Puzzle & Dragons

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Aisha

Re: Puzzle & Dragons

Post by Aisha »

It has been a pretty low-key event for me. I've just been using my natural stamina farming Tengu Master for +Eggs. Depending on how close I am to finishing off a +297, I might stone on the weekend. When this event ends, I'll probably be able to put 4 or 5 +297s into my Lucifer team.

Today the goal is to get a few more evolution materials from the Friday dungeon and fully evolve my Awoken Idunn&Idunna x Ryune team. After it's complete, I'll make an Awoken Ra team because it just needs one card to be evolved and it's done. Thinking ahead to the future, maybe an Awoken Anubis team, although I'm under no illusion that I'll be able to play it well. :lol: Nevertheless, I enjoy combo leaders so I may as well aim towards the best one in that category. I'm envisioning something like this.

I pulled once from the Bleach REM and got an Uryu. He has a pretty rare active skill, but overall he's useless to me. I might pull one more time if the next Godfest rosters aren't good for me.
guigui wrote:I was also wondering, does the discounted price on the MP shop (JP only for now) also affect MP dragons ? If yes, maybe it is worth waiting a bit to buy moaaar love.
On the subject of MP, Orchid looks like a beast.
I can't find any mention of MP shop discounts on their event page, but I would imagine that there would be street riots if the discount extended to the MP dragons. But I think it's definitely worth waiting until the last moment before buying Yomi Dragon or whatever, just to see if any more Noble Plant MP cards are announced. There should be three more (bamboo, Chrysanthemum, and plum blossom).
guigui

Post by guigui »

Hello shmups friends. Anyone willing to run some Alt. Castle of Satan coop in the next 5 hours or so ?
I could use the 25K xp for 15 stamina to time up my rank up for tomorrow 10x descend, again ! Also, with legendary luck, we will get a Flampy.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I only have 40 stamina available atm but I would be willing to run it a few times with you if you want to create a room ID. I am embarrassed to say that I have only played multiplayer dungeons solo so you'll have to bare with me. I am assuming you will want to do Return of the Dark King 2?
guigui

Post by guigui »

Glad to hear that. Room for Return of DK2 is created, jump in any time you like.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

My goal for this next event is to build one more +297 so I can fully hypermax my Lucifer team. If I feel like doing more after that, I'll collect +Eggs for my Bastet team; it won't help it clear more content, but it has been my main team for a while now so I feel like it should be +297 across the board.

Yesterday I evolved Awoken Ra. I just need to level and awaken him and his team will be ready to go. Once the Friday dungeon is up, I'll make Awoken Anubis. Part of me says that I'm crazy for making an Anubis team...

Also I think I'm going to buy Yomi Dragon tomorrow if it's available in the next store rotation. The new dark MP card was revealed yesterday, and like Xiang Mei it requires very specific subs from an already shallow pool (dark Balance) to work, so I don't want to bother with it. Enough waiting.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Will also buy Yomidra today, everything is ready to hypermax him, eeer sorry, her.
This event is crazy, happy +eggs and rewards farming everyone.
Also many thanks to jon and necro for cooping with me last night, timed rank up and 400k XP of a lifetime (beware the double xp bonus, you do not want to waste a rank up !) allowed me to clear half the challenge already.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

And done. Almost. Everyone is hypermaxed except for Loki, who still needs +ATK and +RCV eggs, but I think I'll be able to finish him by the end of this event. The other thing I still need to do is give Yomi Dragon two or three Skill Delay Resist latents, but I'll wait until they're available in PreDRA Infestation.

I've been working on this team since about the beginning of the year so it feels good to have it mostly over with. Next up is finishing Awoken Ra and Awoken Anubis.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Mine is done too. Dont have a Loki for burst though, I think I’ll go the Nephthys route, especially dince her AS will be buffed to 2 turns boost and 10CD.

Question, do you have a Kanetsugu farming team ? Requirements are rainbow, with at least one unbindable unbinder, a direct damage and enough power to oneshot the last 2 floors. Pretty complicated.
Jon

Post by Jon »

My Shiva team handles Kanetsugu well enough. I run AShiva/Urd/CaoCao/AHino/RL Ares. It's not 100% (a bad Urd board change on floor 7 could spell doom) but I haven't died yet. Seven plus eggs a run is about as good as it gets, no?

