Windows 10

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Xyga

Re: Windows 10

Post by Xyga »

Man I don't know what's your purpose beyond being extremely annoying, I come here discussing the recent events with 10 telling the precise circumstances and what I've experienced with people and putting myself in a similar situation, something real and actual, and you come circling around everything I say nitpicking saying no, no, no it's the same, not it's not, blah blah blah 7 nag nag nag me too, etc but don't actually have anything to say on that topic precisely, not helping quite the opposite, I think you're just looking for any reason technical past or semantic to say no to me regardless of the context I've brought up here.

What the fuck?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Xyga wrote:Man I don't know what's your purpose beyond being extremely annoying, I come here discussing the recent events with 10 telling the precise circumstances and what I've experienced with people and putting myself in a similar situation, something real and actual, and you come circling around everything I say nitpicking saying no, no, no it's the same, not it's not, blah blah blah 7 nag nag nag me too, etc but don't actually have anything to say on that topic precisely, not helping quite the opposite, I think you're just looking for any reason technical past or semantic to say no to me regardless of the context I've brought up here.

What the fuck?
I was pointing out an inaccuracy you were unaware of (Windows 7 having the same UI issues and eventually CPU/RAM usage issues Windows 10 has) and then you started going on about how you haven't noticed it so it can't be true. I have noticed it. I've observed it multiple times. It's not something that's up to your personal belief. It's a problem that's real with Windows 7 Update.

I am not trying to annoy you. But what you're doing to me now it's the equivalent of saying input lag doesn't exist because you've never noticed it.

If you say "Fine, maybe Windows 7 Update sometimes have those issues too", then I would have nothing to say no to. You can feel free to go on how it happens more in Windows 10 (not my experience, but whatever), but saying it can't happen in Windows 7 because you've never noticed it...

As a side note, you did revive this topic but you didn't exactly start a specific conversation with your revival so you blaming me for going off topic discussing updates when there were two people I directly replied to and one that I indirectly talked to were also discussing updates is also pretty aggravating.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

ZellSF wrote:As a side note, you did revive this topic but you didn't exactly start a specific conversation with your revival so you blaming me for going off topic discussing updates when there were two people I directly replied to and one that I indirectly talked to were also discussing updates is also pretty aggravating.
I did, you've certainly missed it:
Xyga wrote:Necro for a follow up to my win 10 rant here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36060&start=8520
Which we had been discussing for about 2 pages and I didn't want to monopolize the little things thread more.
But it's obvious Im about this win 10 issue with updates and in particular creators update and discussing solutions. or were you skipping that also?

You didn't confirm once you've dealt exactly with that problem, on 10, with the looping shit etc, I expose a clear topic and my experiences with seraching solutions, yet you argue about mine or yours past experiences with 7, and I did underline I may have not noticed the same issues because of that difference in behaviour (100% right from downloading and a number) and I don't give a fuck that you're saying is true or not, maybe YOU have been unlucky.

Now did you yes or no yourself deal with the issue I was discussing on 10, with similar configurations, with the loop and blocked everything including access to recovery etc?
There's tons of places and people on the internet talking about the win 10 updates hell and the stuck fall creators that's even worse than the win 10 migration, and no it wasn't the same with the previous cumulative updates.

With you ever circling around what I'm talking about and arguing about 7, YES I am indeed wondering wtf is your deal, besides pretending you know it all but not providing a single response. I'm not talking about 7, i'm not talking about similar issues on 7, not talking about similar issues with bottom end hardware issues with 7 etc.

Fucking hell how could you miss that and be so persistent believing you're not annoying the hell out of me there?

Now if you're so expert, I'M ALL EARS (well...eyes). How do you break the loop when you can't even access anything? God I have had force-restart one at least 10 times before I could even access the bios and use a bloody thumb drive.
And yet the so-called miraculous thumb drive didn't help me and refused to install the creator's update. What's the correct thing to do since the whole fucking internet pretends it's fine with it? I could use it only later to launch the install from the desktop on another pc which doesn't answser my problem. wtf is wrong? can you answer that?
What's the best solution to deal with those probelmatic huge cumulative updates that won't install on shitty 10 laptops with not enough free disk space?
What's the best preventive solution to control the updates on Home? use the limited connectivity trick I've mentioned? or a thing like wushowhide.diagcab if it's still working (have yet to try it)?

Etc, you know it's tyring to have people preach and pretend they know it all on windows and realize most of them are just fucking hot hair, when in practice you're there with that clusterfuck they put in front of you and nothing goes like what like maybe 19 in 20 so-called advisers, articles and official faqs pretend it should, then you develop a fine nose for bullshitters.

So again can you speak with your pretended skills and knowledge about what I am talking about? and no fucking win 7. it is NOT windows 7, don't assume it'll away be the same, I've experienced looping updates problems before, but never that bad. I have specified the circumstances, the hardware conditions, described what happens, in details now at least twice for each.
Just read me and think before you answer mr repairman sort of.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

While I had a couple of issues with Windows Update on Windows 7, on Windows 10 (Pro!) it failed literally out of the box and I had little more option than to pray it got there in the end. It was trying to install updates while prerequiste ones were waiting on a reboot to finalise. That fall creators update took 3 attempts before it worked and didn't give me any useful info when it failed - and the internet was full of people with the same issue, across all manner of devices (mine a Surface Pro 2017).

Windows 7 was an easy but not quick (manually download a bunch of monthly security rollups until the thing breaking Windows Update was reinstalled) or quick and a bit dubious (delete a bunch of files, losing my update history but restoring my ability to install updates) fix. I don't think either of those routes are an option anymore - certainly the feature updates being a new Windows version is a daft decision given it introduces all kinds of unnecessary risk factors, bringing it so frequently as new hardware is released/old hardware is increasingly obsoleted.

