Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

orange808

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:It's got nothing to do with correctly pointing out that corrupt and poor nations are awful places to live. Save your hypocrisy.
If the "western nations" hadn't intentionally turned those places into corrupt shitholes through colonization and military intervention in the name of "democracy" then they probably wouldn't want to relocate so badly.

Life isn't a game of Monopoly; just because you heartlessly hoarded the most wealth doesn't make your way right.
What's your point? You opened with history I already know and closed with a statement I agree with. I don't believe in "nation building". I don't support globalization because it's exploitation. I don't believe foreigners with guns are "welcomed as liberators".

None of it makes mass firearm proliferation a good idea. Doesn't change the fact that corruption is the first thing you find in third world nations.. Doesn't change the fact that there are options to vote for more gun regulations and Millennials aren't getting behind it. In fact, a lot of you are stocking up on guns and making it worse.

Mental instability and impulsiveness are basic human characteristics and realities. Knives don't go off by accident. Knives don't stab from a distance. Guns should only be in the hands of trained people under controlled circumstances. Giving people guns is stupid because people aren't trustworthy.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

orange808 wrote:The entire bedrock of civilization (in countries that aren't shit holes) is the premise that you can vote for changes.
Setting aside how ridiculous of a statement this is, what happens when people with guns try to physically take your freedom? Are you going to vote at them? Or scold the other people with guns who fight them off for you?
orange808 wrote:Mental instability and impulsiveness are basic human characteristics and realities. Knives don't go off by accident. Knives don't stab from a distance. Guns should only be in the hands of trained people under controlled circumstances. Giving people guns is stupid because people aren't trustworthy.
Not allowing people to have guns is stupid because corporations and police and the half of the country that wants me dead just for existing aren't trustworthy.
orange808 wrote:Doesn't change the fact that there are options to vote for more gun regulations and Millennials aren't getting behind it. In fact, a lot of you are stocking up on guns and making it worse.
Still not a millennial, but I don't blame them for wanting to arm themselves against the encroaching corpofascist police state.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:The entire bedrock of civilization (in countries that aren't shit holes) is the premise that you can vote for changes.
Setting aside how ridiculous of a statement this is, what happens when people with guns try to physically take your freedom? Are you going to vote at them? Or scold the other people with guns who fight them off for you?
That's what a standing military is for. I understand America spends about three times what China spends on defense. (But, apparently, we need to cut spending elsewhere.)

Know what's fucking nutty? You believing your little fucking pop gun could stop a well equipped foreign or domestic power from taking your freedom. Our only hope would involve government weapons. Are you suggesting selling even more advanced weapons to civilians to form some kind of modern military militia? You're a wingnut.

They can kill you without ever getting anywhere near you.

You need to stop watching that moronic Red Dawn movie, by the way. That's what you're imagining.
orange808 wrote:Mental instability and impulsiveness are basic human characteristics and realities. Knives don't go off by accident. Knives don't stab from a distance. Guns should only be in the hands of trained people under controlled circumstances. Giving people guns is stupid because people aren't trustworthy.
Air Master Burst wrote:Not allowing people to have guns is stupid because corporations and police and the half of the country that wants me dead just for existing aren't trustworthy.
And, you're paranoid. You sound like you're ready to gun down anyone that pulls into your driveway or knocks on your door.

And, your little pop gun wouldn't be enough to hold off an army.
orange808 wrote:Doesn't change the fact that there are options to vote for more gun regulations and Millennials aren't getting behind it. In fact, a lot of you are stocking up on guns and making it worse.
Air Master Burst wrote: Still not a millennial, but I don't blame them for wanting to arm themselves against the encroaching corpofascist police state.
You're participating in an arms race and making it worse. You also sound unhinged. Not only do I worry about more guns; I don't think you should have one.
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote:You need to stop watching that moronic Red Dawn movie, by the way. That's what you're imagining.
So, I was actually in the US Army and did a combat tour in Afghanistan, where I saw first hand how the biggest most well funded army in the world got our asses kicked by a bunch of subsistence farmers with rusty hand-me-down rifles from the 80s.

Now imagine that same army trying to fight that war on its own soil, where the enemy looks just like them, shares the same infrastructure, and has access to their family and property.