My wife won a $50 iTunes gift card which she gave to me and of course I used it to buy me some stones. Now in the mind frame of having a bunch of free rolls I decided I could be careless and decided to hit...the Bleach REM. Yeah, I don't what I was thinking either but I think it might have been worth it. Results:

Toshiro Hitsugaya
Yasutora Sado
Yoruichi Shihoin
Yasutora Sado
Yasutora Sado
Orihime Inoue
Yasutora Sado :|
Rangiku Matsumoto
Rukia Kuchiki (!)

I stopped rolling at this point. Only two gold eggs out of the bunch (not to mention the three dupe Chads) but I am not not about to complain. I am now chasing Scheat every bit as much as Eschmali at this point.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Damn, congrats on Rukia! She puts Bastet to shame. :( Chase hard after Viper Orochi too, if you don't already have him. He's a superb sub for Rukia, as well as for other teams like Awoken Ra and Ra Dragon.

@guigui No dedicated Kanetsugu farming team here since time isn't a factor. Last time I farmed that dungeon I just reshuffled my Verdandi team to satisfy all colors. Didn't worry about the bind either. This time though, I'll try running Awoken Shiva if any of my BFs have him up, because that team has all the colors without making any changes.

And yeah, Nephthys is probably the best choice. Your burst with her might be higher than it would be with Loki.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Very nice Rukia roll Jon. Now you’re up to forming a team for him, which wont be that easy.

About Kane, I was indeed thinking about speed since I’ll spend the whole week in here.
Diza / Aluci / Zuoh / Zaerog8 / Yomidra / Yomidra could work. But if Luci gets bound, I loose a turn. Plus I’m not sure I can ohko floors 8-9-10 in a row.

Also, I encountered jewel invades, but only on higher (piis) challenge dungeons. Any of you saw a jewel in Kane ?
Geist

Post by Geist »

Congratz on your latest cards guys. :)

After being super lucky last GF (2nd LKali and Yamato / 3 pulls) I only got fake golds and an Artemis dupe today.
With Yomi Dragon available in the MP shop and a lack of key subs to go with her I feel uncertain about the whole thing. :?

Right now, I could compose the following teams:
Spoiler
Shiva Dragon team has 12 rows, Saria 15 (16 with Awoken DQXQ)

Thinking about late game content like 'Special' dungeons and maybe even 'Arena' 1 or 2, into which team would you invest your plus eggs?
cheers
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I would recommend Saria x Thor, assuming you don't mind slow and possibly boring. Teams like this have very high sustainability, but require a lot of stalling. It should be able to clear Arena 1, but you'd have to be mindful about binds. Awoken Amaterasu would be a good solution for that, if you have her. For the arenas, another important sub is Zeus&Hera. Kali at the end starts with a 50% damage reduction shield and does enough damage to kill you every turn as long as her HP is above 65%. So for light teams like Saria x Thor, Zeus&Hera is a key sub because its 45% gravity active skill instantly knocks Kali out of that danger zone. For this very reason, you'll also see Zeus Stratios often used on Yomi Dragon teams and such.

Here is a similar team in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ6ER7oGAPc

A side benefit to investing in Saria x Thor is that you also invest in DQXQ. Awoken DQXQ is a 100x leader so you'll have the option of building a team around her in the future. Her main weakness is no HP or RCV multipliers, but she can be paired with Saria or Thor to address one of those issues.

The Shiva Dragon team is also good but people don't recommend him for Arena 1 because he has too many problem spots throughout the dungeon.
Geist

Post by Geist »

Aisha wrote:I would recommend Saria x Thor, assuming you don't mind slow and possibly boring. ...
The Shiva Dragon team is also good but people don't recommend him for Arena 1 because he has too many problem spots throughout the dungeon.
Thanks for your thoughts on the team matter Aisha. :)

The Saria team, even though it is super slow, will be happening sooner or later as I am having a lot of other potential subs already (A. Amaterasu, Baal, Izanagi, Apocalypse, Apollo, Pollux, Shedar, Leonis,...,) The only essential candidate still missing is Zera....
I failed my last attempt clearing the dungeon and lost interest. :oops:

The Shiva team is really solid but in the end it is only an overpowered version of my current farming team. It is such a nice team though :(

After a very disappointing GF clearing the Hera Challenge with Ra cheered me up again, yay :D ,
Spoiler
his team would benefit from extra HP and RVC so I am gonna give one Kali and Dizza the +297 treatment. Guess there is no need to be stingy with the latest increase of x10 +egg events and the Training Path dungeon in bi-weekly rotation.

Next goals: Zaerog 8, Zera and Yomi Dragon evo mats... :wink:
cheers
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm pretty happy I could clear the whole descended challenge this time :
- ALuci ate Nordis for breakfast.
- ALakshmi paired with Ryune ate Scarlet for diner.
- ABastet did kill Z8, but after the usual couple of misses on the 6 combo or you die stuff.

Other than that I spent my whole week in Kanetsugu and have a total of 11 +297 cards now.
Top priorities for the coming weeks are gather stones (aiming for 200 for PCGF), gather TAMADRAS (I have way too many cards I cant use due to lack of awakenings).

Is it confirmed that Skill Delay Resist Latent Tama will come to PreDra infest ?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Yeah, Skill Delay Resist latents will be added to PreDRA Infestation: http://pad.gungho.jp/member/guerrilla/1 ... edora.html They were added to PreDRA Infestation because skill inheritance can act as a buffer against skill delays, so they aren't as valuable as they used to be. I'm still going to put a few of them on my Yomi Dragon and other cards though.

I also cleared the whole descended challenge for the first time. I used Lucifer for Scarlet and Bastet for everything else. That descended challenge had too many dungeons in it. It got pretty annoying about halfway through. :?

This week I gathered all the materials needed to evolve D/G Persephone and Castor for a Yomi Dragon team, and also to evolve Awoken Yomi to use as a time crutch in my Awoken Anubis team. Other than that I spent all of my stamina farming Kanetsugu for +Eggs. My Awoken Loki only needs 5 more +RCV eggs, and then my whole Lucifer team will be hypermaxed.

I'm looking forward to Arena 1 being added back to the Technical Dungeon section so that it's always available. If I can reliably farm it for Piis, then hopefully I'll never have to deal with the skill-up system again.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

My Shivadra team on my alt account has been able to clear all but 3 dungeons in Descended Challenge this time around (Zeus and Hera, Z8 and Scarlet.) I could probably do Z8 with some orb luck, but Zeus and Hera has just been a pain.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
guigui

Post by guigui »

Zeus & Hera require a delay. IIRC, I just did this : Stall -> burst to 1HP -> Stall -> Delay -> Burst -> Kill

Today, Pirate War Dragons in coop has a 10x +eggs rate. So now is the time to clear it for the stone and some bonus plusses.
If any of you fellow shmuppers want to clear in the next 5 hours or so, shoot me a message here or ingame. Please make sure you have 125 stamina to clear the whole thing in a row.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Counter damage is another popular strategy against Z&H.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Dear fellow shmuppers, the be-forced-to-play-coop challenge dungeon is available. Stamina requirement is half the usual price (level 1 at 5 sta etc...)
In about 2 hours from now, I'll have around 100 sta to burn in here, which should be enough to clear levels 1-6 with teams likes Verdandi/Bastet/Shiva/ALuci/Yomi. Let me know if you're interested.

I'll definitely try to clear this up to level 8, but am not good enough at coop theorycrafting to see how to reliably clear 9 and 10. Any help appreciated on that.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Auto-reply : we did it with Jon. Jesus, that was so much drama ! The "nice" button was hit nervously, happily, angrily.

Best time was when that chibi GZL on level 4 (yes level 4) bound both our Verdandi leaders ! As a consequence, we could not burst him to death the next turn. Moreover, our common HP dropped below 50k because Verdandi LS was not active anymore, and this guy does hit for 50k after binding ; game over.
That was ... well ... "nice" !
Jon

Post by Jon »

Damn, I wish my solo Bastet team had 38,000+ HP. Nice playing guigui, and once again apologies for forgetting about gzl's stupid bind. I have to admit I was worried about largely ignoring the mp dungeons but multiplayer is pretty fun once you get over the fear of wasting another persons stamina. :lol:

As for floor 6, I am lacking ALuci and my Lakshmi team is woefully underdeveloped but I don't see why awoken Shiva wouldn't do the trick. If you want to give it a shot tomorrow at this time send me a message.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I think I'm skipping this challenge dungeon series. I'm not too keen on them forcing co-op on us. Although looking at JP, it becomes a lot more optional; NA and EU are just enduring the growing pains that JP went through months ago.

