Favorite Album Covers Thread

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Obiwanshinobi

Re: Favorite Album Covers Thread

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

DMC

Post by DMC »

I listen to a lot of reggae from Virgin Islands and they have some nice covers, a bit world music / meditative vibe and pretty grandiose, like this one:

Another reggae favorite:

A punk favorite

Another one
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

more cOol covers:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Boof! No description needed. It's a jailbreak motherfucker! Red alart!

"Professor! What's another word for pirate's treasure?"
"Well I think it's COKEY!"

NSFW
Spoiler

Always liked these dudes' repping of beautiful wimmenz and quality menswear during their rousing black-progressive hails to Satan. Things not celebrated enough in XTREEM metalling, imo - what good is meat if you don't got any head, that's what I say!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

NSFW
Spoiler
Gotta love that PS1 in the foreground to the left and the Sega Master System on the right.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oldschool. Image

drauch

Post by drauch »

^I'm prob just tarding out, but I can't put together what that's from. Halp BIL!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

Magician Lord, the Real Lovecraftian Catgirl Simulator ;3
drauch

Post by drauch »

Oh fuck, okay I thought so! I even googled the quote and Magician Lord and didn't see it, so I figured otherwise. Thanks!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

While all of the minibosses have personality (st1+2's goober skelebros laughing in your face; st3's Deep One marching about with comical bloodlust between BAHNINGU DUROPPUKICKs; st4/6's stoic armoured knights who'll tank through walls of hell to land beefy yet impeccably-formed strikes), I'm surprised they didn't bump her up to stage boss status. Would've been awkward, with all the other ones being screen-tall Unspeakable Horrors (I wonder if those poor skeletonised fucks surrounding st4's Old One lacked the INT/FTH to avoid it hoovering the flesh right off their bones with some sick AOE :shock:), but she's a very cute Black Leather Bitch Outta Hell design with her strident chin up/shoulders back guard stance, ditzy yet lethal castings, and obligatory early 90s lack of a confirmed kill, just a whiny pout as Elta moves on to bigger problems. :mrgreen:

Holy fuck, these guys got some tunes Image

EDIT: Haha. Speaking of Neo connections. Probably just coincidence, but can't deny them BRAIN REACTIONS Image

Pretty decent album too! (Salisbury, that is - MS2's HIYA!-authored excellence goes without saying :cool:) One of those 70s prog-metal bands that lots of musicians I enjoy cite, but I just never seem to get around to (see also Budgie and Wishbone Ash).
Lander

Post by Lander »

In the primordial darkness before From Software, there was Emerson Lake and Palmer.
And from this darkness, a warrior was born.
Not one of Black Iron, but a shining ARMADILLO TANK!

BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Lander wrote:In the primordial darkness before From Software, there was Emerson Lake and Palmer.
And from this darkness, a warrior was born.
Not one of Black Iron, but a shining ARMADILLO TANK!

has the dawn ever seen yOur eyes
have the yearz made yOu so unwise
realize yOu are...

tarkus has been my jAm for yearz \m/
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Hiroshi Yoshimura: Music For Nine Post Cards

New Order: Power, Corruption & Lies

Susumu Yokota: Symbol

Yaz: UPSTAIRS AT ERIC'S

BIL

Post by BIL »

vol.2 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:36 pmNew Order: Power, Corruption & Lies
Ah man Image The kind of record sleeve you can hear just looking at it Image Won't you / Please let me go~
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:11 pm Ah man Image The kind of record sleeve you can hear just looking at it Image Won't you / Please let me go~
It gives me shivers ngl.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

A few I'm lucky enough to own...

And more classic-ish:

heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Man, this thread follows a bumpy timeline. Aeons between bumps! I enjoyed re-reading. :cool: What was latter-day shumps is now medieval shumps. tfw threads about old favourites become nostalgic themselves, eh. Image
CStarFlare wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:10 pm
BIL wrote:Interested to hear what you think :smile: I love stuff like this, but it tends to come to me, rather than the reverse - besides Schifrin's Dirty Harry, the other score I was thinking of is YACK's Elevator Action Returns. The roots of all this breezy, subtly menacing jazz for hardboiled fiction, I'm cheerfully in the dark about, I just know I enjoy it when it comes along. Image
Finally gave it a listen. From the get-go I was thinking how it was giving me Inugami Family vibes, but thought maybe that's just the defining sound of that era of Japanese film music. Then 35 minutes in it actually contains 犬神家の一族 (with a couple more Inugami tracks apparently on an expanded edition as bonus tracks), so maybe there's a connection here.

I've enjoyed Inguami's soundtrack for a decade or more at this point (every once in a while I toy with the idea of snagging a vinyl copy, but they're damn spendy). This hits some of the same pleasure centres in the brain but I think I prefer Inugami's darker vibe is more my style - Kindaichi has too much energy to fully pull me under.
I never thanked you for this! Cheers bud Image
cj iwakura wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:53 pm A few I'm lucky enough to own...
Always thought AC Zero's was superbly done. Namco's late 90s into 00s work - Tekken, RR, AC - is great at establishing the sense of a wider world around hardcore arcade-bred gaming.

