Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

BryanM

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by BryanM »

Moon missions really feel like every new Diablo game they make: starting all over again from scratch. Like I've mentioned often, the space shuttle set us back decades. A moon base would be a hell of an engineering feat, considering all the dust up there. Just tears up everything.

Fusion isn't going to pay off any time soon. The "we'll have fusion in 50 years" meme is really more like 500 years. It may not even ever become useful outside of actually creating a star or something.

Cancer treatments are something I'm actually optimistic about. There are multiple approaches that have shown a lot of promise.
____

Muskboys were pretty energetic last week, when a Tesla truck drove around a bit. The smugbros were pretty irritating, since no one said it was impossible to spin a turbine with an electric motor... the criticism was the numbers didn't look like they'd be better than what we're currently using yet...

... Dave Chappelle bringing him out during his show was a pretty bizarre moment. Dave had a breakdown and quit his massively popular TV show because he felt it was a harmful thing he shouldn't be doing, it's what he's most famous for, and then he does this number.

"Why was Musk there? Who made the decision? What was their logic?" These questions can keep a man up at night.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

BryanM wrote:#1 thing I am doing to help is by nagging other people to please not murder people who aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

#2 thing I am doing to help is nothing, because I'm not a control freak asshole, I'm a more different kind of asshole. It's not my place. Why would I tell other people how to live their lives? Am I their mother?? Do I want a big government nanny state controlling what hobbies people have?????

Intrusive hippy weirdos like Fetterman can do the hard work of re-integrating them into society. And the fascists can continue beating them with sticks reminding them that they'll never get to be human. Whatever.

Those other people can worry about other people things, I'll worry about Bryan things.

Opium on the rise thanks to capitalists? Maybe try cutting the supply off at the head, instead of obsessing over low level fuckers who aren't spending their weekends at cocktail orgies sleeping on a pile of $4,000 nineteen year old hookers?

... but that would be solving the problem slightly. The point is to have a scapegoat to hate, because the endorphins it releases feels good (almost like... some kind of drug. And the inexplicable obsession with this skubstuff? Almost seems like... some kind of addiction?), and if it's not fellow addicts it'll be something else.

But never alcoholics anymore, for some mysterious reason. I wonder why the alcoholics get a pass, when they're probably even worse off on average... .... life sure is full of mysteries, isn't it...
Mmmm Kay.

I think you confused your first source with a user as drug dealers certainly have blood on their hands.. (even in a court system)

And your lack of sympathy leads me to believe you only care about the manufactured problems of the "Great Teleprompter"

Your source of opiates makes no sense to me

I would would trace the source and the element of use to policies of defacto legalization

I'm glad you don't have a business next to one of these wasp nests.

Lets just Fetterman our way to Utopia.

I honestly cant believe you have mentioned him in a good way.

He wants to let murderers off on a life sentence because....?
Copyright 1987
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Air Master Burst wrote:Real estate and HEALTH CARE. So many people get addicted in the first place because of something that started as a legit prescription their insurance was happy to cover, but as soon as they need treatment for that addiction suddenly they're fucked.
Don't get me started on that. There were massive scandals not too far in the past, about these big pharma companies that basically paid off doctors to prescribe fentanyl-based medications to people who didn't need them. Which got those patients hooked on drugs. Then the scandal erupted, some of the bigwigs got some small jail time in minimum security facilities, but all the lives ruined? Eh, fuckit. Money was made, right?

It's the people who deliberately get others hooked on drugs that deserve the death penalties imo. That shit is pure evil.

Homelessness, mental health, health care and housing are all deeply intertwined. Being homeless negatively affects mental health and healthcare. Having a safe place to stay improves mental health and wellbeing. Being cold, sick and tired all the time will naturally drive one towards substance abuse. Not having any mental health assistance will likewise lead towards being on the street and that will make mental health issues worsen.

If our society had just the tiniest bit of care for its own citizens, well it might be fucking nice. I'm not saying we have to extend endless sympathy and understanding to a violent asshole who is high as a kite, running around with a knife or whatever. But just... Maybe if we took some basic steps to help reduce homelessness, it would have a knock-on effect of also reducing violent crime, reducing drug addiction, reducing instances of crazy people committing violent crimes... Y'know? Maybe give people a way that they can stay off the streets, get help for addiction and have three hots and a safe cot if they want? Say to them, "here you go, this stuff is all over here if you want it." And then if they don't take it that's fine. But I bet a lot of people would love to take it.

