Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

Mischief Maker

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by Mischief Maker »

You know, instead of me ordering people to be happy, how 'bout I link something genuinely hopeful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UU3JdDV9aw

That's Sara Nelson, the one woman who truly thwarted Trump politically (ending the govt. shutdown). Not Chuck Schumer cashing in all the promises he got from McConnell, not Nancy Pelosi and her fucking vertical clap, a real-live union organizer kicked Trump's ass, and she can do the same to Biden. So cheer up!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Mischief Maker wrote:So cheer up!
Challenging Biden will be strictly verboten for Clinton Republicans and the real Republicans will only challenge him with their wingnut insanity.

That leaves me with no voice--and we're going to flush another four years down the drain. The left will be public enemy #1 after Biden settles in and starts cutting "bipartisan" deals.

Q: Is Biden going to use the bully pulpit to flush out the left and cleanse the fake left of dissenters? (Hint: Do bears shit in the woods?)

And, I can't bear thinking of the stupid showboating that's coming after Trump is removed. White suburban/uptown (professional) America is going to be very satisfied with itself--and believe they have a mandate to centrist power after they win this "blackmail" election. (It will be Obama hopey changey bad.) Trump has to go, so they can feed us any shit burger they want.

I can't smile when I'm being blackmailed. Sorry.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Mm, I'm actually rather happy about not having to pay attention to the wrestling match. As Matt said before, it's liberating having that part of my brain freed up.

Compared to 2016 when I was depressed as shit and 300% more of an asshole to everyone, this is great. This is fine.
we're going to flush another four years down the drain
8 to 16 years if B wins, not 4.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Mischief Maker wrote:Image
Fair enough.

But, your "wisdom" is really no better. :)

https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU
We apologise for the inconvenience
rancor

Post by rancor »

Specineff wrote:Please, someone page Greg or Rancor
Hi - I'm here. I did a search for my name, and found that you've invoked me 6 times in the last ~year for some reason.
I see that >4 years ago we had an immigration discussion and I corrected you on a few misquotes, but I guess I mortally wounded you somehow.

As far as I can tell I've been living rent free in your head over this quote from 2016:
But like Skykid said - the only reason I prefer Trump over Hillary is because I prefer his ineptitude and arrogance over her criminality and the favors she no doubt owes thousands of people if she gets into power. There's really no good choice in this election, but either way it goes its definitely going to be entertaining to watch from afar.
So... do I owe you any money?
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

A Hillary presidency would've probably been near-identical to what we got. It'd be slightly different groups of people on the internet mad about the same things for slightly different reasons, is all. We'd still be living in a kleptocracy run by pedophile war criminals.
BIL

Post by BIL »

You Amerikaners, you make the best junkfood television. Even with the customarily superb HBO crime drama Boardwalk Empire cued up, I'm distracted by the latest clown show!

Spoiler

^ Missed a trick there, shooper, them muhfuckas are clearly enjoying a rousing session of Skate or Die!

Spoiler

^ Damn bro, sorry the shaweet John Wick "false surrender / quickdraw headshot" didn't work IRL and you got your bicep blown off! I hope he's a lefty or wiping his ass is gonna be annoying. What? Yeah, very clever, I have a bidet too, cunt - but workplace/rest stop toilets often don't!

With palpable agony, the NYT is forced by the scenario of a Smol Gay Boi fleeing for his life from 1] Angry Ginger Pedo Manlet 2] SK8R BOI and 3] Captain Lefty McHeadshot (plus their smarter accomplice D'Latarius Tha OG Headstompuh, who GTFO while his comrades ate lead) to do journalism. I can't wait for the trial, should be a hoot!

Last edited by BIL on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Vanguard wrote:A Hillary presidency would've probably been near-identical to what we got. It'd be slightly different groups of people on the internet mad about the same things for slightly different reasons, is all. We'd still be living in a kleptocracy run by pedophile war criminals.
Jesus FUCKING CHRIST I can't take this Jimmy Dore/Krystal Ball false-equivalency bullshit anymore!

A couple nights ago an Illinois woman drove her 17-year-old son and his assault rifle to spend the evening with some militia crazies in my home state murdering people protesting police violence. Just before the killing began, cops armored up like space marines and driving a fucking APC thanked this teenager profusely for coming to protect them, then lifted the heavy hatch and threw him a water bottle, yes, that really is the shooter in this video. If this footage came from a Latin American country, we'd call this a death squad.