Trust me, the military wants none of that smoke.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:You need to stop watching that moronic Red Dawn movie, by the way. That's what you're imagining.
So, I was actually in the US Army and did a combat tour in Afghanistan, where I saw first hand how the biggest most well funded army in the world got our asses kicked by a bunch of subsistence farmers with rusty hand-me-down rifles from the 80s.

Now imagine that same army trying to fight that war on its own soil, where the enemy looks just like them, shares the same infrastructure, and has access to their family and property.

Trust me, the military wants none of that smoke.
That's apocalypse. The entire global economy would fold. Any kind of civil war or coup would end the world.

I'm sorry, but someone with a gun talking about the apocalypse makes me nervous.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

orange808 wrote:
That's apocalypse. The entire global economy would fold. Any kind of civil war or coup would end the world.

I'm sorry, but someone with a gun talking about the apocalypse makes me nervous.
Would you rather some unarmed scrub with no power, experience or knowledge of the subject talk about it instead?

The failure of a single country is not apocalypse. It's an almost commonplace experience. Just not here in the west. Air Master's point is well taken, in that any country attempting to subdue its own citizenry, or even any invader attempting to conquer an armed populace, would face an unwinnable battle. When every single citizen can go into their house and walk out with a firearm, how are your browncoats going to invade and impose their own martial law?

America has a lot of gun crime. It also has a lot of guns. Far more guns than it has gun crime. The majority of legal owners of firearms in America are not violent criminals and do not shoot people.

If your argument is that the US needs more gun control, well I'm sure it's coming. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of blue states eventually adopt California-esque restrictions on what types of firearms you are allowed to own. Probably limiting most people to a 10-round magazine and possibly outlawing semi-automatic rifles (the so-called "assault weapons" are really just semi-auto rifles.)

If your argument is that the US populace should be disarmed entirely, then good fucking luck with that pipe dream. Even if all gun manufacture in the US ceased tomorrow, and nobody was able to purchase or sell a firearm from that point on, there would still be enough guns in this country to last centuries. A properly-maintained firearm will last for multiple lifetimes.

You say we should use a standing army for defense. Do you trust the current standing army? Do you trust, say, the police? Why is it ok for corrupt cops to have guns but not responsible citizens? Why is it ok for an 18-year old, inexperienced enlistee to be given a fully automatic firearm, but a citizen with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with firearms shouldn't be allowed any gun at all?

At the end of the day, we are all just people. A soldier in the army is just a person. A cop is just a person. They might be a good person or a bad person. They might use their power responsibly or they might abuse it. A cop is not uniquely more qualified to make correct decisions with his or her weapon compared to a citizen. They receive mandatory training, but there is nothing stopping a citizen from seeking out training and becoming familiar with their firearm. Nor is a cop uniquely protected from making bad decisions despite their training.

Guns are just a tool. Maybe you feel it's a tool nobody should have access to. That's fine. But pandora's box is open and we can't go back. Removing guns from America completely would be as successful a play as our attempt to remove liquor was.

That's leaving aside completely the issue of dangerous animals. Much of America is wilderness connected by highways. When you live out in the sticks, there are no cops and no ambulances able to reach you in time to help. You can call them, but you still have to deal with the problem yourself. Many wild animals are more than capable of killing a person. At least, if you have a firearm, there's a chance you can scare an animal off or hurt it enough to convince it to peace out. When your nearest neighbor is a couple miles away, you come to appreciate the value of personal firearms.
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote:That's apocalypse. The entire global economy would fold. Any kind of civil war or coup would end the world.

Civil wars and coups happen, like, ALL THE TIME, and the world is still here. I understand that it's a scary place, but it's also tougher than it looks. It can handle a bit of regime change (that's what your beloved western nations call it when they cause coups and civil wars in those nasty uncivilized shithole countries you're so afraid of).
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Will they let Putin use the nukes? Will they take the L? Will those who bet one "thermonuclear Armageddon" win the apocalyo pot?

Seems like this year's the year to wrap this one up.
Sima Tuna wrote:(the so-called "assault weapons" are really just semi-auto rifles.)
Eh, size of the ammunition involved does have a kind of transformative aspect. Double the diameter of the bullet and more than double the propellant is kind of a big deal. Seeing gun nuts get triggered by the "assault weapon" label is like some guy getting mad at someone calling his "knife" a sword. "Too long?! Who are they to say my knife is 'too long'?!"

I've had multiple dogs survive getting shot by peashooters. The entry wounds really were the size of peas. I don't think they would have survived having holes twice as big that cleaved all the way in and out of their bodies.

