Your Dream Game Hackz

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Re: Your Dream Game Hackz

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

opt2not wrote:TMNT: Tournament Fighters

I'd love to see this game updated with better balance between characters, a speed upgrade, and perhaps a re-working of the super attack ability. Possibly adding a dash forward ability too!
A speed hack alone would be incredible, especially if it got up to the rate of ST or Hyper fighting.
This is one of my favourite games of all time. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

TheRedKnight wrote:
opt2not wrote:TMNT: Tournament Fighters

I'd love to see this game updated with better balance between characters, a speed upgrade, and perhaps a re-working of the super attack ability. Possibly adding a dash forward ability too!
A speed hack alone would be incredible, especially if it got up to the rate of ST or Hyper fighting.
This is one of my favourite games of all time. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Mine too, but it's far from perfect.
Do you think gaining super-meter on blocks is good design? It's like punishing the opposing player for being defensive against spam attacks.
the_last_shmupper

Post by the_last_shmupper »

I've never played TMNT: Tournament Fighters, but I do remember my first impressions of the original Street Fighter 2, I thought wow is this game slow. Luckily they came out with a Turbo edition.

For anyone serious about their TMNT: Tournament Fighters, someone could remake the game using the sprites. Assuming the game cannot be hacked with some extreme Game Genie codes and an emulator.

The only real game hacks I can think of is health for a lot of the original NES games or at least more lives per continue or more continues. Those are all things that can be done with Game Genie.
BIL

Post by BIL »

MY HOME DADDY wrote:Elemental Master [MD] "arcade" difficulty setting with instant deaths and checkpoint restarts (add a life stock with a couple score extends and healthy remaining stock bonus, keep the shield item as-is). This would be on a par with Gun.Smoke for groundbased-vert terror.
Aw sheeit, Psycho Chaser (PCE) is kiiinda like this. :o Will undoubtedly annoy many with its monster hitbox and checkpoints, but it multi-weapon battling does capture some of the feeling I'm after. Is CHEEP too! Also badass futurepocalypse stylings, title screen with seemingly crucified cyber-torso in u face is rad.

edit: Jesus this topic goes back a ways.
YOUNG_BIRU wrote:Shoddy on some of its fundamentals, for sure (a sidescroller with camera issues...).
Ohoho you little spring chicken prick, you had no idea did you? I'VE SEEN SO MUCH 2D CAMERA FUCKERY THESE LAST COUPLE YEARS >w< But soon it will all be over...

Regs, PUNISHED_BIRU
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

BIL wrote:Aw sheeit, Psycho Chaser (PCE) is kiiinda like this. :o Will undoubtedly annoy many with its monster hitbox and checkpoints, but it multi-weapon battling does capture some of the feeling I'm after. Is CHEEP too! Also badass futurepocalypse stylings, title screen with seemingly crucified cyber-torso in u face is rad.
Yes, Psycho Chaser is one of those unsung little HuCard shooters despite its astute design - if someone lesser had to design this game with these hitboxes it could've been a nightmare of Dimension Force extents, but it is certainly one of the better console-exclusives. Final Blaster is another neat game, and I also think that the first Download is a rad game, too (considerably better than the second one in my opinion). Hana Tahka Daka!? is incredibly cute, I'd be hard-pressed to name another game that is so adorable. You also need to check out Violent Soldier, BIL - the first three stages are rather boring, the fourth one is interesting and the last two stages are utterly ingenious. One of the most jarring spikes in difficulty in any shooter for sure, but damn, those two stages are glorious. :o
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Third Strikes graphics, presentation, music. Ultra's roster.

Four bar super meter, super art when full, no revenge meter.

Alpha counter instead of parries.
My lord, I have come for you.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Guwange with attract mode showing even with FREE PLAY on would be a nice fix.

GAREGGA without the logo in the attract mode (except for the title screen).

It's all about the burn-in, people.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Not sure whether I should drop this here or in the Action Platformers Thread, but I was recently speculating on ways to spruce up Demon's Crest, based on the recent discussion of it.

I was thinking a bit about how Mega Man Zx and Zx Advent are pretty much sequels to DC, in that they use a similar kind of semi-linear stage-based Metroidvania set up, and also allow you to transform between different forms which have more unique quirks then the typical Mega Man weapons.

I think a theoretical Demon's Crest hack/sequel could benefit from borrowing Zx's equivalent of the air crest: instead of simply making it's standard long range attack ineffective against some foes (as compensation for its flight powers), trade it in altogether for a close range melee attack. Would compliment the Air Crest's increased aerial mobility if it had to use that mobility to get in closer, I think. Worked pretty nicely in ZX/A, since that was pretty much the only other Form to use besides the main one.

