Ace Combat

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

What is your favorite Ace Combat game?

Air Combat
4%
Ace Combat 2
4%
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
29%
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
21%
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
8%
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
8%
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
17%
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
4%
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
No votes
Ace Combat Joint Assault
4%

Total votes: 24

Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Re: Ace Combat

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Maybe "Third Strike" refers to a 3rd location that was affected by the Ulysses asteroid impact; we've already had 2 games that referred to it; 4 and 6. Perhaps this new game is set in a previously unexplored nation.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Gespenst wrote:Why suddenly I'm always thinking it'll be for 3DS and/or a console F2P game?
Ah, know what you mean. Feels like a number of new, interesting releases have been going that route as of late.

Got an 3DS XL on it's way as we speak, so I'm really excited to get to play AH Legacy/Cross Rumble sometime in the future. (Why did they remove the circle pad-support? Will it be patched in? D: )

Actually, could this possibly be a PS Vita release? :?
CHECKPOINT!
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot wrote:Maybe "Third Strike" refers to a 3rd location that was affected by the Ulysses asteroid impact; we've already had 2 games that referred to it; 4 and 6. Perhaps this new game is set in a previously unexplored nation.
Not sure about that, the text suspiciously resembles classic AC-style chatter though.
ACAH's radio message caption goes like this:
<<War Wolf 1>>
Looking for action

AC6:
Allied Squadron
<<all out attack!!>>
It might also refering to the fact that it's the third hint of the reveal (the first one was the new Project Aces logo, the second one was the 'sky fe||' text, and this is the third one. Also 'Second Strike" was AC4's briefing theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKSwwn_ ... r_embedded
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Ji-L87 wrote: Got an 3DS XL on it's way as we speak, so I'm really excited to get to play AH Legacy/Cross Rumble sometime in the future. (Why did they remove the circle pad-support? Will it be patched in? D: )
The US version was released before the JP version. As far as I know, CPP support was added to the Japanese version, not removed from the US version. The US version came out before the CPP was released in Japan.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Uh, now's for something related to AC6?
http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Kottos
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Is this other website by any chance also related to this new Ace Combat?
http://newgame1.bngames.net/
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot wrote:Is this other website by any chance also related to this new Ace Combat?
http://newgame1.bngames.net/
Nope.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Now it says something different. It says <<Ridgeback One. Edge, report.>> I would have posted a screenshot, but I am on my iPod.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Here?

Apparently this means that someone's theory that the chatter text implying a countdown to reveal is indeed true:
2 days ago: "Here comes the third strike!" (T-3)
yesterday: "All engines on Kottos 2 destroyed!" (T-2)
today: "Ridgeback One. Edge, report." (T-1)

Also Kono (Project Aces' boss) posted this *teaser* on his twitter yesterday.
https://twitter.com/kazutoki/status/357 ... 53/photo/1
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Apparently this means that someone's theory that the chatter text implying a countdown to reveal is indeed true:
2 days ago: "Here comes the third strike!" (T-3)
yesterday: "All engines on Kottos 2 destroyed!" (T-2)
today: "Ridgeback One. Edge, report." (T-1)

Also Kono (Project Aces' boss) posted this *teaser* on his twitter yesterday.
https://twitter.com/kazutoki/status/357 ... 53/photo/1
This is so exciting! :P I wonder what the website will show tomorrow. Also that photo that Kono posted looks like it could be the emblem for a new fighter squadron.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

The teaser website now shows a red infinity symbol in the middle of the page.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot wrote:The teaser website now shows a red infinity symbol in the middle of the page.
Tomorrow's the official reveal, I suppose. The infinity symbol could also refer to Zero's last mission loading quote:
"Without beginning or end, the ring stretches into the infinite."

Still hoping this isn't a f%cking huge-ass MMO or such
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Gespenst wrote:Tomorrow's the official reveal, I suppose. The infinity symbol could also refer to Zero's last mission loading quote:

Yes, it's been confirmed that tomorrow is the reveal according to one of Kazutoki Kono's tweets. Also, I'm sure they won't torture their fans by giving them another letdown right after Assault Horizon. (At least I hope not.)
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot wrote:
Gespenst wrote:Tomorrow's the official reveal, I suppose. The infinity symbol could also refer to Zero's last mission loading quote:

Yes, it's been confirmed that tomorrow is the reveal according to one of Kazutoki Kono's tweets. Also, I'm sure they won't torture their fans by giving them another letdown right after Assault Horizon. (At least I hope not.)
There would be two 'better' outcome:
-AC Infinity is essentially all PS2 Ace Combat + 6 remastered in HD with shittons of other bonus contents & new planes
-A brand new story spanning those wars from AC4-era (or maybe Belkan War too) until AC6 era, I'm thinking of something like Front Mission 5's decade-spanning story.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/ace_comba ... er_25.html

See? See what I've been talking about. Apparently $camco doesn't like money and they never will.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Augh. :evil: Namco just doesn't get it. Or maybe Namco just don't get "us".

