Puzzle & Dragons

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Aisha

Re: Puzzle & Dragons

Post by Aisha »

Vexorg wrote:The latest ranking dungeon for US started today, with everyone running the same fixed Awoken Horus team. How are people doing with this? I've never been all that great at combo leads, but in spite of that I'm currently around 89k points and 21.4% on it. Not sure I want to throw too much stamina at this, but I'd like to at least get under 20% for another Flampy, since I never seem to have enough of those.

Edit: Never mind, got lucky on another run, and managed to get to get just under 108k for 10.3%. Think I'm going to stop there.
I hate this ranking dungeon, personally. They should have chosen a team with more time extends and a more flexible leader, like DQXQ or something. All of my runs so far have been ruined by having to fish for certain colors. Right now I'm between 20-30% and as long as I don't slide out, then I'm fine with that since all I want is the Badpy.

Anyone pull in the FF collab? I pulled five times and got myself a Yuna, which was one of my three target cards (the others being Sephiroth and Y'shtola). I also got two Bartz, which seems like a good sub for Bastet; Rain, who seems like a decent damage reduction sub for fire teams; and Rinoa, who I have no idea what to do with.

Edit: After a few more attempts, I managed to get 107k score in the ranking dungeon, which puts me at 11.6% currently. The trick is to use an active skill on every turn, even if you don't need to. I think I would have gotten well above 10% if I didn't need two turns for the last floor, but I didn't have any fire orbs on the first turn.
guigui

Post by guigui »

PCGF, teh hype is real, teh orlls will be true. Lineup :

Code: Select all

Eschamali
Ryune
Scheat
Haku
Dkali
Uriel
Sakuya
Lkali
Pandora
Orochi
Isis
Susano
Raphael
I&I
DQXQ
Rodin
Yomi
Ilm
Indra
Skuld
Blue Sonia
Gadius
Akechi
Lucifer
Shiva
I have free 220 stones for this. Who else rolls ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I've got 250 stones saved up but I'm telling myself 10 pulls only. A little while ago I filled in a desire chart for a reddit thread and looking at it made me realize that I either have or don't want most of the featured cards, so I'm prepared for disappointment.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I'm rolling my ass off tonight. Xiang Mei is about to drop and I want multiples of her, so either I get Eschamali or a ton of MP & plus eggs. It's been awhile since I've bought stones so I might splurge on a pack or two.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Did 3 rolls on each account so far: on my main it was DqXq, Yomi (both dupes) and a random 4 star trash. My alt got red Valk (been wanting one), another dupe LKali and Angelious. Aside from the RValk not much of use so far. Really want another ROdin, but not pushing my luck there...
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Well I managed to fill in some gaps so I suppose I can't complain: finally rolled Apollo, Amaterasu, and Susano who have all somehow eluded me until now. Didn't get anything super special (no Eschamali) but I did also manage to roll a dupe Uriel which may end up on my Xiang Mei team.

Speaking of Xiang Mei, rumor is she is coming tomorrow; I hope it is true. I have all the materials ready to go.
Jon

Post by Jon »

^^^I already have a decent amount of MP again due to dupe Blonia and Kanna rolls during the last GF. Xiang Mei looks like a beast and I do two have two Uriel's, a Gadius and Valen that would make for a pretty decent team (lol at having the MP resources for a second Xiang Mei.) I guess I will wait and see how much closer I am to the 300,000 mark when the current PCGF ends.

Speaking of which, I did roll a few times before work this morning and landed Artemis, a dupe Orochi and silver light gala trash pull. Awoken Artemis will help me make a much more viable Bastet/Verd all attack team and a second Orochi intrigues me with the recent addition of skill inheritance so not a bad start at all. I will probably roll more tonight or tomorrow but I doubt I'll go all out with my remaining 75+ stones. The dupe factor is pretty high for me and there are some pretty interesting collab's on the horizon.

Edit: Man, if I wasn't so hungry for MP atm I might seriously consider feeding off these +50 silver's instead of selling them. :oops:
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I ended up rolling 20 times because I got upset with my first 10 rolls. I don't recommend doing that. The best thing I got was a duplicate Pandora. I also got another Indra, which means I can make Awoken Indra without trashing my skilled-up one. The only new cards that I got were two silvers: Kano and Water Dragon Swordsman. Everything else was a duplicate, most of which was sold for MP.

