Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

Steamflogger Boss

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

orange808

Post by orange808 »

The funny thing is how terribly it backfired. Angry/frightened GOP reps backed away from their planned electoral charade after they heard a mob had entered the complex. Still other legislators were probably tired by 3am; they didn't have the energy to carry on. The delay hurt, too.

The entire thing backfired on the daft cheeky bastards that pushed their way inside.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Wata123

Post by Wata123 »

Mischief Maker wrote:American democracy
I love how you make sure to tack on "American" before "democracy," you little weasel. At any rate, ALL elections are rigged, dumbass. There's not a single president from the 60's on (and perhaps in the country's entire history) who hasn't rigged the election or had it rigged for him in some form of fashion.

It was not a coup in any meaningful sense. All this pearl clutching over a bunch of petit bougie retards taking a road trip to DC for some Facebook photos yet you don't stop to ask why they so easily got in, why it amounted to nothing, and why it was all over in just a few hours. Trump didn't want it, Pence denounced it AND called on the National Guard, lol. (Of course, the deep state knows politics. Don't send in the national guard, just let them wander around like a bunch of confused idiots- that's far more demoralizing.)

Now, ask yourself why the BLM riots never got close, but were instead supported and even FUNDED (in part) by big business and the media. You either understand how empire (and capital) operate or you're a soldier for it, i.e. a liberal.
You literally see a chud hug one of the cops when the barriers open up.
So we're just going to ignore all the cops getting shoved around and/or fighting back? Or that one lady who got killed by a fed?

Yeah, a cop took a selfie with some loser in a moment of levity. Would you have rather had him act hostile and antagonize the deranged mob?

Unfortunately, I can't find it right now, but someone uploaded a video of the "exact moment" the protestors became rioters- they weren't "let in."

Btw, do the dozens of photos of cops hugging or kneeling with BLM protestors mean that racism and police brutality are cancelled?
CIT wrote:The law is very clear about this and it's all spelled out for you in US Code Chapter 115: Treason, Sedition, and Subversive Activities. If you think this was "essentially nothing" you're a figurative retard and a literal moron.
There are countless laws broken every single day by corporations and the American state, domestically and abroad. Yet none of them get anywhere near the condemnation that some LARPing MAGAtards got. Managers at Tyson were betting on how many of their workers would get coronavirus. Yeah, there's a lawsuit, a couple of people might get fired, and then what? You'll all continue to buy that tasty toxic Tyson grub.

Yet liberals (and this includes conservatives, who are basically liberals playing catch-up on social engineering) will never slam their fists on their armchairs in righteous fury and demand that Tyson (or BP, Amazon, Walmart, Lockheed, etc.) be crushed by the full force of state authority.

It was essentially nothing in that there was NEVER for a single solitary moment even the remotest possibility that this might threaten capital and empire. That is why once they pushed their way in, there was no real resistance.
Last edited by Wata123 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
system11

Post by system11 »

Thing is, I personally have no issue with protesters forcibly entering a state building as long as thats as far as it goes. Bust a few locks sure but NO vandalism, NO violence. I'd say the same about Antifa and their courthouse attacks - it's still illegal and they should be arrested but if you force your way in, wander around and shout a bit then get removed I'm willing to give that a pass. Some of those people looked like they were on a school trip.

Unfortunately it didn't end there, I'm going to say the blame does at least partially fall on Trump, he should have just done a press statement not a public rally. This was an entirely predictable set of events and some of it turned nasty, some tragic.

The double standards have been the media and political figure reactions. Some even compared it to 9/11 which is honestly quite distasteful.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Wata123

Post by Wata123 »

These losers stormed the building and started taking selfies and looking for chocolate bars in drawers.
Spoiler
We truly are in Weimar.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Wata123 wrote:There are countless laws broken every single day by corporations and the American state, domestically and abroad. Yet none of them get anywhere near the condemnation that some LARPing MAGAtards got. Managers at Tyson were betting on how many of their workers would get coronavirus. Yeah, there's a lawsuit, a couple of people might get fired, and then what? You'll all continue to buy that tasty toxic Tyson grub.

