Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

gameoverDude

Re: Bush: 2018 Midterms Edition

Post by gameoverDude »

It should be noted that Trump is Truly a Badd Spellar! He had tweeted "After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News likes to constantly pour over my tweets". LOL! He got served by Merriam-Webster for that.
Maybe he needed to pour himself a regular covfefe... ahem, coffee instead of decaf before going to the keyboard. :mrgreen:

Amy Coney Barrett sure sounds like a real dog, merely on grounds of being Trump's favorite.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Thanks. Now I realize how awful it was of me to laugh at Dan Quayle when I was a kid during the potato incident.

Making fun of people because they're dumb is roughly on the same level as mocking the mentally disabled, the ugly, etc. They were born that way.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm pretty sure Trump was not born with that hair.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The hair is fair game he needs to go full Lex Luther.

That story of the lady who got her skin torn off by a train, and had to yell at people not to call her an ambulance because she couldn't afford it, is horrifying.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

No way, dude! Lex Luthor is smart, he's physically fit, Miss Teschmacher is actually attracted to him.

Donald Trump is Otis. A waddling oaf who tries to steal a pretzel from the blind news vendor but gets thwarted by a seeing eye dog. And yet everyone he's robbing from in the train station loves him for some strange reason.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Mischief Maker wrote:And yet everyone he's robbing from in the train station loves him for some strange reason.
Check my current sig.

By the by, that quote is from 2011. The right passed the point of Peak Yeeaaahhh Fuck Yooouuuu Yeeaaaahhh a long time ago, and the left is doing its damndest to catch up.

Happy Fourth, btw.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

BulletMagnet wrote:The right passed the point of Peak Yeeaaahhh Fuck Yooouuuu Yeeaaaahhh a long time ago, and the left is doing its damndest to catch up.
The photographs of the kids in cages come from the Obama era.

Hope that helps explain things for you.

(When they deport someone back to somewhere hundreds of miles away from their home with the intention they'll die, that's always great. It's illegal to cross a desert of death but perfectly legal to overstay a visitor's visa. Wonder why the garbage racists and their allies, the liberal capitalists, never bring that one up. 'merica, fuck yeah.)
No way, dude! Lex Luthor is smart, he's physically fit, Miss Teschmacher is actually attracted to him.
Look, the smart guy glasses worked for Rick Perry, giving up the roll-over will work for Trump.

The little tadpole is now head of the Department of Energy. So if you apply those steroids to a bigger fish, why, he might indeed get promoted to God Emperor, but for real.

I always thought the future was gonna be Blade Runner and not W40k, but here we are.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Trump just hired Bill Shine. Yeah, that former co-president of Fox News. He's the Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications.
Gee, that's quite a surprise. :roll: He was accused of covering up Roger Ailes' dirty business.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Well, he keeps giving people employment, so I guess that's at least one of his campaign promises fulfilled. :lol:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Even with that Capital Gazette newspaper shooting incident in Annapolis a week ago, Trump still bashes journalists. In a recent speech, he called them "bad people", "fake", & "so damn dishonest". That rhetoric comes off as highly insensitive at a time like this. I was truly sickened to hear it. Not like I expected any better from him.
Also, he didn't want to lower flags to half-staff for the CG incident, until he had drawn some flack for refusing. He is fucking shameless.

I saw a picture of the Trump Baby balloon and cracked up. LOL!
Kinect? KIN NOT.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

the threat of Crowley campaigning is enough to force Ocasio-Cortez to spend time and resources on winning a safe Democratic seat that she could otherwise be spending to help leftist challengers in other districts

so if you’re wondering why Crowley doesn’t quietly step aside to take his seven-figure lobbying job, it’s because the job has already begun
Crowley trying his best to split the vote and get the republican in his district elected. He keeps saying "aw shucks I want to, there's nothing I can do sorrie" repeatedly on the tweeter, but the Working Families Party has asked him to vacate the line repeatedly. He could very easily drop out, but doesn't want to for some reason.

Democrats and Republicans working together to beat a candidate that works for the working class instead of the donors is nothing new. You'll see a lot more of this kind of thing as more ghouls get defeated as the decades go by.

Aand, Piers Morgan is stinky doo-doo.

