GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Re: GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

Post by Skykid »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I have to wonder how this will go, with the mass exodus of mods and (possibly) members.
Possibly? They've been diving like lemmings all day long.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Skykid wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:I have to wonder how this will go, with the mass exodus of mods and (possibly) members.
Possibly? They've been diving like lemmings all day long.
Members too? If so, they might as well make a new site, like 8Chan coming out of 4Chan.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Seems to be quite a bit of invective re: their Off Topic forum's deletion. I liked this particular bit of savage, almost biblical puerility. :mrgreen:

Pinhead from Hellraiser is not well pleased :shock: :lol: What seamless tonal sweep! From visions of decay and mortal despair, to cartoonishly vile body horror, to the cold-cockingly brutal signoff "FUCK FACE." Near literature. Image

I commiserate in a way. I would be sad to see this place's OT disappear. I like you guys a lot. 3;

edit: DONT GET ANY IDEAS YOU DAMN DIRTY GAF/OT WEIRDOS (・`W´・)
Last edited by BIL on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Any posters on that site who didn't care about e-drama between literal-whos, flabby journalists, and virginal white knights and cared more about da gaemz (spec.: the shumps) would be more than welcome here.

Though maybe it will be good for that rebooted forum if all the hand-wringing beta-bois avoided its "toxic" atmosphere.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Strange story, after the shower incident she left her boyfriend and they had a short relation so she ended up with him, he took her to E3 where they shared a room but the relation ended and now she complained about the shower incident on her facebook .
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

The notion that Tyler Malka/neoGAF was felled by the unprovable allegations of a random bunny-boiler, is ridiculous.

Equally absurd, is the farcical sight of Tylers zealot mods/staff, true believers one and all, jumping ship over mere accusations.
Far worse has been revealed about him in recent times without so much as a peep from staff or members.

If I had to guess, (and this is just my opinion) I would say Tyler is dealing with a far more serious and developing set of events, that may or may not come to fruition, snapped under pressure and ran with what
he believed would be a preemptive distraction which also afforded his mods a timely exit route (it all becomes clear when you take enough of this);
Spoiler
Then again; there might have been so many sleeper/rogue accounts on neoGAF waiting for just such an event, that the ensuing apparent mutiny caused mr Malka to shit his pants
and behave behind the scenes in a manner so unhinged, that his staff jumped ship (It should be apparent to all by now, that Tyler Malka is terminally autistic)

But did he really REEEEEEE the golden goose to death?

Not buying it.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Lol, hey Adam, I've got an idea: why don't you cut your balls off too while you're at it?

I mean fuck it, you may as well castrate yourself just to outline your sincerity over the apology. Women everywhere will feel better knowing that you can't 'prey' on them when your nuts are in a freezer bag.

What a doof. Guy asked some chicks online to whip out their cans and send a snap so he could get off, then comes clean like he's raped his best friend's mother.

Newsflash asshole: your testosterone levels are normal. Men like pussy, and that won't be changing tomorrow. Men also like variety meaning one pussy isn't going to cut it until you've one foot in the grave; checking out women on the internet behind your girlfriend or partner's back happens to be a way of life for most men. It's not a weird thing.

And more importantly, we don't fucking care. You do what you do in your private life and you deal with it in your way, whether there's fallout or otherwise. Every time I have relationship issues I don't feel like broadcasting them over the internet, and you encouraging women to send nipple shots ain't news.

Also I don't even know who this guy is and I don't care, I only appreciate the fact he's keeping me entertained with yet more hilarious internet reality drama.
Last edited by Skykid on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Bananamatic wrote:another male "feminist" apologizing
the ride never ends
Basically what Skykid said.
So, guy gets fame, asks female groupies for nude pics, some oblige and so he is an abuser? Jesus wept.

This is certainly one of the more craven apologies of this type; he has failed at being "a feminist and ally" and is "focusing on getting professional help" :shock: What a cunt!
Its shameless fuckers like this that propagate the current Weinsteinian madness.

Also; I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around this "WhatCulture Wrestling" shtick.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:The evidence is a bit thin, but regardless, his defense is...beautiful:
It really is - he pulled that lever without hesistation. :lol:

Girl: "J'accuse!"
Guy: "Oh yeah bitch?!" *CLAMPS MOUTH AROUND NEAREST COCK*

Spoiler
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah, WTF? He totally stole that guy's move, with added Hollywood Paedo Factor! :shock: :lol:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Just checking in to see on how things are going with NeoGAF.

Have they lost a lot of members. I heard a bunch of them started another forum. Sorry if it's been talked about...I'm too lazy to read all the pages. :lol:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Things have stabilised to each side calling the other Nazis, pretty much. :wink:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

BIL wrote:Things have stabilised to each side calling the other Nazis, pretty much. :wink:
Stabilized?! I guess they just couldn't pull away from their circle jerk.

Well, at least we didn't have them flooding into every other site. NeoGAF is sorta like a containment unit. Like the one in Ghostbusters. :lol:
BIL

Post by BIL »

I like to think of sites like GAF and their satellites more along the lines of The Human Centipede. :wink: Ideological coprophages that, mercifully, lack the immune systems or tolerance for sunlight to survive long outside their burrows. Look how Amirox burst into flames on contact with air, after so many years coated in protective mucous film. :O

Ooh guvna! House of Cards got shitcanned. That was quick.