Just like I say to the righties, if your thought leaders are the kind of "lefties" who spend all day saying "Bernie's a sellout," "AOC's a sellout," but have nothing but praise for Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard... If they're the kind of "lefties" who champion the lava jato task force, who LITERALLY stole the election from the Bernie Sanders of Brazil by jailing him a month before the election and handing it to a LITERAL neo-fascist who was trailing him by double digits in the polls... If they can't EVER say negative things about Trump without immediately drawing a forced comparison to Democrats, no matter how painful the analogy... If they keep harping on the message that left-wing populists, who want to solve the climate crisis and make sure everyone has food, shelter, and healthcare, actually have a lot in common with right-wing "populists," who want to hunt black people for sport...

...maybe they're as much the "real progressives" they claim to be as Dave Rubin is "the last liberal" he claims to be.

Just before I stopped watching Jimmy Dore back in 2017, I remember him clearly stating, "A lot of right-wingers watch my show! They think I'm a real straight-shooter."

BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:murdering people protesting police violence.
Is that what they were doing Image

Well, to be fair, I'm very curious about how Captain "SHOOT ME NIGGA" (the pedo manlet) found himself sprinting after Smol Gay at full throttle, throwing shit at him. What kind of retard does that? Did Smol Gay take a shot at someone prior? The truth will out, I hope anyway.
Last edited by BIL on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BIL, shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're talking about.

The crowd was chasing that little Hitler Youth because he had just shot someone in the head. He shot three people in total, you only see the last two in the video.

Then he walked past police vehicles with their lights on, brandishing a rifle, and wasn't even stopped for questioning.
Last edited by Mischief Maker on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Meoww!
Mischief Maker wrote:The crowd was chasing that little Hitler Youth because he had just shot someone in the head.
Do you mean Pedo Manlet, or someone else. (see previous post)

Oh, I guess you do mean Pedo Manlet. Never mind!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker, how can you treat your old friend BIL like a bitch-ass nigga. Image I demand a full retraction of your libelous claim that I was not appraised of the facts prior to commencing Internet Dance Battle.

I DEMAND IT SIR :O

Spoiler

^ Smol Gay Boi was right to be scared of this raging bald pedo, imo. Short, bald, mid-30s, GINGER? THATS A FUCKIN POWDER KEG SONNY Image (AND he a pedo)

AND A WIGGER (■`W´■)

White people Image Image Image "Bust on me for real?" Who he think he is, HE MAMA?

Well chaps, I'm going to smoke my pipe and watch the telly. Please keep the heat on in here, you know my old feets get cold. >¦3

EDIT: FOOK! ME MAM ON TE PHONE :O Well I decided to spruce up this post a bit before getting back to me show. Apologies for not providing raw vid of ginger pedo manlet, all I could find on short notice. :[
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BIL, you just saw me screaming at other lefties that open fascist violence has come to my home state and now is not the time for empty virtue-signaling. Did you seriously think a rotten.com picture with a funny caption was going to get a positive response from me at that moment?
BIL wrote:I demand a full retraction of your libelous claim that I was not appraised of the facts prior to commencing Internet Dance Battle.
Actually you brought my old worries about you back to life. I know the kind of places whose first act whenever there's a police shooting or proudboy/militia dust up is to immediately dox the victims, looking for unrelated criminal records to imply they had it coming. Where did you get that link?

I stand by what I said earlier. The people in those message boards may laugh at your edgelord jokes, but they aren't your friends and are likely to dox you at your most vulnerable moment and take away your dreams, just like the Brigador guy. That kid fell in with a militia crowd and now he's a murderer at age 17, his life is ruined whether or not he's convicted. Get out while you still can!

BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:BIL, you just saw me screaming at other lefties that open fascist violence has come to my home state and now is not the time for empty virtue-signaling. Did you seriously think a rotten.com picture with a funny caption was going to get a positive response from me at that moment?
Hand on heart MM old friend, I am the Sexiest Man In Jamaica, but I am not clairvoyant! Your post bollocking Vanguard followed mine chortling at The Three Stooges (Baldy, Lefty and Goofy)
Actually you brought my old worries about you back to life. I know the kind of places whose first act whenever there's a police shooting or proudboy/militia dust up is to immediately dox the victims, looking for unrelated criminal records to imply they had it coming. Where did you get that link?