Yet liberals (and this includes conservatives, who are basically liberals playing catch-up on social engineering) will never slam their fists on their armchairs in righteous fury and demand that Tyson (or BP, Amazon, Walmart, Lockheed, etc.) be crushed by the full force of state authority.

It was essentially nothing in that there was NEVER for a single solitary moment even the remotest possibility that this might threaten capital and empire. That is why once they pushed their way in, there was no real resistance.
So your whataboutist argument is that we should no longer prosecute any crimes because we don’t also prosecute big corporations for their crimes.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

kitten wrote:golly, this is so bad that the democrats might not even give trump a pardon on their way in ;__;7 pour one out for our man who might get slapped on the wrist for this shit. wonder if a god-fearin', military servin' white woman taking one for the team will actually dislodge anyone else? people need to scramble harder to find out how (((george soros))) was responsible for this one!!!
On it!

I had a similar reaction to you on watching different flavors of fash hurl themselves at each other. 2021's sure off to a start! Oh, and happy birthday. :mrgreen:
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Wata123

Post by Wata123 »

orange808 wrote:The funny thing is how terribly it backfired. Angry/frightened GOP reps backed away from their planned electoral charade after they heard a mob had entered the complex. Still other legislators were probably tired by 3am; they didn't have the energy to carry on. The delay hurt, too.

The entire thing backfired on the daft cheeky bastards that pushed their way inside.
Best part is that their own allies are blaming Antifa. Six months of shrieking over a Maoist revolution, then two months of threatening a coup, only to take some selfies and have your "efforts" blamed on the Maoists, lol.

Even funnier is that their God Emperor completely betrayed them. When people burned down Target, the DNC and big business bailed them out and they went home with the latest flatscreen, a brand new Switch, and a fresh pair of sneakers. Trump sent his most loyal cult members into the perfect trap. They've already become laughingstocks, but now they may very well lose their jobs, go to prison, and even get put on some terrorist watchlist. Trump, meanwhile, will launch a new TV show (can't wait to see him go on Oprah to promote it).
Spoiler
CIT wrote:So your whataboutist argument is that we should no longer prosecute any crimes because we don’t also prosecute big corporations for their crimes.
Big corporations commit mass murders every year and the government subsidizes them (I'm talking domestically too). Some MAGAtards run into the Capitol, get a few of themselves killed while very possibly ruining any future prospects for the rest of them, and the same government, along with the corporations its in bed with and the media they've bred descend into histrionics, as if the Capitol is less the site of democracy ("messy" as they always remind us), but the hallowed, inviolable hub of imperial power.

You can call it a whataboutism if you want, but I would call it a clear mix-up in our national and civic priorities. And isn't it rather convenient that every week there's some new manufactured controversy, so "whataboutisms" are always in season? Funny that.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Jimmy Dore wasn't commanding from the toilet that they merely "ask" for a vote, he said they should threaten Peolsi's position
Duh?

OK, I'm starting to see the problem here. It really is 100% Stockholm Syndrome isn't it? All this time I thought that Americans didn't like being screwed by the ruling class, and that ignorance was the reason they worshipped the people screwing them, attacked people who had nothing to do with them being screwed, and hated people who might do something about them being screwed. I thought they were just befuddled by the propaganda and dazzled by the partisan tribalism. Turns out, the American dream is to be lied to, robbed, die in handcuffs, and have one's corpse be preserved for use as a sex toy by billionaires. They don't want rights or limits on government power, and they don't need bread and circuses to buy their compliance. The jackboot on their face is the bread and watching their neighbors get steamrolled is the circus.

So nevermind what I said before. Don't let anybody threaten Pelosi's right to sell you out in exchange for a pint of ice cream. Don't waste your time listening to someone who was wrong about something when you can listen to people who are wrong about everything. Don't stop voting for war criminals. Never stop clutching those pearls, even if a billionaire has already stolen them. And make sure none of those other crabs try to escape from the bucket.
Steamflogger Boss

Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

ED-057 wrote:
Jimmy Dore wasn't commanding from the toilet that they merely "ask" for a vote, he said they should threaten Peolsi's position
Duh?
Clearly!

