Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

To Far Away Times

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by To Far Away Times »

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/10/silicon ... pened.html

SVB Bank has collapsed.

Any account balance above the FDIC insured limit of $250,000.00 is likely gone.

Totally normal and very cool.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

I love it when venture capitalist scumbags lose their money (they're all scumbags btw). It is kind of funny that the rich techbros who run, and are ruining the world are gigantic morons with zero foresight. Probably the fed will just print infinite money to help them out though. That's how these things have usually gone lately.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Vanguard wrote:the rich techbros who run, and are ruining the world are gigantic morons
Fortunately we've still got those trained in the ancient traditions to put them in their place.

My man really dropped the Running Dog Lackey on him in 2023.

Absolutely devastating.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

The government really does give Musk a nonstop torrent of free money. You the taxpayer fund his businesses even though as an investor that's hypothetically supposed to be his job.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Reusable boosters were always what the NASA engineers wanted to do, but the extremely stupid shuttle is what they got instead. It's sad they had to wait decades and then join Space-X just to do what they should have been allowed to do in the first place.

Plasma is another probable dropped ball by our overlords. We've known for ~80 years now younger plasma can reverse frailty and improve cognition in the elderly. For the billions the Zook sunk into his awful video game platform, maybe a couple mill could have been tossed into testing swine plasma or something? Just imagine the amount of suffering that could have been alleviated if it really turns out it was as simple as throwing a switch like that. .... and the amount of profit the Zook could have pocketed selling people the trash parts of livestock.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Allowing plebes to live longer is the exact opposite of what the rich and powerful want.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Sima Tuna wrote:Allowing plebes to live longer is the exact opposite of what the rich and powerful want.
I think the rich and powerful just want updoots for their divorced guy memes on social media, and they'll set fire to billions to make it happen.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Yeah, but it's like with selfishness and universal healthcare. Even if you hate all of humanity and want them all to die, what about yourself? Don't you at least love yourself? Don't you want to not die because some sick person coughed on you?

... apparently not. Very apparently. Goes to show their competence; some immortal vampire kings they are.

As the saying goes, sheep are born trying to kill themselves constantly and its the job of a good shepherd to stop them from succeeding. We.. don't have very good shepherds.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Sima Tuna wrote:Allowing plebes to live longer is the exact opposite of what the rich and powerful want.
Yeah some of them have straight up expressed their belief that the poors should just die once they can't work anymore. I don't know anything about this plasma business but it wouldn't surprise me if the elite class is taking it.
Sengoku Strider

BryanM wrote:Yeah, but it's like with selfishness and universal healthcare. Even if you hate all of humanity and want them all to die, what about yourself? Don't you at least love yourself? Don't you want to not die because some sick person coughed on you?
Of course they do. This is literally the core argument against universal healthcare. The lazy poors are going to wallow in their Wal Mart leprosy swamps either way. So at least maintain a muti-tiered system with exclusive private clinics, so that Keith Richards can get annual full-body blood transfusions and stand-up white guys like Magic Johnson can get the unlock code for the AIDS cure.

Woke "everybody's a magical rainbow who doesn't deserve to die from typhoid in the water supply" public healthcare would destroy the productive and job creating portion of humanity. Just like it's destroying the flower child finance hippies at the wheels of the global banking system:

Sengoku Strider

Some coastal elitists may say flat earth is the bottom of the right wing grifter barrel. But I ask you, have any of them truly experienced the indescribable health, happiness, bliss, relief, elation, tranquility and "We're going no contact" messages from family members that wash over you when you cast off the shackles of sphere theory?

I stopped perniciously besmirching the Earth last August, and within a month my hayfever had vanished overnight. Join us.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

*michael jackson eating popcorn.gif*
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
To Far Away Times

https://apnews.com/article/trump-arrest ... 57b34160ae

The orange one expects to be arrested on Tuesday. Get fuuccckked.
Sengoku Strider

TFW you snort your connect's entire weekly adderall drop and 3 steaks in one go and down 3/4s of a bottle of scotch and then you are writing 79 word sentences at 6:55am with repeated words in all caps repeated words with repeated EVERYONE IN AMERICA IS DYING ANARCHIST BUREAUCRATS ARE RUNNING THE DEEP STATE GOVERNMENT TO, GEORGE SOROS, INVADE FROM BURNING MEXICAN MENTAL INSTITUTIONS, & THIS MAKES SENSE IF YOU KNOW WHAT POLITICS AND

I'm sure there will be mostly peaceful protests by constitution-carrying patriots who love their country too much to...

APOOOOCAAAAALLLYYYYYYPPPPPPSSSEEEEEEE
Last edited by Sengoku Strider on Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Far Away Times

We beat these losers in one civil war already, we'll beat them in this one too.
Sengoku Strider

To Far Away Times wrote:We beat these losers in one civil war already, we'll beat them in this one too.
Yeah but war...war has changed.

