The Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Thread (NEW)!!!

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sumez

Re: The Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Thread (NEW)!!!

Post by Sumez »

kitten wrote:i keep meaning to replay ristar and get the good ending, i picked up a loose cart this year (jeez louise the complete MD copies of this are nuts and his fingers look so goofy i just didn't want to pay triple the price) and have been saving it for a day where i'm in a good enough mood to enjoy it, but a dull enough mood to enjoy its kind of sedate difficulty.
I didn't realise there were multiple endings. What do you need to do to trigger it?
Deadliar

Post by Deadliar »

Pretty sure you just gotta get all the items from the bonus levels.
Play for fun and win when you can.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The only thing that is different is the final ending screen. IIRC everything else is identical.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Short spoof Mickey Mania FPS demo using that 'Toy Story FPS engine'; http://youtu.be/CJXIDEapaLc
Definitely smoother than any other similar stuff of the 16bit era.
Too bad no real game was developed with it back then.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

GameHut has a lot of pretty cool videos on MegaDrive tech, detailing how he made a lot of these things, for games like Toy Story, Sonic 3D and Mickey Mania. Usually the solutions are deviously (almost disappointingly) simple, but that's really the secret to most video game optimizations when it comes down to it.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Yeah I've seen several of his vids but missed that one. I think it emphasizes the level of details and depht it's able to maintain while remaining so smooth, this wasn't so obvious in TS. Damn impressive.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Been FUCKIN ON THE ROAD the last month or so, in more of a collector than gamer mode. Thus I picked up a few new MD softs recently!

I have to say, contrary to the popular notion of snapcases being easier to get in good nick than cardboard... I find MD games the more offputting to collect, by far. Those inserts are brutally susceptible to moisture warping, and I have awful luck spotting it in photos. Not doing too badly at like 95% unrippled, none of the affected being particularly hard to replace should I choose - but I am not not a gambling man. :[ Irritating. Most unpleasant time of my collector life was that week many years ago, when I nabbed Eliminate Down, Twinkle Tale, Undeadline and Snow Bros in rapid succession from various sellers. Fucking hell that was some Deer Hunter chamber-spinning. *click* :shock: I was in only slightly better shape than Christopher Walken's character by the end! But like him, I was... uh, successful? Image But then FUCK! This random copy of Space Harrier II I got for half a burrito behind the Burger King is all warped up! FUUUUUUU- (still wtb nice SH2)

Also the relative ease of counterfeiting this stuff... but tbh I got my big ticket collecting done years ago, so I worry more about shelling out for a crummy legit copy than a pristine fake.

Anyhoo, not a lot of time to post in-depth, but manual-browsing goodness compels me to say: among hardcore spaceship shooters for MD, Whip Rush: Wakusei Voltegas no Nazo's manual has been the most enjoyable since Zero Wing's barmy menagerie of chubby, cigar-chomping cyber-beasts. Image
Spoiler

RayCrisis may have SEM-SLUT, but does it have an UNSOCIABLE CHEEKY BITCH? ACTFENDER is a badass name imo. Image What a lovely little hori. Bizarre to think Kotetsu Teikoku is technically Over Horizon (FC)'s MD successor, cos their shared bi-directional firing aside, this feels a helluva nearer Hot-B's shooter on several counts. Particularly the more consistently terrain-happy stage design, and stubby, almost OpaOpa-esque lil' podship with BIG FUCKIN GUNS, Option finagling and speed adjust. Mercifully though, WR is much quicker to heat up than the overly-ambling OH. Comes out swinging! Memorably impassioned yet chirpy BGM too.

Earlier Sega-published Japanese MD manuals seemed to follow that nice little format - lots of classic info blurbs on powerups, enemies, stages and whatnot, with tastefully upscaled (ie nice n' pixelly) screencaps and smatterings of original artwork (in WR's case by the famed Kaiju artist Yuji Kaida, whose painterly work also graced the MD covers of Daimakaimura and E-SWAT, plus the PCE's Soldier Blade, Battle Garegga's AC poster and Saturn cover, and I'm sure at least a few others!). Super Shinobi, Dai, Golden Axe and Juuoki are the same, IIRC... always in glorious full colour, OFC. Always a pleasure leafing through these, especially having grown up with the typically downscaled b&w Genesis manuals.