Meanwhile, The Guardian's Marina Hyde has been gamely gnawing on Harvey Weinstein's hippo-like carcass. Stunningly brave journalism! I can see why they need my money. They've even helpfully compiled a running list of Weinstein's accusers. Strangely enough, it includes that TALENTLESS WHORE MYLEENE KLASS, whose credibility on the matter Ms. Hyde TOTALLY PWNED way back in 2010!
LOST IN SHOWBIZ wrote:According to Myleene, a married megastar recently attempted to make her his legally formalised bit on the side. "About six months ago," she claims this week, "a newly married Hollywood star asked me to sign some kind of sex contract with him."

"I met him a few times," continues Myleene, who presents a film show on CNN, "and when I went to interview him it was like something out of a film." The Secret Life of Walter Mitty? But forgive me. I think Myleene was thinking more along the lines of Indecent Proposal.

"We were having lunch, and as the starter arrived, he launched into it... Then his PA came over with a confidentiality contract. I just thought: 'Oh my God, your poor wife.'"

Yes, poor cow, and so on. If this all sounds faintly familiar, it's perhaps because it was only a couple of months ago that milady announced that she'd been propositioned by three separate stars, explaining: "One would bring down Hollywood if it ever got out."

Mmm. Paramount, Disney, Warner Bros, James Cameron, Universal, Fox... Mister Spielberg, can you hear me? Mister Spielberg, not only would your boys take a hell of a beating, but your Babylonian citadel of money and power and flickering dreams would fall – fall, I tell you! – if it ever emerged who had maybe tried to have it off with third-string British telly presenter Myleene Klass.
HAHA YEAH THATS TRUE MARINA, WHAT A C-LIST CUNT M I RITE. Hooray for Hollywood!
Cynthia Burr wrote:What are you going to do when you are a girl just trying to make it as an actress? Nobody would have believed me.
STFU BITCH - AND ALSO, GET ME A SAMMICH LMAO

Thank you for the moral instruction, Guardian! Who could ever mistake you or the British press at large for vapid snark merchants with the journalistic pedigree of starving hyenas? Giving a bloated sack of shit like Weinstein a right good mauling now he's been safely crippled is almost as inspiring as that time you brought Jimmy Savile's rotting corpse to justice.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

There is no hell hot enough for the Fourth Estate. Fuckers always stay afloat, like shit in a flood.
This very thread is testament to their fuckery.

That Guardian list is practically Brass Eye.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I wonder what Chris Morris must think of all this. Always seemed a sensitive chap to me - I don't imagine he relishes the vindication. :[ We've already got Parkinsons-addled George HW Bush up on charges - that's damn near Stephen Hawking, and an IRL twisted brain-wrong from a roboplaegic wrongcock! :O

And on that bombshell! Great principle brings great changes at NeoGAF, as in the wake of their admin getting his collar felt by the slaughter machine he so long harboured, the site goes from coddling literal fuckin paedos like Amirox to all-out STAIRWELL NONCE-BASHING mode. Good job guys! Try to whack the next few as well - that would be great! Image

Along similar lines, now that even the boss knows he isn't safe from an eviscerating backfire, it's time to dial down the horsepower! "Guys, let's be reasonable, please!" They're all going to be very very nice to each other. NICE AS FUCK BOYEEE

Yo! It is like they are trying to be ordinary dirty plebs! But cannae the goode shippe GAF take tha pressha, capn?! Or will it be torn apart from within by its own tetchy crew?! I wonder how the rehab will go. Fascinating! :O
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Well! That's quite the rollback on his initial statement.
Perhaps, he is making sure his site appears in working order pending sale.
Showing weakness and chumming the ever increasing number of sharks in the NeoGAF kiddie pool does not seem a sound strategy though.
Then again, the chap lives on "Homeworld-Tyler-Malka-one", just round the bend from planet NeoGAF, so its hard to say.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Another one; https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/10/a ... ons/41358/

BIL wrote:Great principle brings great changes at NeoGAF, as in the wake of their admin getting his collar felt by the slaughter machine he so long harboured, the site goes from coddling literal fuckin paedos like Amirox to all-out STAIRWELL NONCE-BASHING mode. Good job guys! Try to whack the next few as well - that would be great!
The old fake job promise routine, eh? https://medium.com/@mombot/anthony-w...r-17e3e737702a Such an enterprising chap! I particularly liked the handles "@thebackloghero" and "@cumfordxddy" :lol:
"Male Feminist" indeed!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Yet another "male-feminist" who abuses women. Great. Just great
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Louis C.K. is the next one apparently
gonna laugh my ass off if it's colbert at some point too
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Whats the deal with Louis CK? I thought he was /our guy/. Isn't he the person that said:
The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.
If only more people followed his advice, we wouldn't have microaggressions, "mansplaining" and people protesting sushi in the cafeteria. No wonder feminists want him gone.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Durandal

Post by Durandal »

+2 to Wisdom, -2 to Charisma. You lose five levels and 50% of your wealth. You may draw again.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Well!

