GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
evil_ash_xero

Re: GamerGate - and it's continuing aftermath.

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'm totally behind on this thread.

But I wanted to say....has anyone noticed how dead NeoGAF is now? I mean, I thought they were gonna die completely when that scandal happened. But they came back. But I'll go there to get some news, and the same shit will be on the main page for a week.

Does anyone know how many members they lost? Because that place used to just fly, when it cam to posts.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sorry bud, no clue. Was only ever in it for the Wudenfreude tbh. :sad:

Speaking of! My waifu has been crowing about her part in getting Nolan Bushnell retroactively declared a slavering sex monster by twitter stasi, because he had a hot tub BITD and liked girls, or something.

This leads to my favourite kind of Wu-watching, "Discount Buffalo Bill vs Disgusted Woman." Image

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Bri-Bri is fucked up beyond belief :lol:

But HEY, she decided that Bushnell was a rapist and that's THAT. (Nevermind what women who actually worked there have to say :lol: )

Oh well, gotta capitalize on the #metoo movement to benefit your political campaign, eh Bri-Bri? You won't let a silly little thing like "these allegations not been proven" get in the way, hmmm? YOU A FIERCE WOMYN. SO STONG
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Funnily enough, Wu's sugar daddy Frank has had quite the abuse allegations leveled at him, too. Certainly kosher by the lofty standards of #weinsteinfuckedmeinthemouthtoo. And unlike Bushnell's ordeal at the hands of Inquisitor BriBri, Frank's been accused by an actual woman! *badumpf!*

Ha! What a surprise mirite. Unchallenged hypocrisy is this creep's oxygen. I wonder if the spark of journalistic inquiry that brings the whole snarling facade down will ever appear, at this point.

"Understands tech," still hasn't patched the game-ending bug in her sole "tech" endeavour to date. Image

WHERE'S THE PATCH YOU SCAMMING CUNT (・`W´・)

I won't let this go. Image It's too late for my fellow Rev60: SPED fans, but it's never too late for justice and revenge. Image
BIL

Post by BIL »

*CRUCIAL DANGER UPDATE*

The rehabilitation of the criminal Nolan?! :o

#HotTubGate: The Return (a video, also article)

Image Image Image

I wonder if THA NAMELESS VICTIMZ might materialise. Image I think at this point, they really need to! Otherwise, gaming's purported "#metoo moment" might start looking like... yet more Wu grift?! :shock:
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

I fully support John Walker Flynt in everything he does.
Whether that be claiming sole victory over the alt-right, being the cause and ultimate victor in GamerGate, being a celebrated game developer,
humanity's only hope in the political area or indeed, his role playing as a woman.

Every organism is encoded with the script of its own destruction.
John's true talent is in being a fully realised Reaper to everything that he touches. He is the punchline at the very end of all absurdity.
He is the retard God of the new Aeon, the "Fool" of Tarot fame.

Long may he reign.

Also; All hail Bill the butcher!
The high priest jester of WU.

One of the few initiates that hold the sacred knowledge, that to kill a thing one must love it . . . to death.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Zen wrote:John's true talent is in being a fully realised Reaper to everything that he touches.
Aided by an uncanny parasitic instinct to survive, even thrive, by latching onto only the most richly deserving marks. Image If Wu is scuttling around nearby, something is rotten within.

Speaking of!

Box quote pls Disney. Image A WuTastic Journey indeed. A movie where incompetent women fuck everything up, and a man must begrudgingly wade in to salvage things? That's practically Revolution 60: SPED's dev diary.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I think what Wu did to Nolan Bushnell the other week was the absolute zenith of reprehensibility. I didn't think such a cretinous individual could possibly stoop to new lows until I watched Twitter do a slow motion implosion around Wu's completely contextless and grossly unfair character assassination of one of gaming's most prominent pioneers, just for the sake of keeping her victim credit topped up for the future.

Because of course, when considering pioneers in tech, there are none more virtuous than Wu, which automatically makes Wu's Rev:60 the most virtuous and important of games.

