Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stevens

Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread

Post by Stevens »

Squire Grooktook wrote:I don't think most notable older games like ST have ever been "outclassed" by any of their successors, and still have a character and playstyle very much their own.
It isn't a secret around here, I love Super Turbo. If we did a tier of fighting games (thread idea!) it would be in the top tier.

-Mildly OT
If the interest is there maybe we can do a Fightcade/Fighting game match up thread?

Something like:

Format and games played (Xbox - Fightcade - PS)
Screen name for each

And any other pertinent info you can think of.

Thoughts?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Stevens wrote: -Mildly OT
If the interest is there maybe we can do a Fightcade/Fighting game match up thread?
That would be cool. On the subject of Fightcade, some friends of mine from Steam and the Skullheart forums actually have a weekly "randomized fightcade tournament" on Saturdays. Basically, every participant picks two games from the fightcade library, which are added to a wheel for winners and losers bracket. Every round, the wheel is spun, and a different game is randomly picked for that round. We even sometimes do shmups and brawlers (usually with the rule that the first person to game over loses the set). It's pretty fun.

We have a discord and stream. Always open to new participants.

A highlight from one particularly...interesting game choice.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Sounds awesome, let's do it! I'd definitely be down for CE, ST, 3S, KoF 98 or Vampire Savior on FightCade but CE and ST are probably the ones that I've clocked the most amount of on. I don't play too often on FightCade due to lag and the fact that I play CE every day with my co-workers during lunch and sometimes after work (been doing it for the past 2 years now - we have a MAME-cab in the office). I haven't played 3S and KoF 98 in a while and I never really got good at them tbh. I have a lot of things that I need to improve on in Vampire Savior too but I really like the game.
Squire Grooktook

I used to play Vampire Saviour a ton, but that was a few years ago so I'm pretty bad now. I'm up for games anytime though.

For the fightcade randomized thingy, we usually do it at around 9:45 PM EST. Anyone pm me if interested and I'll grab a discord invite.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You can now get Blasterz'd on Steam - there's also a temporary cross-promo that gets you an extra 25% off if you already own Skullgirls, and if you buy NB first you'll get 75% off Skullgirls if you pick that up afterwards.
Squire Grooktook

I wasn't expecting much but I picked it up on a recommendation from friends.

Actually pretty good. I didn't realize it was from the creator of Arcana Hearts.

Kind of reminds me of Under Night in that it looks like an air-dasher at first glance, but seems to play a bit more like a ground-based footsies kind of game. Pretty nice. Characters are all pretty fun.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Fear not Tekken fans, you can still grin and bear it.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I'm down for playing SF2(any version, really) and SF Alpha 2 or 3 on Fightcade anytime. With preferences for SSF2X and SFA2.

I have the same username there as I have here, if you see me there, challenge me! Also doing a dedicated thread on here and organizing matches is a great idea.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Anyone interested in X-Men VS Street Fighter or Marvel Superheroes VS Street Fighter on Fightcade? My handle there is "trk".
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

hanasu

Post by hanasu »

Squire Grooktook wrote: We have a discord and stream. Always open to new participants.

A highlight from one particularly...interesting game choice.
come see me in neo turf masters
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
KAI

Post by KAI »

-easier combos
-no-damage throw tech

USF2 is dead before arrival.

New GGXrd update announced! Rev2

To be released next Spring on PS3/4 and PC.
New balance, some added moves. All characters without an Episode Mode will now have one. Also, a new chapter will be added to the story mode and a new online mode will be added.
A physical PS4 version also will be released. Only digital or paid update for everybody else.
new chars, Baiken and Answer.
Squire Grooktook

TBH the lack of a full damage escape throw tech is the one thing I'd consider changing about ST myself.

Also this is why I don't buy arcsys games anymore.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
KAI

Post by KAI »

pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

KAI wrote:-easier combos
-no-damage throw tech

USF2 is dead before arrival.
Agreed... Being able to soften throws was perfect - it kept the spirit of what makes SF2 SF2 yet reduced the BS just a little bit. Again, Capcom is making too many changes when they just need to make smaller refinements. It sounds like we might have HDR all over again...
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Hate no-damage Tech Throw. Having ones that reduce damage is perfect
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

BulletMagnet wrote:New Touhou fighter ahoy.
I've played Scarlet Weather Rhapsody long time ago.
Very different fighting game. I like when it is completly different from the usual.
system11

Post by system11 »

Tecmo are adding Mila to the free character lineup until early Feb, to celebrate 8 million downloads of the F2P version of DOA5LR.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Man, ever since the newest update for kof the online has been awful. So tired of all these half finished fighting games. It's enough to make me go back to 3d fighters. At least they are usually complete games with decent graphics, passable online, etc.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

EVO '17 lineup announced - as a casual observer, I have to root for Skullgirls in the vote for the final spot, since they've put so much darn work into balancing and polishing the thing so many years after its release, which is supposedly precisely the sort of support fighting aficionados like to see, but seldom do. And now that I've said that MvC3 is guaranteed to win instead. :P

Also, Namco has apparently come to the conclusion that what all those goofy "devil" forms really needed all along was...boobs, naturally. Oh, and, uh, narcolepsy?
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

BulletMagnet wrote:since they've put so much darn work into balancing and polishing the thing so many years after its release, which is supposedly precisely the sort of support fighting aficionados like to see, but seldom do.
:roll:
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Apparently there's something I'm missing... :?:
Squire Grooktook

Skullgirls is the best fighting game released in the last decade IMO and tied with MVC2 as my favorite multiplayer game of all time.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The waifu takeover continues.
KAI

Post by KAI »

And here's the trailer
Million Arthur Arcana Blood Launch Trailer
Looks cheap as shit.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

My fave SFV player to watch right now :

MajorBoy (crazy Ibuki player)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Still curious to see how season two is going to turn out.