shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:25 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249

Who is your preferred pokémon?
Joe Biden 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Andrew Yang 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kamala Harris 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Elizabeth Warren / Tulsi Gabbard 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Hollywood Celebrity 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Deval Patrick / Julian Castro / Robert O'Rourke / Cory Booker 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Donald Trump 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
Mike Gravel 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Bernard Sanders 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
Hillary Clinton / Michael Bloomberg / Mark Zuckerberg / Chelsea Clinton / Kirsten Gillibrand 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 am 

The Dem establishment universally supports regime change. The "best" of them, Warren, can't even bring herself to say "Guaidó has no legitimate claim to power" and advocates further sanctions to punish the foolish plebs who won't cough up the oil. Biden has basically outright asked for Maduro's head to be removed from his body pronto.

To paraphrase a remark from this thread's early days, "anyone who thinks there's a big difference between Democrats and Republicans has taken too many loads to the eyes."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 pm 

Trump 2020!
20 years for collusion,
20 for obstruction!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2020 (D) Presidential Primary - Welcome to the Gravelanc
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm 

Trump reverses the actions taken against the companies helping NK to avoid previously-imposed sanctions. Because he "likes Kim Jong Un a lot". Awww, isn't that lovely? <3 ( https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm632 )

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/trump-s ... tions.html

We're lucky that Hillary is not in office to do this, because then it would be treason, huh? Just like with Uranium One and all those kids they were forcing into prostitution at a pizza parlor, huh? Thank Jeezus for someone with the True American Christian Values (TM) like Trump, right, Repugs? MNKGA!

Trump 2020!
20 years for collusion,
20 for obstruction!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 pm 

Specineff wrote:
Trump reverses the actions taken against the companies helping NK to avoid previously-imposed sanctions. Because he "likes Kim Jong Un a lot". Awww, isn't that lovely? <3 ( https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm632 )

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/trump-s ... tions.html

We're lucky that Hillary is not in office to do this, because then it would be treason, huh? Just like with Uranium One and all those kids they were forcing into prostitution at a pizza parlor, huh? Thank Jeezus for someone with the True American Christian Values (TM) like Trump, right, Repugs? MNKGA!

Hindsight is 20/20

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:11 pm 

Specineff wrote:
gibberish

Are you feeling stupid (of course not) now that the Trump-Russia conspiracy nuttery that you clownishly bought for two years has fallen through? For Christ's sake stop talking about American politics. We can all see what propaganda of the moment is being televised for ourselves - we don't need you to repeat an 80 IQ version of it for us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:47 pm 

Mike Gravel, eh? This must be a clever plan to make people stop thinking of Bernie as "the OLD guy"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:37 pm 

Yeah, it disgusts me whenever someone says politics is "worse" than it used to be. It's like they've never paid attention to a single thing going on. (And I guess it's hard to blame them when their only window to the world, the TV, only shows them pointless Benghazi/email/Russia collusion sham theater 24/7. So they don't get weird unacceptable thoughts like voting to give themselves a raise.)

Here's Mike Gravel stating that the soldiers that died in Vietnam died for nothing. And Obama's long weaselly word salad that goes all over the place before settling on "By definition American troops can not die in vain." The ugly truth is that Mike's statement is also false - those kids of ours didn't die in vain. They died for an effort to make the world a worse place.

A comforting lie is so much easier to swallow, I suppose. Especially as a method to accept what you have no power to change.

His observation of the substance-less, "celebrity nature of politics" and call to implement some forms of direct democracy is refreshing in this sea of WWF distraction wankoff bullshit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:46 pm 

It's a shame the country that actually exerts undue influence over Trump will never be investigated.

Which is why I'm registering as a Democrat and supporting Andrew Yang in the primaries. Let's secure that bag and get that bread, gamers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:39 pm 

Rob wrote:
Are you feeling stupid (of course not) now that the Trump-Russia conspiracy nuttery that you clownishly bought for two years has fallen through? For Christ's sake stop talking about American politics. We can all see what propaganda of the moment is being televised for ourselves - we don't need you to repeat an 80 IQ version of it for us.

WHEN DID I EVER MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION, YOU TRISOMIC IMBECILE? The only stupid thing here is your collating my mention of his tweet with the Mueller investigation. I kept quiet about it because there is the chance that nothing could be proven (guilty or not), he could legitimately claim plausible deniability, or even be actually unconnected to the whole deal.

So, kindly grab your Gung-ho "Yeaaaah, fuck you yeaaaaah" attitude (Thanks for this, BM, btw) and shove it. He's the one who tweeted about reversing the NK sanctions, not me; and if it troubles you that someone who isn't a blue-eyed, blonde caucasian with a birthmark in the shape of the Liberty Bell points out the hypocrisy and obtuseness of your Orange Messiah (especially now that it's proving so troublesome for him to get you the promised revenge you need to exact on those evil latinos), THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, DEAL WITH IT.

Short version: Don't obliquely pin on me an issue I wasn't talking about just so that you can fulfill the pathological need you seem to have to shit on people from other ethnicities or races; it's not my fault that you may have gotten used by a foreigner to get a green card, or that a man in a burrito suit raped you.

Trump 2020!
20 years for collusion,
20 for obstruction!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:58 pm 

From here on out, you can parse all of my posts as "$1000 a month", because at this point it's the only thing that matters. Eventually, most will come to the same conclusion.

https://twitter.com/YangGangFanClub/sta ... 73793?s=19

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:14 pm 

quash wrote:
Which is why I'm registering as a Democrat and supporting Andrew Yang in the primaries. Let's secure that bag and get that bread, gamers.

haha, you srs?

Quote:
We're lucky that Hillary is not in office to do this, because then it would be treason, huh?

You're absolutely right there's always blind partisan cheerleading, but try not to get too wrapped up on the bickering and hypocrisy.

It's why it's so much easier to advance the idea of a policy, and not a man. M4A has over 60% support from citizens, but getting a person that actually supports it, elected as even president is going to be very difficult.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 pm 

BryanM wrote:
haha, you srs?

Serious zerious. As much as he was and still is better than the alternative, Zion Don was only delaying the inevitable. That's why it's time for gamers to rise up and get Jeff Bezos to pay our UBI, and maybe some government issued gfs.

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Synth/status/ ... 86464?s=19

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:18 am 

Heh.

One thing that's kind of a downer is that the "1,000 bux" was a number that the BI community settled on over a decade ago. Like the idea of getting Bernie's $15 bux by 2025 or whatever - it's just like this number that's frozen in carbonite. It's the kind of thing that makes me feel like I'm getting old, like a grandpa that thinks a quarter is a lot of money.

(It's kind of terrifying that oligarchs keep saying they support a BI. Bezos will give us $1,000 bux, but won't give his employees air conditioning? I know his particular business (along with Wal Mart) would thrive if people had more disposable income, but still...)

Getting back to that topic of rent (the only reason 1,000 bux is a necessity anyway), 3 room state apartments back in the USSR apparently used to rent for 1/10th of someone's salary. It is obviously kinda silly to rent an inert piece of wood, plastic and copper - do you rent your furniture or your clothes, too? How about life-long car rentals? It doesn't make any sense.

At the very least it'd probably be prudent to have some non-profit competition when it comes to the largest living expense we have to deal with.

... eh, I'm sure the Elon Cube/Bezos Barn thing is just a jokey metaphor, right? ... ... ..

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249