Nightmare Fuel

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Re: Nightmare Fuel

Post by Skykid »

^ First glance at that I and I thought it must be a Chinese toilet.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ptoing

Post by ptoing »

You win 100 points. The pictures were taken by a friend of mine while he was in China. I think this was a public toilet in either Shanghai or Beijing.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I've seen worse in Beijing, your average gonggong cesuo in front of the railway station, with literally a mount of crap of about 50cm in height / over 1m diameter.
That was in 2001 so I bet it has been destroyed sometime before the olympics.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Only ever seen one that came close, but nothing as bad as that. That's an abomination. Needs to be killed with several incendiaries.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Lloyd Mangram

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

JESUS FUCK!

What in the hell is that?!
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

Lord Satori wrote:JESUS FUCK!

Obviously it's 250r's of Macca Hetto. Duh!!!
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JzxG0cnpg

So uh... apparently Life Alert has made a new extremely morbid commercial.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Lord Satori wrote:JESUS FUCK!

It's what happens to Darius bosses when they fail.

"I've always wanted a thing called Tuna Sashimi."

Lord Satori wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JzxG0cnpg

So uh... apparently Life Alert has made a new extremely morbid commercial.
Morbid? Maybe. A more realistic depiction of just such a situation? Yes.

What's funny is how offended and irate some of the commenters are. They want the commercial banned :lol:
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Actually I can understand why. If you're not in a good mindset and you're watching tv to distract yourself or something, and all of a sudden a commercial about a helpless old lady who probably dies comes in out of nowhere, it would definitely set them off. It's effective, I'll give them that, but it seems a bit excessive considering it's just an ad and not a PSA of some kind.

I have yet to see this commercial on TV, and I certainly hope I don't. As a hasty reaction, I wound up signing that petition that was linked in the comments section, and I probably shouldn't have. (though after I did, 5 much more important petitions were introduced, a few of which I signed, so I suppose in a way its a good thing) I guess I'm just too empathetic for my own good. :roll:
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

It's an ad to be sure, but an ad for a rather helpful device that my own grandmother had to use more than once because she needed help. It warrants a serious commercial instead the silly "I've fallen and I can't get up" thing that was used for years.

It's kind of strange how in a reality TV-centric world, we get a commercial with the reality of falling when you're alone, and people want it gone. Weird.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

More fuel, this time with otorhinolaryngology;

If anyone ever got some sinus/lung affection so bad that it required endoscopic vacuum therapy (from nose down to trachea) please share your experience of those long minutes when you were trying to scream (but couldn't) 'it's sucking my brains and soul out !'

One refinement to that torture is that the discharge tubes usually are transparent and hanging in the air over the operation table, so while you're lying down in pain you can also see all the green, red and yellow stuff pumped out of your head, nicely mixed in that solution that's being forced into you via your other nostril.

And after that it's camera probe time, still down to the trachea of course, just to check you know...

Couldn't find any action videos, sorry...
Last edited by Xyga on Tue May 27, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The Coop wrote:It's kind of strange how in a reality TV-centric world, we get a commercial with the reality of falling when you're alone, and people want it gone. Weird.
Reality TV has very little to do with actual reality, hence its popularity.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Xyga wrote: Couldn't find any action videos, sorry...
Nobody is disappointed, I assure you.
The Coop wrote: It's kind of strange how in a reality TV-centric world, we get a commercial with the reality of falling when you're alone, and people want it gone. Weird.
When media holds up a mirror to reality, reality is often disgusted by it's own reflection, and averts its eyes.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Anybody ever read the Halloween comics? Specifically Nightdance. Pretty standard stuff, but the ultraviolence is mixed in with thought bubbles of the characters as they're being killed. Disturbing, especially when paired with the sadistic ways He kills them off.
antron

Post by antron »

Casio, you know the scene.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Aww yeee!

"Can you hear me Anthony, I got your head in a fuckin' vise. You don't talk I'm gonna squash it like a muddafuckin' grapefruit. Now don't make me be a bad guy..."

Unrelated: a gut-wrenchingly NSFW Chris Chan classic.
antron

Post by antron »

Actually no, not that one. God I hate that movie.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

BIL wrote:
Unrelated: a gut-wrenchingly NSFW Chris Chan classic.
What the actual fuck? He posted that publicly on youtube, or did somebody get a hold of it and re-upload it?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Google pictures of chris chan for more trauma.
BIL

Post by BIL »

antron wrote:Actually no, not that one. God I hate that movie.
Ah, the
Spoiler
cornfield bludgeoning + live burial
then! Windpipe pen stab and face smashed in + ziplock baggie super combo resonate too. Some memorably stinging mob violence in that 1995 flick indeed, far surpassing that of director Martin Scorsese's previous De Niro/Pesci collaborations Raging Bull and Goodfellas. ^_~
jonny5 wrote:What the actual fuck? He posted that publicly on youtube, or did somebody get a hold of it and re-upload it?
To the big CWC's credit, it was set up and then leaked. He does publicly post plenty of similarly godawful shit though, poor guy.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Who's CWC by the way?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Cult internet laughing stock / legendary trolling victim. Not quite as oldschool as Harlequin Fetus / Goatse / Tubgirl (early 00s GameFAQs holy trinity of suicide posts), but he had his heyday several years back now.
guigui

Post by guigui »

BIL wrote: ... Tubgirl ...
Jesus, I was working there, took a pause, checked shmups forum and thought "I am stronger than Nightmare Fuel Thread".
So I googled Tubgirl.
You know what ? I am actually weaker than Nightmare Fuel Thread, and proud of it. Lets meet in the F**k thread :arrow:
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Yeah, I tried to wiki CWC, came up with nothing, so I stopped there. I'm not going with regular ol' google because then I'd get a traumatic image of some kind. If I couldn't get an oldschool down to business article, then I'd get nothing and like it.
BIL

Post by BIL »

He was specifically banned by Wiki from creating a page for himself. :lol:
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

though I love his work.. Jan Svankmajer has a ton of nightmare fuel.

my favorite short of his is his "food" bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oOLuBxgYHc
a creature... half solid half gas
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yes, he's awesome! (I love creepy surreal stuff... it's hellishly filthy bathrooms and the like that give me the prickly wicklies) I rewatched his Faust recently, so low-fi yet utterly unhinged. Glorious stop-motion abominations abound.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Wow, those are freaky! Since it's clearly clay and stop motion, It doesn't bother me as much as some of the more morbid things...

Back to the things mentioned above, (CWC, Harlequin fetus, Goatse, tub girl) I'm curious yet I'm inclined to stay away. I've seen a harlequin baby before when it was being discussed on a chatroom at an anime site, but I'm sort of wondering about the other three. Does anyone mind
providing a non-image description? I absolutely refuse to use google, as that would include images.

I'm assuming that they all (except CWC maybe?) have to do with medical anomalies. It's funny how with all the demonic abominations found in various art, movies, games, etc, reality always find a way to be much scarier.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

BIL wrote:Yes, he's awesome! (I love creepy surreal stuff... it's hellishly filthy bathrooms and the like that give me the prickly wicklies) I rewatched his Faust recently, so low-fi yet utterly unhinged. Glorious stop-motion abominations abound.
so good :>

his version of alice gave me nightmares when I was younger haha.

and it really took me a bit to enjoy his work, but worth it nonetheless.
a creature... half solid half gas