Ghostbusters' manual definitely is too. Got that one in the same batch, and wow, Compile's name really doesn't seem to appear anywhere in this game's printed materials. Just the "reprogrammed game by SEGA" treatment. And on that note, it's kinda funny to think this is technically a remake of Activision's game, famously butchered on FC by infamous kusoge purveyors Micronics. From those jokers to the eminent Compile, one helluva trade-up. Said FC atrocity is the only one I've played/seen, so if it's not shit elsewhere, my apologies! Nice simpler platformer that may actually smack you around a bit, with some aggressive boss encounters. Immensely greater pull if you're into 1] Western licenses in JP format 2] quality licensed games in general and 3] developer blacksheep. Compile's only platformer, AFAIK.

Preferably all three! Some memorably characterful artwork both in and out of action. Yo, if you move into a place called "WOODY HOUSE" you're kinda asking for it imo.

Also TENGEN APPRECIATE. Held off on Paperboy and Road Blasters for ages, skeptical about playing with a digital pad (Marble Madness has the mouse, Gauntlet has multi-tap support, Slap Fight and Snow Bros are glorious nippon stick + buttons... and AFAIK Rampart was digital, too?). After searching around for opinions from fans of the AC versions, and several hours' demoing in emulation, though, they seem to play more than well enough with a little pad-tapping chicanery. Certainly not compromised enough that I'd turn away either. I recommend Control Type B for Road Blasters, makes downshifting for landmines much easier.

Beyond the obvious TLC of the ports themselves, I love how their manuals always include little nods to the arcade originals; typically photos of AC hardware, frequently commentary from the original devs, sometimes quite lengthy as in Ed Logg's Gauntlet musings. These releases give me the lovingly archival feeling of M2's gold-standard PS2 AGES 2500 efforts, a whole two generations earlier (and with much less hardware power to spare!).

Gauntlet in particular feels like a real celebration of the game in JP, befitting of its origins as a fan-coded X68000 port by a nascent M2. The manual is a big fat bastard with exhaustive notes on both Arcade and Quest modes, plus lots of original artwork and several pages of commentary from Ed Logg and M2. Sadly, although the US "Gauntlet IV" (ouch! instant downgrade from definitive home port to random sequel!) manual does an admirable job of preserving the info, Logg's section seems totally AWOL, to say nothing of M2's.
Last edited by BIL on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Too good. Was hoping BITCH had a hilarious description, but nah, just shoots a wave cannon from its arms! Ain't that a bitch! Or, perhaps CHEEKY?
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

Surprisingly only the second time I've encountered the term in JP shooters, the first being X68k caravan Zero Rei!

"YOU BIIITCH!" :mrgreen:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote: Beyond the obvious TLC of the ports themselves, I love how their manuals always include little nods to the arcade originals; typically photos of AC hardware, frequently commentary from the original devs, sometimes quite lengthy as in Ed Logg's Gauntlet musings. These releases give me the lovingly archival feeling of M2's gold-standard PS2 AGES 2500 efforts, a whole two generations earlier (and with much less hardware power to spare!).
Have always been curious about these Tengen Megadrive manuals, ever since I saw Chris Tan(Sega Champion and all-around cool guy) talk about his time working for Tengen USA. He reminisced about being interviewed by the jp team for a particular game. That's where I learned about Tengen's trivia-ladden manuals, with interview with the devs, etc.

(must-watch interview btw. So much awesome stuff in there, I don't even know where to begin, lol)
https://youtu.be/YPXXslxEyvc?t=22m6s
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Haha, that's exactly the dodgy stuff I love about Tengen. :mrgreen: They were always the weirdo "Shinobi on my Nintendo?!" publisher when I was growing up (those goddamn custom cartridges, too... I distinctly recall keeping a pair of my dad's snub-nosed pliers by the TV to extract them from my NES). Seems fitting they'd sneak a Nintendo reference into a Mega Drive manual!

Also, I've been mistakenly pronouncing it "Ten Jen" all these years!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Haha just saw an NES Tengen Shinobi cart at the retro game store today. Saw at least another game from them too (can't remember). Can't miss those black NES carts!

