GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Immryr

Re: GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

Post by Immryr »

he's also part of the board game review channel shut up and sit down which has around 130k subscribers. no idea how lucrative either of those things would be.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

They were just sitting on a panel for UKIP regarding a discussion in the dangers of Article 13, which has been preliminarily passed as it happens. No idea why more people aren’t discussing it, honestly.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

WHO?!!

There has been some Doctorin' The Tardis, for sure!

You wot?
You wot?
You wot?

Exterminate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adk1ujjmguo

Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Skykid wrote:No idea why more people aren’t discussing it, honestly.
It's not all bad news. Axel Voss is getting paid! Doesn't he look happy?

One of the public faces behind drafting the "Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market".
"One Ring To Rule Them All" and all that . . .

He is also on the Committee of the "Digital Agenda Intergroup"

"The intergroup on the Digital Agenda is an informal network of Members of the European Parliament, cross-party and cross-nationality,
who are interested in digital technologies and in how they can benefit society.
We recognise the profound impact that digital technologies have on our societies, economies and the media.
We wish to take an active role in shaping that impact through improving the knowledge of the functioning and impact of technologies.
Through the organization of events and exchanges of views, we seek to advance the development of smarter, more relevant EU policies that promote fundamental rights,
prosperity, learning and participation
."

- Translation; Censorship Think-Tank

He is an archetypal political "Grey- Man". Professional front-man, for hire.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Jesus Christ! :lol:

‘Racist’ troll who sent rape tweet addresses Ukip members https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/raci ... -8tdvlp6qj

Revealed; bizarre views of UKips's sinister rising stars https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ars/23/09/

Well, it's not like he wasn't warned. Could he really be this naive?

Frankly, I am having a hard time accepting that any of this farce is real.

It's entertaining as all fuck, though! :mrgreen:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Zen wrote:It's entertaining as all fuck, though! :mrgreen:
Metokur's been in fine form lately, too. This is even better than the Mundane Mattacre. Image
system11

Post by system11 »

Zen wrote:Jesus Christ! :lol:

‘Racist’ troll who sent rape tweet addresses Ukip members https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/raci ... -8tdvlp6qj

Revealed; bizarre views of UKips's sinister rising stars https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ars/23/09/

Well, it's not like he wasn't warned. Could he really be this naive?

Frankly, I am having a hard time accepting that any of this farce is real.

It's entertaining as all fuck, though! :mrgreen:
It was inevitable that these would come back to haunt him - it doesn't matter if you think you're being clever and proving a point when 99% of people will just take the statement at face value. Trying to be too edgy, it's a shame because Benjamin regularly puts forward a lot of sensible views but his shock value efforts are only ever going to be weaponised.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

His language was extremely ill advised and yes, perhaps it was his awkward "cool kid" attempt at speaking what he naively thought was the language of the ridiculous "Alt-Right".

Second fatal mistake; attempting to hamstring an "anti-figurehead" and thus an entire collective, by casting allusions of "Grooming". It was not "Journalists" that dug up the coffin nails.

And which groups does this now publicly shamed "Dog Whistling", "Alt-Righter", "Anti- Feminist", "GamerGater" end up discrediting? Just so.

Is it all just a comedy of errors? I wonder;

Perhaps Carl was an unwitting bulwark for the status quo. But a bulwark is exactly what he was. The "drama" will no doubt play out for a while longer. Meanwhile, Miss May does, what Miss May does.

In the end, it does not matter.
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time" and as can be seen, Carl's time is up.

I foresee a possible future for him as a "reformed" pundit in the MSM, though.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Zen wrote:His language was extremely ill advised and yes, perhaps it was his awkward "cool kid" attempt at speaking what he naively thought was the language of the ridiculous "Alt-Right".

Second fatal mistake; attempting to hamstring an "anti-figurehead" and thus an entire collective, by casting allusions of "Grooming". It was not "Journalists" that dug up the coffin nails.