A similar tweak would be to give the Earth Crest a move-speed buff and maybe make it's dash function more like the MMX dash. Perhaps a faster/alternate wall climb style from the other crests too. Would be a fun, alternate way to romp through stages (or at least, ones where flight isn't totally mandatory), and I could see it being a useful switch/alt strategy during some boss fights.

And of course add in ZX's speedy non-pause requiring form switch.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Stevens wrote:Third Strikes graphics, presentation, music. Ultra's roster.

Four bar super meter, super art when full, no revenge meter.

Alpha counter instead of parries.
That's one hell of a hack...
JBC

Post by JBC »

An all new NES Castlevania created from the assets of I, II, & III. A well designed one, specifically. I've played plenty of the hacks out there & they all leave a lot to be desired. I'd like to work on this myself one day when I get a desktop. Can anyone recommend one I may have overlooked? Seems like there would have been many great efforts by now...

Sin & Punishment .wad for WiiVC that allows for use of the Wiimote & Nunchuk

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness N64, all Henry all the time!

GunCon 2 support added to PS2 Silent Scope series.

GunCon2 support added to Time Crisis 4 & Razing Storm. PS3's can be hooked to CRT's & have USB ports. Seems like a simple patch.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now!
Godzilla was an inside job
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Double post for Double Dragon (MVS).

I'd love to own a cart of this with the bosses unlocked AND all traces of the movie removed from the game.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

8BA wrote:An all new NES Castlevania created from the assets of I, II, & III. A well designed one, specifically. I've played plenty of the hacks out there & they all leave a lot to be desired. I'd like to work on this myself one day when I get a desktop. Can anyone recommend one I may have overlooked? Seems like there would have been many great efforts by now...
I was actually working on this myself for a few months, making a new Nes styled CV in Unity with C#...then I played Akumajo Dracula x68 and lost interest and moved on to another project because that game was basically the perfect CV and did everything I wanted out of the series to perfection lol.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
JBC

Post by JBC »

X68 is great but I just love that original NES look.

I want the precision control & deliberate timing of the original game but with towns & RPG elements like Simon's Quest, made sensible.

As well, the night/day cycle could return but now less frequently & could be managed by an item or seeing the priest.

Throw in the set pieces & cinematic spirit of III you've got a perfect Castlevania. Perhaps it would be possible to design it using the more forgiving limitations of the Japanese CVIII cart, with its deeper sound & color.
Godzilla was an inside job
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Rolling Thunder 3: Not really a hack, but more of a remake (like M2 did with Sega's Fantasy Zone II). Upgrade the visuals to look how it would have on Namco's NB-1 or NB-2 32-bit board, with extra parallax. Keep the same BGM composition, but arrange it for the Namco C75 sound chip. Restore the 2 player mode, and redo vehicle scenes from a chase view with scaling sprites. Default difficulty should be about equivalent to RISKY mode on the Genesis game.

Silent Scope: Redone for the PS Camera/Move setup on PS4.

Razing Storm: A high-spec version for PS4 with 60 FPS at all times.

Mega Turrican: Sega CD conversion using BGM recorded from the Amiga, for the best of both worlds.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Twin Cobra 2.0

Changes to Twin Cobra:

* Change from a 2 player game to 1 player only - start button 2 gives you a blue helicopter with p1 controls
* Keep instant respawn upon death - no checkpoints
* Don't switch back to red weapon on death - selected weapon's kept
* Only one color switching pickup on screen at a time - more bombs and power ups
* Same fire rate as on the Japanese rom
* Fix for bonus landing if kill the boss while invincible from a recent death
* Two scoring routes - pick up P bonuses, or don't
* MAXIMUM BOMB stock is 10 - after that, picking up 2 Bomb icons awards 1UP.

If you pick up P bonuses - you should bomb as little as possible - bomb stock x P = bigger bonus. But P bonuses are now worth less on their own then in the regular game.

If you don't pick up P bonuses - you can bomb as much as you like and get a fixed bonus for not picking up any P during a stage. Or with a full bomb stock, receive a MAXIMUM BOMB bonus that is fixed too. But only if you've skipped all P bonuses.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

The hack we've all been waiting for, Sor2: Puyo Wars http://youtu.be/ysLCAv5nCjY?t=1m38s

:arrow:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Stellar Assault/Shadow Squadron - make the Feather 1 actually useful, probably by turning it into agile glass cannon;buff its weapons, nerf its shield while retains intermission shield/energy replenishment
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Gespenst wrote:Stellar Assault/Shadow Squadron - make the Feather 1 actually useful, probably by turning it into agile glass cannon;buff its weapons, nerf its shield while retains intermission shield/energy replenishment

What?!?! Feather 2 was the useless one:D
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

No unless if you don't realize its laser can cancel enemy missiles. Using it is a matter of how good you are at shooting incoming homing projectiles and energy conservation.