And here's a horrifying screencap of an article. Don't click on it.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Let's hope that Brett Kavanaugh, Trump's pick for SCOTUS justice, doesn't get confirmed. He's demonstrated himself to be against net neutrality, & all for unbridled NSA surveillance. He said that net neutrality "is unlawful & must be vacated", in dissent from the relevant 2015 order. He said that NN violates the 1st Amendment. Where does he get off saying that? Also, he sided with the NSA's metadata surveillance. I think those 2 things alone are bad enough.
BryanM wrote:Thanks. Now I realize how awful it was of me to laugh at Dan Quayle when I was a kid during the potato incident.

Making fun of people because they're dumb is roughly on the same level as mocking the mentally disabled, the ugly, etc. They were born that way.
Not that I care for Trump even one little bit, but you do have a point. I realize that my slam about that "pour over" tweet of his was a bit unjust.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

With McCain out, if the democrats were completely united they could shut down the senate.

As that would cost their donors money, and that their donors absolutely love this nominee, it is infinitely more likely that I end up king of England someday somehow than that happening.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

BryanM wrote:With McCain out, if the democrats were completely united they could shut down the senate.

As that would cost their donors money, and that their donors absolutely love this nominee, it is infinitely more likely that I end up king of England someday somehow than that happening.
I'm all for a senate shutdown. The Democrat infighting needs to stop already, damn.

I don't think we have real democracy in the USA. It looks to me like a kind of feudalism. Mogens Jallberg had said "In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism it's your count that votes". Hmph, that sure sounds familiar to me. Our Senators & Representatives play the count roles to a tee. That the people don't get to vote on stuff like SCOTUS justices, keeping net neutrality, lawmakers' bills, etc. is seriously unfair. The S&R don't speak for everyone, nor do they know what the people want. In fact more than a few are beholden to powerful corporate interests.

In a right & just system, bribes... wait, I mean political donations, would be strictly outlawed.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Welp! 12 Russians indicted for hacking the DNC. Trump so flustered by this news he trashed Theresa May in the Sun. Democrats now have a narrative for opposing Kavanaugh because they can say Trump picked him to protect himself from the investigation. Always nice to get a glimmer of hope now and then in this hell world.

I guess it wasn't Seth Rich after all.

Maybe Assange really was trying to help Trump in hopes of scoring that ambassadorship.

But I'm most shocked that the "lesbian gangs with pink pistols are forcing teenagers into the gay lifestyle at gunpoint" guy on Fox News who started that whole conspiracy theory wasn't the rock-solid reliable source you can count on.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

You can indict a sandwich, you can indict a potato, but the one thing you can never indict is a bank owner.
The Democrat infighting needs to stop already, damn.
The problem is that there is no infighting. Maybe... 3 senators would say "no" if their vote weren't merely symbolic, and really would shut down congress.

Here's the old corruption is legal clip for those out there that haven't seen it yet. What the public wants has a non-statistically relevant impact on the chance of something becoming a law.

Classic examples are any of the hundreds of times a ballot initiative gets passed and some council overturns it.
Mischief Maker wrote:Democrats now have a narrative for opposing Kavanaugh
?

They've had a thousand "narratives" to do so. He's a monster. We're not monsters. Our voters want us to do this.

They don't need a "narrative" to do anything. They never had. No one has ever had. What they need is a reason.

If they're not afraid of losing, because they're losers that are paid to lose that were planning on losing anyway, and they have $millions waiting for them if they fold as quickly and as inelegantly as possible... what can we do to change anything?

All we can do is make their lives 1% more miserable like people have been doing to McConnell. But you've got to live in DC to do it full time - an unfortunate inconvenience of our cold reality.

Stalking Howard Dean's tweeter page to remind him daily that he is a lobbyist just isn't as good as ruining his porkchops. The internet is a poor substitute, indeed.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

come to london, pussy. :lol:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/15/politics ... index.html
Get this, Trump just called the EU a "foe". I wish he would learn to watch his mouth & try being at least a little bit kind. As President, he never ceases to be a national embarrassment. :oops:
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

your entire nation is an embarassment
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

gameoverDude wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/15/politics ... index.html
Get this, Trump just called the EU a "foe". I wish he would learn to watch his mouth & try being at least a little bit kind. As President, he never ceases to be a national embarrassment. :oops:
B-but it would have been so much worse under Hillary! He saved us from the Clintocalypse and the machinations of the Deep State and their mind viruses!