I stand by what I said earlier. The people in those message boards may laugh at your edgelord jokes, but they aren't your friends and are likely to dox you at your most vulnerable moment and take away your dreams, just like the Brigador guy.
Currently plastered all over "TheDonald.win," a hive of scum and villainy! :O (and schadenfreude Image)

MM, no offense, and not meaning to belittle your efforts - you have a very inaccurate idea of how and where I engage with The Internets. As I told you back then, this very forum is the motherlode of Shit That Will Get Dr. Biruford Arrested. Image
That kid fell in with a militia crowd and now he's a murderer at age 17, his life is ruined whether or not he's convicted. Get out while you still can!
This does not look like murder to me, at all - hence mirth! - and I'd be extremely loathe to prosecute it as such, even in a US court with the luxury of degrees. What I'm really curious about is the interval between Baldy McGingerscrote assaulting Smol Gay, and the subsequent projectile-hurling car park sprint after his fleeing young booty.

Not that I think it'll worsen Smol Gay's standing - I just enjoy observing whackos. ¦3
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BIL wrote:This does not look like murder to me, at all,
Yeah, he crossed state lines with a rifle to join a bunch of militia crazies at a racially-charged protest because he cared SO FUCKING MUCH about a Kenosha gas station.

He shot three people, you only see the second two shots in the video. Ben Dixon joked today that, "I love you white allies, but when black people hear gunfire we run AWAY." Not the tactics I would have chose, I will give you that.

I remember my first police ride-along about 10 years ago while I was interning at the DA's office. I kept bumping the back of my head against an awkwardly-mounted assault rifle the squad car obviously wasn't designed to carry. But hey, all that military surplus needs to go SOMEWHERE, so why not the mean streets of Madison?

And now I look at these modern-day Kenosha cops covered head-to-toe in body armor, driving some kind of urban tank, and just gushing with gratitude to the rifle-carrying militia crazies before opening the heavy hatch and tossing them bottles of water.

Why the gratitude? What on earth were these guys in street clothes and rifles gonna do that these military-geared cops weren't equipped for? Or perhaps the more pertinent question is, what were these armed militia crazies gonna do that the cops weren't allowed to do?

BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:Yeah, he crossed state lines with a rifle to join a bunch of militia crazies at a racially-charged protest because he cared SO FUCKING MUCH about a Kenosha gas station.

He shot three people, you only see the second two shots in the video. Ben Dixon joked today that, "I love you white allies, but when black people hear gunfire we run AWAY." Not the tactics I would have chose, I will give you that.
The problem I see here is, the entire episode appears to catalyse with Baldy's assault and continuous pursuit of Smol Gay. Did SG arrive with murderous intent? True or not, I can't see that holding up, with him running full-tilt away as he's chased down first by Baldy, then a large mob who proceed to attack him while he's on the ground.
Spoiler
I am an inveterate scum-diver and connoisseur of feral autism, so I may have seen differing/additional footage, but you can see Shoot Me Nigga getting shot in the (quite well-researched) NYT article. It's immediately after he chases Smol Gay full-pelt across a parking lot, throwing an object that some have claimed a Molotov, others a regular bottle, either way, a missile is launched mid-pursuit.

After doming his enraged, persistent pursuer, Smol Gay gets on the horn and is heard to say "I just killed somebody," at which point the enclosing mob says "Get that motherfucker" (paraphrasing) and Smol Gay once again takes off, leading to his trip and fall in the street ("Get he ass!"), at which point:

1] D'Latarius McStompyFeets takes a running punt at his skull, missing and running off
2] SK8_OR_DIE swings his deck at Smol Gay's skull, missing and taking one in the chest before dying, and
3] Lefty McNKVDerson rushes in, throws his hands up causing Smol Gay to hold his fire, before drawing a handgun and getting his arm blown up (but not being disarmed - see photos/footage of him clutching his firearm while screaming like a bitch).
I don't see murder charges sticking - I'm dubious of manslaughter, even, because disregard and intent both appear sparse, down to Lefty not getting hit until his ill-advised John Wick stunt. Not meaning to play down Baldy getting domed, shit's real bro, but he run up and got done up by a Smol Gay Boi who I can't in good conscience ask to Fight Like A Man. (I'd ask him to Run Like A Bitch, which he did)

