Ninja Gaiden [NES] + R2RKMF: Scrolling Action Monogatari

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sumez

Re: Ninja Gaiden [NES] + Scrolling Action Monogatari

Post by Sumez »

Skipped the collector's thing. I like zuntata, but not paying €70 for a CD, especially when the regular Switch version is so cheap.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Sumez wrote:Skipped the collector's thing. I like zuntata, but not paying €70 for a CD, especially when the regular Switch version is so cheap.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Shame they didn't just to a pack with the game and CD at a more reasonable price.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

I just got a 1cc in Arcade Contra!! Soooooo happy :D

First time getting to the energy level with no deaths, but got the 'B' and breezed through before beating the boss at my first go at him.

(I know it's considered an easy 1cc.....but let me have this moment.)
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ninja goddamn Spirit, which dropped on the Switch store yesterday with no warning at all.
I don't think this game will ever age, the artwork, the soundtrack, the controls... perfect. Although, amusingly enough, the scrolling and character movement isn't actually that different to that of the oft-lambasted Dracula XX/Vampire's Kiss. :lol:
Unfortunately I was playing it with a dog of a d-pad because I seem to have misplaced the 8bitdo convertor for my SNES mini controllers, so I couldn't get off of the 3rd stage, which I'm sure I used to think was one of the easier ones.....
Will be putting some serious hours into this over the next few weeks.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Marc wrote:Although, amusingly enough, the scrolling and character movement isn't actually that different to that of the oft-lambasted Dracula XX/Vampire's Kiss.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

So moved onto Super Contra (Arcade) on the Anniversary Collection and having a blast. More straight forward running 'n' gunning with less platforming than the original, it's enjoyable and surprised I don't see it mentioned much by people. Can get to the Jungle stage boss on one credit so far and I'll keep at it, though I hear stage 4 is very hard.

Having been limited to salivating over the Contra games in magazines as a young lad, I'm delighted to have the chance to play all these games and can see myself spending a long time with this collection.
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Leviathan wrote:So moved onto Super Contra (Arcade) on the Anniversary Collection and having a blast. More straight forward running 'n' gunning with less platforming than the original, it's enjoyable and surprised I don't see it mentioned much by people. Can get to the Jungle stage boss on one credit so far and I'll keep at it, though I hear stage 4 is very hard.
Super Contra is cool, I put a ton of time into it back when it was first brought out to the 360 many years ago. It's a much harder 1CC than arcade Contra, but it's satisfying when you get it down. Despite the higher difficulty it's still mostly memorization, strategic planning and execution, and being upgraded. There just tends to be more enemies on screen and more moments where you have to do things "just right" or you die (like the tank on the first stage). Having upgraded weapons is really important too and makes life so much easier. I'd often just reset if I lost my upgraded machine gun or spread shot in the first couple of levels.
Marc

Post by Marc »

It's the screen orientation that puts me off Super - game is so much busier that the original that I end up feeling like a lot of deaths are purely due to not having enough warning what's coming. Original rarely got busy enough for it to become a problem.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Have beaten all the Super Contra levels now with one life while practicing. Just got to put it all together on a run now. Like it's predecessor, I do think the game's difficulty has been exaggerated somewhat, though there are places where luck is require (such as the spawning heads on the last stage).
Austin wrote: Super Contra is cool, I put a ton of time into it back when it was first brought out to the 360 many years ago. It's a much harder 1CC than arcade Contra, but it's satisfying when you get it down. Despite the higher difficulty it's still mostly memorization, strategic planning and execution, and being upgraded. There just tends to be more enemies on screen and more moments where you have to do things "just right" or you die (like the tank on the first stage). Having upgraded weapons is really important too and makes life so much easier. I'd often just reset if I lost my upgraded machine gun or spread shot in the first couple of levels.
Totally agree with this. It's harder but memorizing where enemies will come on screen from the front and behind (or that 2 for 1 alien on stage 4), figuring out how to kill bosses quickly and as you said, keeping your weapon upgraded are key. I see most people recommending the spread shot, but the missile/machine gun is my favorite. The added range really helps in the top down levels.
Marc wrote:It's the screen orientation that puts me off Super - game is so much busier that the original that I end up feeling like a lot of deaths are purely due to not having enough warning what's coming. Original rarely got busy enough for it to become a problem.
Can understand that. Memorization and continually moving forward (with exceptions) helps a lot.
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Leviathan wrote:Totally agree with this. It's harder but memorizing where enemies will come on screen from the front and behind (or that 2 for 1 alien on stage 4), figuring out how to kill bosses quickly and as you said, keeping your weapon upgraded are key. I see most people recommending the spread shot, but the missile/machine gun is my favorite. The added range really helps in the top down levels
Same here, the missile/machine gun is my preferred shot and you can get it fully upgraded in the first level which helps with the bosses there. It's got long range on the top-down sections and it's easy to taper the shots one way or the other with the analog-esque aim system the game uses. It's really flexible. Spread shot is definitely my second choice.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