Haven't heard this album, just saw it in my recs and adored the composition:

AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Clint Mansell's old band. They're still around, but new line up features only 2 o/g members. Not the same w/out him. The artwork and typefaces are by The Designer's Republic's Ian Anderson. Ian did some work for me, but we had a falling out and it will never be seen in public.

New Order - Technique

Aphex - SAW 85-92. Had the good fortune to work with Paul Nicholson and will continue to do so going fwd

BIL

My life ain't no holiday~

Post by BIL »

AGermanArtist wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:13 amNew Order - Technique
Immense presence, those landmark 80s albums of theirs. Can't see that without instantly hearing Vanishing Point fire up. Image
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

NYN

no top lists, please

Post by NYN »

Say, gang, is there any ONE web address where album covers are available to look up and reference to? Not a digital store per se. As in a blog, or project. If not :cry: , I'll call it a dang shame, for sure!
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
BIL

Re: no top lists, please

Post by BIL »

NYN wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:56 pm Say, gang, is there any ONE web address where album covers are available to look up and reference to? Not a digital store per se. As in a blog, or project. If not :cry: , I'll call it a dang shame, for sure!
It may be a bit inefficient, but I've found discogs pretty useful over the years. Decent span of genres. Particularly good at catching alternate/international variants. Might be better for previewing the materials, than for archival-quality scans.

Speaking of, Blackacidevil's disc art always caught my ninja gaidening fancy. Image

"Have a nice day." *trapdoor*
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

AGermanArtist wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:13 am New Order - Technique
LOL i have a Dr. Martens t-shirt with this, i didn't know it was a New Order album.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Lemnear wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:35 pm LOL i have a Dr. Martens t-shirt with this, i didn't know it was a New Order album.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266386674490 ... 5UQAvD_BwE
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

AGermanArtist wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:37 pm
Lemnear wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:35 pm LOL i have a Dr. Martens t-shirt with this, i didn't know it was a New Order album.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266386674490 ... 5UQAvD_BwE
I'll probably say that are shit, and then end up taking them anyway.

Cover:
Spoiler
DMC

Post by DMC »

cj iwakura wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:53 pm Image
I had to check this one out. Sounds great! Charming cover.

Kultiration. Swedish reggae band. The cover depicts the agricultural land of south Sweden with the industry in the background, and the album title suggests that it is about growth. Here's a song titled "an hour left to live".
vol.2

Re: no top lists, please

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:03 pm Speaking of, Blackacidevil's disc art always caught my ninja gaidening fancy. Image

"Have a nice day." *trapdoor*
No shade, but I'm pretty sure that's just the Samhain logo.

BIL

GURL I'M GAWNNA MAKE U CUM (`w´メ) (◎w◎;)

Post by BIL »

Indeed, but now there's an evil Jaquio dude rocking it Frank Castle-style Image

You have to understand I'm Jaquio's lawyer, I've seen him drive grown men to public auto-sodomisation :cool:

Probably one of the least contentious tweaks Glenn tried out on that LP. :lol: NGL, I consider Seventh House, Serpentia, and especially the mournful apocalyptic dirge of See All You Were legit classics. I howl along to that one's chorus every time. Image

Every night your death awaits
Less and less to feel

"Ashes" is aight too! Overall ain't shit compared to I-IV but that's what happens when ur classic lineup leaves because ur kind of a douche, or so some say 3; Christ/Eerie/Biscuits, backing unit of bone-dry balls-hard black mythos. ;-;7
vol.2

Re: GURL I'M GAWNNA MAKE U CUM (`w´メ) (◎w◎;)

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:27 pm Indeed, but now there's an evil Jaquio dude rocking it Frank Castle-style Image

You have to understand I'm Jaquio's lawyer, I've seen him drive grown men to public auto-sodomisation :cool:

Probably one of the least contentious tweaks Glenn tried out on that LP. :lol: NGL, I consider Seventh House, Serpentia, and especially the mournful apocalyptic dirge of See All You Were legit classics. I howl along to that one's chorus every time. Image

Every night your death awaits
Less and less to feel

"Ashes" is aight too! Overall ain't shit compared to I-IV but that's what happens when ur classic lineup leaves because ur kind of a douche, or so some say 3; Christ/Eerie/Biscuits, backing unit of bone-dry balls-hard black mythos. ;-;7
:lo: I can picture it, BIL riding off into the sunset with a Devil Lock and a demon skeleton babe

Danzig and Misfits stuff are near and dear; I spent a lot of time riding shotgun in a pizza delivery vehicle in HS listening to that stuff with my skate rat buddies. It was the perfect soundtrack to the liminality of a suburban wasteland, when everything seemed exciting and simple and endless