Fuck me, dude, why did I bother to write that long-ass reply in good faith -complete with links- if you weren't gonna read past the first sentence?

Okay, you got me. I love Nancy Pelosi and want nothing to ever threaten her political position. And I love the squad because they do everything Nancy Pelosi wants them to and don't have the slightest antagonistic relationship with her. And the reason I stopped listening to Jimmy Dore is because he always does his research, never advances bullshit right-wing conspiracy theories, and all his political predictions come true! Which is why we're now swearing in president Tulsi Gabbard after the Democrats successfully held open 3 supreme court seats for 4 years despite Mitch McConnell nuking the filibuster. And now that we've had a performative medicare-for-all vote that decisively lost in the house, all the blue dog Democrats felt such shame that they unanimously voted a second time to pass instant medicare for all! And I hate Jimmy Dore because he says the real hard truth: that political organizing is a sham and the way to defeat the political juggernaut of the medical insurance industry is to wave a copy of a poll where more than 50% of people said that universal healthcare would be nice, and all the SuperPACs and the lobbyists and the PR campaigns will melt away like a fart in the wind. Long live queen Pelosi!!!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

In hindsight, being anti-mask and making your faces easily identifiable by social media and law enforcement may not have been such a good idea.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Durandal wrote:I've seen someone else more accurately describe this situation as a "cope d'etat~".

kitten

Post by kitten »

wata, what's your deal? meteoric appearance after 4 years of not posting (the low post count/register date/spontaneous vociferousness had me curious enough to look, apologies) and you show up saying "dickgirl" in the same post you're linking one in. you over-incubate in a politics imageboard? are you an edgelord (actual, not "American") lefty tranner? apologies if i step on a foot by asking, and i'm not trying to be combative or pry more than you're willing to reveal - these are obviously just some prepared and aggressive takes to be coming out of someone who hasn't participated on the forum in four years.
Mortificator wrote:
kitten wrote:golly, this is so bad that the democrats might not even give trump a pardon on their way in ;__;7 pour one out for our man who might get slapped on the wrist for this shit. wonder if a god-fearin', military servin' white woman taking one for the team will actually dislodge anyone else? people need to scramble harder to find out how (((george soros))) was responsible for this one!!!
On it!

I had a similar reaction to you on watching different flavors of fash hurl themselves at each other. 2021's sure off to a start! Oh, and happy birthday. :mrgreen:
eh, cheers! Image
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Steamflogger Boss

Durandal wrote:In hindsight, being anti-mask and making your faces easily identifiable by social media and law enforcement may not have been such a good idea.
On the other hand it really was a GREAT idea so they can be fired, prosecuted etc :twisted:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

It is genuinely disturbing to me the number of people saying we can't compare Trump's January 6th Putsch attempt to the Nazis because the Trump chuds are buffoons whereas the real Nazis were hyper-efficient supermen.

It shows an unsettling endurance of fascist propaganda. Mussolini did not actually make the trains run on time.

Need I remind people that in his day Hitler was just as much the object of ridicule as Trump? That Charlie Chaplain's first talkie movie was a lampooning of Hitler complete with a food fight?

Need I also remind people that Hitler was just as much a bitchy, vindictive, pop-culture-obsessed queen as Trump, using the power of the German state to throw shade at his more successful rivals in the painting world?

And need I remind people that back in his day nobody thought Hitler would actually go that far!

CIT

Post by CIT »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:On the other hand it really was a GREAT idea so they can be fired, prosecuted etc :twisted:
Even better, these shitheads can now be prosecuted under Trump's own Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments:

Sec. 2. Policy. (a) It is the policy of the United States to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under Federal law, and as appropriate, any person or any entity that destroys, damages, vandalizes, or desecrates a monument, memorial, or statue within the United States or otherwise vandalizes government property.