Outside of killing the shit out of deer quickly, the ~40-50 mm stuff really doesn't have much utility outside of killing humans. I sure as hell wouldn't want to rely on something so small to kill a bear or an elephant, and I don't think it'd make a bull bleed out that much faster..
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Civil wars and coups happen, like, ALL THE TIME, and the world is still here.
Take the #1 petroleum supply and richest economy off line and see what happens. All economies and banking all rely on trust and money circulation. The moment the money stops moving and panic sets in, it's a zipper fall.
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote:Take the #1 petroleum supply and richest economy off line and see what happens. All economies and banking all rely on trust and money circulation. The moment the money stops moving and panic sets in, it's a zipper fall.
Capitalism really did a number on you, didn't it?

Civilization was alive and kicking long before petroleum was a thing, and if we don't explode the entire planet first, it'll probably be alive and kicking long after we burn it all up.

If things go poorly your lifestyle might drastically change, but humans are shockingly good at adapting. I lived without regular electricity or running water for the better part of a year on a mountain in Afghanistan; it's not the end of the world.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:Take the #1 petroleum supply and richest economy off line and see what happens. All economies and banking all rely on trust and money circulation. The moment the money stops moving and panic sets in, it's a zipper fall.
Capitalism really did a number on you, didn't it?

Civilization was alive and kicking long before petroleum was a thing, and if we don't explode the entire planet first, it'll probably be alive and kicking long after we burn it all up.

If things go poorly your lifestyle might drastically change, but humans are shockingly good at adapting. I lived without regular electricity or running water for the better part of a year on a mountain in Afghanistan; it's not the end of the world.
You can't just pretend the basics of economics don't exist because of your dogma. There's nothing particularly new or novel about economics or capitalism in the 21st century. Economies have relied on moving resources and confidence since the dawn of civilization--even when there was no currency.

The shock you're suggesting would kill millions of the most vulnerable. Who's talking like Donald Trump, now? It's no surprise you're also a gun humper. Do you even realize how much suffering you're suggesting?

And, for what? People won't be any different. You behave like all our problems are new. They aren't. People have always been evil and corrupt.

Afghanistan is a fucking shithole, by the way. It's a terrible place to live. Your desire to level inequality by turning the entire world into a third world country sounds insane to me. Reminds me of the Unabomber.

You're also starting to sound like a libertarian.
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote: You can't just pretend the basics of economics don't exist because of your dogma. There's nothing particularly new or novel about economics or capitalism in the 21st century. Economies have relied on moving resources and confidence since the dawn of civilization--even when there was no currency.
If we're going that far back, then I would remind you that this country had a civil war once before, and nobody's economy collapsed. Both sides just printed their own money and kept on going. It certainly wasn't any sort of apocalypse.
orange808 wrote:The shock you're suggesting would kill millions of the most vulnerable. Who's talking like Donald Trump, now? It's no surprise you're also a gun humper. Do you even realize how much suffering you're suggesting?

And, for what? People won't be any different. You behave like all our problems are new. They aren't. People have always been evil and corrupt.

Afghanistan is a fucking shithole, by the way. It's a terrible place to live. Your desire to level inequality by turning the entire world into a third world country sounds insane to me. Reminds me of the Unabomber.

You're also starting to sound like a libertarian.
I mean, I don't really think that a civil war is likely, and I'm not advocating for one, so I'm not sure what you're even on about here. I just don't think it would be the world-ending apocalypse you seem to think it would be.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:I just don't think it would be the world-ending apocalypse you seem to think it would be.
I'm not here to give you a course on economics. Ask someone else around here what they think of your theories.
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote:
Air Master Burst wrote:I just don't think it would be the world-ending apocalypse you seem to think it would be.
I'm not here to give you a course on economics. Ask someone else around here what they think of your theories.
You're the one casually throwing around terms like "apocalypse" and "end of the world" so if you're gonna call me the unhinged one here you could at least try to explain yourself a bit better.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:
You're the one casually throwing around terms like "apocalypse" and "end of the world" so if you're gonna call me the unhinged one here you could at least try to explain yourself a bit better.
Not until you pass the prerequisites.

You just used an "apples to apples" comparison between colonial America to modern America as an example. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm out.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Hate government handouts? The American people will pay ~$250 million of the Fox News defamation settlement with Dominion. Fox News lied. They know they lied. No amount of money would have hidden their lies.

