shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 am 

professor ganson wrote:
Udderdude wrote:
So Stern's latest table is .. The Munsters. Based on the 60's TV show. Not sure who this is supposed to appeal to, but the table itself looks pretty good. Some versions have the lower playfield, some don't. Gameplay footage from Deadflip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4x1ASC1o-E

Yeah, that's a head-scratcher as a theme but it looks like good times. That's interesting that some versions lack the lower playfield. I didn't realize that versions of the same table could differ that much.

You've never seen AC/DC?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 am 

I've played AC/DC a few times, but I've only ever seen one version of it. Nice game even though the theme doesn't do much for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:26 am 

So no one's gonna comment on the fact that Stern designed a new sequel to the Black Knight pinball tables?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/408680148
(I love how chill and low-key this demonstration feels, despite the professional setup. Gary Stern joins on the side, and you get to see Steve Ritchie play his own game)

Is this like the first Stern table ever to not be based on an external license? (but rather an existing Pinball license)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm 

Yeah I think this is the first Stern not using a license in almost 20 years. Excited to play it, but only the premium and LE since it’s BK and damn, BK should have an upper playfield! We’ll see on Friday but all signs point to the new Jersey Jack game Willy Wonka being out of this world.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 pm 

Yeah this seems completely designed for the home/collector/enthusiast market, which is a testament to how big that has become.
The target group, as I'm assuming, is existing pinball fans. As opposed to the typical approach of slapping a popular license on something (like Game of Thrones) and expecting bars and amusement parks to pick them up for the general population.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10