From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Blinge »

oooh. This speaks to me on some lost level. cool concept for a blog. Castlevania and souls is this guy my BEST FRIEND?

https://doshmanziari.tumblr.com/post/19 ... tv-showing

Also Demon souls remastered showed some gameplay trailer.
... I'm actually working on a video analysis :wink:

Here it is!
https://youtu.be/1skAd2b-rYw
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

No doubt most of those things you're pointing out is just for the trailer. That kind of stuff is completely standard. I definitely wouldn't worry about the game being too easy, that's hard to imagine considering the reputation of the series.
That said, if I had your smooth voice and fancy accent I'd be making videos like this, too.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I bet your accent is real fancy.

and thanks, no one has ever called my voice smooth before.

The camera closeness and character grunting I feel will make it in.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Right, those two are gonna be in the game for sure. Camera all the way up in your characters business seems to be how all third person games are handled nowadays. When I first turned on Arkham City I was immediately confused about how I was supposed to play a game where my character takes up like 75% of the screen. It's like that shooter section in Super Empire Strikes Back.

In terms of the grunts, I probably wouldn't have thought about it if you hadn't pointed it out. I don't think they'll be as annoying as you predict (almost all games have them nowadays and I'm not really bothered), but not having them feels almost like a deliberate choice from From's side that fits into the atmosphere of the series. Your character can't afford to have hints of a personality.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

i really don't like how they made this look like a darksiders game. the camera angle and grunting are awful too. can't say i'm any more excited for this than i was for dark souls 1 remaster.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

DS1 remaster was good, wasn't it?
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

dunno, haven't played it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sumez wrote:DS1 remaster was good, wasn't it?
It's the same game with a lick of paint afaik. I have speedrun it at JDE's place just to show him but.. can't really remember owt else.

I think it runs at 60fps, and fixes slowdown in blighttown etc, but PC players have been able to enjoy that for years.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I'd rather play the remaster than the original with 60fps patch, as it avoids a few glitches associated with that patch. Granted the patch includes a way to disable itself with one button press, so that's a quick work around for the parts where it matters.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Blinge wrote: Here it is!
Damned, now my mind is lost. How comes this duck-thing has such a manly and protective voice ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Nice lighting. If anything in ther original DeS could use an improvement first, that would be the sound. I don't care how it's like in surround with all the gear set up; there's no good reason why mere stereo headphones wouldn't carry as much detail and information about environment as they do in Thief 1&2, or in the first Unreal (with hardware "3D" sound). On consoles, Omega Boost and Twisted Metal: Black seemed more aurally advanced with - again - just headphones than DeS on PS3, to me. And I think on PSX&PS2 - it was "only" 2 channels processed smartly.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Jeneki wrote:I'd rather play the remaster than the original with 60fps patch, as it avoids a few glitches associated with that patch. Granted the patch includes a way to disable itself with one button press, so that's a quick work around for the parts where it matters.
Ahh yeah good point.
guigui wrote:
Blinge wrote: Here it is!
Damned, now my mind is lost. How comes this duck-thing has such a manly and protective voice ?
ornitorinque!!! or however you say it :lol:

also the trick is a bit of audio polish in Audacity.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Cool vid, B.

I need this game. My wife & I are talking about doing 2 player 1 controller SL1 on stream on day 1 (assuming I can somehow manage to get a PS5 preorder)

Praying that they announce From Software collab’d archstone 6 as a special inclusion or even a Q1 2021 DLC.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

It begins :lol:
BIL

Post by BIL »

I bought Ys Origin and the fuckin thing asked if I wanted to buy a basket of fruit to go with it :O I was so disturbed I googled WTF it was about, turns out it was for another Ys entirely! Blimey that was close, would've looked a right twat with my dick in one hand and that fruit basket in the other.

Real lack of standards in your generation Burinju! My day, you wanted a fruit, you had to fight, fuck or beg for it! Image Image You want some grains I'll mail you a tenner and you can buy 'em from fuckin Tesco :o

Cock Ring of Longevity sounds good though tbh :shock:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Digital Deluxe Edition

Includes:

* Full game
* Nothing else of relevance
Marc

Post by Marc »

Everything I've seen of next-gen so far serves simply to convince me that I'll finish up the backlog on the three current machines, and jump in a year or two from now.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Not sure what "grains" are. Digital Deluxe? More like Constipation Edition. :lol:

Also it's funny this comes with soul consumables. Would be hilarious if someone used these right away, then realized you can't level up until later on and will likely lose them first.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:I bought Ys Origin and the fuckin thing asked if I wanted to buy a basket of fruit to go with it :O I was so disturbed I googled WTF it was about, turns out it was for another Ys entirely!
As ever my old friend.. I'm thoroughly confused by your post.