Also almost grabbed Shinobi for SMS but I refrained. Already had 2 other carts to buy and I try to limit myself at these stores
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

On the off chance you've not played it yourself - SMS Shinobi disappointed me. The fluidity of the PCB is basically gone (of course I'd expect some downgrade, but not outright choppiness...), the collision can be dangerously weird, and the weapon system isn't well thought-out. Apparently it's thought of as a "Super Shinobi Zero" by some, but to me it's got neither the AC's sharp simplicity nor SS's assault course showboatery.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but I know you're a diehard MD Shadow Dancer fan who'll no doubt expect ninja sharpness. :wink: Although Kenseiden isn't without its flaws, for SMS combat sidescrolling it's the best I've found so far.

All this said, it's PCE Shinobi I really despair over. Might look arcade-close at a glance... then you realise they deleted the close combat.

...death is the only penalty that can fit such a crime. I'm sorry, Asmik-kun, but you have been sentenced to execution by close-ranged ninja attack. Image

ON YOUR KNEES PRISONER, TAKE YOUR POSITION (■`ω´■)
PLACE YOUR CHIN FORWARD, INTO THE RESTRAINT (■`W´■)

Spoiler
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

FinalBaton wrote:(must-watch interview btw. So much awesome stuff in there, I don't even know where to begin, lol)https://youtu.be/YPXXslxEyvc?t=22m6s
I honestly had never heard about this guy before, but it was a very interesting interview indeed! Thank you for sharing.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:On the off chance you've not played it yourself - SMS Shinobi disappointed me. The fluidity of the PCB is basically gone (of course I'd expect some downgrade, but not outright choppiness...), the collision can be dangerously weird, and the weapon system isn't well thought-out. Apparently it's thought of as a "Super Shinobi Zero" by some, but to me it's got neither the AC's sharp simplicity nor SS's assault course showboatery.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but I know you're a diehard MD Shadow Dancer fan who'll no doubt expect ninja sharpness. :wink: Although Kenseiden isn't without its flaws, for SMS combat sidescrolling it's the best I've found so far.

All this said, it's PCE Shinobi I really despair over. Might look arcade-close at a glance... then you realise they deleted the close combat.

...death is the only penalty that can fit such a crime. I'm sorry, Asmik-kun, but you have been sentenced to execution by close-ranged ninja attack. Image

Spoiler
No it's cool! I actually haven't played SMS Shinobi so that's welcomed advice. I won't settle for choppy combat indeed :wink: so that was invaluable intel. The arcade game is so tight, and I value that so much.

Poor Asmik-kun. lol
soprano1 wrote: I honestly had never heard about this guy before, but it was a very interesting interview indeed! Thank you for sharing.
No problem :mrgreen: yeah really interesting guy! He was part of the Tetris Grand Master tourney org too, so he's seen a bit in the amazing doc Ecstasy of Order : The Tetris Masters (and here we go back to Tengen again, via Tetris!).
His involvment in Primal Rage is really interesting, especially for Primal Rage 2 (have you seen footage of this game? Gigantic humans fighting each others, it's fucking nuts!)
Oh and he'll be forever linked to the weirdly named TechRomancer, too :wink:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

FinalBaton wrote:yeah really interesting guy! He was part of the Tetris Grand Master tourney org too, so he's seen a bit in the amazing doc Ecstasy of Order : The Tetris Masters (and here we go back to Tengen again, via Tetris!)
I think I'll do just that, thanks again.

EDIT: Just finished watching it, pretty cool doc. It's a wonderful companion piece to the BBC's 2004 documentary "Tetris: From Russia with Love".
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

BIL wrote: All this said, it's PCE Shinobi I really despair over. Might look arcade-close at a glance... then you realise they deleted the close combat.

Spoiler
I'm glad to see someone with enough sense in the world to realize how shitty the HuCard version of Shinobi. Someone on another forum once argued with me that it's arcade perfect after I pointed out all of its flaws, insisting that IT STILL LOOKS AND PLAYS JUST LIKE THE ARCADE GAME. Sure. If you take out a crucial play mechanic and make the game harder for all the wrong reasons. That's not even going into the missing levels, enemy types and the removal of the machine gun/sword power-up. I always wondered if Sega secretly sabotaged this and Golden Axe on PC Engine in order to make the Mega Drive versions look better by comparison.