My city is an absolute cesspool right now, as a result of the current policies regarding homelessness. It's a national joke. Garbage everywhere. Homeless everywhere. Tent cities all over. Graffiti and drugs and violent crime. Constant noise from homeless fighting or screaming. The city does jack shit about it. They talk a good game about helping the homeless but when it comes time to do something, they do nothing. All promises and no action. Useless fucks. They're liberals too, so it goes to show it matters not who is in power, regarding this issue.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

BryanM wrote:Fusion isn't going to pay off any time soon. The "we'll have fusion in 50 years" meme is really more like 500 years. It may not even ever become useful outside of actually creating a star or something.
We'll see. I think there will be some pioneer fusion power plants in fifty years. Eventually, survival will depend on it. It's a shame about all the rare earth mining and battery waste. I'm not saying we are saving the world, but I don't actually believe we will run out of energy. (Might run out of food chain, though. That could be a problem.)

That's actually how the desalination plant came up. I knew the San Diego plant is there, but someone casually told me people would "never be able to treat and use seawater" in conversation. The problem with popping off that line is: multiple nations already do it. That's what happens when you get old and start mentally carving "facts" into brain stone. Desalination was impractical and unworkable--and now it isn't. There ya go. :-) Never say never.

Our doom is probably the side effects and waste of getting more water and energy, not running completely out.
BryanM wrote:Cancer treatments are something I'm actually optimistic about. There are multiple approaches that have shown a lot of promise.
I'm encouraged that it got a person into remission. Maybe they won't lock these treatments behind a paywall like some of the hospice treatments we have (not much insurance coverage). We'll see. Americans know that money is actually holy and it has the divine right to choose who dies. :mrgreen:
We apologise for the inconvenience
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Today's fun throwback clip comes from Hillz:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGwGB7lKE0

Ha. :lol:
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Sometimes it feels like gay rights are the only thing we've made any progress on in the past 20 years. Just absolute victory there; what's his face was right. Politics is downstream from culture. The fash are right to be so terrified about our movies and TV shows humanizing people.

This year's theme song is Fly-day Chinatown. I'm not sure why exactly. It might just be like the musicians on the Titanic.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Ha. :lol:

We intentionally designed shit swiss cheese OS "security and privacy" for our mobiles, but unfettered access to all our data is only for the people that are "in the club" and "trustworthy". No worries. Google and Apple are upstanding citizens. Everything is well!

Shit.

I freely acknowledge the threat of an application with a large install base; I'm not stupid. We should take practical measures to slow and review updates (to battle espionage), but banning apps outright seems ham fisted.

If our celly operating systems weren't crafted to harvest reams of fucking data and actually designed to meet people's needs, this wouldn't be so bad. You really don't have a choice. You have to accept the terms. Can't get a good job with a landline and a pager. Maybe we should start by fixing the obvious problem first: the operating systems.

They won't do it, because people would kill Google and Apple's privileged data harvesting processes off and completely neuter them a heartbeat if they were properly decoupled from the operating system.

Can't really function without a phone.
"Yeah, I can handle the job. Ring my pager and I'll give you a call when I get back home."
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sima Tuna wrote:My city is an absolute cesspool right now, as a result of the current policies regarding homelessness. It's a national joke. Garbage everywhere. Homeless everywhere. Tent cities all over. Graffiti and drugs and violent crime. Constant noise from homeless fighting or screaming. The city does jack shit about it. They talk a good game about helping the homeless but when it comes time to do something, they do nothing. All promises and no action. Useless fucks. They're liberals too, so it goes to show it matters not who is in power, regarding this issue.
Maybe there's a connection between being endlessly permissive (liberal approach) and this level of societal deterioration?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Rob wrote:
Sima Tuna wrote:My city is an absolute cesspool right now, as a result of the current policies regarding homelessness. It's a national joke. Garbage everywhere. Homeless everywhere. Tent cities all over. Graffiti and drugs and violent crime. Constant noise from homeless fighting or screaming. The city does jack shit about it. They talk a good game about helping the homeless but when it comes time to do something, they do nothing. All promises and no action. Useless fucks. They're liberals too, so it goes to show it matters not who is in power, regarding this issue.
Maybe there's a connection between being endlessly permissive (liberal approach) and this level of societal deterioration?
Well, sitting on your ass ignoring the problem is probably just as effective as going out and beating the shit out of people.