And which groups does this now publicly shamed "Dog Whistling", "Alt-Righter", "Anti- Feminist", "GamerGater" end up discrediting? Just so.

Is it all just a comedy of errors? I wonder;

Perhaps Carl was an unwitting bulwark for the status quo. But a bulwark is exactly what he was. The "drama" will no doubt play out for a while longer. Meanwhile, Miss May does, what Miss May does.

In the end, it does not matter.
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time" and as can be seen, Carl's time is up.

I foresee a possible future for him as a "reformed" pundit in the MSM, though.
Jesus does anyone still even watch Sargon? I got bored of him doing the same video every time like...3 years ago. He literally just bandwagons on and insults whatever it is cool to insult at the time on Youtube. He is like Paul Joseph Watson but without the slight air of racism.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Illyrian wrote: Jesus does anyone still even watch Sargon? I got bored of him doing the same video every time like...3 years ago. He literally just bandwagons on and insults whatever it is cool to insult at the time on Youtube
Biggest reason why I stopped watching or reading the kosher assortment of YouTubers which keep appearing in my feed and other news sources like Breitbart.

After some point said news stops becoming news and ends up being a repeat of things I already know, on top of being presented with a spin more predictable than the Earth's orbit. Spare the thought crimes, the crime of being utterly boring is much worse.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Durandal wrote:
Illyrian wrote: Jesus does anyone still even watch Sargon? I got bored of him doing the same video every time like...3 years ago. He literally just bandwagons on and insults whatever it is cool to insult at the time on Youtube
Biggest reason why I stopped watching or reading the kosher assortment of YouTubers which keep appearing in my feed and other news sources like Breitbart.

After some point said news stops becoming news and ends up being a repeat of things I already know, on top of being presented with a spin more predictable than the Earth's orbit. Spare the thought crimes, the crime of being utterly boring is much worse.
To me there was a convergence of this about 3 years ago as I said, with all these channels popping up and doing the exact same thing where they say something with their channel icon on the screen and then go to a picture of a leftist with a silly look on their face for 30 minutes.

I watched a lot of them for about 6 months and then just got bored.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Man, watch those wagons being circled, after the face to face callout from Diablo fans at BlizzCon!

Here's one of my favourites!

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

sigh...

good ole "toxic masulinity" again. I thought that buzzword had died with the year 2017.

Also, Hot-Takes and What-if "journalism" are the scum of media/social networks. Bottom of the barrel trash. People who use that, shouldn't be taken seriously under any circumstance. What even is the point of hypothesis and what-if monolgues? and what are their value? I'll tell you what their value are. It's 0 zenny
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Here's a hot take:

The people who validate mobile gaming are an offshoot of condescending limousine liberalism. They get off on pretending to love something that they've associated with a heavily female audience.
freshtop

Post by freshtop »

icycalm exposing GamerGate in 2009: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

freshtop wrote:icycalm exposing GamerGate in 2009: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/
Who is Icycalm? and why should I care about him/her?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Zen wrote:Man, watch those wagons being circled, after the face to face callout from Diablo fans at BlizzCon!

Here's one of my favourites!

I posted that same picture on my Facebook timeline and Will actually made an appearance in the comments.

Here's a highlight:
Thought process is that mobile is a heavily female dominated market... Because it is. And that people are arbitrarily hating in that segment based on the connotation of that is... "They're making a game for this platform, it must be simplified garbage" without giving it a chance. I'm not saying that they're even aware that they're being misogynistic, just that the idea of hating a platform purely because it has a connotation of being female dominated is.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Strider77 wrote:I posted that same picture on my Facebook timeline and Will actually made an appearance in the comments.

Here's a highlight:
Thought process is that mobile is a heavily female dominated market... Because it is. And that people are arbitrarily hating in that segment based on the connotation of that is... "They're making a game for this platform, it must be simplified garbage" without giving it a chance. I'm not saying that they're even aware that they're being misogynistic, just that the idea of hating a platform purely because it has a connotation of being female dominated is.
Christ!