Fucking trash I tell you, these people deserve to be flayed in public.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BIL

Post by BIL »

Echoing Wu's weaseling in the video a couple posts up:

"It's not about me! I only slandered him! Go after GDC, they're the ones you want! REEEE!" Image

STUNNINGLY SHAMELESS (・`ω´・)

This is really top-shelf stuff. I hope the inevitable "GAMERGATE NINJAS CHASED ME OUT OF MY HOUSE" campaign exit is executed with the same verve!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Lol. love it. It's only about "Nolan's official statements from back in the day". Except that you've fucking blown these statements out of proportions Bri-Bri :lol:

All that is said in his statements(and I've read them), is that Nolan invited females workers in the jacuzzi. OH THE HORROR! Chop his cock off! :O

Yet you've slendered him real good, didn't you Bri-Bri :lol:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I haven't taken a poop today.

This is relevant to twitter thread dedicated to screaming about an obscure twitter poster with no power and no voice.

Here is a Glenn McCoy cartoon that is syndicated to all the newspapers in the country.

McCoy is a paid consultant on Minions stuff.

You're welcome.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'm sorry Bryan, I'm not seeing the relevance of your personal army request to the ongoing gaming autism war. :[ We deal in gaming fraudsters here, with trifling matters like race and gender strictly incidental to the art of the scam. I'd try to up the number of cocks (black or otherwise) in my OFFICIAL Wu reports to the Bush thread's preference - but then the daft bugger went and lopped his off years ago to LARP as a white woman, so I'm sure you understand the difficulty there. It's just not on the menu!

By the way Bryan, strictly off-topic, why has that cartoonist drawn all his obviously white characters in appropriated hood couture? Image That's really problematic, tbh.

Oh well. If you're having trouble keeping up with my client's regular TV appearances btw, I'd be happy to assist! She is not hard to find! Image Here she is on the "Bloomberg TV" earlier this week, enjoying one of her usual no-fuss rimmings as the "Strong Woman of Tech." Please pardon the "RealDoll For Necrophiliacs" effect of my client's makeup, the lighting was not good that week! :[

Last edited by BIL on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

"RealDoll for Necrophiliacs" :lol:

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

What exactly is wrong with calling out a shady character?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Because while we're lampooning gaming media's sacred cows in here...

RACISM EXISTS ELSEWHERE (・`ω´・)

LEAVE BRIANNA ALONE AND BOYCOTT "MINIONS"

:lol:
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

BIL wrote: Image
I'm not sure which is worse: the "Fuck you, dad" hairdo that's typical of snowflakes like her or the fact that she contributes to the cancer that is Extra Credits.
BIL wrote: Image
I thought the Soylent Grin was exclusive to insecure beta males.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL

Post by BIL »

Surprisingly journalistic article by Kotaku, which does the generosity of interviewing women employed by Bushnell instead of making up fictional ones. :O I'm moved tbh. Good job Kotaku, you are not quite as bad as Brianna Wu.

However it's a third talent of Wu's I'm most tickled by this lazy evening! She can make even the uptightest, no-fun muhfuckas lose their cool and go cannibal! :shock: They're eating her, and then they're gonna eat each other! Oh mah gawwwd! Good job to you too Wu. In your own shambolic way, you might just be a force for reconciliation. Despite your best efforts. Image
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL wrote: They're eating her, and then they're gonna eat each other! Oh mah gawwwd! Good job to you too Wu. In your own shambolic way, you might just be a force for reconciliation. Despite your best efforts.
Is this not the final secret of the WU?

This is why I support J. Dubya FOR 2018!
GO TEAM WU!!
BIL

Post by BIL »

The saga continues!

ATTACK ON NOLAN: DER WIMMEN STRIKE BACK

"For whom is the sword drawn?"

Now, the web of intrigue includes infamous spastic Dean "Cuphead Tutorial" Takahashi, whose journalistic credibility would seem to be every bit as sound as his platforming skills. :o

This is great television. Image I've always maintained, Wu is cringe masterpiece Alan Partridge come to life - the only differences are happenstance. Chiefly wealth - that most potent of sparks to a bitter incompetent's bubbling vat of neuroses! Is it truly the blind hand of fate engineering this sustained precision idiocy? I do hope so.