Well, the game itself looks like it could be fun but I want at least a physical box. I really do : <
I'd even burn the game to a disc myself and slap it into a case with some artwork if you'd just let me, Namco. :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Ji-L87 wrote:Augh. :evil: Namco just doesn't get it. Or maybe Namco just don't get "us".

Well, the game itself looks like it could be fun but I want at least a physical box. I really do : <
I'd even burn the game to a disc myself and slap it into a case with some artwork if you'd just let me, Namco. :mrgreen:
I'm afraid they don't have any brain to understand any of "us" to start with :\

Once again this is what do you want to expect from a stupid corporation who started Tekken and RidgeBurnout Racer F2P recently.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

After watching the trailer and hearing that it is a downloadable only title, I don't really know what to expect from this one. I am very confused at the moment. But I am glad it's for PS3, which means I am getting it when it launches. So anyway, here is my analysis of the trailer: it clearly shows a map of the real world (Ugh, dissapointedly) BUT they clearly show Stonehenge from AC4 also. The timeline showing the years fast-forwards from 1896 to 2019. In another brief frame a pair of headphones are shown with a pixelated outline of Mappy the mouse. (Which explains the creepy girl humming the Mappy theme music at the beginning.) In another frame, a glimpse of the Aigaion from AC6 is seen. Also shown is a country near the Black Sea colored red and labeled as "Iyuli". The last thing to be shown is a PAK-FA, the plane that Markov, antagonist of Assault Horizon flew. Hopefully more information will be revealed soon, because this messed with my head a little.
Last edited by Furry Fox Jet Pilot on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Faith in Namco -100
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

KAI wrote:Faith in Namco -100
I know what you mean, I am starting to feel like that too. :evil: What do we have to do in order to receive a proper Ace Combat 7? >_<
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

You know what could be even worse?

Ace Combat classic Strangereal campaigns as DLC, each campaign/mission (Zero, 4, 5, 6) sold separately with ridiculous price.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Gespenst wrote:You know what could be even worse?

Ace Combat classic Strangereal campaigns as DLC, each campaign/mission (Zero, 4, 5, 6) sold separately with ridiculous price.
That would be a nightmare come true. :( Speaking of nightmares, I had some very strange dreams the night before the AC Infinity reveal.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot wrote:
Gespenst wrote:You know what could be even worse?

That would be a nightmare come true. :( Speaking of nightmares, I had some very strange dreams the night before the AC Infinity reveal.
It's $camco we're talking about, DLC is their source of life.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

ugh. F2P. Their 3DS announcement was disappointing too. A collection of licensed Bandai FC titles, a few of which were pretty weak.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Good news, good news. Apparently someone in PCSX2 forum was kind enough to make a hack tool to fix AC5/ACZ's lack of collision detection.

It's at least *slightly* more playable now (the graphics still hasn't been fixed yet though).
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ace-Comb ... #pid312640
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

*** WARNING: Rant Approaching ***

Just got Ace Combat AH: Legacy in the mail yesterday, so I'm only a few missions in but....am I weird, or just really picky, with not really feeling *it* in this game? To me, it pretty much feels & looks like the PSP-games but on more capable hardware - something with how the visuals look.
And...ultimately I never liked those too much.

Worse though, and I know I'm just a few missions in, but I'm not really getting the AC 2-vibes either. Aside from the emblem (and hangar music?) and the inclusion of Edge and that other guy I never use, this doesn't look or feel like AC 2 at all. Visuals & game mechanics are different and the same goes for the design of the user interface & overall audiovisual presentation. Not trying to clank down on the music just yet though, there's some epic stuff in there and I want to hear more what the game has to offer on this part.

Also, I feel like the framerate drops constantly, not a big fan of motion blur and I'm somehow just not getting immersed the way I want....

That said, I will spend more time with the game :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

https://twitter.com/PROJECT_ACES/status ... 6665692160
100% more disappointment coming this week

...maybe?

update: To be specific, tomorrow.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccY4YER ... e=youtu.be

Familiar voices...

Familiar faces....

PASS! (in the negative way)

Sorry, even with 'bringing back whatever Strangereal used to have into the real world', I never any interest with F2Ps. Unless if the campaign is still playable in singleplayer, that is. I'm a sucker for multiplayers/MMOs in general.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Personally, I'm more interested now.

Though my opinion on digital releases, F2P "freemium"-games, DLC and the like still stands, the return of the near-future sci-fi-stuff have made me slightly more positive to this. It's basically what got me interested in the games in the first place.

Willing to try at least.
CHECKPOINT!
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Ji-L87 wrote:Personally, I'm more interested now.

Though my opinion on digital releases, F2P "freemium"-games, DLC and the like still stands, the return of the near-future sci-fi-stuff have made me slightly more positive to this. It's basically what got me interested in the games in the first place.

Willing to try at least.
The problem is, it's $camco we're talking about and we should know their DLC scamming practice is always beyond terrible.