From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Steamflogger Boss

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Necronopticous wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:I've been thinking about a Katana run through of DS3.
Powerstancing dual katanas in Dark Souls 2 is the shit and one of the best reasons to even play that game.
I was role playing hard last DS2 run as an evil magus.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Oh my god, I'm so dumb.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pyromancy-flame-ascended

I just.. didn't know about this. somehow completely just.. didn't.
So my Pyro playthrough + DLC was all with a regular +15 flame
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

What!
Steamflogger Boss

Omegalul
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

yeah i'd always thought her option was just some dumb thing to put your pyro flame back down to 1.
i mean, on her menu it says Pyromancy Flame just the same..
guigui

Post by guigui »

Blinge wrote:Oh my god, I'm so dumb.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pyromancy-flame-ascended

I just.. didn't know about this. somehow completely just.. didn't.
So my Pyro playthrough + DLC was all with a regular +15 flame
Ahah, one of the greatest plot-twist of this already full of pleasant things thread ! Congratulations Blinge, you made my week.

Now you invented a new restriction : SL1 run, flame LV1. A walk in the park for Necro ;)
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I’ve already done SL1 no pyro!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

i'm sure that one's impossible gui, unless you're allowed to whack things too.
in which case.. I guess i've done that too :mrgreen:
HELLEPHANT

Post by HELLEPHANT »

it290 wrote:
Blinge wrote:Then again I did insist we beat Rom in the chalices before ever seeing Rom in the main game, which is possible.
Ouch dude.

Speaking of chalices, that was actually a feature I loved in BB. It's interesting how much some of the souls community (cough cough Bonfiresidechat cough) hated on those, because I thought they added superb replayability to the game. Sure, they're repetitive, but the idea of being able to do a quick bit of Souls as if it were a game of Gauntlet is awesome and a great diversion when you don't feel like playing the main game.
Right on, I just with it didn't take so much doing to get all the maximum root dungeons. It's such a pain to power through the easy levels just to get to the fun part :evil:
Steamflogger Boss

HELLEPHANT wrote:It's such a pain to power through the easy levels just to get to the fun part :evil:
Strong agree. Some enjoyable stuff once you get down deep but the early stuff is just boring and repetitive.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
HELLEPHANT wrote:It's such a pain to power through the easy levels just to get to the fun part :evil:
Strong agree. Some enjoyable stuff once you get down deep but the early stuff is just boring and repetitive.
+2

I just finally went through them earlier this year to get the platinum, and the easy ones were such a boring grind. I would have rathered this be an endgame feature with only the harder chalices and their ritual versions. If they wanted to add in one that could be played earlier they should have just made one that scales with your level. But I also agree that once youv'e opened them up they are great for a quick jump in and go Bloodborne experience. It's basically Arcadesouls.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I've played the Chalices enough to plat the game, but never really gone in for the root dungeons much.

But my long term goal to run all soulkiroborne to NG+7 means i'll have to just to farm gems for damage.
During my casual forays into NG+3 it feels like my Burial Blade damage is already too weak.
guigui wrote:A walk in the park for Necro ;)
I'd buy his bathwater!
Steamflogger Boss

Will his bathwater infuse you with special gaming powers?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I am here. Also Sekiro is definitely on my to play list.
My lord, I have come for you.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

You should copy-paste your last post in "what not shmup u playin thread"here.

I'll join the actual fun later, too busy with annoying stuff at the moment, my PS4 is crying.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

From the what non shmup you playin' thread:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:
I'm trying to think of what regular enemy you are referring too lol.
Spoiler
I guess he is a mage of some sort - the ones that hang out in Yhar'Gul/Unseen Village. The tall fuckers who wear cloaks and hit hard.
Spent Turkey Day morning in Yharnam -
Spoiler
At the fork in the Cathedral stairs I headed right. Killed the two hunters (Electro and Gun Happy) and headed into the cave. Came out and made it to that room at the end passed the two big guys with axes (with snipers on the rocks for that extra fuck you). Turned back and headed into the forest. At night. Should have done it in the day but too late now. Was overwhelmed and killed by the gunmen a few times but never twice without getting my echoes back. Forged through to Hemwick Charnel Lane. Lit the lamp, killed some of the locals and then headed back to dreamland with close to 25,000 echoes. The women of what I am presuming is a coven of witches seem really friendly - the hanging bodies of what I can only assume are the men were a nice touch. That's were I'm at.

I've had the axe and pistol since the start. Thinking about maybe replacing the axe, but it has served me so well thus far.
Blinge wrote:
Stevens you fuck get in MUH FROMSOFT thread !!!111oneone.
we can all use spoiler tags about BB till you've finished.

