The PS Vita Thread - Remote Play for all PS4 Games

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Friendly

The PS Vita Thread - Remote Play for all PS4 Games

Post by Friendly »

General PS Vita thread.
Last edited by Friendly on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
professor ganson

Re: PS Vita Western Launch

Post by professor ganson »

I love my PSP and this thing looks like quite the improvement. I'm planning to wait for some RPGs to get released before I pick up the Vita. The only thing at launch that interests me is Lumines, and I'm only mildly interested in that.
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Gravity Rush interests me.
It's cool that Vita is getting three 2D platformers right away, Putty Squad, Rayman Origins and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

Looking at the lineup, I don't think any other system has ever had a more varied launch selection.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I'm picking up a couple of games for the system to send, in some small way, a message of "I like this sort of thing, please make more", but I'll just keep them on my shelf for now, as I'll probably wait a bit to pick up the system itself - I did the same for the PS3 and the Wii. Guess I'm just weird.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

In no hurry for one of these. I'll may grab one second hand when I can get it for around 50% cheaper, software dependent of course.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Friendly

Post by Friendly »

ImageImage
Dream Club Zero Portable (Tamsoft) | Trailer| A Japanese hostess game where the player gets drunk with the hostess while trying to gain her favor.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Ok I'm in.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Friendly

Post by Friendly »

:lol:
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I still havnt bought myself a 2nd hand PSP yet, ive got Knights in the knightmare waiting on my shelf for when I do.

I was originally quite stoked for the vita but the high cost for the memory £17.99 for 4GB, £31.99 for 8GB, £44.99 for 16GB (no 32GB for Europe) is way to much considering how much ild have to pay for heavy digital DL usage due to the lack of a UMD drive (I was thinking of skipping the psp and getting a vita). Plus the news that Sony has gone back on their promise of psp-vita passports has left me pretty much feeling meh

Besides its gonna drop in price as it seems they dont cost a great deal to manufacture.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... -worth-230
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Skykid wrote:Ok I'm in.
Im in only if i can use the back touch panel to remove her bra
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

@TrevHead
Amazon.co.uk actually has a pre-order bundle available right now where they throw in a 8GB mem card for free, and you get one game for 15 GBP.

link
Last edited by Friendly on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Honestly i want this so bad but at the same time i honestly cannot justify spending £220 on one.....hmmm I was thinking about waiting out the storm and picking one up thats new but has been used for a couple of days/weeks Feb 22nd isnt far off sooo tempted since amazon.co.uk where doing it with a game for an extra £15 too.
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

The Vita seems like a really nice system, but right now the only games I want to play are Wipeout and maybe Shinobido 2, so I'm going to wait until its library fills out a little more. I guess if Cave releases an original shooter for it, that will be my tipping point.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

I might get one eventually. My PSP is a hand-me-down with dead pixels and a scratched screen. A gorgeous new OLED screen would certainly be a visual improvement for my PSP games. I hope they upgraded the speakers, too, the ones on the PSP are balls. That said, no way at full price. I could get an X360 or a laptop at that price, sheesh!
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Yeah I saw that amazon deal, im still gonna wait until a price drop with the system and memory cards, ive too many games to play so im in no rush. Ill probably keep an eye out on whats releasing and buy the odd niche title before it sells out to avoid been gouged later on
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

The vita looks nice but I think I'm out of the handheld market. Kind of assuming that in the next few years the mobile gaming system and the mobile device will completely and utterly merge. Want a 'mobile device' that can support a full PC version of Fritz.
Last edited by CMoon on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

CMoon wrote:The vita looks nice but I think I'm out of the handheld market. Kind of assuming that at some point my phone will become my handheld.
Unless your phone has a d-pad, analog sticks and buttons, it never will.
Jonathan Ingram

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Friendly wrote:
ImageImage
Dream Club Zero Portable (Tamsoft) | Trailer| A Japanese hostess game where the player gets drunk with the hostess while trying to gain her favor.

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

A little bit of sexy tongue licking action going on with the PS Vita there. What's next? :wink:

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
louisg

Post by louisg »

$250? Didn't Nintendo already try that?
Humans, think about what you have done
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

Wait... this is region freedom?! I NEED TEH DREAM CLUB ZERO GOODNESS :shock:

8)
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I want Gravity Daze, that new Nihon Falcom game, new SMT, and Persona 4 but I'm not bothering until all of that's out.

Dream Club is terrible.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

When its £20 I'll buy one. Personally I think this is a tech head curiosity waiting for bargain basement obscurity.

How anyone can throw £200+ on this is amazing.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Jonathan Ingram

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Will get this for Shinobido 2, Ys IV, Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Disgaea 3 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. And hopefully it won`t be long before Vita gets hacked and becomes the ultimate emulation machine.
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Jonathan Ingram wrote:Will get this for Shinobido 2, Ys IV, Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Disgaea 3 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. And hopefully it won`t be long before Vita gets hacked and becomes the ultimate emulation machine.
The PSP part was hacked the day after PS Vita was released in Japan, and they are already running emulators made for PSP on it, afaik. As for Vita itself getting hacked, that could be a while. Remember, it took 4 years for a PS3 hack to arrive, and that only happened because Sony made a stupid mistake with the encryption.
hzt

Post by hzt »

Dream Club is insane, it's a game where you pretend to interact with women whose job is to take your money and pretend they're interested in you. That's even further removed from real social interaction than other games like this, it's a fiction about a fiction, it's bizarre. I want to play it. Mostly though I want a Vita because there's going to be a DJ Max Technika port on it.
Drum
Banned User

Post by Drum »

Put me down as saying this thing is going to be dead in the water. Gravity Rush looks rad though. I expect I will pick one up down the line if it builds up a decent library and a cheaper price, but truthfully I see this thing bombing hard and I expect to see its unique games being ported to more viable platforms. Bookmark this post and rub it in my face in a few years if I'm wrong, all part of the fun.
IGMO - Poorly emulated, never beaten.

Hi-score thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34327
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

I have no idea how it's going to do and wouldn't dare to make a prediction now. I read that some of the games are really good, like Uncharted Golden Abyss, and it'll get a Modern Warfare FPS later this year, which should appeal to the crowd.

I'm surprised that there is basically no marketing by Sony. I assume they are relying on positive word of mouth for now and are going to start advertising Vita in earnest during the holiday season.
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

hzt wrote:Dream Club is insane, it's a game where you pretend to interact with women whose job is to take your money and pretend they're interested in you. That's even further removed from real social interaction than other games like this, it's a fiction about a fiction, it's bizarre...
I already have these for the 360, but this description makes the games sound even more awersome :shock:

8)
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Well, Best Buy's supposed to be getting their alloted shipment of USA region PS Vitas for sale/distribution next week on Feb. 15th, 2012 (ahead of the slated official Feb. 22nd release date for the USA). Of course, requires a pre-paid $5 deposit to get one. Hmmm.....

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~