Prosecuting Smol Gay for being present and armed to begin with seems a far more realistic prospect, whatever charges that may entail.
I remember my first police ride-along about 10 years ago while I was interning at the DA's office. I kept bumping the back of my head against an awkwardly-mounted assault rifle the squad car obviously wasn't designed to carry. But hey, all that military surplus needs to go SOMEWHERE, so why not the mean streets of Madison?

And now I look at these modern-day Kenosha cops covered head-to-toe in body armor, driving some kind of urban tank, and just gushing with gratitude to the rifle-carrying militia crazies before opening the heavy hatch and tossing them bottles of water.

Why the gratitude? What on earth were these guys in street clothes and rifles gonna do that these military-geared cops weren't equipped for? Or perhaps the more pertinent question is, what were these armed militia crazies gonna do that the cops weren't allowed to do?
Your country has Gun Problems, I think that is inarguable. I've always been grateful for not having been born there, while visiting friends and family (Florida and Illinois have been very good to me, but as a visitor from relatively gunless climes I know I'm out of my element), and particularly as an ambiguous mongrel who sets off race haters across the spectrum, I always make a point of never running up on people, even for the most benign of reasons. I don't run up on people anywhere, really, but I know the odds of them packing heat are exceptionally good in Burgerland!

EDIT: God damn it. Seems NYT don't have the video of Baldy getting taken out. It exists, but I hate linking random unvetted YTers (or heaven forbid BITCHUTERS :O), because you find some real characters on there.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

rancor wrote:Hi - I'm here. I did a search for my name, and found that you've invoked me 6 times in the last ~year for some reason.
I see that >4 years ago we had an immigration discussion and I corrected you on a few misquotes, but I guess I mortally wounded you somehow.

Funny. The facts are that it seemed as if someone had grabbed the US flag from your front lawn and wiped their ass with it before pissing on it and setting it on fire (then pissing on the ashes), just because a foreigner didn't like the idea of an incompetent and racially-biased man like Trump in power.
rancor wrote:As far as I can tell I've been living rent free in your head over this quote from 2016:
Don't flatter yourself. See above.
But like Skykid said - the only reason I prefer Trump over Hillary is because I prefer his ineptitude and arrogance over her criminality and the favors she no doubt owes thousands of people if she gets into power. There's really no good choice in this election, but either way it goes its definitely going to be entertaining to watch from afar.
Whew. Thank goodness there's a school-loan shark investor as secretary of education and one of Trump's biggest donors and fund-raiser host crippling the USPS as its head officer. Man, we surely dodged a bullet there. But even otherwise, it's not like it'd affect you much, right?
rancor wrote:So... do I owe you any money?
Sorry, I don't accept Paper Patriot Points; just see if you can debate without ad-hominems or strawmans. Whatever spare money you have, you're better off donating it to building the wall; perhaps this time they can get it built for real instead of just doing repairs or adding extensions to existing barriers.
Last edited by Specineff on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Mischief Maker wrote:
I'm not familiar with the incident in question, I generally try to avoid this stuff. I don't have a way to stop it and it just makes me unhappy. With that said, I really don't believe the Clintons are really any more concerned about violence towards poor people than Trump is. They might say differently but it really is just talk. The leaders of both parties have an interest in spreading hatred between blacks and whites, men and women, etc. as a distraction from the very severe class issues destroying this country. Both want to perpetuate the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of muslims year after year for the sake of selling weapons and procuring oil. Both will continue to coup any poor nation that decides to stand up for its working class, because we can't miss out on that cheap labor. For both parties the #1 priority is to steal from the poor to give to the rich and I don't believe for one second the Clintons would do anything to change that. Shit sucks, it really truly does, I don't like what's happening to this place any more than you do. But electing someone who is funded and owned by the same people as Trump will not change any of it even if they do put a D next to their name.

