Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
mariusrhpsd

Re: The Fighting Games news thread

Post by mariusrhpsd »

I see xrd more as a direct sequel from #r (last ishiwatari gg), i think that it's going for a different approach compared to +r, it's not that much of a downgrade but a reimagining of the series
Dengeki Unko came out yesterday, has anyone tried it yet?
nobody cares
undamned

Post by undamned »

Squire Grooktook wrote:A lot of people play it on GGPO (or did when I was hooked on Vampire Savior), so emulation is probably decent. I don't know how the most recent psn/xbl ports are, but I think they're good?
GGPO isn't really being supported any more and activity is migrating towards Fightcade. Check it out! :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Pretas wrote:They all made the transition eventually, however grudgingly. You will too.
I'm still playing Mvc2 over Mvc3 and Karnov's Revenge over anything Sf4. Try me, heheh.

If it turns out to actually be good, I'll give it a shot. But from what I'm hearing so far, it's basically a slower Guilty Gear (ick) and sf4 style option select city. But whatever, time will tell.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Pretas wrote:They all made the transition eventually, however grudgingly. You will too.
I'm still playing Mvc2 over Mvc3 and Karnov's Revenge over anything Sf4. Try me, heheh.

If it turns out to actually be good, I'll give it a shot. But from what I'm hearing so far, it's basically a slower Guilty Gear (ick) and sf4 style option select city. But whatever, time will tell.
I'm still hyped for Xrd, but I am hearing some worrying things.
I'm kind of disappointed it drops so many things that were in +R. On the other hand, that means there's still a reason to play +R after Xrd is out.

oh, and if Ray's Wheel Kick wasn't the dumbest thing ever, I'd play more Karnov's Revenge
It's pretty much the perfect option for a good 60% of anything your opponent does. That move does not need so much invincibility.
The game is still tons of fun, but hot damn.
also, BALLOON
KAI wrote: Dengeki Unko came out yesterday, has anyone tried it yet?
Buddy of mine has it, but I haven't played it with him. Might get to try it out soon.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi, KOFXI and KOF'98UM possibly coming to Sony platforms
They could port the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 games instead of the same shit over and over again.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

What I wouldn't do for Buriki One.

I still have mixed feelings on Samurai Shodown VI, maybe some more matches would solidify them.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

KAI wrote:Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi, KOFXI and KOF'98UM possibly coming to Sony platforms
They could port the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 games instead of the same shit over and over again.
They already are on the jp psn as ps2 classics http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935620
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

KAI wrote:They could port the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 games instead of the same shit over and over again.
But that would require actual effort...
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

In other news, Arcsys and SNK are competing to see who gives less of a shit about pc gaming

Captain

Post by Captain »

Unless that means CP and XRD, I'm gonna be mad.
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

Captain wrote:Unless that means CP and XRD, I'm gonna be mad.
Maybe it means Battle Fantasia.

Whens HnK or BasaraX online master race edition
Spoiler
jk port it to EVERYTHING
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Speaking of Xrd, those with PS+ and PS4, can play the US Demo on 11/25. Dunno if this'll be a limited timed demo (2 weeks) like the JP one and it'll probably be the same one too (Sol in Lesson mode, and Sol's/Ky's Full arcade modes, if possible.)
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Speaking of Xrd, those with PS+ and PS4, can play the US Demo on 11/25. Dunno if this'll be a limited timed demo (2 weeks) like the JP one and it'll probably be the same one too (Sol in Lesson mode, and Sol's/Ky's Full arcade modes, if possible.)
sweet thanks for the update... i was really wondering if there would be a demo or not.

Really on the fence about getting Xrd
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

DOA5LR PC version appears on ESRB records, practically confirmed for pc release. Meanwhile, arcsys is too busy cockteasing games that nobody wants on pc, and snk is delaying the inevitable shit pc port that is going to be 98 & 2k2 UM
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

KoF 98 Unlimited Match Final Edition to be released on steam December 12 by the same guys that ported MK Arkade Kolektion, which was pretty horrible port, and had an even worse netcode. This is the nesica port so idk, maybe the online will work fine in japan?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I don't know about the PC version, but MK Kollection on 360 arcade was a fuckin' joke. It lags severely in local multiplayer. It can't even read your special moves if you input the commands too fast. It's so bad I feel like they deserve to be hit by a lawsuit for selling a product that doesn't work.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
KAI

Post by KAI »

My hopes of getting perfect ports of 98UM and 2002UM are going down the toilet.
FUCK SNK
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

On the plus side the existing 360 port of UM and Tougeki on PS2 are pretty good up to date versions. 98 getting a botched port will be really unfortunate though, since it's an update that up until now has been exclusive to arcades.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Gah, that's worrying as fuck. I think the only consolation in this is that PCSX2 runs the KOF UM games just fine, and you don't need a beast of a machine for it.

hopefully the fact that they're pretty much PC games [yay NESiCA] already will keep it from getting fucked up somehow
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

If anyone's following XRD they are doing a countdown with each of the characters, they begun 16 days ago but i forgot to post it lol

http://ggxrd.com/cs/
KAI

Post by KAI »

Guilty Gear and Dengeki Bunko FC devs want to make Idolmaster, Love Live fighting games
Toshimichi Mori (Blazeblue): “I want to make an Idolmaster fighting game. And in the end, I want to work towards The Idolmaster vs. Love Live.”
Someone please, kill this guy now.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

KAI wrote:Someone please, kill all three now.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Ishiwatari is still a visionary; Mori is still a weeaboo.
quash

Post by quash »

I don't think most of you appreciate just how much money that would make, especially when you consider how little effort would have to be put in the game.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

In Japan, maybe, but I don't see an idol fighting game taking off in the rest of the world.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Either way, I'd love to see a Daigo Umehara/Justing Wong showdown on it, with the announcers gushing "OHHH so many sparkles" or something like that the whole time.

Off to the side, Siliconera pointed me towards this freeware doujin fighter earlier, though heaven knows if I'll be able to make any sense of Google translating it...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I hope at least one or two of the striking truckers is wearing an article of clothing with "FREE" and/or "ROCK YOU" on it while working the picket line.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

xrd comes out today and there seems to be a day-1 patch with english voices and TEXT, holy shit