I use the spreadshot because its wider angle partially makes up for the horribly slow aiming. The super machine gun is really cool though, they should've kept it for the later games.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

MISSION UPDATE TO ALL "NINJA WARRIOR/SAVIOR" ANDROIDS:
  • Launches worldwide on July 25th
  • Raiden's special attack seems to involve grabbing things, Yaksa's special attack involves extending her arms diagonally forward while mid-air, probably meaning she's more of an aerial juggle character
  • New moves for all characters? Kamaitachi and Kunoichi are seen doing a new forwards jumping overhead slice?
  • Raiden can shoot fire out of his arms
  • New enemies? There's flying drones who shoot diagonally downwards now
  • Ninja's swing throw actually hits the new ST1 boss with each swing instead of knocking it back on any hit as it used to in the original, implying some general knockback invulnerability here. Who knows how all the bosses have been redesigned.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Volteccer_Jack

Post by Volteccer_Jack »

Got Blazing Chrome, tl;dr version I recommend it.

Game looks and sounds fantastic, with damn fine pixel-work (that shot of the magazine being loaded in the intro <3), a really energetic soundtrack, and sound effects that put me at half-mast every time I fire the machine gun.

There's only 4 guns, including the basic machine gun, but they are all phenomenal. Of particular note is the laser, which you can rapid fire to achieve something not unlike the laser of some Contra titles, or charge up to generate a pulsing beam of violent death that lasts a few seconds. There's also a very Metal Slug-esque proximity melee attack, except I daresay it rips things apart with a degree of visceral satisfaction Metal Slug's puny knives never manage. You lose the melee attack when you're on the bike, but you get a rather unusual replacement, which I won't spoil because it's friggin' sick and discovering it was the highlight of my day.

Some people may take issue with the lack of respawning zakos, meaning you can essentially stop and chill without fear at any time you want. Doesn't bother me much, but it was a minor disappointment.

And Dat Writing LMAO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiHoQlocadY
"Don't worry about quality. I've got quantity!"
kitten

Post by kitten »

forgot to say, but grats welshy on the NG 1cc!!

also, ty grook on the congratulations for actually getting a copy of TNWagainagain, i was worried for a sec i wouldn't get it.

got a bunch of stuff, recently (including a copy of recca, wowzers) that i should probably post in the pick-ups thread when i'm done housesitting in a day or two. my friend visited and delivered them and i played a bunch of it with him or with him watching!