Edit: I'm considering making Xiang Mei my second MP card purchase, even though I'm far from being able to afford one. I have three Uriels, a Gadius, and an NY Mitsuki, so I figure I can make a solid team. My other choice is Ra Dragon, although I'd need to pull a dark Kali to complete the team. Ra Dragon is old now, but he seems to have aged very well since he allows more team flexibility and always seems to be capable of taking on new content.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Well, I ended up blowing through 65 stones on my alt in this Godfest now, and the only thing I actually kept out of it was the Red Valk. I did get some pretty decent MP out of the rolls (mostly a dupe Blonia) so I cashed my MP in for a Yomidra, since I haven't had a decent dark lead to go with the various dark cards I have. Guess I will see how it goes...
guigui

Post by guigui »

Rolling is done. 77 rolls total (2 packs bought).

- 29 PCGF rolls, percentage of 37.66% PCGF rolls. Pretty good I think.
- 6 stars GFE : Ryune, Scheat, DKali, Skuld, Blue Sonia. Pretty good I think !
- Other PCGF rolls
  • - Haku
    - Lkali
    - I&I
    - Yomi
    - Indra
    - Gadius (already had one)
    - 2 Susano
    - 2 Raphael
    - 2 Shiva
    - 4 Pandora
    - 4 Isis
    - 4 Uriel
- Trolls, among others :
  • - 2 Chrono Turtle
    - 4 Rei Sirius
Well, can I do anything else but jump in the Orchid hype train now ?
Issue is that it will be pretty hard to buy 2 of her, and I do not want to invest that much on a team. However, Orchid / Gadius / Gadius / Uriel / Uriel / Orchid may be enough to hit some serious damage.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Congrats on the Scheat and the Dark Kali, guigui. If your going to throw money at the REM its nice to have it pay off and it certainly looks like it did.

I can see why you'd be eyeing XM now that you have multiple Uriels and Gadius' available as subs. I have two of each and immediately thought of the exact team you mentioned but I keep seeing the same issue of not being fully bind resistant come up when using two Gadius as subs. Good thing this is not an issue since you have a third Uriel. :) I have to rely on Phoenix Rider and I am seriously considering transferring my second Gadius' active onto him since Valen's is so situational (especially on a Xiang Mei team.) Anyhoo, I say go for it. It would be nice to have multiple best friends running the orchid princess.

Oh yeah, I did roll 5 more times and got two badly wanted dupes in LKali and DQXQ. The rest was MP fodder.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

@guigui those are very nice pulls. Congrats! You should definitely look into Xiang Mei now, or maybe Ra Dragon if you can grab another dark Kali somehow. For Xiang Mei, you'll probably want to run with 1 Gadius and 3 Uriel to achieve 100% SBR, like Jon wrote. You'll also want to look into skill inheritance to give your team more utility.

Last night I caved in and pulled 31 more times. The results were much better this time around: 2 Viper Orochi, 1 Susano, 1 Raphael, and 3 Haku. Those are all the pantheon gods I wanted from the PCGF, but I strangely don't find myself feeling happy about it. I think I'm just upset about my inability to pull 6-star cards from the REM; nearly 700 days in and the only meaningful ones I have are red Valkyrie and Ryune. :?

I also have enough for another MP card now but I'm not fully on board with Xiang Mei.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I've done some messing with an Xiang Mei as a friend lead, and even if I can get her to activate without too much difficulty most of the time, it seems to me that her damage is still significantly less than my usual Shivadra lead. Granted, it's been a while since I really had much of a healer team (I think I was still using Valk as a lead last time I did) but am I missing something here? Anyway, I ended up getting Yomidra on both accounts and I'm working to develop those now. I have no shortage of dark subs on either account, but the best dark lead I've had up to this point is DMeta, which got left in the power creep dust months ago.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Vexorg, I have no idea why you would not deal many damages with Xiang Mei. You need to make 3 hearts combos to trigger her 9x multiplier, and pack your team with rows. Of course pairing 2 XM leaders gives 81x multiplier.
Not the first time I ask, but I'm still unsure if I have you as a friend. Are you on the NA server ?

Aisha, congrats on your rolls too. Keep stones for the GFE only REM and you'll get some 6*, hopefully !
Why do you say you're not fully on board with Xiang Mei ? The main thing that prevents me from buying her now is that I have to sell (over a bunch of other dupes) my dupe Green Sonia. I also see that you need to buy two of her to get a kind of system going, 600K MP is out of reach without some serious farming.

I'm also looking toward You Yu since I have great subs for him : Ryune, Scheat, Sumire. However, he seems less verstatile than XM since he only boosts attack, and maybe a little too much. Who really needs 220x, seriously ?

