I shouldn't have bought a DS

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
captain ahar

I shouldn't have bought a DS

Post by captain ahar »

now just to get it out of the way. i love the thing it is just a lot of fun with the touch screen. i bought Feel the Magic and Mario 64 with it and they are good games.

mario pisses me off because i can't do the turn jumps using the thumb piece but is still alright.

but hell after Warioware in Feb, there are no announced games i want until around may! i should have waited until there was more of a library to choose from. anyway just thought i would share. :D
I have no sig whatsoever.
Bosuonparedo

Post by Bosuonparedo »

I'm actually seriously thinking about shelling out some cash from my next few paychecks for a DS, but only so I can play Wario Ware: Touched! on it (and in other bits of WW fanboyism, I have refused to upgrade to a GBA SP because Twisted is supposed to play best on an old model), at least for now. There is currently an Advance Wars title in development for it, though, and that looks really neat-o-keen so far.

Oh, and a remake of FF3j has been announced for it, too.
joshschw

Post by joshschw »

how could you not want Yoshi? And if you never had a Game Boy Advance then you can play all the great games you missed on the DS also. But yeah I agree with you nitendo really needs to release some damn games.

whoops, I forgot about Zoo Keeper, thats my favorite game so far. too bad they decided to go and charge $39 for it. see if you can find it on sale or on ebay for cheaper.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

From what you say, this topic should be named:

"I shouldn't have bought a DS so early"

which isn't a big problem. Just wait a little more and you'll have plenty of good games, (at least, we all wish so). Play some good GBA cart on your DS while waiting: Minish Cap, Aria of Sorrow, Tactics Ogre Gaiden...
X - P - B
Bosuonparedo

Post by Bosuonparedo »

I do have a GBA -- two, actually. It's just that neither of them are SPs.

And platformers don't usually appeal to me as much as other games.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Is it just me, or is Capcom not supporting the DS the way other companies are? Of course, once they got burned by the Cube's performance... :roll:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
captain ahar

sorry...

Post by captain ahar »

sorry about the misleading title. as far as playing gba/gb games i already have the Game Boy Player for GC. however, a big upside is, i am able to play the castlevania's with decent controls (since my Hori controller broke :x ).

castlevania on gba rank
1. Aria of Sorrow
2. Circle of the Moon
3. Harmony of Dissonance

also random fact: i cannot find my copy of Aria of Sorrow and I am pissed cause i want to play it so bad!!!
I have no sig whatsoever.
trivial

Post by trivial »

Bosonpareido wrote:Twisted is supposed to play best on an old model
Wait. The stuff I've read says that the GBA is only pushed side-to-side to play WW Twisted. Isn't that true? I was worried myself when I thought about the SP's hinge swinging shut with up-and-down motion. Would the DS really be less likely to snap shut while playing Twisted?
Bosuonparedo

Post by Bosuonparedo »

From what I can tell, the game only seems to use rotations to the left and right, so that shouldn't be a problem. The deal with the SP and DS is that they feel top-heavy while rotating. The original GBA had the cartridge slot right under the screen and was very compact in that respect, so it is also the best to play this on.

And Josh, I just don't have any interest in any platformers at the moment, 'cept I might get Mario vs. DK soon, 'cos the original DK for GB kicked major ass and so does this one.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I wonder what the fug is Naka waiting to make a port of Nights to the DS. Imagine paralooping with that touch screen. Damn your arrogance, Naka.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
jp

Post by jp »

March 1:
Bomberman DS
Polarium
Pac Pix (w/ Pac'n'Roll?)

March 14:
Yoshi's Touch N Go

March 22:
Atari Retro Classics

:)