To be clear, there's no doubt that proportion of people trying to fix this shit is overwhelmingly higher among the Democrats. Sanders absolutely would have made a difference had he gotten into office. But also don't forget that it was the DNC, not the Republicans, who ensured he'd never get the chance.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

MM I'm seeing a lot about two people killed by this kid. Is there a reputable source for the third kill? Despicable either way but trying to get facts straight these days is a nightmare.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Three people were shot; two were killed, one lost his arm.

But again, the big thing that has me so upset is the goddamn Kenosha police. In the background of the water video you hear a cop in another APC yelling at the protesters with the Robocop voice, while the one by the militia crazies is nothing but effusive gratitude. Why do these militarized police need vigilante auxiliaries?

Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Ah, thanks. I've been trying to make sense of the timeline with this.

Robocop was a prophecy. They don't need the help but I'm not surprised they have willing helpers. Copaganda has been the top tv genre for decades. I agree the whole thing is very disturbing as is the other story currently at the top of the news. When the first thing you see people asking is what was he wanted for, what did he do to deserve it when a guy was unjustifiably shot in the back seven times that's fucked up.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:Three people were shot; two were killed, one lost his arm.
AFAIK Lefty's still got his arm, it's just fucked up. His bro posted a shot of him in hospital with it sealed up, and the charming claim that Lefty's only regret was not immediately emptying his piece on the kid (instead of going for the 1337 John Wick maneuver).
Spoiler
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Vanguard wrote:With that said, I really don't believe the Clintons are really any more concerned about violence towards poor people than Trump is.
Just off the top of my head, do you think President Hillary would have, say, pardoned soldiers who committed war crimes, invited the likes of Mark and Patricia McCloskey to speak at her party's convention, had her Secretary of State declare that all rights outside of property and religion are provided only at the government's pleasure, or teargassed peaceful protestors in the name of the world's most insultingly cynical photo-op? (Or, for that matter, would Tim Kaine have lionized a cop "killed during the riots in Oakland" while failing to mention that it was a boogaloo boy who killed him?)

More to the point, if she had done any of those things, or anything remotely close to those things, do you think either her party or the "liberal media" would have been anywhere near as effusively acquiescent as Trump's equivalents?

And if you dare to get into more "abstract" forms of attacking poor folks, like, say, disaster response, tax policy or voter suppression, things get even more interesting.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Vanguard wrote:
I originally wrote a much longer reply that I snipped for the sake of making a clearer argument. Suffice to say the Clintons are racist pieces of shit for whom wokeness is a light switch to be flicked on and off as convenient. That said, Hillary would not have appointed Jeff Sessions Attorney General, a man whose appointment to the federal judiciary was (successfully) protested by MLK's widow in the 1980s. We would not have had a Sessions-like AG who would start his tenure by announcing a new hands-off policy for investigating police violence, paving the way to the present unrest. We also wouldn't have Steven Miller, Sessions' protege.

And as boring as it is to say, all the best court decisions against Trump's worst authoritarian urges were made by Clinton or Obama appointees. Meanwhile lots of judges are passing down ridiculous rulings they know damn well won't survive appeal in order to ingratiate themselves to Trump, kinda like Gorsuch's Ice Truck ruling (A corporation can fire you for refusing to follow an order that will likely lead to your death). There is not a single left priority, not the environment, not medicare for all, not civil rights, NOTHING can survive a 7-2 republican SCOTUS.

And frankly, on the list of things I'd blame for Bernie's 2020 loss, I would put Covid first, splitting the progressive vote (Warren, Gabbard, and Yang) second, The Media's insane coverage third, and Pelosi rushing impeachment to force Sanders to be in Washington for impeachment and unable to campaign in-person for the Iowa caucuses fourth, before anything the DNC did. But most of all I think Bernie made some tactical errors. He should have shelved the revolution message and gone with a "Finishing the New Deal" in this time of chaos while people craved normality, Ryan Grim was constantly ringing the alarm bells over the new TV people on the campaign, "Watch a 2016 Sanders ad and try not to cry, then watch a 2020 Sanders ad and try to stay awake," and of course he made the (totally understandable) mistake of counting Biden out after his early state losses.

And look, part of the reason I'm being so brittle lately is my own mental health. I know and agree with all the criticisms of the austerity wing of the Democratic party, I don't need to be reminded, but talking about it accomplishes nothing at this point.