This week I finished evolving Castor and D/G Persephone for my Yomi Dragon team; I wish I had something better than Persephone, but I don't. I also finished Awoken Yomi for my Awoken Anubis team. Think 11 time extend awakenings will be enough? :lol: Probably not. I'm not really looking forward to getting these guys skilled up. I also finished my Awoken Ra team this week, but I don't really have much reason to run it; I just built it because I could.

I've also been farming +Eggs for my Bastet team when I can, but it's not really as fun without constant access to descends like Kanetsugu, or Tengu ~ Master on 2x drop. Goemon is coming up in the next coin dungeon rotation, but 4 +Eggs/50 stamina seems kind of slow now.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Jon and I cleared up to challenge 8, where we did burst through everything with Bastet power.
I read Bastet can also do 9 and 10. But 9 seems hard with the Lifive->Ilsix combo, then 10 scares me up with its "absorbs >1M damage" Vishnu.
Theory :
Level 9 : burst Lifive real hard (17M damage), ping Ilsix to 30-50% HP range, then burst hoping the jammers are not that bad.
Level 10 : bring a big delay (Orochi) for Vishnu, then kill in 3-4 turns without making TPAs. Issue is that I dont have Orochi.
I might try this next week if I become more confident about it.

In the future, I'd also like to try a D/D Yomi paired with my Anubis team to clear S-rank, this looks fun. Anyone has a D/D Yomi here ?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I actually have a max level D/D Yomi, but she has no awakenings. If that's good enough then let me know when you need her and I can put her up. Personally I use Bastet to S-rank things. I just spend a really long time solving each turn using the dawnGlare simulator to ensure that I get a lot of combos.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Actually had a decent Godfest on at least one of my accounts for once... Did 4 rolls on my main (2 on day 1, 2 on day 2) and got an Urd and a DKali, both of which I've been wanting. Also got a dupe Sumire I'll probably sell for MP, and a Parvati. My other account didn't get much of note besides a dupe Ronia I'll probably sell for MP as well, since I don't think I've used the Ronia I already have for much of anything since I got my Shivadra.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Cagar wrote:Okay.
I have to say that the game's end content is terribly balanced.

The game has slowly become so that it's "die in 1 turn" or "kill in 1 turn", depending on if you have one of your OP skilsl ready or not.
It's not smooth anymore, I don't get why the bosses have to 1 hit me and the only way to beat them is to 1 hit them first.

This is just so terribly balanced... I can see myself quitting pretty soon. (Unfortunately)
:|
You're definitely right, at some point it becomes kill or get killed.
This also bothered me at first, but then I could get around it. As end-game approaches, be sure that each dungeon should be studied carefully before tackling it and form a specific around it. Your main goal is precisely to be able to get to the boss with enough firepower to OHKO him, or to force him into a non-lethal attack, or to delay him is possible, or to have enough HP to tank some hits, or to have a damage reduction active ready, or any other solution your box allows.

Having plenty of solution to handle boss threat and choosing the correct one according to the dungeon and you box, this is where the fun is.

Also, there always is the solution to tackle another dungeon and come back to that badass boss later. Which dungeon is it that gives you that "I will quit" feeling ?
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I feel like they've actually gotten a lot better about making reasonably beatable dungeons at the higher end. There are a few which are just plain BS (No awoken skills and resolve plus instakilll combos like Zhou Yu being the prime offenders these days) but there aren't a lot of dungeons I've found that I can't beat with the right team. Granted, I haven't gotten into some of the ultrahard stuff like Mecha Zeus/Hera or things like that, but once you have the right team, the Mythicals and even the Legend Plus dungeons are pretty reasonable.

The big problem is getting said right team out of the REM...
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

The latest ranking dungeon for US started today, with everyone running the same fixed Awoken Horus team. How are people doing with this? I've never been all that great at combo leads, but in spite of that I'm currently around 89k points and 21.4% on it. Not sure I want to throw too much stamina at this, but I'd like to at least get under 20% for another Flampy, since I never seem to have enough of those.

Edit: Never mind, got lucky on another run, and managed to get to get just under 108k for 10.3%. Think I'm going to stop there.