Care about spending? Why do Americans tax payers pay 1/3 of the judgement against Fox?

Republican legislators know about the tax law. They are the ones responsible for making lawsuit judgements tax deductable. Which Republican is outraged with this huge cash giveaway bonanza for blatant lies?

Not even one. GOP voters are equally dishonest, because they don't care about these giveaways, either. These entitlements. Millionaire welfare. Another bailout.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I do think global warming and fuel exhaustion are pretty apocalyptic in the end, in a way that wasn't true of the past. Fuel exhaustion might mean this is as good as it gets, and it's all backsliding from here with no way to climb back out of the pit. That the 90's, of all things, will be humanity's golden age, its apex, its peak. Global warming means we surrender more and more land to being uninhabitable wastelands. Together you get a wonderland of a planet with a much smaller carrying capacity.

The anthropic principle of existence only means things had to work out in the past for you to observe them, it doesn't guarantee anything in the future. Not even if you believe in some form of immortal qualia and it actually does work like that.

Looking at the behavior of the Russians is an illustrative example of a people further along collapse, from top to bottom. Soldiers having to cover their faces to beg the boss for some socks. Wives getting down on their knees begging the boss to support their troops. A passive acceptance that things will only get worse.

We're not really any different. The gun shootings are symptomatic; maybe the day will come when people will murder their neighbors for food and we'll shrug our shoulders and say "well, you've gotta eat."

An Arby's slogan as the last whisper of humanity before it returns to the void. Perfect.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Fucker Tarlson is out at Faux News.

He's probably the second most prominent white supremacist in America, so its good to see him lose his platform.

He did the one thing that gets even the rich and powerful into trouble - he pissed off the people with more money. I'm sure Faux executives weren't happy with the Dominion lawsuit and his text messages that made the payout an inevitability.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's nice to get some churn there, but like with Glenn Beck before him the flushing doesn't fix the crazy. The toilet bowl remains.

... but what if, it stopped winning elections. What do they do with that marketing money? They expect returns on their investment, this isn't a charity. Billionaire pedo island is for closers, not for Hillaries.

In a world where Texas is blue, do we (eventually) lose FOX News too?

(hee, I didn't know about the "You are the worst human being known to mankind" moment with the Tuck.)

(Don Lemon getting fired for pushing back on the lie that the NRA helped black people (as opposed to the Black Panthers convincing the NRA that some gun control laws needed to be passed to get some guns out of the hands of some Black Panthers) was also a classic moment. His co-anchor awkwardly looking at her phone while the bosses were texting her STOP THAT MADMAN! and her refusing to have any part of that business was gold.)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The motherfucker actually said this, boldface mine:
Lindsey Graham wrote:It is about trying to delegitimize a conservative court that was appointed through the traditional process.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Anyone who still votes for slime like this must actively enjoy being called a complete and utter fucking stooge at maximum volume directly to their face. Un-fucking-believable.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Eh, I was just thinking about the guy at the debate where Ron Paul was asked "if someone can't pay for their treatment, should we just let them die?" and a guy in the crowd stood up and yelled at the top of his lungs "hell yeah!"

That guy wanted to murder my mother, there's no way she could have afforded the $300,000+ surgery and hospital bill. He wanted my dad to die about a year earlier as well.

If there is evil in this world, it certainly includes that guy and his fellow death cult comrades.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

"suspicion of conspiracy to cause a public nuisance" :lol:

That's quite a charge.

King Chuck doesn't give out the same gravitas or kind old grans vibes.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Although he is a gaping, musty auld cunt, I must give King Cuck props - for barring his race-grifting Americunt daughter-in-law from the proceedings, leaving Spare ("teh PAIN UND SHAME! buy me book, m8s!") to beat a hasty solo retreat! Globally speaking, "You're a racist" isn't the charming conversational hors d'oeuvre it is in wokey wokesville, frens. 3; You may be asked to elaborate - and as our resident disgrace to West Indian mothers Diane Abbot recently learned, if it turns out you're just being a big backpfeifengesichting asshole, you may find yourself promptly beaten and sodomised with your own trendy brickbat!

