Kururin Paradise

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BrianC

Kururin Paradise

Post by BrianC »

I have been playing the Kururin Paradise I got from Play-Asia recently. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's very similar to the first one where you control a spinning bar like ship and try to prevent it from touching the walls. The main difference in the sequel is the ability to speed up the spinning of the ship. This helps quicken the pace a bit. The addition of mini games is nice too. There's even a tated mini game (it's not a shmup, though). The addition of unlocking blocked off areas in levels with a key is very nice too. Last time I checked, this game is still $19.99 at Play-Asia. Definatly a good deal.

The sequel, Kururin Squash is $29.99 at play asia. I heard good things about it, but I haven't played it. If it is anywhere near as good as the first two, I highly recommend picking it up.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

You do realize you're spending hours and hours playing with a stick, right?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Bar81 wrote:You do realize you're spending hours and hours playing with a stick, right?
Just like how I spent hours and hours playing with a ball in Marble Madness, dancing to the music while trying to hit arrows on the screen, playing with a monkey in a ball in Super Monkey Ball, and controlling a yellow round circle with a mouth. Sometimes the most simple sounding concepts can be a ton of fun to play. Both KuruKuru Kururin and Kururin Paradise mix things up with springs that change direction and wild level design, though the designs get a bit more wild in Paradise. I personally like the music of KuruKuru Kururin better, though they both have good music.

Anyone else play Kururin here? If so, would you like to post best times for the levels or a replay video? My times suck and I'm just playing to get through the levels now, but when I play for speed, I'll try and post a few.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I could've sworn that I read that both of these titles would be released in one package in the near future. Anyone else confirm this? I always wanted to check these titles out.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Jon wrote:I could've sworn that I read that both of these titles would be released in one package in the near future. Anyone else confirm this? I always wanted to check these titles out.
I haven't heard anything about that, but, as I said before, Play-Asia has Kururin Paradise for 19.90 (not including the shipping. The chepest shipping for it is like 3.80, not too bad. Odd how air economy bubble isn't a choice for it) and the GCN Kururin Squash for 29.90. The Advance Wars games are in a two pack in Japan, though. I'll try to look up info to see if I can find anything more about possible two packs. I know Dr. Mario and Panel de Pon will be in a two pack too, but I'm curious about which versions they will be based on.
Jon

Post by Jon »

BrianC wrote:
Jon wrote:I could've sworn that I read that both of these titles would be released in one package in the near future. Anyone else confirm this? I always wanted to check these titles out.
I haven't heard anything about that, but, as I said before, Play-Asia has Kururin Paradise for 19.90 (not including the shipping. The chepest shipping for it is like 3.80, not too bad. Odd how air economy bubble isn't a choice for it) and the GCN Kururin Squash for 29.90. The Advance Wars games are in a two pack in Japan, though. I'll try to look up info to see if I can find anything more about possible two packs. I know Dr. Mario and Panel de Pon will be in a two pack too, but I'm curious about which versions they will be based on.
Heck, twenty bucks for an import gba game is still pretty smoking as far as deals go. I just tried a little research on the Kururin double pack and found nothing so it might have been a figment of my imagination. Dont watse to much time trying to dig up info Brian. Thanks for the heads up on the cheap game. :wink: