Being sick this past week has made me think...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
jp

Being sick this past week has made me think...

Post by jp »

... or rather, rethink, my stance on gaming.

Its pointless to hate companies or games in general because they don't live up to the past, and the reason being is simple: Its because its not like anyone at any point ever made a game better than Bubble Bobble anyways (mainly the NES one though since it had like, 50 extra levels), so yeah, Bubble Bobble is just a little demigod piece of heaven.

OK sorry, wasted post, just been playing Bubble Bobble Old and New on my DS all week (been sick with the flu), and reliving all those wonderous days I spent when I was 3 playing the shit out of the game. Though I wish they would use the NES version in one of these ports... I want my levels A0-E9 or whatever.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

I was playing Bubble Bobble in MAME this week with an arcade stick, and thinking how sad it is that companies don't make (good) single-screen platformers anymore. I love that feeling of getting to the next "screen".

Well nevermind we'll just keep playing Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros, Bubble Symphony forever anyway with gameplay this perfect.

oh, and

Image[/img]
Super Mega C

Re: Being sick this past week has made me think...

Post by Super Mega C »

jp wrote:

Its pointless to hate companies or games in general because they don't live up to the past, and the reason being is simple: Its because its not like anyone at any point ever made a game better than Blaster Master anyways
fixed
Button masher extrordinaire
"and on the eighth day, he stopped resting"
Stormwatch

Re: Being sick this past week has made me think...

Post by Stormwatch »

jp wrote:Its because its not like anyone at any point ever made a game better than NiGHTS: into dreams anyways
fixed :lol:
Neon

Post by Neon »

good man! now's the time to pick up a ps2 and virtua fighter 4 before you fall back into the fanboy trap :wink:

but yeah, I would agree. That's why I haven't posted in the 'top 3 companies' thread...it's the games, not the company, that are important. but Sega, treasure, capcom and cave make the best games, so...