Ever since The Turner Diaries came out as an audio book, they've been able to just put it on as background music around the house and/or Ford F-150 and listened to it a billion times since then.

If it ever becomes freely available in puppet show form, the results will be catastrophic.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

If it ever becomes freely available in puppet show form, the results will be catastrophic.
From what I've seen of Fox News, it already is available as a puppet show. :D
We apologise for the inconvenience
To Far Away Times

I love the idea that a few AR-15's is all it takes for Cletus to defend his trailer home and surrounding swamp land from big guberment.

Meanwhile, a thousand miles away, a soldier in military intelligence lazily finishes his cup of coffee, flips over a glass enclosure and pushes a big red button. A few minutes later, and a missle deftly anhilates the trailer home.
Sengoku Strider

To Far Away Times wrote:I love the idea that a few AR-15's is all it takes for Cletus to defend his trailer home and surrounding swamp land from big guberment.

Meanwhile, a thousand miles away, a soldier in military intelligence lazily finishes his cup of coffee, flips over a glass enclosure and pushes a big red button. A few minutes later, and a missle deftly anhilates the trailer home.
The Turner Diaries openly presents its protagonist as joining a domestic terrorist organization. Timothy McVeigh's car was found with pages ripped out of the book, and passages highlighted about blowing up buildings and how it wasn't about casualties, because you could always just hunt them down later. When Pierce was cornered about this, his only criticism of the Oklahoma City bombings was that it "wasn't the right time" because America wasn't yet in a revolutionary state, not that it wasn't the right tactic. So a lot of these guys aren't thinking about presenting open targets for missiles to begin with.

But that's just the opening act. Whether it's neo nazis like Pierce, white Christian nationalist militias or the conspiracy fever dream buffet of Qanon, the premise underlying these fantasies is always the same. That the military is largely made up of right-leaning God-fearing white men from working class and often rural or Southern backgrounds, so of course behind the scenes they will organize en masse and side with the good guys, and only fight against the evil Jewish part of the government.

It's not even that crazy anymore, Pierce and guys like him inspired a LOT of these people to get organized in law enforcement and military, or after leaving. Records showed 20% of Patriot Front applicants were ex-military. A Pentagon probe of the Florida Atom Waffen nutjobs found one of them bragging in nazi chatrooms about how open he was about his beliefs in the National Guard, and that everyone loved him.

Which brings us to today:

Looking back at where these fringe groups were in the 80s & 90s, it's mind-blowing to see how effective their messaging turned out to be over the long run.
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
It's not even that crazy anymore, Pierce and guys like him inspired a LOT of these people to get organized in law enforcement and military, or after leaving. Records showed 20% of Patriot Front applicants were ex-military. A Pentagon probe of the Florida Atom Waffen nutjobs found one of them bragging in nazi chatrooms about how open he was about his beliefs in the National Guard, and that everyone loved him.
I can see why they would think this! There are a ton of racist would-be fascists running around, but most of them are enlisted in jobs that don't require good asvab scores. The farther up the officer ranks you go, the more likely you are to encounter asshole legacies who went to Annapolis or West Point or one of them, and most of them are old-school conservatives who care way too much about keeping up their stupid stuffy traditions to get directly involved on domestic soil like that.

There's also a not-insignificant portion of non-white people in the military, and most of them aren't going to just go along with a racist coup.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
Sengoku Strider

Air Master Burst wrote:There's also a not-insignificant portion of non-white people in the military, and most of them aren't going to just go along with a racist coup.
That's the race war part of the fantasy. Though in mainstream-fringe circles it gets coded as patriot vs radical leftist, or in the case of military hierarchy you mentioned, republican vs RINO.

I was joking about puppet shows earlier, but Pierce actually wrote an incredibly 90s comic book called "New World Order Comix: The Saga of White Will!" It summarizes his ideology, and was aimed at radicalizing high school kids. The "good" black guy turns out to be Leroy X (not joking), a military kid who's a Nation of Islam black nationalist, and who agrees with the white protagonist that blacks & whites should defeat the jews who control the media and live separately. It's accessible on archive.org if you want to see it without poisoning your browser.

SPOILER WARNING: Poorly drawn racist propaganda 4 X-treme Teenz:
Spoiler
I thought the fact that he literally lives in a place called Metropolis with a girlfriend named Lois Lane was a really creative touch on Pierce's part.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Leroy X Image

EDIT: Wait a minute. Isn't that Jack Maguire, the protagonist of JOSMAN's imageboard classic My Wild & Raunchy Son? Image

Spoiler

Just how much of my culture have the BurgerNazis appropriated Image
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Since he's the mirror world evil version of Eugene Debs, the script says he'll win. If it wanted to be as entertaining as possible.

