Too many people are changing their freaking names.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

^ Agreed Kosh >> Dylan
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Neon

Post by Neon »

Gosh, I was a big Babylon 5 fan when it was on TV, and I didn't pick up on the Kosh name. He was the Narn, right?
Nerd alert! woop woop! :wink:

My old nick was painful for me to read after awhile, this is more sexy and mysterious like I am in real life. Plus everyone can still tell who I am.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Neon wrote:
Gosh, I was a big Babylon 5 fan when it was on TV, and I didn't pick up on the Kosh name. He was the Narn, right?

My old nick was painful for me to read after awhile, this is more sexy and mysterious like I am in real life. Plus everyone can still tell who I am.
Yea, I think I know who you are...when not naming yourself after fish from the Darius series, you're also the president of the Sega Fan-Boyz club. :lol: :lol:

When I see Neon...I think of the car.
The Dodge Neon...ehh, nothing too sexy or mysterious about that!
Super Mega C

Post by Super Mega C »

OMG! I can't find my old Captain Murphy avatar. I-I'm having an identity crisis.

!!WARNING!! RANDOM AVATAR CHANGES APPROACHING

:P

Ah, yes nothing like a good fight to get things going again. The old boards were so tame compared to the new ones. These have so much more bite. It must be the star field back ground.
Last edited by Super Mega C on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Button masher extrordinaire
"and on the eighth day, he stopped resting"
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

LoneSage wrote:Haha, I've never really watched Babylon 5 so I always assumed your name was Kosh.

Dylan's so totally lame compared to Kosh :cry:
Just wait till you discover his real last name! :shock:
Maybe he'll tell you...only if you promise not to laugh.

I hope he knows that we're just messing around...he's a "Mod-God" y'know. He could wipe us off the face of the eart...uhh, I mean Shmups forum with as little effort from his pinky finger...MAN, thats power baby!
In other words, don't heckle the hankel!!!
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:BTW: When I posted this, I though I was in the "Off Topic" section. Now that I think about it, it is appropriate here because it deals with Shmups.com as a site, as well as its regular members.
Topics related to the site or members (i.e. social topics) fall under OT.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Thunder Force wrote:
TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:BTW: When I posted this, I though I was in the "Off Topic" section. Now that I think about it, it is appropriate here because it deals with Shmups.com as a site, as well as its regular members.
Topics related to the site or members (i.e. social topics) fall under OT.
Ok, so be it!
It was an accident that I posted that here anyway...have er moved to OT land.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'm sure no one here knows me that well >_> I was that lurker NeoSota <_<
greg

Post by greg »

stoneroses1969 wrote:File me under the "I am actually a new person" category.

I always liked the site but the boards is where all the action was at - when they were up. So I decided to sign up finally.
Whoah, a Stone Roses fan! On behalf of Jon and I, welcome to the forum! I had a bit of Elephant Stone lyrics in my sig on the old forum for awhile...
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Neon wrote:
Gah, you are so not nerds. :P Kosh was a Vorlon, the Narn was G'Kar.

*polishes his six Babylon 5 DVD Box Sets*
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
piyo

Post by piyo »

piyo -> piyo -> piyo

Even the avatar is the same. No confusion.
---
piyo
Tar-Palantir

Post by Tar-Palantir »

piyo wrote:Even the avatar is the same. No confusion.
Cool :D ! That's one of my all-time fave avatars.
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Post by Raidenfighter Kirkov »

HI !

RFK lives again (with a new avatar too :D )

Greetings
RFK

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

:lol:
nZero

Post by nZero »

Same ol' nZero-y me. I'll be going with a new avatar, though-- as soon as I can decide what!
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Yay to RFK's new avatar.

In the words of my old Donpachi mentor, 'KEEP IT UP!'
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

I kept mine [avatar and name] the same because 1. I've gotten used to them, and 2. I'm lazy. I changed my sig, though, because I didn't feel like regurgitating the old one... instead I regurgitated an old one I used elsewhere :P

Neon, I recognize that avatar, and it's hilarious XD
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Minzoku wrote:
Neon, I recognize that avatar, and it's hilarious XD
Yeah, I keep wanting to ask him survey questions now...
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Ghegs wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote:I had to change mine. Almost 6 years of Kosh as a username, it was time to drop the Babylon 5 homage and go with something that was more shooter themed and uh..that used my real name. :p
Who are you?

What do you want?

...is what people will be asking you from now on. "Where's Kosh?" they'll yell in outrage...

:wink:
Haha. B5 fans unite. Just so long as they don't get into a big epic war and start destroying entire threads with their "thread killer" fleet. :p
Twitchdoctor: Just wait till you discover his real last name!
Maybe he'll tell you...only if you promise not to laugh.

I hope he knows that we're just messing around...he's a "Mod-God" y'know. He could wipe us off the face of the eart...uhh, I mean Shmups forum with as little effort from his pinky finger...MAN, thats power baby!
In other words, don't heckle the hankel!!!
Grrr! *Gets into mutual old shmups codger mode and shakes his fist and cane* Anyways, it's a German name, it's bound to sound sort of goofy. haha :P I dunno if it's so bad, I mean what's the worse it rhymes with...ankle?

And sorry, the Kosh name isn't coming back (Grant is one person who would be glad I got rid of it) I agree it was cool but I'm just done with it. I still love B5 but I want a more shooter themed name this time. When I chose the name I had just gotten dial up internet for the first time(although I'd already used dial up plenty in school on a myriad Macs, heh), had never participated on a gaming forum before and was obsessed with B5 at the time. So it was a different time, a diff Dylan.

And Kosh was a Vorlon. Ancient race of very powerful and very mysterious aliens. And I still haven't gotten any of the DVD sets. Bah. I should be ashamed. Just can't afford 'em though with the games I buy.
Last edited by Dylan1CC on Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

I will always be sethsez. I can't think of a (still existing) forum where I don't use this name.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Still Spec (Felt like trying my YM name, but sometimes it sounds goofy even to me). New Av, new sig to go along with the av. And still sucking at most shmups. :P
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.