---

I love MSNBC. Image

We're hitting levels of panto that shouldn't be possible.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

http://shoryuken.com/2018/03/12/justin- ... nd-kayane/
Justin Wong to star in a fighting game comedy film “Last Hit” with UFC fighter Elias Theodorou and Kayane

In a bit of news nobody expected, Echo Fox|Justin Wong is set to star in a feature comedy film that places Street Fighter V at the centerpiece. Titled Last Hit, the movie involves a UFC competitor — Elias Theodorou — as well as known FGC personalities Kayane, Luffy, and Zhi Lang Chew (Zhieeep)!

The plot centers around Theodorou’s character, Denis Bergeron: an MMA fighter who competes in his discipline until a tragic accident befalls him. He turns to esports and begins playing Street Fighter V. He finds “a new love and new friends” in the FGC, but also encounters a rival, Chris Ballard (possibly played by Justin Wong…?). Ballard is described as a “personification of GamerGate” and humiliates the ex-FGC fighter, who then must train for a chance to redeem himself at a showdown later in the movie.

For now, details are slim. Justin Wong recorded a message for the fans on the movie’s website:

The film is currently in production, and is expected to land in 2019.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL

Post by BIL »

Chris Ballard (possibly played by Justin Wong…?). Ballard is described as a “personification of GamerGate”
There's only one man for the job.

If there's any justice in the world, the role of plucky hero will go to my waifu Brianna. Her FG tournament cred is every bit as accomplished and thoroughly documented as her background in journalism and software engineering!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Was just thinking of this clip, lol.

And of course I knew you would be campaigning HARD for your ultimate crush, Briana Wu.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

Every time I think of Justin Wong, I think of that gif where he rubs that little girl's shoulders.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL wrote:TFW Brass Eye happens IRL
Channel 4 deliver the goods again; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb6-xz-geH4

Re. the pink-haired, nose ringed, problem-be-glassed culture warrior, even the Gaurdian's; "I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’", tabloid level, chicken-little fuckery,
must take second place to Africanseer's legend; "How a gay vegan created the software which helped bring about Brexit", which goes on to say,
"A gay Canadian vegan who studied fashion trends in university created the powerful software tool which harvested 50 million Facebook profiles and is credited with electing Donald Trump and passing Brexit." :lol:

Gotta watch out for those evil gay, Canadian, vegans, man! They will fuck you up! :lol:

"The Culture Wars", eh? Tsch!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

So in case you've been living under a rock, an apparently (undeserved) backlash occurred before Ready Player One's theatrical release based on trailers or something, which has now started dissipating after it came out because it seems like people actually like it.

That didn't stop several shitheap websites, one of which is garbage dump Vox, from trying to tie in the gamer aspects of RPO with a now nearly forgotten hashtag, Gamergate, just so they could critique the entire thing as toxic, toxic, toxic, toxic, toxic (I think that word is used in the article about 5 times) and anti women or whatever the agenda is today. Several other lesser shitheap sites that nobody cares about because they have no credibility tried to drum up their clicks by referencing and then rewriting the Vox article as if it actually had some relevant meaning.

They all just forgot that the entire RPO thing is a fun romp of 80s nostalgia written for people who grew up in a far better era than these silver-spoon eating, green hair wearing, face pierced fatso losers. Which is probably why they so mad.

I absolutely won't link you to the Vox article or any other, because I don't think their shitbait drivel deserves any more clicks, but I will point you to the literary superior OneAngryGamer who outlines everything clearly enough:

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/03/s ... ate/55013/

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Didn't know about that particular whining from these garbage sites. But then again I'm not surprised

Man, Vox is such a fucking cesspool. Same with Buzzfeed *shudders*
Gawker was something else too, thankfully it is GONE.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Skykid wrote:Fucking trash I tell you, these people deserve to be flayed in public.
We live in an era where someone like Sarah Palin can nearly become VP, only to have Trump become President, in spite of an alarming breadth of evidence that both were fundamentally unfit for the job. Society currently does not reward people who display professionalism or even competence, and in the trite popularity contest era we live in I fully expect Brianna Wu has good chance of becoming a successful politician. Not in the "actually does a decent job" sense, but the fact that she's successful at being considered to be election material at all.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Society currently does not reward people who display professionalism or even competence, and in the trite popularity contest era we live in I fully expect Brianna Wu has good chance of becoming a successful politician. Not in the "actually does a decent job" sense, but the fact that she's successful at being considered to be election material at all.
Are you actually coming in here, in an election year and saying that he is not the best man for the job??!