I think Sima Tuna's issue is with no honest solutions.

For instance, I bet you suggest "cracking skulls". When challenged, you'll fall back to letting "the invisible hand" of homelessness/starvation kill people. (North Korea style, baby! Yeah! Get with it or die!) That's just another brand of doing nothing. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

What we "know" has failed us. Even with generous resources, the staircase has underperformed. It makes sense in theory and aligns with everything we learn growing up, but maybe that's why it comes up short. Extending and reusing the framework that already failed many homeless people hasn't worked the way we thought it would.
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Rob wrote:Maybe there's a connection between being endlessly permissive (liberal approach) and this level of societal deterioration?
Yeah, remember how successful the 18th amendment was? This is the same sort of caveman thinking that gets us abstinence-only sex education.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Rob wrote:Maybe there's a connection between being endlessly permissive (liberal approach) and this level of societal deterioration?
No. But there's definitely a connection between the conservative media pundits who spread ideas like that and avoiding easily sourced data.

The combination of disdain for funding public education or providing social safety nets to keep people from falling through the cracks in hardcore red states produces the real hellholes.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Always be wary when drawing strong conclusions from data sets. The differences are more subtle than the colors here make them look, and public policy in isolation won't explain their entirety. Just some obvious observations that come to mind at a first pass:

* City/rural wealth inequality is very obfuscated by lumping everyone into one state-sized blob like this. As I've mentioned before, my home region, the central valley of California, is as poor as it gets in this country and would be right up around 20% if this was broken down by county.

* Louisiana and Mississippi have recovered the least from slavery. As you know, Alabama was one of the states to finally make slavery illegal this year. Louisiana... voted to keep slavery. (Though there are claims that's because the language used on the ballot was too vague, and maybe they'll get it next time.)

* If you're broke as shit, and you want to not die, you'd want to live someplace warmer than someplace that will freeze you to death during the winter. It also helps living in a city, as you're not likely to be able to survive off your secret turnip farm in the mountains for all that long.

* Higher population densities require proportionally less jobs for carry capacity. If you double a city's population, you don't have to double its number of Wal-Mart employees.

* Various general error margins on methodology.

I also generally loathe talking to capitalists and bootlickers in their terms. " If one must always consider money before acting, then in all things one is bound by money." The capitalists only care about hoarding as much wealth for their specific in-group as possible. The fash only care about hurting people they don't like. The non-materialists only care about people wearing the right color hat or some other stupid symbol-based nonsense.
... the correct god to worship is Tzeentch, is what I'm getting at here.
Last edited by BryanM on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not that a "Great Replacement Theory" troll like you is ever actually arguing in good faith, but if you really want to go there I'd argue that the ones whose "endless permissiveness" has gotten us into this mess are people like you, who talk so tough on homelessness, immigration, moral decay and everything else, while simultaneously not only permitting but actively abetting a tiny, utterly ethically bankrupt portion of the population to construct the most lopsided income and wealth gaps the nation has ever seen, then cruelly and incredulously parrot them when they have the gall to declare that when everyone else has so much trouble keeping a roof over their head and food on the table that it's entirely due to personal failings on their part.

Once again, when things go badly it's not a terribly difficult concept that if anybody needs to be "cracked down" on in some manner it's the people with the actual power to have made things the way they are - and sorry, but you need to aim significantly higher than just local officials - unless, of course, your actual goal is not to solve anything but to have an evergreen excuse to openly and gleefully treat certain types of people like utter shit. You're not stupid enough to believe any plutocrat who insists that he's only been passing on the inevitable costs of inflation while simultaneously reporting record profits to shareholders; you are, however, enough of a spiteful asshole to constantly pretend you're that stupid. You're such a complete and utter shill for the very worst in our society that you'd rather repeatedly punch yourself and your fellow countrymen in the balls than dare to punch up.