Beau notes the polling on "wokeism": ~56% view it as being aware of injustices in society. While only 36% view it as virtue-signalling and policing speech. But as I always say, the electorate is groomed to be the worst of us so it probably won't matter much when it comes to elections. Like the xenociders in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they just care more.
BIL wrote:Just how much of my culture have the BurgerNazis appropriated
A heckin' lot. Brutal violence power fantasies with ruthless pecking orders and hierarchies make awesome fiction (Xianxia.txt right there), but there's uh... not a totally insignificant number of authors who think that kind of thing is good in the real world.

Even Kirkman, the Walking Dead/Invincible guy, is as liberal-brained as most people. Pretty much every single ending of every book he does ends with the protagonist being made king of some group of exceptional violence-do'ers that all loyally follow him like robots for no good reason, and they go on to fix everything with their benevolent dictatorship.

Oi, my favorite example is the web novel God and Devil World. At first it seems like very orthodox wonderful trashy fare: the videogame apocalypse happens, and a group of plucky college students have to band together to fight back to level up and survive.

Then in one arc the group comes into conflict with this little warlord, the kind of guy straight out of Hokuto no Ken. The warlord gives this long speech about his ultimate goals and motivations, basically he wants to become emperor of a new Chinese empire. It's oddly specific and overly long. The MC eventually kills the guy and liberates his uh, "prisoners".

Flash forward a couple arcs, and there's a city that's cartoonishly kind to foreign representatives for no realistic reason. The MC is infuriated by this, giving word-for-word the same stock phrases you'd heard a million times from any racist around here: "I don't hate foreigners, I just think we need to take care of our own first!" I think he goes on to murder most of the foreigners.

And then a couple chapters later he effectively becomes worse than the evil warlord guy he fought a few hundred pages back. At this point I "got it", that little warlords' speech was what the author really believes.

I didn't sign up for this... I just wanted to know if they were gonna go back into the video game town with the video game NPC's, or if that was one of many dropped elements. Dropped elements are always an exciting element of the trashiest web novels, you don't know when they'll show up again, if ever. It's addictive like a slot machine. Shrodinger's elements.

... sweet jesus, just saw that the MC's wiki page says he possesses more than 52 ladies by the end of the book. I totally get that subplot in Arrogant Young Master that rants about this shit in bad webnovels, what is even the point.
Air Master Burst

That blonde white kid with the green "RAP" shirt is the most amazing thing I've seen this week.

ETA: Imagine being the 90s kid who spent his own money to pass these out at school. The mind boggles!
Sengoku Strider

Air Master Burst wrote:ETA: Imagine being the 90s kid who spent his own money to pass these out at school. The mind boggles!
I'm pretty sure that's Stephen Miller's origin story.
BIL wrote:Just how much of my culture have the BurgerNazis appropriated Image
There are questions best left unasked, lest they be answered.

Air Master Burst

I love how he has a young muscular torso and the elderly thighs of a Gold'n Plump chicken.

ETA: actually the body kinda looks like what happened to Triple H after he stopped juicing hard in the mid 00s.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I guess this is the bad part of AI the safety alignment people warned us about.

For every 100,000,000,000 images of big booby women, you have to suffer through exactly 1 image of an old man in a diaper.

I'm not sure if that's a fair trade..
BIL

Post by BIL »

BryanM wrote:God and Devil World
After a series of fortuitous events and a few serious hunches our hero decides it’s time to do more than just survive!

Mutants, Evolved animals and what’s worse, intelligent out of control dinosaurs had quickly appeared and claimed their own sections of the planet.

Unceremoniously exposed to such a cold and heartless new world, Yue Zhong is faced with a choice: Find a deep dark hole and hope it goes back to “normal”? Or overcome all obstacles and struggle towards Evolution!!!

Sounds like a bit of a HUNCH FULFILMENT time! Image
Air Master Burst wrote:ETA: actually the body kinda looks like what happened to Triple H after he stopped juicing hard in the mid 00s.
Awesome tangent. :cool: Sent me down a real Sad Rabbit Hole, that did. 3;

Be kind to your testes, lads! 3;

If they shrivel up, dust will shoot out! :shock:
Sengoku Strider

BIL wrote:BurgerNazis
Incidentally, Roger Stone is organizing a "Trump Loyalty Rally" in the parking lot of an In-n-Out Burger.

"Keep it peaceful!"

F I G H T F O R
T R U M P
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sounds like it's gonna be a regular BURGER HUT PUTSCH Image

Not gonna lie it's been fuckin hilarious watching the reaction to Trump's PLS HALP from the Murica First bunch. :cool: "EAT SHIT YOU HONEYPOTTING ORANGE J6 GLOWFAG" about covers it. Image