As for SMS Shinobi, I didn't dislike it as much, but the power-up system in that version is all over the place. Ranged weapons are incremental upgrades, but melee weapons are not - instead they are determined by which child you save, with no way of knowing what you'll get until the HUD tells you. And to use your ninjutsu? You have to kill ten or so enemies in a stage and then hold down Down+1+2 for a few seconds. WTF! You can't even choose which ninjutsu you want to use since you can only use them in the order you obtain them. It's all sloppily implemented.

I felt similarly disappointed at the SMS version of Double Dragon, which was often used as console war ammunition in NES vs. SMS discussions and a lot of people still (wrongly) believe it's the superior 8-bit version, even though the hit detection is unnatural and the framerate is even worse. The presence of 2P co-op is made completely moot by the fact Double Dragon II exists on the NES.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Jonny2x4 wrote:I always wondered if Sega secretly sabotaged this and Golden Axe on PC Engine in order to make the Mega Drive versions look better by comparison.
That is a horribly compelling theory. :lol: I think Golden Axe was handled by one of Telenet's houses? Rarely a promising sign... could imagine Sega happily signing them the rights! Pocket the licensing fee and make your competition's fancy CD hardware look utterly shit? Score! Disastrous either way.

I think I heard Altered Beast is better on HuCard than CD? Only marginally into AB to begin with, but I can't deny a fondness for the MD port.

The arcade port duel Sega and NEC had going on is one of my favourite little episodes from that gen, particularly where Capcom stuff was concerned. Daimakaimura is clearly a labour of love on both sides, with the MD port technically outmatched yet enjoying the distinct benefit of not requiring a SuperGrafx (otoh, 1941 is a helluva companion piece to SGX Dai). Forgotten Worlds has its tradeoffs (2P exclusively on MD / much arcade-closer 1P on Super CD). Strider was a flawed but undeniably herculean effort on MD - along with Dai, one of those rare ports where you could practice at home and more or less have things work 1:1 in the arcade. The AC one's actually a bit easier, on account of its more forgiving hitboxes... MD st5-2 gets needlessly chunky. Meanwhile the ill-starred Arcade Card version is almost compelling in its poorness; nix the CD audio, and I could believe it was a first-generation HuCard. Adding in-stage cutscenes to Isuke's playable action movie masterpiece is a staggering missing of the point. Fun to imagine how it might've gone on SGX, had that worked out... I'm sure it'd have been killer, even in its lateness.
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

BIL wrote: I think I heard Altered Beast is better on HuCard than CD? Only marginally into AB to begin with, but I can't deny a fondness for the MD port.
Altered Beast on CD-ROM² is a waste of its format from what I read on other sites (the added cutscenes are pretty phoned-in and it doesn't even have any RedBook music), not to mention it's literally unplayable on anything other than the original System Card for some technical reason, which is little wonder why most people would recommend the HuCard version over it (which has shorter loading times and keeps the 2P mode).
The arcade port duel Sega and NEC had going on is one of my favourite little episodes from that gen, particularly where Capcom stuff was concerned. Daimakaimura is clearly a labour of love on both sides, with the MD port technically outmatched yet enjoying the distinct benefit of not requiring a SuperGrafx (otoh, 1941 is a helluva companion piece to SGX Dai). Forgotten Worlds has its tradeoffs (2P exclusively on MD / much arcade-closer 1P on Super CD). Strider was a flawed but undeniably herculean effort on MD - along with Dai, one of those rare ports where you could practice at home and more or less have things work 1:1 in the arcade. The AC one's actually a bit easier, on account of its more forgiving hitboxes... MD st5-2 gets needlessly chunky. Meanwhile the ill-starred Arcade Card version is almost compelling in its poorness; nix the CD audio, and I could believe it was a first-generation HuCard. Adding in-stage cutscenes to Isuke's playable action movie masterpiece is a staggering missing of the point. Fun to imagine how it might've gone on SGX, had that worked out... I'm sure it'd have been killer, even in its lateness.
Any experience with Chiki Chki Boys? Few people seem to bring that one up when discussing CPS games ported to both consoles