Speaking of which - please buy Spare's book! The lad's been cut off the family teat! :O Man cannot live by smearing his family on Oprah alone 3; 3; 3; It ain't much from ol' King Cuck, but it never is with this lot. \(O_O)/ An illustrative ~Brotip 4 Burgerfriendz~ and a lack of live fisting is plenty enough for one day's work.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

BIL wrote:Although he is a gaping, musty auld cunt, I must give King Cuck props
For what? Being born rich, never doing shit, fucking, and making more babies to sponge off the government expenditure? Fuck.

Surely, brits can think of something else to gossip about.

Not that anywhere else has everything figured out, but it's high time the monarchy was abandoned. That would leave future generations exposed to inheritance taxes and financial responsibility for their lifestyles. If the future generations are as talented and able as the current one, they will eventually have significantly less means. At some point, seeking employment as reality stars won't be an option. Although, that seems to be the only vocation any of them truly has.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Speaking of conception, it's getting harder and harder to find people that haven't been knocked up by Musk yet. I wasn't surprised whats-her-face from Neuralink was one of'em... was just hoping that someone, somewhere had managed to escape that fate.

Epstein's singularity god fantasy is a lot more grim if you're aware there are people in positions of power who share that same ideal world, they just don't say it out loud.

Hopefully alignment won't work out and they'll fail at that. We'll all be paperclipped, but it sure beats all the alternatives eh.
BIL

Post by BIL »

orange808 wrote:
BIL wrote:Although he is a gaping, musty auld cunt, I must give King Cuck props
For what?
The thrilling conclusion is found by reading the rest of the post, which I will now charitably re-enumerate Image

IDGAF about any of this shit. I'd have laughed my ass off if he got Shinzo'd in the Abbey. Man's an unfaithful husband, no man I'd call king. Also a cuck. However, it's some small show of spine that he didn't have the race-baiting cunt who's spent the last several years casually shitting all over his family on-site. Just her bitchmade dullard husband, gurning like the token spastic he is, somewhere in the third row.

This barring will probably be considered WACISM by some pampered morons, somewhere, and I dig it, man.Image

*I wouldn't laugh if his three grandchildren had gotten Truck of Peaced in a perfect T-bone by some ISIS cunt, so I don't even mind all the scary MEN WIV GUNZ (oh no! not guns! :O) he had on hand to turn any would-be Snackbars into the soggy granola of pulped tissue and shattered bone that follows a good hosing!
Surely, brits can think of something else to gossip about.
Yeah, like the ongoing Pakistani grooming gang outrage, or the exploding levels of black-on-black inner city murder, or the continued shithousing of any and all working class yoofs! Or even the state-sanctioned pre-installed fifth column of Jihadi Johns prompting aforementioned incipient wall of hot flying lead. Image

Oh wait - crumpets will literally get arrested and imprisoned if they express the wrong opinions LMAO :shock: Image

How to get arrested and dragged away to jail while your house is ransacked without a warrant: a guide.

Step One
Spoiler

Step Two
Spoiler

Ah, now there's the face of reason. And by "reason," I mean "the dead-eyed indifference that saw German family men dashing babies' skulls against trees on the Eastern Front."

https://mercatornet.com/the-full-force- ... ter/81139/

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... e-16005190

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/poli ... 98106.html
I can't even blame John and Jane Crumpet for gulping down this sugary shite.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

In other recent news from "burger land", Hispanic white supremacists puzzle me. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Air Master Burst

orange808 wrote:In other recent news from "burger land", Hispanic white supremacists puzzle me. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
They hope they get to be added to the white people club next, like what happened with the italians and irish.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:In other recent news from "burger land", Hispanic white supremacists puzzle me. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
They hope they get to be added to the white people club next, like what happened with the italians and irish.
Naivety at its finest.

"I look like the "enemy" south of the border, but after I explain, they'll understand I'm actually a true patriot citizen. I'll just explain." :lol: "I was born here, so that will be enough. They won't do a fast AI face test and weed me out. I'll just explain. This will work out well for me." :lol: "If there's one thing white supremacists do well, it's critical thinking and listening. I'll explain." :lol: "And our movement doesn't need an enemy to survive if we destroy our current enemies. We'll all get together and drink a pint. Doesn't matter if I have just a little darker skin. I'm not next. Everyone will stop hunting the devil and get along. This will work out for me."
Air Master Burst

They're not too far off in their calculations; the general population gets less white every year. Before too long wypipo will have to let someone else in the club or they won't be able to keep their numbers up. Cubans in America have been going hard on this strategy for a while now.