Oh, also Feather 1's Spectral shield needs a total revamp too, like making you completely invincible as long as it's active but drains shield very quickly for instance. Feather 1's torpedoes could be made more useful by giving it multi-lock ability like Ace Combat's XMAA/XLAA line of missile, and ability to lock on capital ship weak spot.
Last edited by Gespenst on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'd kinda like to be able to hit launched enemies in Double Dragon II FC (Japanese version is a must, for its much tougher Hard mode). No nutty extreme juggling like Guardian Heroes, just the ability to tag an extra, beefy hit onto a flailing airborne foe ala DD Advance:

The aftermath of up+B "boot 'em in the boat race like it's a football" and shoulder toss both feel like they'd be satisfying windows for tagging on a spinning roundhouse. Of course much of DDA's raison d'etre is to add things like this, but I can't get enough of the FC game's cute, colourful, stubby yet bone-crushingly brutal brawler aesthetic and astonishingly cutthroat "2 enemies onscreen max" economy.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Gespenst wrote:
No unless if you don't realize its laser can cancel enemy missiles. Using it is a matter of how good you are at shooting incoming homing projectiles and energy conservation.

Oh, also Feather 1's Spectral shield needs a total revamp too, like making you completely invincible as long as it's active but drains shield very quickly for instance. Feather 1's torpedoes can have multi-lock ability like Ace Combat's XMAA/XLAA line of missile.
Just so I'm not confused (its been years) Feather 1 was the blue ship?

I never liked 2, but probably didn't realize the torpedo thing. Almost 1 CC'd it once with 1 (last boss). That game is reason enough to have a 32x.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

Feather 1 is the blue ship

Feather 2 is the red two seater ship

update: fixed wording on previous post
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Gun Frontier, with manageable ship speed.
papa_november

Post by papa_november »

StarTropics 1 on the StarTropics 2 engine.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Zelda 1 FDS hack with English translation and either arrows or whistle used as the easier method for Pols Voice instead of the microphone on controller 2 of the original Famicom. Re-translation of the US version wouldn't be bad either.

edit: It looks like the latter has already been done. A lot of dream hacks I wanted for NES like the overhaul of Super Pitfall, Lode Runner with one screen levels and sprites closer to the original, Caravan versions of Star Force and Star Soldier, conversions of Vs games to be playable on NES, and Gradius arcade have already been made.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

A hack that disables the announcers in Rave Racer.
I really like that game, but it has the worst announcers in the series.

"C'mon! Drive a hard race, there's a lot of racing ahead!"

fucking hell
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

papa_november wrote:StarTropics 1 on the StarTropics 2 engine.
Oh yes.

StarTropics 1 is the one you play for the unique plot and setting while overlooking the rather cumbersome controls (manageable and enjoyable, but very antiquated), StarTropics 2 is the one with the forgettably gimmicky plot but that controls and plays silky smooth.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'd like to see Popful Mail, with it's Working Designs translation, but with it's original JP difficulty. I don't know what the hell is with them, sometimes.
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

A US SNES Sutte Hakkun with a Kirby-themed palette swap
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Shadow Dancer & Shinobi (arcade versions): Ability to turn shurikens off/on with the start button, going sword-only (the Genesis SD has a way to disable shurikens from the option menu, but you must do it for the whole game).

Return of Double Dragon: Simply, a "director's cut" type deal that would've been everything originally intended as seen under "The True Story" at Double Dragon Dojo.

Super Shinobi I & II: Expert editions for each of them. Have being hit by enemy projectiles, melee attacks, or traps totally deplete the lifebar, causing a 1HKO. Touching enemies would take only a small amount off the bar as before. Replace the life hearts with the 5-shuriken items, and the 1ups with additional Ninjutsu uses.

Super Turrican: The original 6 Megabit version for sale on Steam. I don't think Nintendo would allow emulation of SNES, so this would probably have to be ported de novo. Add a scanline filter, so it would look like the SNES version running on an emulator.
Factor 5 wanted to put the 6 Mbit ST on Nintendo Virtual Console, BUT Nintendo didn't allow that because it was not previously commercially released.
When F5 were told by the publisher to cut the game down to a 4Mb cart for SNES, it lost what would have been the final levels, some bits of art, and the freeze beam's ability to melt frozen enemies.

PS3/PS4 consoles: Ability to fake a GunCon 2 using the Move, so Crisis Zone, Gun Bullet, & Time Crisis II can be played. May not be an easy one.

Crisis Zone (PS2): An official remake for the PS4, with the arcade's simulated laser dot sight brought back and the smoke removed.
Kinect? KIN NOT.