Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Squire Grooktook

Re: The Fighting Games news thread

Post by Squire Grooktook »

VS (Vampire Savior I think you mean) isn't stiff at all once you put effort into it. I think the only thing that makes it feel that way to newcomers is that dashes can't be jump cancelled (except by bring the dash to a close), but otherwise it's ridiculously smooth once you understand the finesse of moving and attacking.

(also that dashing bit is irrelevant anyway if you pick one of the characters with a unique movement option)

JJBA (the original) is also generally well regarded I think. It's got a gimmicky system that's a bit of an acquired taste, but it's definitely worth getting into if it appeals to you.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

What's the best way to pick up JJBA? The PSX port? I missed getting the XBLA release, so it's either that (or MAME if it runs decently there).
Squire Grooktook

A lot of people play it on GGPO (or did when I was hooked on Vampire Savior), so emulation is probably decent. I don't know how the most recent psn/xbl ports are, but I think they're good?
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

To me, about Jojo's B.A. HD is an OK fighter, stands and all, and stuff, but if you want to know though, the game is no longer available (delisted) on the 360, but still available on US PSN and probably not for long, due to its rights/license probably being expired.

Not even prior warning for this game to be gone (though MVC2 and 3/U digital stuff did however).
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

Do yourself a favor, and pick up JoJo. It's great.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-w ... Socialflow

I apologise for posting something from shitaku but this is pretty funny.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Ultra SF4's next update will add an "Omega" mode for characters, with new tweaks and moves, though it can only be played unranked: here's Combofiend tooling around with it.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Ranbow edition 2014. This makes the game even more casual.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

It seems like Capcom are testing the fgc. Maybe they wanna make a new sf alpha? Who knows why they are putting resources into this. No one is really gonna use it in serious gaming sessions.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Formless God wrote:GG already has May and Dizzy and this is what you call "moeshit"? Looks like a crossdresser to me. That manface.
Videos when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8iDwKqqsk
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

"Smashing Through the Cage of Fighting Vipers 2"

A quite unexpected and unexpectedly good article/interview from SRK about my favorite Sega fighter from outside the VF series.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

the folks at level|up have a new show during Wed. Night Fights called "The Grudge Match" where people can call out each other and have first to 5 on stream! It's like a mix of WWF with pre fight speeches and then the post fight recaps. So GOOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vytKIQrcFQ
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Looks like they're making good use of UE4. Now you too can play Crimzon Clover: The Fighter.
Updated vid. I'm seeing noticeably less juggles and ... there appears to be some sort of Critical Blow mechanic?
Pretty hype for this because I was always a couple years late on the Tekken trains (except for Revo, but it was shit).
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

This looks much more interesting thanks to the special effects. I hope that will stay in the final build!
KAI

Post by KAI »

Khan

Post by Khan »

Says winter 2014 and thus far i cant find either game in the steam store either?
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^I heard they were delayed, which is pretty standard for SNK unfortunately.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

ACSeraph wrote:^I heard they were delayed, which is pretty standard for SNK unfortunately.
If it's true, it's probably due to their ongoing legal battle with Square-Enix.
Captain

Post by Captain »

After GGXX #reload came out on steam, and the online patch is stickied on its page, I expected it to explode.

What actually happened is an increase of players by...I dunno...10%?
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Reload has been dead for a long long time, I have no idea why they would even waste time releasing it. Just a cash grab with no work required since they could copy paste the old PC port rather than putting out a version with an actual (though rapidly shrinking) community like AC+R.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

here, have some 60fps GGXrd footage, just in case you haven't seen any yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yquPOPk-bJ8
fighting begins at 00:12:16
Captain wrote:After GGXX #reload came out on steam, and the online patch is stickied on its page, I expected it to explode.

What actually happened is an increase of players by...I dunno...10%?
no one wants to play #Reload when
1: there are 4 revisions after it -- Slash, AC, AC+, AC+R -- #Reload is fucking old [and it's not a bad game, there are just more recent revisions]
2: #Reload was widely pirated in the years before its Steam release, anyone who wanted the game has it [and it'll probably continue to be pirated instead of people going for this zero-effort cash grab]

Issue 1 is significantly more important than 2, but 2 is a bit of an influence.
no one is buying the ASW fighters on Steam because they're really old, with none of their recent revisions in sight
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
quash

Post by quash »

I would love to see +R on PC, but I doubt it's going to happen. Xrd has a higher chance, and that's still unlikely.

I would also love to be proven wrong, but there's no indication that they're interested in selling their current games on PC.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I'd kill for xrd.
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
Squire Grooktook

I do not like what I've heard about Xrd so far. If the game doesn't turn out to be better/deeper then it is now, it's just a play for the aesthetics only. I would stick with Accent Core otherwise.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
dannnnn

Post by dannnnn »

Anyone who has AC+R on XBLA, are there any EU players online or is it dead?
Observer wrote:WELCOME TO VIOLENT CITY. That's all the storyline I need.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

Three weeks until xrd comes out on jp psn, the hype is way too real, the game looks so fucking good, i think most of the hate towards it comes from people that are not used to see anything that's not ac or +r, once you get used to the new speed of the game you will see that the old, deep mechanics are still there.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

My only real issue with Xrd is that the characters I like either aren't in it or in the case of Sol are simply no longer fun to play. I'd be more hype for it if there were more character announcements. Depth is probably there, but I still can't get into it in its current state.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Squire Grooktook wrote:I do not like what I've heard about Xrd so far. If the game doesn't turn out to be better/deeper then it is now, it's just a play for the aesthetics only. I would stick with Accent Core otherwise.
That's what all the Third Strike diehards said on the eve of SFIV's release. They all made the transition eventually, however grudgingly. You will too.

Also, such a criticism means considerably less now that Xrd has 4 unique characters not found in Accent Core.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Pretas wrote:Also, such a criticism means considerably less now that Xrd has 4 unique characters not found in Accent Core.
But it's also missing far far more. I'm sure we will see them in future revisions, but it's gonna be a long wait. Id trade the new characters for the full +R roster any day.
quash

Post by quash »

Squire Grooktook wrote:I do not like what I've heard about Xrd so far. If the game doesn't turn out to be better/deeper then it is now, it's just a play for the aesthetics only. I would stick with Accent Core otherwise.
I have my issues with Xrd, but it's not as bad as you're making it sound. The new RC system does have some unique advantages over the old system, though it does also do away with a lot of the old RC/FRC mixups, specifically those that required you to cancel on hit. I get the feeling we'll see YRC-able on hit moves and slightly reduced YRC slowdown in the next iteration for that reason.

I'd be lying to you if I told you I didn't prefer +R over Xrd, but +R is the culmination of a decade's worth of expertise. Xrd is a new start for the series, and they don't want to immediately scare off new players by overwhelming them with high execution requirements. People have said for years that they'd love to play Guilty Gear if it weren't for this, this or that: now there's virtually no excuse to not at least try it.