Ah man I've always loved how some people struggle in different areas in From games.
I killed BSB first try but Amelia took me fucking forever, way longer than you!
Biggest boss hurdle for me so far was unsurprisingly
Spoiler
Father G
, almost made me call it quits. Seriously. Didn't even have that much trouble with any Dark Souls boss. Then I remembered I'm not a pussy:)

I'll try and find the thread.

Also in BB -
Spoiler
I found the hunter who is stalking Henryk. I don't know if it is unavoidable, but I respected the hunter's wishes to not go after him for now. If I come back later game and she is still standing there I'll know what I have to do. Curious if this is one of those scenarios.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Hemwick is fucking cool. You can go there before Amelia and say it by daylight, I usually do this even though it's a bit easier in the daytime.

As for Eileen & Henryk's questline, here's some non-specific advice if you want it.
Spoiler
If you want to progress it, you should ignore her advice and fight Henryk
If you don't there'll be a change but it's less interesting
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Apparently there's a "Dark Souls Trilogy" release that's already out, to little fanfare.

I guess it's just a compilation of games everybody already has, so there's no reason to care about it. But since I don't have the PS4 versions of DS1 or 2 (and still no DLC, because no one would advise me on which to purchase :evil: ), it's relevant to my interests.

Does anyone know if the DS2 release on the disc is based on the original DS2 or Scholar of the First Sin? I've searched around, and I'm getting conflicting reports.
Though I'd guess the latter is more likely, as there's no actual PS4 version of the former already available to my knowledge?

EDIT: Lol, apparently it came out like half a year ago.
Steamflogger Boss

Sumez wrote:Apparently there's a "Dark Souls Trilogy" release that's already out, to little fanfare.

I guess it's just a compilation of games everybody already has, so there's no reason to care about it. But since I don't have the PS4 versions of DS1 or 2 (and still no DLC, because no one would advise me on which to purchase :evil: ), it's relevant to my interests.

Does anyone know if the DS2 release on the disc is based on the original DS2 or Scholar of the First Sin? I've searched around, and I'm getting conflicting reports.
Though I'd guess the latter is more likely, as there's no actual PS4 version of the former already available to my knowledge?

EDIT: Lol, apparently it came out like half a year ago.
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it on this forum!!!

I own it... It came out in 2018.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Not around here I think. All webshops state the release date as somewhere between March and June 2019.

Still this is the first I've heard of it. Guess I'll give it another half a year to drop to dumb prices XD
Steamflogger Boss

I know it was sold out here on PS4 from all the big retailers and maintained a high price point. I know I was happy to get it for $70 used from Gamestop with the help of someone else (no one here had it). Hopefully it's calmed down from that.

Since no one cares about XBONE it was $30 on there at one point.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm seeing stores selling it today (Black Friday offers or whatever) for $44. Would it be dumb to expect it to drop to half of that some time in the next year?
Steamflogger Boss

I looked here and it's still at $70, and couple stores are sold out of the PS4 version. Maybe it's not as popular in Europe? If I didn't already own it I'd be asking you where it was that price to buy it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sumez wrote:(and still no DLC, because no one would advise me on which to purchase :evil: )
I think for how much it improves the base game; DS2 DLC.
Sunken, Old Iron, then Ivory King is the usual order people play them in.. though perhaps people in the thread might suggest otherwise.

but really they're all worth playing.
From's work on Soulsborne DLC is collectively the best DLC i've played for any game.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Blinge wrote:Hemwick is fucking cool. You can go there before Amelia and say it by daylight, I usually do this even though it's a bit easier in the daytime.

As for Eileen & Henryk's questline, here's some non-specific advice if you want it.
Spoiler
If you want to progress it, you should ignore her advice and fight Henryk
If you don't there'll be a change but it's less interesting
Thanks for that non spoiler nudge. I will ignore her and see what happens.

Hemwick was in fact pretty dope. I sold the stake driver and purchased Ludwig's HB. It sounded interesting in the description, I bought it and then realized it is basically the Black Knight sword (when combined) from Dark Souls. Which isn't a bad thing, I used that thing to death in DS.

These games are a bit funny like that. I really have no reason, for the most part, to not use the axe. It has served me really well thus far, hits like a truck, and so far does a lot of visceral damage too.

That said it is fun to experiment. With the blood gem buffs it does really nice thrust damage.

I downed the witch bitch and then went into my first chalice dungeon. Finished it, although admittedly I called for (non human) help with the Watchdog. Pretty sure I had summon help with the centipede in DS. Something about fire I suppose.

Currently Dark Beast Paarl is blocking my path. I'll get back to BB Monday or Tuesday.
Steamflogger Boss

LHB is basically the weapon.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

^ always avoided it myself because i was thinking "is dis dark souls lol"
Steamflogger Boss

I was styling for awhile then bitched out. I'm about to start another run though. Won't let myself use that or the whirligig saw.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

So in your unhumble opinions, what are the weapons that are most Bloodborne?
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Saw Motherfucking Cleaver
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.