As bad as Biden is, there's not a single negative he has that Trump doesn't share and in many cases amplify, from the mental decline, to the rape allegations, to the rampant neoliberal corruption and sucking up to wall street, to the idiot kids making shady deals with petrostates. But Trump also has proven to be a blithering incompetent in handling this plague (We're 4% of the world population but 22% of covid deaths, and that number is undoubtedly lowballed) he's packing the federal judiciary with young, barely qualified lunatics in LIFETIME judgeships, and oh yeah, he's got violent militia groups up in arms to have a Charles Manson-esque civil war 2: electric boogaloo.

I worked full time for the Kerry campaign in 2004 (very low on the totem pole) and one day I was canvassing door-to-door when a guy eagerly invited me in and showed me that he was burning bootleg DVDs of Michael Moore's anti-Bush-jr-documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" that he was distributing to friends and family to get the word out. Seemed like just the kind of guy I was looking for, but when I asked him to sign up he replied, "Nah, I think if Bush gets reelected things are gonna get so bad people are going to wake up and the revolution's gonna come." Bush jr. was reelected, the revolution didn't come, and his supreme court nominees gutted the voting rights act, which is why you see these ridiculously long lines for black people to vote in the south now.

There are non-electoral means of advancing our interests for the next four years. For God's sake enough with the false equivalencies. Hold your nose and vote tactically, then make Biden's presidency a living hell.

GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

They've booked the kid for 2 counts of murder. Not sure if it will stick as in the video they could say some bullshit about self defense. Will rest on testimony of the first person he shot, off screen, and the whole idea of intent. Kenosha is 90 minutes from Chicago w/ zero traffic. He didn't just stumble upon it. Of course, he has to survive incarceration first.
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.
BIL

Post by BIL »

GaijinPunch wrote:They've booked the kid for 2 counts of murder. Not sure if it will stick as in the video they could say some bullshit about self defense. Will rest on testimony of the first person he shot, off screen, and the whole idea of intent.
The first person he shot was onscreen. And now dead >_> (Enraged Baldy chasing him across a parking lot throwing stuff)

Spoiler
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I would put Covid first, splitting the progressive vote (Warren, Gabbard, and Yang) second, The Media's insane coverage third, and Pelosi rushing impeachment to force Sanders to be in Washington for impeachment and unable to campaign in-person for the Iowa caucuses fourth, before anything the DNC did.
Funny because I would put ratfuck voltron as the only* reason he lost the primary, since the numbers said if the guy in #2 and the lady in #3 hadn't dropped out and endorsed the guy at #4, the guy at #1 was going to win. Which is... why they did this historical and otherwise completely inexplicable thing?

Gigantic lol at mentioning 0% Gabbard, 0% Yang in the same breath as 13% Warren though.

* He couldn't do anything about his gender or his race or his age. These were way more important than any strategic or tactical choices the campaign made. It's depressing as fuck, but this is the world we live in.
there's not a single negative he has that Trump doesn't share
Technically there's always the endorsement of the Bush 2's admin's neo-con ghouls...

..Let's not do this. Everyone already has the same information and made up their minds on this years or decades ago. Nobody was telling you to stay at home or vote Trump. Yelling at people in red states and blue states and other countries won't make a difference on the outcome.

It's collapse, if not extinction.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I wanna give a blanket apology, I've been biting people's heads off unfairly on this thread this last week. It's one thing to see these militias getting a wink an a nod from the cops someplace far away like Portland, it's another thing to see it in my own backyard. And here I am in quarantine with no option to vent my rage but the internet. Sorry everyone, it was unfair of me.
BryanM wrote:Gigantic lol at mentioning 0% Gabbard, 0% Yang in the same breath as 13% Warren though.
Elsewhere I've been encountering the Jimmy Dore crowd and I can't stand their worship of Tulsi Gabbard while bashing people far to her left. The big lesson from 2020 was not to split the progressive vote, and she was angling to be a spoiler to Bernie just as much as Warren, the only difference was level of success. I guess I'm also bringing outside baggage to the forum from that world as well.

What's that old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times?"

BIL

Post by BIL »

Politics thread, a bit of venting is to be expected. :wink: Better out than in, as my old man often remarks shortly after ripping a big one!