The shat wins again?
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Will Wheaton when?
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Durandal

Post by Durandal »

BIGNEWS over at IGN!
Prominent staff at the gaming site IGN say they’ve walked out today in the wake of allegations late last week that a former editor sexually harassed two women at the company.

“There won’t be a Daily Fix today because a large group of IGN employees have refused to work until the company issues a statement/apology regarding what happened to Kallie Plagge,” IGN’s Alanah Pearce wrote on Twitter this afternoon, referring to a former co-worker who on Friday had accused the company’s HR department of mistreating her. The Daily Fix is IGN’s regular news show.

On Friday night, Plagge said on Twitter that while working in promotions at IGN last year, she and another female employee were sexually harassed by former editor Vince Ingenito. In her tweet, and in an interview with Kotaku on Saturday, Plagge said that she saw Ingenito as a mentor but grew gradually uncomfortable when he made sexual remarks and “manipulative and abusive comments” toward her and one of her co-workers, whose name she did not want used without that woman’s permission. One example Plagge brought up on Twitter: “‘When I was your age I could go all night.’ He put his hand on my arm. ‘I just want one more night like that.’”

Shortly afterward, Ingenito wrote a lengthy response on Twitter, saying that he “overestimated or perhaps misread the degree of our friendship” and “didn’t graphically describe anything or force sexual conversations on her or anyone.”

Despite widespread discussion of this incident on social media since Friday evening, IGN has not publicly commented. The company did not respond to a Kotaku request for comment over the weekend and has not yet put out any statement.

What bothered Plagge the most, she said during a phone call, was what happened after she and her co-worker reported the incident to IGN’s human resources department in July 2016. Plagge said that she and the other woman were told to sit and work in a glass conference room—“a fishbowl”—while IGN decided what to do. Then, Plagge said, she was forced to sign a document saying that she had conducted herself inappropriately, without being told what she had done.
The document, which Plagge shared with Kotaku, stated: “With regards to the investigation of harassment, evidence was presented to show a lack of professionalism in your part as well as others. Communication between you and Vince were both inappropriate, unprofessional, and violated our harassment policy.”

“That is the worst thing about this, is not the harassment, it’s what happened after,” Plagge said. “I deeply deeply regret [contacting HR]. It was just an absolutely traumatic experience for me.”

Plagge said she felt anxious and uncomfortable at work in the following months, until she decided in December 2016 to leave for a new job at GameSpot. “It got to the point where I couldn’t work for multiple hours a day because I was having panic attacks, so I decided to quit,” she said.

In March 2017, Ingenito said that he was laid off from IGN.

Two IGN employees told me today that the editorial staff met this morning. During that meeting, employees fumed at management about both their treatment of Plagge and silence over this incident. “We had a large staff meeting this morning and ultimately said we weren’t going to work until the company issues a statement,” said one IGN employee. “They said they will, and didn’t think our protest was unreasonable.”

IGN social editor Cassidee Moser also chimed in on Twitter. “Today has been a very somber and humbling day at IGN,” she wrote. “Everyone is outraged and demanding changes be made to protect people going forward. I find the way her case was handled to be reprehensible. But after speaking to many in management and editorial today, I am encouraged.”

UPDATE (6:14pm): This afternoon, IGN put out a statement from its editorial staff, noting up front that it was written by the website’s content team and “not by management or legal or anyone else.”
The full statement:

To the gaming and entertainment community:
It is with great sadness, pain, and regret that we tell you that IGN has failed two of its female employees, one former and one current – both of whom the team cares deeply about. We are devastated that two of our own have had to live with and carry this pain for more than a year.
When the women made management and human resources aware of the situation involving a now-former employee, those women, in the estimation of the IGN team, did not get the respect and care that they deserved as IGN employees and as people. That system, plainly put, failed them. It especially failed them but it also failed all of us.

All of us have been wounded deeply by this – though again, our suffering is nothing compared to those of our two beloved friends – and this morning we addressed the open wound directly with our management team and human resources representative in an emotional, difficult, but ultimately productive two-hour meeting, where any and all voices were heard.

We care deeply about what we do, and we hope our passion for video games and entertainment shines through in our articles, videos, and podcasts every day. But we care even more deeply about each other, and we will continue to fight to make this right for the past, present, and certainly the future. Any future allegations will be taken extremely seriously, and we are actively working to ensure that everyone on our team feels like they work in a safe environment; we will not tolerate the exclusion or mistreatment of any people. The human resources representative who oversaw this situation originally is no longer with the company, and our current HR rep has been transparent and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions for how to create a better work environment going forward.

We are aware of the influence that IGN has in the gaming and entertainment community, and we will utilize that to the best of our abilities going forward. And we will continue to challenge our management and human resources teams to fix what is broken, because if we can’t or if we don’t, then IGN will no longer be a place we’re proud to call home – as content creators, entertainment consumers, and as gamers.

Sincerely,

The IGN Team
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

god bless weinstein for starting this off
I hope it never ends