Or maybe, @WillJPowers', "thought process" is because;

Also;

Next up; x amount of x race, worked on Diablo Immortal. Gamers who wont buy, are racist.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's weird you guys care about professional trolls whose entire income stream comes from making people mad. It's literally the only way they can get clicks since they were rendered obsolete over a decade ago thanks to the internet taking off. Never really got into the whole "hate watch" thing.

Diablo: Immortal of course has nothing to do with expanding that franchise's audience with women. A game entirely built around the hunter-gatherer instinct and math, ain't ever going to appeal that much with them. It's an attempt of capturing nerds in China, but it'll probably fail since they already have the original version of the game this is a reskin of.

Being a Diablo fan has always been suffering. Eleven years we had to wait for Diablo 3. Which pleased some of the base, but not the grognards, largely. For some it's been four years since a meaningful release of new content has happened. To others, seventeen years.

The entire thing is like screaming at your customers to go to your competition or to just keep playing Diablo 2 mods. Anyone who isn't assuming Diablo 4 will be Diablo 3 but with less content is in denial.

.... This guy is ten thousand times more offensive to me than the paid shills.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Zen wrote:Image
I can't tell you how many people I've recruited to my Right-Wing Hate Group™ through Super Mario Bros.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BryanM wrote:It's weird you guys care about professional trolls whose entire income stream comes from making people mad. It's literally the only way they can get clicks since they were rendered obsolete over a decade ago thanks to the internet taking off. Never really got into the whole "hate watch" thing.
these people are sellouts and we call them out as... sellouts.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BryanM wrote:It's weird you guys care about professional trolls whose entire income stream comes from making people mad.
Really, BryanM, haven't you been using that interpretation, in the GG thread, for a while now?
Is it to much to ask for a little originality in your put-downs?
BryanM wrote: Never really got into the whole "hate watch" thing.
BryanM wrote:.... This guy is ten thousand times more offensive to me than the paid shills.
"Offensive", in a "hate watch" kinda way?
FinalBaton wrote:these people are sellouts and we call them out as... sellouts.
Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Nothing at all.
And if we can get some laughs while calling out their bad behaviour, all the better.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Zen wrote:"Offensive", in a "hate watch" kinda way?
Nah, I do not hate watching Diablo videos by Diablo fans. I really like that dyslexic bastard Xtimus's content sometimes - it really takes me back to when there was still new content left in Diablo 2 for me to explore. And the shared suffering of times like these is always cathartic.

Even the fat guy in the video actually cares about Diablo, no matter how misguided he may be as a person. Unlike the propagandists who are getting paid to shill and never cared about Diablo in the first place (which you don't either, or you'd be in the Diablo thread already talking about Diablo), and therefore can not be defined as "selling out" - This man paid a lot of money to apologize for the mild and well deserved joshing the corporation deserved.

Wait why am I even responding to this drivel. You're not interested in talking about anything. And have even less invested in this franchise than the shills do.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Zen wrote:Nothing at all.
And if we can get some laughs while calling out their bad behaviour, all the better.
Exactly.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

It's weird you guys care about professional trolls
He showed up on my timeline not the other way around. I found that "weird" but highly entertaining, especially since the first comment was by a female friend that said "Do people really think this? I thought we hated mobile gaming because it controls like ass and is full of F2P games?".

This whole thread is kind of a museum/tabloid to this sort thing isn't it? Yet here you are.... which is fine. Admittedly I'm drawn to shitshows.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

FinalBaton wrote:
freshtop wrote:icycalm exposing GamerGate in 2009: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/
Not worth going down that hole, trust me.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Hagane

Post by Hagane »

FinalBaton wrote:
A fraud in every sense of the word, and you shouldn't care.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Carpal tunnel syndrome from Diablo II is worse than feminism, u guys.

:mrgreen: