The Gun Topic - Move all gun laws/rights discussions here!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Edmond Dantes

Re: The Gun Topic - Move all gun laws/rights discussions her

Post by Edmond Dantes »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Respect is earned, not freely given. And it's not the sort of thing the sort of thing you're liable to earn by by painting anyone who disagrees with you as an uneducated clod, strawmanning everything they've said by labeling it as "just feelings", and then by pretending to be meek ("it's not my place to tell people").
I love how Roo describes his own tactics and projects them on "the two Eds."

Let's see, who was the one who made that "possibly autistic Brony" comment? Oh yeah, Roo.

Who was the one who compared owning guns to owning TACTICAL NUKES? Oh yeah, Roo.

Who was the one who insists on claiming I (and now, Oscuro) have mental issues and sorely-lacking education, despite that we've presented facts and he hasn't? Oh yeah, Roo.

By the way, here's another blog entry you can net-stalk me to.
Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:Do you own a gun, Edmond? Not judging, just asking.
Not yet.
Skykid wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote: What you're doing here is an example of "Affirming the Consequent"
I thought I was just affirming my point? :|
*Facepalm*

Are you seriously this retarded?
So sorry Edmund, if I'd known I needed to post examples outside of 80's movies and offer you a join-the-dots list to prove that glorification of firearms is still a thing in the media in 2013, I would have avoided entering into a conversation about it and drawn up a nice list to pander to your woeful intellect.
Yes, apparently you are.

Skykid has just argued that ACTUALLY PROVIDING EVIDENCE TO BACK UP HIS CLAIMS is "pandering to a woeful intellect."

Incidentally I love how your entire tack has, like Roo, been pretty much to just insult and demean and imply anyone who disagrees with you has mental problems, with not a single shred of attempt at fact, and yet then you turn around and say I'm the one making "curt insults." If this is your idea of a "sane argument," then clearly you're a madman.

It's starting to seem like, if you weren't a gamer, you would probably believe all that "games cause violent behavior" bullshit too. Hell, you said elsewhere that you're starting to "respect" Anita Sarkeesian...

By the way, love your avatar... Bruce Lee was pro-guns too.
The resident X-Multiply fan.

Post by 7711 »

This thread is actually making me sick :|
Not like I fell I can really tell you guys what not to talk about but this is looking more and more like a Youtube discution, full of angry, unhappy people.
Overly obsessed asian girls fanatic.
23/08/2013 : I now swear on my honor (like I have any) never to use a bomb again.
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Yeah, I'm pretty much done here too. There's no point in talking to certain people about certain subjects.

Actually, my friend Wrath of Seven posted two more posts that seem to both be making fun of this discussion. And he (as usual) is spot-on in both cases.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Edmond Dantes wrote:
Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:Do you own a gun, Edmond? Not judging, just asking.
Not yet.
Not planning on using it are you?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

AntiFritz wrote:Not planning on using it are you?
More on wild animals than on human beings (I live in a country area)

Post by 7711 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: More on wild animals than on human beings (I live in a country area)
I hope you get run over by whatever you were trying to kill <3
Overly obsessed asian girls fanatic.
23/08/2013 : I now swear on my honor (like I have any) never to use a bomb again.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

"If God didn’t want man to hunt, he wouldn’t have given us plaid shirts. ... I only kill in self-defense. What would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you? ... Always remember: you can get more with a smile and a gun than you can with just a smile." - Floyd Turbo
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Edmond Dantes wrote:
AntiFritz wrote:Not planning on using it are you?
More on wild animals than on human beings (I live in a country area)
Fair enough.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Edmond Dantes wrote:I'm a complete idiot.
There's no point in talking to you Edmond, you can't read.
Edmond's best blogging pro-gun friend wrote:This is even worse than just blantant name calling because your passive agressivness not only makes you an asshole but a coward.
He's an idiot too.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Ed Oscuro wrote: The key to the system working is that the laws need to be such that personal biases on the part of officials don't make two people seeking help from the law (including obtaining a firearms permit) have different levels of success, when these people are assumed to be the same; the law should work so that the standard used is objective (as much as possible). You can't guarantee this kind of system will not wrongly deny certain kinds of redress to a person, but again the needs of the public at large seem to outweigh the individual when there is a very narrow clash; therefore we have parole boards and sometimes people are denied firearms permits.

So just because somebody's case worker, teacher, or other professional passes along information to the authorities, or has a request for relevant information made of them when a firearm purchase is attempted, there's no reason to say that this leads to an abuse right off the bat.
I wasn't speaking so much for the potential for abuse per se, but rather that I think the guidelines would have to be pretty narrowly drawn in order to be considered constitutional. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't read much constitutional law outside of my area of interest in a long time, but I can't think of many areas where a right is denied based on the potential for a crime to occur. Prior restraint of speech is narrowly tailored and you can only be prosecuted for speech based on the likelihood it's going to or has caused a crime. Searches can only be conducted based on probable cause unless exigent circumstances exist. The civil confinement of sex offenders is only allowed after it's been determined that the person can't physically control themselves, and I don't know how many of those instances occur where the person hasn't already committed some sort of crime. The courts could always determine that restricting gun ownership isn't a punishment, like civil asset forfeiture and civil commitment/confinement, but both of those involve due process through the court system and aren't part of some general background checking process.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Now that I think about it, his resemblance to Chris-chan really is startling.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Now that I think about it, his resemblance to Chris-chan really is startling.
Now that's a scary thought. CWC with a gun.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

We should make him a play doh Babs Seed medallion as a peace offering.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

My response to BareknuckleRoo -- Also poses the question of locking this topic, if any moderators are listening.
Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:We should make him a play doh Babs Seed medallion as a peace offering.
OH NO YOU DON'T!

Scootaloo medallion would be okay tho.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Sure, but she has to be riding a kangaroo.
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:Sure, but she has to be riding a kangaroo.
Does the kangaroo have boxing gloves?

(Just sayin', a medallion that implies Scootaloo is Roo's master would be awesome)
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

AntiFritz wrote:
BareknuckleRoo wrote:Now that I think about it, his resemblance to Chris-chan really is startling.
Now that's a scary thought. CWC with a gun.
On the plus side, getting killed by a dangerous paranoiac who admits to fantasizing about having an excuse to gun me down would just serve as more justification for why guns shouldn't be easily, readily available to the general public. Being an inadvertent martyr for a good cause wouldn't be an entirely bad way to go.

I still stand by my assertion that Edmond is quite possibly suffering from some actual psychological issue and isn't just average, run-of-the-mill stupid. His inability to empathize with people he disagrees with (wishing for gun massacres to happen to/near anti-gun people, saying he wishes he had an excuse to shoot me), his general naïveté ("Seriously, guys, name me ONE, JUST ONE mainstream American TV show that is pro-guns. Hell, name me a mainstream movie that's pro-guns, because there's rarely any of those either." [emphasis mine]), his inability to read into deeper meaning (him being unable to understand the reason for the justifiably incredulous "are you serious?" responses to the previous quote), his childish and inane comparisons (comparing gun control to Mario never using powerups), his passing off gross overgeneralizations for reasoned argument, etc...

See a therapist man, seriously.
drauch

Post by drauch »

What sort of "wild animals" do you plan on shooting?
Last edited by drauch on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

drauch wrote:What sort of "wild animals" do you play on shooting?
Porcupines (hedgehogs) for one, #1 killer of canines, aside from euthanasia (and obviously the mascot of videogame mediocrity). Then there's deer, pretty at a distance, but a freaking menace w/r/t jumping in front of cars, bicyclists, cross-country runners.. not to mention that they'll eat all your tomatoes and still have the gumption to crap on your front porch. Then bears - they need no introduction - you'll be running past a cornfield, wondering how those crop circles came about and then a giant mufucka appears and ruins your day (sometimes performing casual amputation); they also specialize in beating the shit out of dumpsters for no good reason (can't figure out how to open the lid, so they just wail on the bastards until their point is made). Rats hiding beneath the storage shed - start banging on the walls and open fire as they rush out.