The "permissiveness" making such a mess of the nation isn't coming from people who recognize that "the beatings will continue until morale improves" is a laugh line, not legitimate policy: it's from you, and far too many others of your pitiful ilk, who will breathlessly cheer on literally any shyster, despot and/or fanatic as they wreak utter havoc on every last one of us just so long as the yeeeahhhh fuck yooouuu yeeeahhh can keep on flowing.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

For those of you who forget the past, you might want to take a glance at his posts starting around page 2.

I'm assuming the change was the same thing that happened to Bill Maher or something, the bit isn't interesting or amusing enough to be a bit....

Also a good flashback time to dunk on stupid Nate Silver for having 2015 pundit brain.

Reminder any current polls saying DeSantis will blow Trump out mean absolutely nothing until the first debates start.

Silver is of course continuing the establishment's dogma/propaganda, pushing that you think DeSantis is real.

It is funny listening to Trump dunk on his peers trying to dodge the "did you take the booster" question and the answer is "yes" so they flop around trying to avoid saying "yes", and seeing a cut of DeSantis doing exactly that in the cringyest way. Gross fake politicians, man. Dude is at his peak, it's all downhill from here..
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I see Musk banned WaPo, so I guess it's Musk versus Bezos. That frames the state of American politics and the identities of both parties very accurately.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

XtraSmiley wrote:"From this we can reasonably conclude that any given billionaire has a very high chance of being a child predator."
It's incredibly naive to believe otherwise. Why haven't any of Epstein's clients been punished by the law?
XtraSmiley wrote:Or that most government is out to impoverish the working class. I mean, you must admit that there are laws today that protect the working class the didn't exist 50, 100, 1000 years ago right? I wonder who made those "rules" into things like "laws?"
Of course there are laws protecting the working class that didn't exist X years ago, as well as many more, and better enforced, laws and new institutions protecting the capitalist class. And pro-worker laws in America were created primarily thanks to union workers who went on strikes and in some cases engaged in violence and sabotage against their capitalist overlords. Hope this helps.

It is, once again, shockingly naive to believe that the American government isn't an enemy of the working class. They constantly and gladly print trillions of dollars to give to billionaires and corporations for any reason you can think of, but the rest of us have got to make it on our own. Remember the coronavirus lockdowns? Remember how they had almost limitless handouts for Amazon and Walmart, but getting a few thousand dollars from Trump and Biden was like pulling teeth and the whole time they wept "Can we really afford this?" They lie to us so we'll die in their wars. They'll always turn a blind eye to tax evasion by the rich. Crimes committed by the wealthy and powerful are simply ignored with no punishment, and the one exception is when their actions create problems for someone even more wealthy and powerful. They very consistently side against union rights, minimum wage increases, and anything else that might inconvenience wealthy investors. How could you possibly believe them to be on your side or even remotely neutral?
cave hermit wrote:If ALL the ceos, executives, billionaires, and world leaders/legislators were all gathered at a single location under a false pretense, before a nuclear payload was detonated there, would the human condition improve or worsen?
That's like the best single incident that could possibly happen without outright supernatural intervention. There's no way that couldn't be good.
cave hermit wrote:If you could choose to have your brain removed from your body, prefrontal cortex and any other parts of the brain responsible for higher thought completely destroyed or excised, and have the remaining intact brain tissue put in some type of life support tank that electrically stimulated dopamine reward pathways continuously, would you do it?
That's one hell of a shitty deal.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Given that the USA incarcerates more of its own people than any other nation in the world, but is still suffering from a high level of societal deterioration, I would say that endless permissiveness is not our fundamental problem, at least not endless permissiveness towards the populace at large. Certainly we'd be better off if society was not endlessly permissive towards the sociopathic billionaire class.
Air Master Burst

BryanM wrote:For those of you who forget the past, you might want to take a glance at his posts starting around page 2.
Maybe he just really likes getting dunked on for saying fantastically stupid shit? I've become convinced it's an actual fetish.

And all it took was a one-sentence question! Take notes, JBC, THAT'S how it's done!
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Vanguard wrote:
It's incredibly naive to believe otherwise. Why haven't any of Epstein's clients been punished by the law?
Most of your post is too silly for me to reply to, but have you ever considered Epstein himself being arrested counters your narrative?

Let me guess, you're just going to say he just pissed off some other, secret, richer person, who, then had him arrested and killed?