Windows Update has never been the most reliable of things, but on Windows 10 it definitely seems a step down. Further limiting what you can and can't do isn't especially helpful. Nor is a half-baked UI layer that houses most common options but you find yourself back at ye olde Control Panel to get anything advanced. And certainly nor is feature updates being a new Windows version. It's all a bit of a step back, considering the rest of the OS (mire of privacy hilarity aside) is actually pretty neat. Like Windows 8 before it, it will run better than Win 7 on a potato and that's a nice direction for bloated old Windows to commit to.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Xyga wrote:
ZellSF wrote:As a side note, you did revive this topic but you didn't exactly start a specific conversation with your revival so you blaming me for going off topic discussing updates when there were two people I directly replied to and one that I indirectly talked to were also discussing updates is also pretty aggravating.
I did, you've certainly missed it:
Xyga wrote:Necro for a follow up to my win 10 rant here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36060&start=8520
That seemed very focused on updates too? I'm not seeing a clear conversation thread there either. Still not sure how talking about updates is off-topic. In talking about specific flaws of the Windows 10 update system in a Windows 10 topic, it seems very relevant to mention that two of the problems you've mentioned have always been that way in Windows 7. Calling them Windows 10 specific issues is misleading.
Xyga wrote:Which we had been discussing for about 2 pages and I didn't want to monopolize the little things thread more.
But it's obvious Im about this win 10 issue with updates and in particular creators update and discussing solutions. or were you skipping that also?

You didn't confirm once you've dealt exactly with that problem, on 10, with the looping shit etc, I expose a clear topic and my experiences with seraching solutions, yet you argue about mine or yours past experiences with 7, and I did underline I may have not noticed the same issues because of that difference in behaviour (100% right from downloading and a number) and I don't give a fuck that you're saying is true or not, maybe YOU have been unlucky.

Now did you yes or no yourself deal with the issue I was discussing on 10, with similar configurations, with the loop and blocked everything including access to recovery etc?
There's tons of places and people on the internet talking about the win 10 updates hell and the stuck fall creators that's even worse than the win 10 migration, and no it wasn't the same with the previous cumulative updates.

With you ever circling around what I'm talking about and arguing about 7, YES I am indeed wondering wtf is your deal, besides pretending you know it all but not providing a single response. I'm not talking about 7, i'm not talking about similar issues on 7, not talking about similar issues with bottom end hardware issues with 7 etc.

Fucking hell how could you miss that and be so persistent believing you're not annoying the hell out of me there?

Now if you're so expert, I'M ALL EARS (well...eyes). How do you break the loop when you can't even access anything? God I have had force-restart one at least 10 times before I could even access the bios and use a bloody thumb drive.
And yet the so-called miraculous thumb drive didn't help me and refused to install the creator's update. What's the correct thing to do since the whole fucking internet pretends it's fine with it? I could use it only later to launch the install from the desktop on another pc which doesn't answser my problem. wtf is wrong? can you answer that?
What's the best solution to deal with those probelmatic huge cumulative updates that won't install on shitty 10 laptops with not enough free disk space?
What's the best preventive solution to control the updates on Home? use the limited connectivity trick I've mentioned? or a thing like wushowhide.diagcab if it's still working (have yet to try it)?

Etc, you know it's tyring to have people preach and pretend they know it all on windows and realize most of them are just fucking hot hair, when in practice you're there with that clusterfuck they put in front of you and nothing goes like what like maybe 19 in 20 so-called advisers, articles and official faqs pretend it should, then you develop a fine nose for bullshitters.

So again can you speak with your pretended skills and knowledge about what I am talking about? and no fucking win 7. it is NOT windows 7, don't assume it'll away be the same, I've experienced looping updates problems before, but never that bad. I have specified the circumstances, the hardware conditions, described what happens, in details now at least twice for each.
Just read me and think before you answer mr repairman sort of.
Here is the first time I get the impression you're looking for help with some problems, so I get the impression you want help with:

1: Figuring out how to install feature updates when they fail (which you've already done, so are you helping other people? Context here?). Honestly, save yourself the trouble of trying to fix a broken install, reinstall the latest Windows version from a USB pen. I know you mentioned that you had trouble booting from a USB drive so some suggestions on what could go wrong:
  • BIOS settings, some BIOSes need special legacy USB settings to boot from USB. It's hard to give specific advice on this without knowing the computer hardware in question.
  • BIOS only allows booting from some USB ports (yes really).
  • "Bad" USB pen. Even if it works in Windows, booting from them is a different process and there are so many compatibility issues here (burning a DVD might actually be more reliable in some cases, but for many computers you'd need a USB DVD-ROM).
Details on what did go wrong could be useful (did it just show a blank screen? an error message? did it boot to the installer then give you an error message?).

2: Figuring out how to control Windows Updates. I sort of need to know towards what end you want to control updates. When are they being installed that you don't want them to be installed? When can you install them?

3: Installing Windows 10 on devices with little space. I haven't seen this problem (even on devices with 32GB SSDs). I don't have any suggestions here except:
  • Get some external storage (SD card, USB pen) and move everything that's moveable to that.
  • Disable hibernation, reduce page file size.
Also I never pretended to be an all-knowing expert like you're implying.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Dude I appreciate that you'd want to help but for several of these things I've already spoke in details which persistently ignore over and over and I don't want to repeat again and again for you in so I think you're just not the right person to talk with, you assume too many things wrong or just read in the margin instead of the text I don't know.
Anyway I'm moving on from our exchange, okay? It's not working and you're just wearing me out.