shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Post your flavor of the month VG music
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:03 am 

Since I've been doing so much turfin' lately—never realized how godly the Japan theme was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87FL8LWE9sg

Goes down like butter on headphones in particular.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am 

So chill it could keep you cool in the Sahara

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:25 pm 

I'm going nuts trying to remember where/if I've heard that central melody before, might just be imagining things... :mrgreen: Great song, indeed.

EDIT: aha - not quite the same but I think it's tripping my fondness for Gradius 2's stately OP tune "Above The Horizon," specifically the lovely little melancholy that first appears at 0:35.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:17 am 

I really really dig the Tandy rendition that Speedy did for David Murray/8-Bit Guy's newest game's OST.

I love putting this in the background while doing computer work and getting lost in it's atmospheric PSG haze

It's got a great espionnage feel for most part, but also some more heavy-action moments, and can get very moody and open too(the first two-thirds are VERY ATMOSPHERIC, with a thick air of desolation envelopping it). It can get a bit meandering every now and then but overall I feel like this is super strong.

Must-listen if you like PSG tunes(even more so if you have a sample-less PSG fetish, like with Pokey etc) IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVlPjJ ... MA&index=4

Last edited by FinalBaton on Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:15 am 

I always really liked the R-Type Leo boss theme. They really captured the atmosphere with this one - simultaneously extremely chill and threatening.

One thing that surprised me was how different the song seemed for the final boss. Talk about duality. That's some badass stuff right there.
My Discord is PerishedFraud#0293 in case you need me to tell you how lame Touhou is

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 pm 

The Ninja Warriors Triple OST (AC/Again/Once Again) is out now on Zuntata Records - I like that the ZTT label published this. :cool: TBH, I consider a lot of TNWA/OA's stage music a bit sedate, though with both games demanding keen concentration in their respective survival/style contests, a bit of zen is no bad thing. However its handful of peppier tracks always fire me up, and they are in killer form with radiant synths and gloriously beefed-up bass. NINJA ROOM BGM is AMAZING, the keys booming harder and the woodwinds smoothing smoother than ever. Image Banglar boss BGM boasts Death By Bassline RAPID FIRE VER - hawwwt! Image

Perhaps not unforeseeably, the SFC's most intense stage BGM by far, st7/"Train Tracks In The Snow" ends up a bit over-egged; I prefer the subtly muted opening bars of the original. Still, the successes far compensate; st7 boss Zelos's theme takes on an intensity to match the stunningly demolished new scenery, and the slight dialing-up of st8's BGM adds a perfect shade of urgency to the final trial without sacrificing its anticipatory simmer. The character select BGM isn't one you'll tend to hear for very long, but I like that it's got a considerably expanded melody to enjoy while admiring the killer artwork. Hiroyuki Iwatsuki did his cohorts proud on this project.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 am 

Heh BIL, if you wanna talk about great character select BGM, you needn't look further than Scrambled Valkyrie.
My Discord is PerishedFraud#0293 in case you need me to tell you how lame Touhou is

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:18 am 

Oh hell yeah, that's a great one. Sort of select BGM that makes you want to hang around a bit! Even an impatient bugger like me!

This is a rad tangent, but for now I'll just post a tune that would make a killer select theme, Mission 5 from Stellar Assault. Jazzy, snappy, expectant and concise.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25