Speaking of CPS-to-MD ports, I find it fascinating that Final Fight CD, which is generally well-regarded in the west, seems to have a not-so-hot reputation among Japanese players, where it's considered to be a disappointing port despite seemingly having all the features missing from the two SFC versions. Most of the criticism stems from the poorer controls, such as the slower attack speed of Cody and Guy and the difficulty of performing the megacrush with two buttons. Did the game get some improvements for the U.S. release by any chance?
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Chiki Chiki boys is FANTASTIC on MD! Looks gorgeous and plays well and performs great

MegaCD/SegaCD Final FIght has less enemies on screen than arcade, so maybe that's why jap players feel a bit of a letdown. But I don't know if there's any difference between MegaCD and SegaCD. That's a good question. The Cutting Room Floor has no info on that port, sadly(thanks kitten for recomending that site btw, it is very handy and I use it a bunch now when I wanna see differences between ports and arcade)

Youtube channel VCDEICIDE has some cool comparison videos (doesn't tell the whole story but at least gives a good idea).

ARCADE VS MD :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ShETVJUvrA

MD VS PCE CD :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCcWTYRA1lw

Framerate appears lower on PCE CD, looks very sluggish
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

It's not just the reduced maximum number of on-screen enemies (otherwise, the X68k version would've gotten the same amount of flack), as I've already mentioned the Mega CD version made Cody's and Guy's punching speed much slower, which not only makes their infinite combos impossible to pull off, but also harder to intercept Andore's body ram. There's also a glitch involving Haggar in which Poison and Roxy are able to escape from his backdrop unharmed, which become problematic in the Bayside Area, in which you have to deal with a group of them in the latter half. The El Gados and Holly Woods are also much more overpowered, making the game hard even on the easiest setting. On the other hand, they also complain about the more superficial elements such as the bad voice acted cutscenes (not that the English dub was any better), the arranged soundtrack and the narrated character profiles during the attract mode (which if I recall correctly, were replaced in the U.S. version with text-only profiles like the ones on the arcade version). It's been a while since I played the U.S. Sega CD versions, but most of those issues do exists in the Japanese Mega CD version from my experience.

It's just interesting that they're more forgiving towards the SFC versions (which they regard as good games on their own right, but no replacements for the arcade version) than they are towards the Mega CD version, whereas in the west it's usually the other way around.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Jonny2x4 wrote:Any experience with Chiki Chki Boys? Few people seem to bring that one up when discussing CPS games ported to both consoles
Very fond of the MD port - echoing Baton, it performs like a champ. I'm not typically one for cutesier action games, but the airtight handling, nonstop pace and Strider-esque slashing instantly won me over. And though I prefer harder-edged aesthetics, the sunny palette and jumbo sprites are undeniably satisfying. Very few cuter MD games acquit themselves so convincingly of The Metal (Monster Worlds III & IV being a couple others whose looks I enjoy).

Only reason I don't bring it up as much is a total lack of familiarity with the PCE-CD version - it's not especially my type of game compared to Dai/FW/Strider, and the screens/footage/impressions I've seen didn't promise much. Back-burnered at best. For now I've partnered Forgotten Worlds with the excellent (and cheap!) Pomping World. :smile:
Speaking of CPS-to-MD ports, I find it fascinating that Final Fight CD, which is generally well-regarded in the west, seems to have a not-so-hot reputation among Japanese players, where it's considered to be a disappointing port despite seemingly having all the features missing from the two SFC versions. Most of the criticism stems from the poorer controls, such as the slower attack speed of Cody and Guy and the difficulty of performing the megacrush with two buttons. Did the game get some improvements for the U.S. release by any chance?
I got FFCD for the Time Attack mode, basically. :lol:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have the Mega CD version of FFCD and, from what I remember of the US version, it doesn't seem to play any worse than the US version. As far as I know, most of the gameplay differences from the arcade also exist in the US Sega CD version. Interesting JP players are harder on it. I actually don't feel the SNES FF is terrible, though it doesn't hold a candle to the arcade version.

I recommend skipping the NES Shinobi. It's a somewhat cut down port of the SMS version with inferior graphics. It has all of the flaws of the SMS version with a couple stages missing the parts that move up vertically. The only thing it does better is having an actual ending. I'm curious of the origins of the port since it's the only one of Tengen's ports that doesn't have a JP counterpart (though the JP Fantasy Zone is completely different from the US version, aside from being ports of the same game). AB and Alien Syndrome are similar to the JP versions (both the US and JP AB have the same Sunsoft chip), but the former seems to be an earlier build for US and the latter seems to have been toned down in difficulty for the US.

