beatmania IIDX thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Aleksei

Re: beatmania IIDX thread

Post by Aleksei »

I didn't know where to put this so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX096qZP7r4

lolz
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

So I've been meaning to for a while but I'm going to be taking the IIDX plunge soon (need to get a controller first). The question is which in the series should I start off with first? Don't worry about beginner accessibility, just which one do you guys think would be worth playing?
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Each game includes everything before it, so go with 20th tricoro.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Tricoro is definitely the way to go. It takes a little bit of work to get it running, but it's absolutely worth the effort. Tons of songs, much better Hi-Speed system, very accessible timing adjustment, and access to online score saving and network events (provided you set it up right).

If you must play one of the PS2 console releases, Empress (16th) is the best, but tends to be unreasonably expensive. Realistically any of the later releases (13th, 14th, 15th, or 16th) is going to be good.

I just started playing IIDX myself in November, so I'm not that good yet (about at the hard 7/mid 8/very easy 9 range at the moment). But it's incredibly fun and stupidly addicting.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Cut your teeth on 10th Style AC, and then jump to Tricoro and feel like the game is suddenly really forgiving.

Or RED. RED has the best interface.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely pick up a PS2 port sometime soon as well.
I'm not sure how to set up Tricoro so I've gone with the next best alternative and started building a library on Lunatic Rave 2.
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I tried everything and gave up on TriCoRo, but LR2 is basically the closest thing.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Yeah. I end up failing the network check on Tricoro's boot up and I don't really know how to remedy it.

EDIT: Actually, does anyone have a Tricoro skin for LR2 at least? :D
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

-solved-
Last edited by Formless God on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

*snip*
Last edited by SuperSoaker360 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Congrats!

Now you begin the wonderful period of trying to calibrate everything so that your monitor timings feel solid and consistent. Which for me was a long and painful process. :|

Maybe I just have an awkward setup for tricoro though.
I love Ibara.
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

Wuh, how come no one told me there's a IIDX thread?

Hi.
me → Image
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

How the hell do I have more As then you Nereid!? :shock:

All those AA/AAA... your timing is too good. Jelly.

Though you have been playing for like 10x as long as me so I guess it's not that surprising but still

Whee I suck!
I love Ibara.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

I am playing this game on my keyboard. I can do a couple of 11s but I'm usually down in the 9s and 10s. Supposed to pick up a controller from Khoa sometime so hopefully I'll actually be able to do Beach Side Bunny without having to kill my pinky by hitting a button to scratch.

What does that thing next to SP/ mean?
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:What does that thing next to SP/ mean?
Dan rank, so I'm 10dan SP (and 1dan DP, but that doesn't matter). Clear a dan course (段位認定) to get a ranking. You could probably do 7dan, judging by your clears.
Softdrink 117 wrote:How the hell do I have more As then you Nereid!? :shock:
Because I have AA/AAA instead. I have 4 Bs, and nothing below that.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:I am playing this game on my keyboard. I can do a couple of 11s but I'm usually down in the 9s and 10s. Supposed to pick up a controller from Khoa sometime so hopefully I'll actually be able to do Beach Side Bunny without having to kill my pinky by hitting a button to scratch.
How did you manage to get to 11s in ten days? That's pretty amazing.

And yeah Nereid, I know that. It was a joke. :P
I love Ibara.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Softdrink 117 wrote:How did you manage to get to 11s in ten days? That's pretty amazing.
I have some prior experience to playing 7 keys.

This game's judgement accuracy is kicking my ass though. Way more strict than other rhythm games I've played. AA-Rank seems nigh impossible for me already!
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Ah, gotcha. I didn't know Osu had a 7key mode...

And yeah the timing is very strict. If I remember correctly the P. Great (flashing Great) window is one frame before and zero after.

Have you made sure your Tricoro setup is stable? Even after tweaking mine a lot to get it as optimized as I can, I still get a little drift sometimes, and I occasionally have input issues thanks to the PS2->USB converter that I use. If you're fighting against the game it gets way harder.
I love Ibara.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

It should be fine but I'm still unsure of the offset. I seem to be fairly consistent with it set to +3 at the moment but I'm not really concerning myself too much on offset until I start using an actual controller. It's a bit frustrating when I lose my timing during songs though and I end up hitting a large streak of only "Good" notes without any hitspark. :lol:

I have a ton of questions for this game still. What's the whole "event" system thing? And some songs (only some of the unlockables) are missing charts. They are listed with 000BPM and they kick me back into the main menu shortly after I select them.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Heh god I know that feeling. :roll:

The events (if you're talking about what I think you're talking about) are basically special mini-game type things which occur based on a server schedule. Completing parts of them unlocks songs, but you can also just buy these unlocks in the Psun dellar shop, so unless you actually want to play through the events you don't strictly need to do so. There are three in total, one for each color of Tricoro (Tricoro = three colors = red, blue, yellow). The Psun server is currently going through Yellow phase, the last event, which is basically a set of "bosses" that you fight along with allies at your registered home arcade. Every time you finish a round (regardless of type), you enter an area where you can choose which of the boss enemies to fight. You do damage based on your character's attack level, which is completely arbitrary and based only on how many of these battles you've played in Yellow phase already.

It sounds to me though like you might not have the latest data set. Mod edit - details of data set removed as it comes a shade too close too revealing too much in terms guiding people to downloading a currently in market arcade release's data. No forum rules broken, so no hard feelings at all. Do PM spadgy if the edit feels excessive. Original post saved in case there's a case for returning the post to it's original form.
I love Ibara.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Looks like I don't. Mod edit - see immediately above.
RaidenViper

Post by RaidenViper »

Guys please help me out. I finally got Tricoro up and running. But I can't get the e-amusment pass thing to work. The game will only start with the pcbevent value set to ''0'' in the ea3_config.xm.

Btw this is my setup. as you can see, this e-amusement message is always on the screen during the demo :?
KAI

Post by KAI »

Sound Voltex is finally "playable". Anyone here playing it?
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

KAI wrote:Sound Voltex is finally "playable". Anyone here playing it?
Started playing it last night. Addictive as hell.

Shoutout to Khoa for letting me buy his makeshift controller off of him.

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Tupperware Voltex
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

That controller is awesome.

When my wallet recovers from all of the shit that has been raping it recently I want to get some parts and make myself an SDVX controller, game looks like great fun.

Also WHY WON'T MY DAO GET HERE ALREADY :evil:
I love Ibara.
RaidenViper

Post by RaidenViper »

Anyone know where I can find Spada theme/skin for LR2?
KAI

Post by KAI »

beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Looks like Bemani is taking a page from Pokemon with their colors.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Looks more DJMAX than Pokeymans to me actually.

Clock theme? How many dicks do I need to suck to get this song into it?