- - - - -

mamona hunter yohko (md) -

managed to beat this one after burning through all my continues, restarting, and then still having to continue a couple of times. didn't even realize the basic attack was a charge until nearly out of continues on my first play (i did at least hit the last level), which is, uh, something.
guess i'm a bit stupid. Image

KLON made a lot of garbage, but this frankly looks, sounds, and even plays pretty well. color me impressed! the method of attack is really deeply idiosyncratic and makes this a pretty uniquely attractive game, on top of everything. while there's still a pretty persistent feeling of offness or mild jank, it holds together pretty well and has a good level of challenge to it. reminds me a lot of alisia dragoon with a considerably lower budget - maybe even a little valis adjacent. the sword strike also reminds me at least a little bit of wing of madoola, as do some of the spastic enemies.

it's only 5 stages long, but each is relatively well-considered and large without compromising a satisfyingly swift pacing. my biggest problem with it is that a few areas are outright brutal, and the game maybe peaks in difficulty on the third stage with the final stage mostly just having some awfully tedious platforming with unpleasant snow physics. i know i'm behind on the shmups curve on evaluating this one's quality (i remember hearing news of it being one of the only worthwhile shojo action games back when i joined), but i might as well drop my two cents in now that i have a copy. with my mtg obsession still roaring, i've no idea if i'm going to get around to 1cc'ing this or the mountain of games piling up which i need to do that with anytime soon. really doubt i'd bother with a nomiss given the game's occasional swells of meanness, but a 1cc seems like it would be pretty sufficiently exciting.

- ~ -

ghost chaser densei: denjin makai (sfc) -

as per usual, i am quite reluctant to bother with emulation, so this is my first time playing this game in any capacity in its oft-touted-as-neutered sfc incarnation. if this is a truly neutered version of this game, it has me very deeply curious as to the quality of the arcade game (which honestly doesn't really look much better), as i pretty much immediately found myself enjoying this a lot. technical moveset, solid pacing, good enemy variety, and a really excellent co-operative mode that makes it so that you're rarely interfering (and sometimes even accidentally just going into neat specials) with your partner. while the robot felt a little too slow and uninteresting for me, the other two characters were both a delight to play.

my problems with the game lied mostly with a couple of really cruel bosses, enemies feeling as if they could attack a bit outside of their lane, and the incredible persistence of offscreen hit-and-run chumps. most of those are relatively minor complaints in the scope of how otherwise well-tuned the game is, and i feel a little taken aback that the series is a bit more of a cult hit than outright widely acclaimed. i guess that despite its competent pixel art, the designs are a bit generic and the palettes (esp background ones) don't really 'pop' all that much - and those are often what an arcade game's success rides or dies on.

got near a 1cc on my 2nd run of the game in co-op, but ended up biting it on the last boss. i might end up playing this one quite a bit more, eventually, it was a good bit of fun. worth noting with this one is that it has 4 enemies simultaneously on-screen at most points, which is more than most other sfc brawlers, and has almost no slowdown even in co-op. really technically impressive, i suspect this is maybe subtly better than the arcade game and certainly had time put into it.

- ~ -

the combatribes (sfc) -

i wasn't... really terribly feeling this one, honestly! i had an incredibly difficult time parsing when i had permission to attack my opponent without (brutal) interruption, half of the game is one stage that is basically all previous stages mildly condensed into one humongous stage, and the movement speed is really irritatingly slow. while it feels a bit like a more compacted double dragon game, at times, i just wasn't getting the impression it had the technical chops that makes something like DDII really shine. it was at least dirt cheap, and i did have some fun co-oping it (managed to finish it on default co-op settings, but only barely), but it largely just felt mean & spiteful & hard to interpret the grooves of.

- ~ -

melfand stories (sfc) -

relatively rudimentary, single-plane beat 'em up/action game by sting. though it has an incredibly charming presentation and numerous branching stages that affect the story, in addition to four playable characters and co-op... the combat system is so rudimentary that there's just not a whole lot to 'get', here. characters all more-or-less just have a block and three hit combo as all they can do (there's a slide that almost never seems very useful and a way to make you spin on your jump that seemingly does nothing), and their key differences lie in movement speed and attack range & speed.

attack speed is significantly more useful than range in most circumstances, which makes playing as the fifty-year-old-elf-in-a-lolita-body a mostly unpleasant experience. a shame, as that's the character i stuck to for most of a few different runs. the spear user also seems much too slow (AND short-ranged) to be of any use, and i found the boy to be the best character with the whip user trailing just a bit behind.

lacking japanese reading comprehension made me not get a lot out of the story, and there are relatively frequent text interruptions implying that it's supposed to be a fair bit of the appeal. the pixel art communicates much of the characters' personalities and motivations, though, and there's a lot of over-the-top flourishes, such as unique hit sprites on your HUD for numerous enemy attacks. overall, for a 1500 yen game, it's hard to be disappointed with what i got, but i really felt like if this had the design chops to match its presentation, that this could have been a seriously quality hidden gem.

- ~ -

nekketsu oyako (saturn) -

man, i was really looking forward to this one and pretty let down by it. i don't know what the deal is with dropped inputs or what on earth was going on, but i don't think i've played another brawler with nearly this budget that seems to have this degree of inconsistency going on with its movelist (which i couldn't find a comprehensive or totally correct version of for the saturn version anywhere, even here). sometimes, i do the exact same input, and the attack just simply doesn't happen or happens differently.

most notably, this would happen when i played the father and tried to do his grab into a double jumping smash. for no reason i could possibly discern, it would sometimes work and sometimes not. timing seemed to not have a thing to do with it, enemy health & type seemed to have nothing to do with it, it would just choose when it decided to work and when not on completely unintelligible factors. this drove me nuts, and my friend who was playing the girl had similar troubles with the aerial special sometimes unleashing in the air and then sometimes unleashing after landing. both of us were constantly a bit confused and annoyed.

these problems proved consistent the entire game and across numerous other moves and led to a frustrating experience. beyond this, the enemy variety felt stale, movement & general action felt somewhat turgid despite being technically demanding, and neither of us really found ourselves getting into it. despite this allegedly being an update to the ps1 version, it still feels really off and almost like technosoft rushed this out the door or just completed it in off hours or something.

- ~ -

crossfire (fc) -

a somewhat obscure run 'n gun for the fc that kind of strikes me like an updated rush'n attack or something. you start out barehanded, but eventually find a machine gun that upgrades kind of like many of the guns in the original nes gi joe game - by adding additional streams of fire. stages are mostly very, very horizontally oriented with very minimal & brief vertical transitions every once in a while.

the vectors of fire and rate of fire on the upgraded machine gun are weird and unwieldy, however, and enemy health starts to skyrocket later in the game. this, compounded with finnicky hit detection and the near-total absence of hit markers on some enemies, can make a lot of the basic combat interaction really frustrating and tedious. the buddha statues in the penultimate stage, in particular, take dozens of shots to kill and can be almost impossible to tell whether you're hitting one or not.

health-ups appear occasionally in the game, but are mostly tied to picking up the (hidden in blocks, almost like castlevania) gun upgrades. what makes this irritating is that there is a rocket launcher upgrade that significantly increases your power that you'll actually want to ditch a couple of times in the game just to get health back from switching back to the machiengun. a lot of hits feel nearly unavoidable and a few bosses (the tank in the 3rd-to-last stage comes to mind) just feel outright mean.

there are also frequent traps that dispense from the ceiling of the stage that have very ambiguous triggers that can re-trigger numerous times while you're trying to take an enemy out before advancing. this feels like it was put there to encourage forward momentum, but often *stifles it* because you've yet to memorize where those things drop-out and can take a hit by doubling back to avoid a bullet and triggering them to drop again.

overall, this feels mostly obscure for a reason, though i think fans of both the genre & the famicom in general won't find their money wasted on the affordable cart. really doubt i'll go back to this one for a 1cc, but i don't regret playing it.