I like VGDECIDE, but they often compare two completely different games with the same name like the SMS and NES Ninja Gaiden.

Funny thing about the Sega ports for FC and PCE is that while some are definitely inferior, a handful are just as good or better than their SMS or MD counterparts.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

BrianC wrote:I have the Mega CD version of FFCD and, from what I remember of the US version, it doesn't seem to play any worse than the US version. As far as I know, most of the gameplay differences from the arcade also exist in the US Sega CD version. Interesting JP players are harder on it. I actually don't feel the SNES FF is terrible, though it doesn't hold a candle to the arcade version.
Wait, you mean you have the JP Mega CD version, right? Could you elaborate on the differences?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Xyga wrote:Wait, you mean you have the JP Mega CD version, right? Could you elaborate on the differences?
FFCD's US version has the censoring typical of the game's ports from back then. AFAIK those are the only differences... Kiken and Vludi posted a bit about it here.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Xyga wrote: Wait, you mean you have the JP Mega CD version, right?
Confused by the same. "Mega CD" and "Sega CD" is exactly the same, so if you're talking about the Japan region release, please say that instead :P
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Understood thanks. 8)
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Xyga wrote:
BrianC wrote:I have the Mega CD version of FFCD and, from what I remember of the US version, it doesn't seem to play any worse than the US version. As far as I know, most of the gameplay differences from the arcade also exist in the US Sega CD version. Interesting JP players are harder on it. I actually don't feel the SNES FF is terrible, though it doesn't hold a candle to the arcade version.
Wait, you mean you have the JP Mega CD version, right? Could you elaborate on the differences?
Yes, the JP version. I can't elaborate on the differences since I don't have the US version and it has been a long time since I played it.
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

BrianC wrote:Interesting JP players are harder on it.
Final Fight was a pretty big deal back in its day. After all, it was Capcom's last big arcade hit before Street Fighter II, with Gamest giving it lots of coverage and even winning their GOTY award. Since a lot of the techniques from the arcade version, especially Cody's infinite combo (which was iconic enough to be made into an official special move in Street Fighter ZERO 3), are pretty ingrained among Japanese players, I would imagine many of them would be pretty mad to be play was supposedly an arcade perfect port and not being able to replicate many of the same techniques.

Speaking of Gamest, that magazine is filled with some of the DEEPEST LORE when it comes to discussing the backstories of several arcade games. Did you know that the Princess from Ghosts 'n Goblins was only 16 in that game? Arthur thought she was too young to be in a romantic relationship with him, so he went to a three years training journey, knowing she would mature into a woman during that period.
BIL

Post by BIL »

So wait... what was going on in Makaimura's opening sequence? :o Was Arthur receiving emergency pain relief after a nasty sprain in the zombie-infested graveyard? Image Or maybe PrinPrin slipped something in his drink, and poor Arthur awoke clad only his drawers? :shock: Regardless of how the compromising scene came about, SATAN snaps a paparazzi shot and kidnaps the only witness - now Arthur's gotta hunt down and kill him to avert a career-ending scandal!

TBH, it sounds like he wanted to hit that YOUNG BOOTY on the sly while keeping up appearances in public - very shrewd! Image Or maybe he really did have a change of heart?

"M'lady, I know we were about to get it on in slamming fashion atop my late liege's graveslab - but since going to hell and back to save you, I've decided you're too young and I'm too well-hung, so I'll see you in 1988 when I'll hit that ass with all the might of the Capcom Play System."

Oh man, there's a whole Daimakaimura CYOA book that may or may not already exist in Japan here. Help Sir Arthur secure an annulment for his loveless political marriage from IL POPO, who it turns out was actually SATAN all along, so Arthur just kills him and his wife (who is actually Red Arremer in comically bad drag), and gets PrinPrin booty legit anyway! Meanwhile the church collapses into a bloody sectarian war that kills millions and leaves the kingdom hopelessly Balkanised, setting up Chou!

ITS 1988 BAYBEE
Last edited by BIL on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.