You're living in a fantasy land and the worst part is, usually fantasies are meant to be fun, but yours is depressing. I truly feel bad for you.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

XtraSmiley wrote:Most of your post is too silly for me to reply to, but have you ever considered Epstein himself being arrested counters your narrative?

Let me guess, you're just going to say he just pissed off some other, secret, richer person, who, then had him arrested and killed?

You're living in a fantasy land and the worst part is, usually fantasies are meant to be fun, but yours is depressing. I truly feel bad for you.
Obviously he was a liability for the rest of the elites and had to be dealt with. The rest of the elites couldn't take the risk that he'd talk to try and save himself and bring the rest of them down. And even then the method they used to deal with him the the most absurdly shady shit imaginable. You don't really think the highest profile prisoner in the USA killed himself while his guards were out napping at the same time as his cameras just happened to stop working, do you?

Perhaps you weren't aware that Epstein had gone to court for sex crimes more than once? The first time he went to court, it wasn't very widely known and the ruling class was able to sweep it under the rug. The prosecution attorney, Rene Alexander Acosta, offered Epstein an absurdly good plea deal where he basically didn't get punished at all and could keep doing what he was doing, which Epstein of course accepted. And then later the Trump administration gave Acosta a nice government job.

Do you really believe corporate handouts are a fantasy? Those $1200 checks from the CARES act only made up only a small fraction of its spending, though you'd never guess that from the media response. Do you really not find it strange at all that the democrats have had such strong control over the government for the past three years, yet have not enacted popular ideas like raising the minimum wage or socializing the cost of health care? $7.25/hr is a bad joke, the US health care system is a farce. Doing either would have helped them get reelected, yet even with an election looming they just couldn't be bothered. The reason is because the lobbyists who fund them don't want either.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Madoff is like the only guy I think they maxed out on: 150 years in prison, didn't let him out to die at home. You get the impression he really pissed off the wrong people, but he's still a scapegoat in the end. Everyone knew it was a scheme, and didn't care as long as it wasn't hurting them.

Still really nothing compared to what they've done to Manning or Assange.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

BryanM wrote:Madoff is like the only guy I think they maxed out on: 150 years in prison, didn't let him out to die at home. You get the impression he really pissed off the wrong people, but he's still a scapegoat in the end. Everyone knew it was a scheme, and didn't care as long as it wasn't hurting them.

Still really nothing compared to what they've done to Manning or Assange.
One of my favorites is how Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty of defrauding investors, yet somehow innocent of defrauding patients. Just a blatant display of how rich people's crimes are only crimes when they harm other rich people. You'd think that if they were going to lock her up either way they'd at least pretend that the rule of law was real.
Rob

Post by Rob »

BryanM wrote:I'm assuming the change was the same thing that happened to Bill Maher or something
"[Presentism] is like getting mad at yourself for not knowing what you know now when you were ten."

A lot has happened over the past seven years. I'm amazed by people who haven't budged an inch since 2015, as if they fell from the womb with a hammer and sickle tattoo and a lifelong penchant for whining.
Vanguard wrote:Given that the USA incarcerates more of its own people than any other nation in the world, but is still suffering from a high level of societal deterioration, I would say that endless permissiveness is not our fundamental problem, at least not endless permissiveness towards the populace at large. Certainly we'd be better off if society was not endlessly permissive towards the sociopathic billionaire class.
When San Franciscans recalled Weather Underground bastard child Chesa Boudin they were not thinking about billionaires.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Rob wrote:A lot has happened over the past seven years. I'm amazed by people who haven't budged an inch since 2015
Yup, back then it became obvious beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Jews are deliberately funneling South and Central Americans northward with the aim of gradually replacing white people, and anyone who somehow still hasn't gotten on board with the unassailable truth-tellers - the most high-profile of whom just launched a personalized NFT line - is simply being deliberately obtuse. :lol: Fuckin' hell.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Vanguard wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:Most of your post is too silly for me to reply to, but have you ever considered Epstein himself being arrested counters your narrative?