Mischief Maker wrote:It shows an unsettling endurance of fascist propaganda.
I'd say it's more the endurance of the American propaganda of "exceptionalism". This belief that somehow, just because the system's been in place for over 200 years and "we beat fascism and communism" we'd be immune against any threat against our democracy. Americans are unbelievably complacent.
Steamflogger Boss

Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I'm happy that the dumbfucks who took selfies and bragged about their assault on the Capitol are getting identified and fired. And there better be some indictments for insurrection and sedition handed out, or the USA is even more of a joke than it already has been made into by Trump.

(As a bonus, next time that Rob complains about how violent, savage and uncivilized black people are, we can show him the photos of the all the Trumptards engaging in violent but mostly peaceful rioting.)
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
kitten

Post by kitten »

lmfao he's banned from twitter and facebook. got 'em! :<< take that, you big, bad man!!!

there's something deeply, morbidly hilarious and sadly accurate about looking at this like the longest, most overdue forum ban

for mischiefmaker, i guess! -
Spoiler
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

kitten wrote:lmfao he's banned from twitter and facebook. got 'em! :<< take that, you big, bad man!!!

there's something deeply, morbidly hilarious and sadly accurate about looking at this like the longest, most overdue forum ban
:lol:

So Trump is JAPJACQUES^

or maybe AG1999^
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It feels like only yesterday I was watching a video there where he was like "it wasn't me bro, it wasn't meeeee." Only #9 on What The Fuck Just Happened Today?'s list of things that happened today. Maybe they add those in chronological order?

Kind of feel like it should be preserved as a monument in carbonite. Ah, I'm sure they're archived somewhere, an archive of his deleted tweets are easy enough to find. It'd be really exciting to scroll through a list of them on a tablet in his presidential library. Really provide an authentic experience of this era.
JAPJAC
I spent a lot of minutes playing one of that guy's little games and he didn't even have the decency to give us all a decent lie on who won :evil:

Eh, now I'm reminded he didn't even share an answer key. That evil fuck.

Edit #4, Ed, if you're out there, know that I respect the hell out of you for owning Neo Geo games. That was something I was never able to accomplish.
kitten

Post by kitten »

oh no!!! fuck!! cancel culture gone too far Image
Image | Image
Steamflogger Boss

FinalBaton wrote:
kitten wrote:lmfao he's banned from twitter and facebook. got 'em! :<< take that, you big, bad man!!!

:lol:

So Trump is JAPJACQUES^

or maybe AG1999^
JAPJAC was actually the very first POTUS.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

FinalBaton wrote: So Trump is JAPJACQUES^
+1
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Not as exciting, but it was pretty hilarious while listening to Majority Report live today as they reported in real time that Joe Manchin had just decided to flex his muscles as 2021's designated asshole by saying he absolutely would not support the $2000 checks that won Georgia.

But by the end of the show he'd backed off that position because his original comment caused the markets to crash. Whoopsie!

I still remember when that motherfucker went on TYT and told Cenk with a straight face he didn't even know what corporations funded his campaign.
GaijinPunch wrote:
FinalBaton wrote: So Trump is JAPJACQUES^
+1
https://twitter.com/barronjohn1946/stat ... 3786200064

ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Okay, you got me. I love Nancy Pelosi
With but a slight quiver in his voice, MM finally unleashed the words that had been yearning to escape from his heart for what seemed like an eternity.

At that moment, Nancy remained silent as she came to terms with what she had just heard. Had he caught her off guard? Or had she known all along? MM couldn't be sure, as Nancy's decrepit face was difficult to read even for him, especially after the fourth of the cosmetic surgeries. But MM did not fear her reply, for he had done what he came here to do. He told the truth and for that he would have no regrets.

Then, like a dusty old cuckoo clock in desperate need of maintenance, the sound of Nancy's voice began to disturb the peace.

"Somebody stole a laptop from my office! You filthy peons are going to pay for this!"

*camera pans upward as MM's expression of ecstasy disappears from the frame. Sounds of a dem'rat fakenews orgy can be heard in the distance. End scene.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

haha -- yeah saw that. I love the internet.
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.