What asked if you wanted fruit? and which Ys game? very cuuuurious.
Nah i feel like the ps4 generation is still too new for me.
Jeneki wrote:Also it's funny this comes with soul consumables. Would be hilarious if someone used these right away, then realized you can't level up until later on and will likely lose them first.
Hahaha. PLEEEEASE let some skrub do this.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I took a picture with my camera phone so my grandchildren would believe me (■`ω´■)

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

HOW DO THEY KNOW I NEED FRUITS. :mrgreen:

ahaha. fucking hell what a time to be alive.

fun fact birru. here in the maafy saath. people say tesco's like it's owned by some dude called tesco.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Guess who is playing Dank Souls 3 again? Ayaya is smashing things with an axe.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Guess who is playing Dank Souls 3 again? Ayaya is smashing things with an axe.
It's the only one I've never replayed, I started but it's so jerky compared to the two remasters that I felt quite nauseous, and that very rarely happens to me.

Hmmm, I didn't have the XOX then, wonder if it runs any better on that?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Probably will help.

I visited a friend yesterday and she'd just started 3. First time I saw it running on a regular ps4. That's a shame.. 30 fps.
For me and my pr0 8) It's always been smooth.

I really need to play 3 through again but i've lost my life to Fall guys and Let it Die. (which really is shite but i'm in.)

Edit: Currently doing a sorcery only run of SotFS for funsies. The amount of souls you get in this game is staggering, especially considering i'm just eating every soul I can't turn into a spell and switching to silver serpent when a boss dies.

Early half of the game was kinda painful, later is OP madness.

Just fought Ducklicker with 90 INT, staff of wisdom (mag ascended)
Utterly rekt it, two soul greatswords while it was splitting let me skip the entire second phase.
Steamflogger Boss

I'm playing on Regular PS4 but it's not a big deal for me. I mean, I played Bloodborne after all.

This has been a really clean run so far. Probably the best I've done in the catacombs.
Blinge wrote:Edit: Currently doing a sorcery only run of SotFS for funsies. The amount of souls you get in this game is staggering, especially considering i'm just eating every soul I can't turn into a spell and switching to silver serpent when a boss dies.

Early half of the game was kinda painful, later is OP madness.

Just fought Ducklicker with 90 INT, staff of wisdom (mag ascended)
Utterly rekt it, two soul greatswords while it was splitting let me skip the entire second phase.
Yeah spells are busted in DS2.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Hm. Unleash Magic doesn't seem worth it for the spell slots it takes up vs just more ammo for other spells.

Spells busted? Yeah maybe but it seems more so in 1. I mean you're amotherfucker in DS1 with 30-40 INT and it lasts the whole game. Felt i had to earn it in ds2.
Steamflogger Boss

Personally I leaned hard into Dark Orb. You just get soooo many uses.

Sulyhavn's Beast still more annoying than the Pontiff btw KEKW
drauch

Post by drauch »

Started up Shadow Tower last night and getting my stool pushed in. Love it. Been scrolling through the thread this morning but having difficulty finding some information. Any suggestions for SP allocation or tips?
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Personally I leaned hard into Dark Orb. You just get soooo many uses.

Sulyhavn's Beast still more annoying than the Pontiff btw KEKW
Ohh yeah. Dark Orb does clap cheeks throughout. haven't used it this time around because sorcery only.

also shut your fucking rim
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

drauch wrote:Started up Shadow Tower last night and getting my stool pushed in. Love it. Been scrolling through the thread this morning but having difficulty finding some information. Any suggestions for SP allocation or tips?
My two main tips for ST would be, if you have the patience for it, drawing your own maps can really help improving your orientation and make sure you don't miss stuff.

Second, remember that everything is finite, including enemy spawns (but some times returning to a room will cause new ones to spawn). Repairing armor is paid with your health, so potions is the game's currency.
Essentially, don't squander your resources. But by the end of the game you'll have tons of them, so don't stress out over it either. It's a little tight in the first couple of areas.

Oh right. One more thing. If you ever come across a floor that damages your armor fast, it might be better to go barefoot....