- - - - -

feels like the only significant sfc brawlers i've yet to really try are, uh... undercover cops, which has a price that rivals its board and is frankly making me want to just break into collecting pcbs (even if i hate the game, the nazca sprite art on the attract mode will be prize enough), and something something gourmet whatever - the one by the cho aniki peeps that honestly doesn't look so good.

i also played a bit of metal stoker for the pc engine, which seems a lot like granada divided up into smaller segments. wasn't terribly impressed - i'm also not a granada fan - but it seemed worth digging a bit deeper into when the interest strikes me.

also picked up a couple of other things i might comment on relatively soon.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

kitten wrote: crossfire (fc) -
(...)
affordable cart
Wait what
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I find it interesting that Kyugo used the name CrossFire for the US localization of the MD Super Airwolf, complete with similar logo.
kitten

Post by kitten »

i misremembered the price i got it for - but it seems to go for like 3k to 3500 yen on the regular, which isn't too bad, imho.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Austin

Post by Austin »

I've been messing around with Castlevania and ran into this out-of-bounds secret money bag. Simply hold left on the second floating block there and it will appear after a couple of seconds. I never knew about this. Is there anything else hidden/unobtainable like this in the game?

*edit: Grabbed a video of it too: https://youtu.be/8RTy_wyyI6M
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Austin wrote:I've been messing around with Castlevania and ran into this out-of-bounds secret money bag. Simply hold left on the second floating block there and it will appear after a couple of seconds. I never knew about this. Is there anything else hidden/unobtainable like this in the game?

*edit: Grabbed a video of it too: https://youtu.be/8RTy_wyyI6M
Never heard of that before. Interesting find!
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Good to see you drop in as always, kitten.
kitten wrote:forgot to say, but grats welshy on the NG 1cc!!
Thank you so much! It was quite some time ago, so I'm touched that you would take the time to say so.
kitten wrote:mamona hunter yohko (md)
BIL and quite a few others have sung this game's praises, so it's nice to see this receive your seal of approval as well. As a Hisawaka Aya fan I'll definitely have to try it out soon.
kitten wrote:ghost chaser densei: denjin makai (sfc)
Probably the best belt scroller on the Super Famicom, and one of the best arcade-to-console conversions. And honestly, I feel that the game's soundtrack more than makes up for any character it lacks in graphics. The Stage 1 theme still gets stuck in my head some days...

Did you ever figure out consistent inputs for all of the female character's throws? It's been a while since I've played it, but I seem to remember her having a piledriver-type move that didn't always come out.
kitten wrote:feels like the only significant sfc brawlers i've yet to really try are, uh... undercover cops, which has a price that rivals its board and is frankly making me want to just break into collecting pcbs (even if i hate the game, the nazca sprite art on the attract mode will be prize enough), and something something gourmet whatever - the one by the cho aniki peeps that honestly doesn't look so good.
Undercover Cops SFC is every bit as good as Skykid (and more recently, Perikles) says. It's certainly better balanced than the arcade version.

And just because I'm curious... did you ever get the 1CC in Sailor Moon R? Or did the lullaby music end up being too much?
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
kitten

Post by kitten »

WelshMegalodon wrote:Good to see you drop in as always, kitten.
thanx, meow Image
Probably the best belt scroller on the Super Famicom
i think my favorite is probbbbbably final fight tough, even despite liking this a whole bunch. i just love slamming chumps with haggar too much. this is quite arguably a better co-operative experience, though.
Did you ever figure out consistent inputs for all of the female character's throws? It's been a while since I've played it, but I seem to remember her having a piledriver-type move that didn't always come out.
i'm not sure - from what i remember, the throws were left/right/jump as inputs and changed based on the direction grabbed? or, at least i was assuming direction grabbed. i played so many brawlers back-to-back that i'm a little fuzzy, here. i think there's a piledriver grab that only works if you grab them in mid-air, which i never figured out the exact trigger for (i guess you just move into them before they start an attack).
kitten wrote:Undercover Cops SFC is every bit as good as Skykid (and more recently, Perikles) says. It's certainly better balanced than the arcade version.
uwahhh, it's so expensive though :[ and man, i know some people say the visuals don't take that big a hit, but i grew up on gawking at metal slug in an arcade in the mall my mom worked at and an in the hunt cab at the local pool - nazca's sprite art is some luxurious treat to the eyes to me and from what i've observed from watching a longplay of both, i feel like i'd not be able to stop thinking about it. there's some sheer beauty to their technique that i feel is really unique and lost on that sfc port.