Conclusion : I lack many MPs to form all those teams, and IAP is over for the year. I was thinking about a coop farming team for Z8 including some Rodins to cheese the high defense floors, and a Shivadra inherited with anything to skip "6 combos or you die". Then I need some partner to try it.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that my team is much more TPA-focused than row focused. Either way, combining three heal combos and fire rows on the same board can be pretty tricky to do, especially with healer types.

In other news, GH just announced that they will be resetting basically everything (Best Friend selection, Friend gift, and the Rank 150/250 memorial egg machines) after the next maintenance.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

guigui wrote:Aisha, congrats on your rolls too. Keep stones for the GFE only REM and you'll get some 6*, hopefully !
Why do you say you're not fully on board with Xiang Mei ? The main thing that prevents me from buying her now is that I have to sell (over a bunch of other dupes) my dupe Green Sonia. I also see that you need to buy two of her to get a kind of system going, 600K MP is out of reach without some serious farming.
I'm just beginning to think that Xiang Mei isn't worth the price tag for me. I'm in the process of building an Awoken DQXQ team. Her leader skill is actually pretty similar in style to Xiang Mei's, but she's stronger, easier to play, and can accept every card in the game as a sub. Xiang Mei is superior when it comes to stalling because her teams typically have about twice as much HP, but if I want to stall then I can simply use Lucifer or Pandora. And if I want to create a system for mindless farming, I can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iR9r2qtfu4
guigui

Post by guigui »

Hello to all shmuppers PADers.

The game has changed a lot lately because of coop everything, which basically halves the cost of every dungeons.
If you have trouble finding people to coop, you can use the Discord chat app. It is available on iOS, Android, or via a simple browser on any computer. There, a server has lots of players posting room ID and you can post yours. The server is /r/PuzzleAndDragons, related to Reddit I guess, invite :
https://discordapp.com/invite/0UxP3WcTUKWJMYEx
Aisha and I are already there, I’m Guigui#4175 if you feel like adding me.
A bad consequence of coop everything is that I almost never play single anymore, thus do not give Pal Points to all my BF everyday, sorry about that.

Apart from this, done lately ingame :
- Get and max a MZeus, was kind of carried through his dungeon with an Ara and delays team.
- Buy XM and build a XM/Gadius/Urielx3 team.
- Clear my first coop C10 with this team.
- Clear Arena1 on my first coop try with Luci.
- Get about 75 babies TAMADRAs in two full bars of stamina with Aisha, coop.
- Roll 3K godfest to get future pushbutton god Liu Bei, and get only crap.

Coop ?
Jon

Post by Jon »

I was a little dismayed at all the coop focus but damn is it ever worth it when it come to stamina conservation. Fortunately my alternate account is in the same group as my main and burning through Tamadra Retreat/Predras/Super Kings at half stamina is glorious. I have cleared some previously unbeaten higher end content in coop too but haven't tried arena or any C10 challenges yet. I will check out that discord app this weekend.

My XM team is coming along and is very strong but this still feels like Yomidra all over again. Super powerfull MP leader with good subs that is still neglected due to my preference for combo leads like Rukia and Bastet. :oops:

No pulls this godfest due to me dumping all of my (40) stones on the June Bride rem. Foolish to be sure, but my luck was about as good as I could have hoped outside of winning the L Eschmali lottery. I got Akechi, Bastet and Ra. :D
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I'm Aisha#7699 over on Discord, if anyone wants to add me. It's excellent for finding co-op partners.

I pulled the June Bride REM 9 times, I think. I really wanted Bastet as a collectible, but the only gold I got was Kano. :( Although I did get bride Izanami, which for a 4 star card, is an amazing consolation prize.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Jon wrote:Fortunately my alternate account is in the same group as my main and burning through Tamadra Retreat/Predras/Super Kings at half stamina is glorious.
Not sure having the same group for both your accounts is good. You can actually connect to someone that does not have the same groups as you, which gives more possibilities of running those limited dungeon.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

can anyone point me in the direction of some kind of article on different team archetypes and how they work? i've been playing this game for a month or so and so far i have just been using a leader with a strong attack multiplier and then using one monster of each colour which benefits from that multiplier. it's getting to the point where this isn't all that effective i think as, for example, on the special dungeons i find expert difficulty very easy but master level kicks my butt.

this is what i've been running so far as my team.