Obviously he was a liability for the rest of the elites and had to be dealt with....
When someone says, let me guess and explains what you're about to spout off, you don't need to solidify it with doing that exact thing. But it did give me a good chuckle, so thanks.
Vanguard wrote: Do you really believe corporate handouts are a fantasy? Those $1200 checks from the CARES act only made up only a small fraction of its spending, though you'd never guess that from the media response. Do you really not find it strange at all that the democrats have had such strong control over the government for the past three years, yet have not enacted popular ideas like raising the minimum wage or socializing the cost of health care? $7.25/hr is a bad joke, the US health care system is a farce. Doing either would have helped them get reelected, yet even with an election looming they just couldn't be bothered. The reason is because the lobbyists who fund them don't want either.
Do I think rich people take advantage of everything they can to stay rich? Of course many do, but the entire government is not out to get you. Many people are actually trying to do overall good. Democrats, incase you don't understand how the US system works, don't really have "strong control" as they literally needed the VP to be a tie breaker in congress, had individual senators be ass-hats to put up road blocks, and don't control the Supreme Court. Yes, more shit heads are in charge than good people would like, but not everyone is a shit head.

Do you consider yourself a shit head the likes of what you describe? If the answer is yes, then I really understand your world view. If the answer is no then surely you must consider that there are others out there as well that want a better situation for all?

Now if your answer is no to the above, but feel like those good people just have no chance at all of ever getting elected, thus 100% of government is only shit heads, then YES you ARE living in a fantasy world and it's a sad, depressing fantasy.
Air Master Burst

Rob wrote:A lot has happened over the past seven years. I'm amazed by people who haven't budged an inch since 2015, as if they fell from the womb with a hammer and sickle tattoo and a lifelong penchant for whining.
I know a couple guys who went from milquetoast democrat to raging trump fan after their wives left them, but other than that this is a strange phenomenon.

I'm not even sure about Bill Maher comparison, because I remember catching him every so often on Comedy Central back in the early-mid 90s and he was a raging bigoted douche back then too.
XtraSmiley wrote:Democrats, incase you don't understand how the US system works, don't really have "strong control" as they literally needed the VP to be a tie breaker in congress, had individual senators be ass-hats to put up road blocks, and don't control the Supreme Court.
Clinton and Obama both also had a unified government to start their first terms and nothing came of it other than passing republican shit like tough-on-crime legislation, welfare reform, and rebranding romneycare. Amazing how things republicans want always seem to be accomplished no matter which party is in control. Almost like the whole two-party system is some sort of scam or something!
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Air Master Burst wrote:I'm not even sure about Bill Maher comparison, because I remember catching him every so often on Comedy Central back in the early-mid 90s and he was a raging bigoted douche back then too.
Yeah, it's kinda hard to say the left of today has gone too far when 20 years ago you were doing a show snarkily called "Politically Incorrect."

There were a lot of conservative figures who completely laundered their reputations by vaguely signaling they liked Bernie Sanders in 2016.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhMmogx8m38
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Rob

Post by Rob »

Air Master Burst wrote:I know a couple guys who went from milquetoast democrat to raging trump fan after their wives left them, but other than that this is a strange phenomenon.
It is not strange to see the hypocrisies and inconsistencies with liberalism and turn away from it. For instance, when it comes to the environment (digging up an old post).
Rob wrote:California's environmental movement (like the Sierra Club) used to understand the importance of population control as a critical component of environmental protection. They were paid to not understand.
The article linked at the end is gone, but here is the gist of it.

The Sierra Club and the $100 Million Donation That Changed It Forever
But the biggest donation the Sierra Club ever received is the one that altered it forever. In 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed a $100 million gift made by investor David Gelbaum. Unfortunately for environmentalists, Gelbaum’s money came with the string attached that the club never speak out against or try to limit immigration into the United States no matter how obvious it became that adding more people has severe ecological consequences.

Gelbaum told Times reporter Kenneth Weiss that his instructions to then-Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope were that “if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me.” Pope eagerly agreed — but with devastating results.

Not that long ago, the Sierra Club had willingly tackled immigration-related population issues. In her spring 1989 report, Dr. Judy Kunofsky, chair of the Sierra Club Population Committee, concluded that the club should work to “bring about the stabilization of the population first of the United States and then of the world.” That goal was abruptly abandoned after the club deposited Gelbaum’s check.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Clearly the solution to the immigration-fueled climate crisis is whites must stop breeding!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"