Then there's my neighbor's cat, who sometimes frequents my yard, and therefore deserves a .22 mag bullet b/w the eyes.

How anyone manages without a glock is beyond my comprehension.
The freaks are rising through the floor.
Recommended XBLIG shmups.
Top 20 Doujin Shmups of ALL TIME.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Now we're talkin'! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

drauch wrote:What sort of "wild animals" do you plan on shooting?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The greatest :lol:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Edmond Dantes wrote:My response to BareknuckleRoo
Suddenly it all makes sense.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Skykid wrote:Suddenly it all makes sense.
That was my thought as well :roll:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Cannot be unseen. Though one spends his days saving Romford from the forces of darkness while the other runs round America killing small animals.
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

It's time once again for "BareknuckleRoo acts like a six-year-old and has his ego stroked by yes-men!" Ladies and Gentlemen, step right up!
BareknuckleRoo wrote:His inability to empathize with people he disagrees with
Except oh, oh, what's this? Why, that looks very much like me giving props to someone I disagree with!

Funnily enough, your partner-in-crime Skykid used this as an example of my "stupidity." This is the problem with arguing with either of you--if I actually do something you claim I can't do, then its an example of something else that's wrong with me. This is called "moving the goalposts."
(wishing for gun massacres to happen to/near anti-gun people, saying he wishes he had an excuse to shoot me), his general naïveté ("Seriously, guys, name me ONE, JUST ONE mainstream American TV show that is pro-guns. Hell, name me a mainstream movie that's pro-guns, because there's rarely any of those either." [emphasis mine]),
You know what kind of people pretend a point is so obvious that they don't have to back it up?

Politicians
Religious kooks
Scientologists
Con-men
Kevin Trudeau
and internet morons
his inability to read into deeper meaning (him being unable to understand the reason for the justifiably incredulous "are you serious?" responses to the previous quote), his childish and inane comparisons (comparing gun control to Mario never using powerups),
FACT: Roo compared owning handguns to owning tactical nukes--a comparison which is far more ridiculous than the afformentioned Super Mario one. But of course, it's okay when Roo does it.

(RELATED FACT: Sun Tzu, Zhuge Liang, and Miyamoto Musashi--three of the greatest geniuses ever to grace the human race--often proved points by making references to history or even myth. So apparently, a style of argument that was good enough for men who were trying to survive in notoriously brutal time periods, but for a sheltered neckbeard sitting in the comfort of his mom's basement, they're "dumb." And I bet he doesn't know any of the three men I just named, except maybe through movies or video games)

FACT: Ed Oscuro (unlike myself) was not being antagonistic at all. He actually avoided being snarky or offensive for five pages. And yet even so, BareknuckleRoo eventually started claiming Oscuro had mental problems as well, and began acting like Oscuro and I were no different.

FACT: Roo tried to troll me on a person's private blog, and whined and cried when his attempt got denied. He appears to think "freedom of speech" trumps personal property rights.

CONCLUSION: Roo is little more than an intolerant manchild. His mommy raised him telling him how "speshul" he was and since he led a sheltered life, it went right to his head. Now, on this forum, he's found about three or so like-minded compadres who are willing to praise anything he does, no matter how stupid or inconsequential, and that gives him an unwarranted sense of superiority. He also likes to project his own failings (autism, dunning-krueger syndrome, being a brony...) onto those he perceives as enemies, which implies he hates himself as well.
Last edited by Edmond Dantes on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sly Cherry Chunks

The homophobic jab was a nice touch. Party on, Garth!
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Wait... WHAT "homophobic jab?"
Sly Cherry Chunks

Butt buddy?
Edmond Dantes

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Ouch. didn't realize that was homophobic. Apologies.

Edited it to "partner-in-crime" now.

EDIT: Incidentally I'm really curious as to who that is that MX7 linked to. That resemblance almost scares me.