Dawn Bride Izanami
Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera
Hermes (just need a dub mythlit to evolve him)
Dream Scythe Hamal
Earth Baron

so yeah, this team has no synergy other than they all benefit from izanami's 4x attack bonus. other stuff i have:

Acubens
Blue Sky Fruit, Berry Dragon
Firedragon Tyrannos
White Roses Bride, Hera-Beorc
Earth Dragon Knight
Fenrir Knight (ready to be evolved)
Shining Dragon Knight
Cursed Dragon
Holy Knight Witch, Lilith
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hmm. The only thing that immediately springs to mind would be to farm some decent water cards for Hermes once you get him evolved (consider going for the less impressive looking B/L version since his leader skill affects light and water monsters.) You can get some pretty good farmable subs in Siren and Siegfried early on and you already have blueberry dragon who should also fill in as a decent sub until you get something better. Your attack multiplier wont be as high as Izanami but the tankiness of x2 hp and rcv could make up for it. Going mono color is generally a better bet than rainbow.

The good news is that multiplayer should make progress a hell of a lot easier for newer players than it has been in the past. I know that I have some open friend slots on my alternate account. If you're playing on the NA servers please dont hesitate to send an invite: 336,577,345 My leads might be useful and I would be happy to help you out clearing some tougher mutliplayer stuff you might be having trouble with.

I was going to tell you to focus on godfests and lay off the season REMs when it comes to magic stones but the upcoming summer event seems particularly geared towards water cards so... :|
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

yeah i was thinking a blue team too... only problem is most of my blue cards are way weaker than the ones in my current team. for example hera is level 90 and fully awoken, hamal is around 80 and fully awoken and izanami is around level 70. my blue cards are all either level 20ish or not fully evolved so it will take a long time to get them to a decent strength.

i've read some people saying hamal is a decent leader but i have no idea how you would build a team around her leader skill or how it would play. i don't even really understand how to play a mono colour team either. i mean, i know you use row enhancers and/or two pronged attack, but what do you do when you don't even have three of your colour on the board and no active orb changers up?

i'm on the EU server
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm real late to the party here. Do you keep playing Immryr ?

To answer your last question, mono color teams are viable if you have many orb changers, 3 per team seems to be a minimum. Also, the better you match, the easier it is to erase unwanted colors and make your desired color drop.

Dont hesitate to ask more questions, and to join the discord coop party. Invite link https://discord.gg/pad, my ID Guigui#4175
Unfortunately you're on the EU server, so we wont be able to coop together.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Yeah I'm still playing this, a lot. I have progressed a long way since my last post. Just started taking on descends over the last week or so which is great as it feels like a whole bunch of content suddenly opens up. Running a beach pandora team mostly, also working on levelling a make shift mono light kanna team, goemon push button stuff and have a blue team on the back burner.

My gf started playing at the same time as me but has since lost interest so I can use her account to co op with myself, which is nice. Unfortunately she wasted quite a lot of her stones so her box is a little limited, I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to carry her to get the materials to make awoken lucifer as that would pair with my team nicely. But really her best potential team is a kaede one and I have no green team to speak of, just a couple of farmables.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Just tried this new and exciting gacha game.

Some of the cruelest and most twisted game design I've ever seen. To get to the dungeons where anything drops, you need to digivolve your gods. To digivolve your gods, you need evolution materials. To get the evolution materials, you need to digivolve your gods.
tnc

Post by tnc »

Are you guys still playing Puzzle & Dragons or is there another smartphone drug that you prefer now? :)
guigui

Post by guigui »

I've been strong enough to completely stop playing on january 24th 2017, after my wife threatened me many times of divorce if I did not let this stupid game down. I thank her for this.
I gave my account to Jon here, who still takes care of it I guess, he's a more reasonnable guy than I am :D
I'm not sure if Aisha is still playing.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

I thoroughly enjoyed this game for a while, and was on my way to having a pretty solid team, until I found out how most of the meta teams worked at the time (skill and orb conversion spam), and lost interest.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Granblue Fantasy, Fate Grand Order, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and Fire Emblem Heroes seem to be the big ones here in the west.

Cynical P+D clones have typically already folded before even leaving Japan.

(I only played P+D for a few weeks. My biggest gripe would be how it pretty much locks progress behind the date on the calender or your willingness to put money into their pockets. These later games with gachas do a bit better with the illusion that the time you put into the game matters. It's still really stupid though - the time it takes to five star an Eternal in Granblue is long enough to play through Persona 5, except completely meaningless and soul crushing. God help you if ya use these things to do more than get through youtube videos or the endless struggles with the toilet.)