HAK the planet!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
dbd

HAK the planet!

Post by dbd »

Remember back when 'cheat codes' were called 'hacks'?

Is there a database or website out there that has a dedicated list of availible hacks, all on topic of course, this board's topic I mean.

I'd like one arranged into key-ins separated from those other types of codes, that require a gameshark or other additionals to get them to run.

There used to be tonnes of stuff like this, another fave hack was maps - maps of the levels and where what comes out and it's firing patterns, and these could be drawn-over, with acetates say, (obviously not required so much thesedays...) with info. on where best paths thru and positions for waits and so forth.

Reason I am typing this is that a lot of cheat sites I have been to post stuff that is in the game manuals as if that counts as 'tips' or 'cheats'.......

well, yeah, if the manual is not in the language you know then maybe that would count, but these are English-speaking sites posting about games with English instruction manuals........

so then of course if you have the game then you'll already have all that information on it...........

Another weird thing that makes no sense is how in any game scoring instructions as-normal, all the information on that is easily condensed into about a small page, maximum, which can be shown in tabular data mode.

example -

picture of enemy - points you get to kill it

boss - points you get to kill it

pictures of power-ups - points, and what do they do

additional data, eg - time-based chain-kills, hanging-10 and freezing it up so you can shoot for ages and get more points than usual, different weapons scoring systems too...

but - usually if you look that game up to try and get a translation, it isn't lifted from the actual game instructions, it's an essay or sometimes a small novella.

OK, maybe I will have to get around to doing this all myself, but it could take years to learn enough Japanese to read a basic manual, and I don't even have any books or dictionaries yet either. Tho' I have done a bit of recce on that, and there are large volumes availible where you can look up words by their written characters, so it is doable.
dbd

Post by dbd »

MOD EDIT: post deleted, inappropriate flaming content. -TF
TVG

Post by TVG »

yay, finally.

1 less mentally challenged individual.

im inclined to agree tough, saying shmups is kinda gay.
angrycoder

Post by angrycoder »

Are you fucking insane or do you just have one too many chromosomes?
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Christ, db.

Who pissed in your Froot Loops? :/
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

Was it my breath?
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

Goodbye. Are you talking about the post where you prostituted yourself for play-asia? Heh... you've got tiny ones to do that.

Bill
landshark

Post by landshark »

Skyline wrote:Christ, db.

Who pissed in your Froot Loops? :/
ahahahahahahaah

gonna have to remember that one.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

"...useless montauk zombie cunts"?.....

I LOVE IT!

Thanks so much dbd, I think I'll use that as a name for one of my fictitious punk bands! That's awesome! :D

BTW, I love the overall quality, coherence, knowledgeability, and "on-topicness" of your first post. You will be sorely missed....
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Moved to OT and locked.