In all seriousness, the sad part is that his fans still applaud him for this and think it's just his way of "telling it like it is" and looking out for the interests of the country.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Specineff wrote:
gameoverDude wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/15/politics ... index.html
B-but it would have been so much worse under Hillary! He saved us from the Clintocalypse and the machinations of the Deep State and their mind viruses!

In all seriousness, the sad part is that his fans still applaud him for this and think it's just his way of "telling it like it is" and looking out for the interests of the country.
Trump sure made good use of his bullshitting skills to get in office. Those crazy conspiracy theorists & Alex Jones worshipers fell for it.
This trade war & overtly jingoistic attitude of his add up to something that's an awful lot to bear.
Cohen's saying that he's putting his family & country before Trump might be a good sign. Say this leads to a successful impeachment & we get Pence as acting POTUS. It's not like I expect much good from Mike, but as an alternative to Trump he may be tolerable until he's voted out in 2020. He just might be less mercurial than Trump.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

I don't know what's more astonishing: watching Trump debase himself and shrivel like a prick in ice water on Monday, then try to backpedal today or watching his base obstinately defend his/their position.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Come on, Trumpskis and Paper Patriots, why aren't you singing his praises and telling us how important his policies are for the nation? Where are you now that he's fucking up worse than both Bill and Hillary Clinton together would have? Or is the sound of Reagan rolling in his grave not letting you hear all his bullshit and backpedaling? Why aren't you showing how much care for the country now?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Specineff wrote:Come on, Trumpskis and Paper Patriots, why aren't you singing his praises and telling us how important his policies are for the nation? Where are you now that he's fucking up worse than both Bill and Hillary Clinton together would have? Or is the sound of Reagan rolling in his grave not letting you hear all his bullshit and backpedaling? Why aren't you showing how much care for the country now?
There's a lot of spinning in a lot of graves right now, but I promise you Reagan isn't one of them. Ronald Reagan and George Bush jr. opened the door for Donald Trump.

Really, what is the difference between "alternative facts" and "my heart and my best intentions tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not"?

The only reason that Trump seems worse than those two is because the plan they've all been the spokesmodels for has advanced that much further by now.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's super depressing how my parent's generation views Reagan. They see him as some kind of hero that protected Social Security and Medicare, as opposed to what he actually was. No amount of lectures or history lessons I can give her will change that brainwashing - TV was just that goddamn powerful.

People really don't like to think or learn about things. Zero curiosity.

Edit: To be less of a downer, it's kind of hilarious that Manafort's daughters are bernie bros.
London
God I'm envious of England. The Parliament there at least seems to like being alive. Almost everything you see going on in congress is a bunch of self important robots with sticks up their arseholes.

The whole Tory no-plan on Britain's Exit is also a glorious, bizarre circus. May kidnapping everyone in her party and stealing their cellphones - holding them prisoner until they pretend to agree on a plan was some surreal theatre..
Yootube Comment Section wrote:"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did." - John Ehrlichman
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Don't forget Arron Banks slowly twisting in the wind; Putin bought an election in England too.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Maybe the West needs to ban any more deals with Russian businessmen, & add some sanctions against Russia.
Maria Butina? Fuck the Kremlin, let her stay locked up at least for a while. If Russia wants her back, the conditions need to be stiff- one being that if she is ever found again in any Western country, she won't be returned a 2nd time.

Trump's hostile all-caps "historic consequences" tweet at the Iranian president was totally unprofessional & reckless.
Hopefully, what's been happening after Trump became President is a massive wake-up call to voters.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

The Western establishment hates Putin because he wouldn't sell off his country to Wall Street. So they viciously attack him with accusations of doing the things which they themselves are doing.

The Western drooling masses are jealous of Russia, because they know that their own politicians, who take unlimited bribes and pass legislation without reading it, have already sold them out. And because after all of the identity politics talk, they had forgotten how much fun racism could be.

This is my theory. Try to disprove it.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Hey, good news for those worried about the impact that Great Infallible Orange Leader's tariffs were having on the country's farmers. A 12-billion bailout covered by the taxpayers! See? It's just a matter of having someone else shoulder the load to put farmers (read: Agricultural corporations) on welfare, and everything will be running like a well-oiled machine!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/ ... ess-737517
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw
"Don't worry, I got your backside"

Things that probably aren't Chinese:
  • Sushi
    Saying "Konnichiwa"
    Tibet
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.