maybe i could.... finally just............. get a flash cart and try it out @ _ @
And just because I'm curious... did you ever get the 1CC in Sailor Moon R? Or did the lullaby music end up being too much?
i didn't. i've got a mountain of games i either feel i *should* 1cc or really want to, but it's been hard for me to focus and a lot of my energy has been going into mtg when i actually have it. i even started playing arena! it feels like a million-games-in-one and i think has a lot more classic gaming sensibilities than one might assume. i really think more people here would like it than they'd think if given a fair chance.
Image | Image
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

3rd The Ninja Warriors Once Again trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkzwGErK4k
Goes through each character and shows some advanced techniques.

This one is the real deal, goddamn. Couldn't hype the game up much more than that..
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Zaarock wrote:3rd The Ninja Warriors Once Again trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkzwGErK4k
Goes through each character and shows some advanced techniques.

This one is the real deal, goddamn. Couldn't hype the game up much more than that..
This is sicker than Medieval Europe during the Black Plague. Even throwing in red blood and the original arcade version soundtrack in there too.

Ninja and Kunoichi still look kick-ass, I'm curious as to how the new moves will complement their playstyle. Kamaitachi looks like he's been upgraded into a fucking blender. Yaksha looks like a very interesting character to get to grips with with all her combo potential. I'm hoping Raiden isn't just a gimmick character, though just grabbing enemies costing meter and being attacked essentially freezing you seems like his massive CC potential is offset by being incredibly vulnerable when he loses control of the situation, much like Ninja compared to the others. I love how he's now the only able one to grab the upscaled ST1 bosses.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME OR MY SON"
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Ok. I am officially on the hype train.

Going to wait for a Steam release, but if that doesn't happen I will pick it up for ps 4.
My lord, I have come for you.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Agh, is it too late for me to try to get a 1CC of my SFC cart in before this thing is out?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

And in news that no one is surprised about Yuzo is confirmed on the SOR 4 ost:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/17/y ... oundtrack/

The list of composers for this game is a who's who, so even if the game sucks the ost won't.
My lord, I have come for you.
Marc

Post by Marc »

I'm still not sold on the visuals, but that's good news.
Goddamn, TNWAA looks better every time they show it. I wanted to go back to the SNES version but I'm playing the gimped version, so makes sense to wait for this now. Although I can't help wondering if it'll end up like Wild Guns, where everybody seemed to prefer the original anyways.
it290

Post by it290 »

Really? I vastly prefer the new WG if for nothing more than the expanded FOV.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Yeah, I've not heard of anyone saying they prefer the original Wild Guns as if it were vastly better or anything. That being said, the remake's not perfect - it's generally the game with more content to play with and is better, but it has some weird issues:

• The levels you get in the level select are determined by difficulty, instead of being able to play all levels on all difficulties. To see all the levels, you have to play through the three difficulty modes (or at least Easy then Hard). However, in Multiplayer, the difficulty you play is hard-locked to the # of players. 2 players gets Easy, 3 gets Normal, 4 gets Hard. There is no way to do the Hard course in 2 player as far as I can tell. It's very strange.

• The shooting gallery minigames from the SNES version are removed entirely.

• The darkness gimmick in that one level sucks, and in particular makes no sense in the second section where everything is lit up by magma. It's got a neat boss at least, but the darkness thing feels like it's to the detriment of the game. At least it's not as bad as Dragon Spirit's dark level, as in literally the worst shmup level ever made.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm not good at Wild Guns, so I'm not an authority, but I vastly prefer the original. The 16:9 perspective is too much for me, and I just consistently die at the second stage in the game. Too much showing up across the entire field, and it overwhelms me before I can take everyone down. In the original I can make it much, much further without much of a hassle.

I think I'm just missing something though, because I haven't noticed anyone else having trouble with it.