Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Wyrmnus

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Post by Wyrmnus »

SO! Anyone play? I'm on Balmung Server. iLvl73-75 WAR and DRG, and my MNK is just hitting 45.
Check out my Youtube Channel! Pleeeeeeeease?
Latest Upload: DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou 360 1CC/DeathSmiles II X mode 1CC
drunkninja24

Re: Final Fantasy XV: A Realm Reborn

Post by drunkninja24 »

I think you mean XIV :P

I do play though, on Hyperion myself. It's a fun game, definitely different than my usual fare, been playing since about a month after launch. Currently have an i95 BLM, i90 PLD, and working on SCH at LV 40 right now.
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

Oh wow you're right! Silly me, lol.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Funny, I got the game for christmas, but I haven't even touched it. There are just too many other games I want to play.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I've played it since the PS3 version hit last year, though a bit casually. I have an i85 Bard on Siren, but I play way too many shmups and arcade games to bother raising up a second class.

I really like that the game can be enjoyed without devoting your life to it. If you have about 30-45 minutes to kill you can run a quick dungeon and have a good relaxing time. One of squares better efforts in recent years imo.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

I think the most encouraging thing was that when they relaunched it they were suprised by the level of demand. It's a good thing, and a little suprising given the horrid mess the original release was.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

ACSeraph wrote:I've played it since the PS3 version hit last year, though a bit casually. I have an i85 Bard on Siren, but I play way too many shmups and arcade games to bother raising up a second class.

I really like that the game can be enjoyed without devoting your life to it. If you have about 30-45 minutes to kill you can run a quick dungeon and have a good relaxing time. One of squares better efforts in recent years imo.
Yeah, I definitely spend a lot of time with the game (there's a good chance im probably playing it if im not doing something else lol), but it's got plenty of stuff even in these stages to keep you occupied, and of course more stuff coming. Personally excited for the upcoming patch adding in a battle with Ramuh among other things.

Quite amazing just how much square turned around the steaming turd that was FFXIV 1.0
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

Cant wait for the new Dual Wielding class.
system11

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Post by system11 »

BRD i88 at the moment.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

Just cleared Episode 2 of the Hildebrand Saga. This story line is the funniest thing in MMOs Ive ever seen.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Wyrmnus wrote:Just cleared Episode 2 of the Hildebrand Saga. This story line is the funniest thing in MMOs Ive ever seen.
Yeah, Hildibrand is fantastic.

Also, just got 50 on SCH today, had enough equipment available to be i80 right off the bat. Now to learn some 8-man stuff on this class, that should be fun.
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

I recently started learning how to tank on Controller. It's been really tough at first but Im starting to get things down. Also had my first few coil runs a couple days ago. Got the Heavy Allaghan body for my WAR. I'd like to run more, but I'm a bit nervous running with people outside of the FC due to End Game elitist attitude.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Meh, if you're just DFing them, I wouldn't worry too much, not like you'll see most of the same players again :P

I've been using DF to learn the old coils on SCH now, going well for the most part, but it's kinda a crapshoot on Turn 2 if I get paired with another SCH since the enrage strategy is tough to do without a WHM.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Anyone here still plays? I'm debating whether to get back into it, I bought Shadowbringers, but I'm still near the beginning of Stormblood. Like the last few times I subbed for a month, I immediately got bored and stopped playing since I was trying to go through the MSQ and it was entirely just walk over here, walk over there, search the area for 3 points of interest, walk over here again, etc.

I'm like level 61 I think as a Summoner, I also have a level 50 White Mage, and I somehow got Culinarian up to level 50 at some point.

The most fun I've had with the game was just screwing around pursuing little goals on a whim, but my progress was often halted by the requirement to do the MSQ, and right now I'm trying to focus on just doing the MSQ so I can do end game stuff and see Shadowbringers.

edit: I decided to give it another shot. I'm having a bit more fun with it this time around, I guess I was just doing all the boring filler quests last time since actual story events are happening now. I forgot who most of these characters are though.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Got an endgame paladin, trying to pug savage
it sucks and I'm considering a static
cave hermit wrote:Anyone here still plays? I'm debating whether to get back into it, I bought Shadowbringers, but I'm still near the beginning of Stormblood. Like the last few times I subbed for a month, I immediately got bored and stopped playing since I was trying to go through the MSQ and it was entirely just walk over here, walk over there, search the area for 3 points of interest, walk over here again, etc.
Just treat the MSQ as a visual novel, there really isn't much engaging combat outside of endgame trials/raiding
Wyrmnus wrote:but I'm a bit nervous running with people outside of the FC due to End Game elitist attitude.
at least in EU this isn't an issue, there are more salty people in 24 man casuals than in ex trials/savage