Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
S_Fang

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by S_Fang »

IMDB's new interface not only removed the traditional one, but the review system came butchered because it doesn't let you order the user's review by date or uselessness.
Is somewhat a chore to scroll down the pages for recent reviews and such.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Specineff wrote:The fact that I haven't found a bluetooth speaker that will sync with any of my computers. Why only with cell phones? (All drivers are up to date, no drivers from the speaker manufacturer are available. I've covered every possibility)
Wireless tech ten times more annoying and unpractical than plain old wires. Yet billions of shitty Bluetooth devices sold every year, quite the feat accomplished I would say.
Seriously I used to be in charge of tech stuff and that included audio, BT shit made like 95% of the business at some point and yes people massively used those with their smartphone (pairing issues were still very common though, drove our aftersales guys mad)
TBBT coined it in that scene https://youtu.be/H_lf8_pxg2Q BT being good is just popular opinion, it's not rational.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Winter weather is a real problem lately. The freezing temps, scraping ice off the car's windshield, shoveling snow, freezing rain, and all that other related bullshit.

Win10 needs to go back to 7's upgrade model where you can take or leave certain updates. Don't try to consolize PCs.

I think companies should monetize game music videos rather than issuing takedown orders or DMCA requests. On my Youtube channel I have a Rolling Thunder 2 video (gameplay, not just music) which Namco merely monetized. Not sweating that. Victor Entertainment (Japan) used to have the video and certain other Namco game ones banned in certain areas, but that was thankfully lifted.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

The Benny Hill Theme
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

*grabs a boombox and blares it while chasing after Blinge*
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:*grabs a boombox and blares it while chasing after Blinge*
lol
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

...in humorously-applied fast-forward, I assume?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I mean, I could just.. not run away.

#Standproud #alpha #neverbackdown# standyourground
#alt-light #nocucksgiven #worldstar #thesecolorsdontrun #whenhechaseyou #brazzers
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You forgot #yakkitysux ;)
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Lol @ those hashtags Blinge
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
ryu

Post by ryu »

Apparently you can no longer buy multiple itmes on ebay and ask the seller to send a total quote to save on shipping costs.

what the fuck.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Since when? Just did it last week myself. It took me a second to see the option. I think they just moved it.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
ryu

Post by ryu »

No idea and I don't quite get it to be honest. The first item I bought I didn't hae to pay right away, and on all the other items clicking "buy now" lead me directly to the payment page. So I put them in my basket, and when I went to pay for them all it said "can't ask for quote on items that have to be paid on purchase". :?
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

Blinge wrote:The Benny Hill Theme
Is understandable, as my peers and older people have to shove the Scrubs' sad theme whenever they do a video on youtube, to the point you'd rather listen to the site's generic music catalogue than an obnoxious shout out.
I got it, Scrubs was a good tv show, but there are so many decent ones out there, use some of the music from those instead (if no one do a DMCA claim).
Last edited by S_Fang on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Dear Skype:

Stop trying to force me to use your dumbed-down, IOS-like "new" version that feels like a Fisher-Price toy. I'm happy with the classic version, for the limited use I give it. Don't think you can just sneak it in under the pretense of a critical update. I will hopefully be able to get my remaining buddies to switch to Telegram and Discord, but in the meanwhile, f*** you, and f*** you again.

-Spec.

P.S.: F*** YOU, SKYPE.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

When a brand name changes the recipe of a well-known commodity and nobody notices any taste difference, but you immediately do.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Buying quick-cooking pasta instead of normal by mistake.

Definitely not the same taste and texture as asian instant-noodles.

Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

People who are too "cool" to leash their dogs in the city.

I'm taking my dog for an evening walk and ahead of us there's this puppy off the leash, sniffing around someone's garden, no person anywhere near it. I look around and the only people I can see are three dudes smoking on a porch. But it can't be them, they're deep in conversation and the puppy's behind a decorative wall out of their eyesight. But I can't see anyone else so I ask, "Hey, is that your dog?"

"What?"

I point, "Is that your dog over there?"

Then one guy goes, "shit!" and runs down the yard, around the decorative wall, then yells at his dog before grabbing it and dragging it back to the house. Like it's the puppy's fault.

Of course the puppy this guy is too cool to leash or even keep an eye on is a pit bull. Gonna be barrels of fun when it reaches puberty and the aggression hormones kick in while he's not even watching.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Simple lack of responsibility.

My first response in these situations is always sympathy for the dog, rather than anger at the owner.
There are no bad dogs. Only bad owners.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Waking up at five and stepping in a quart of homemade bone broth all over the kitchen floor. I spent the last hour moving shit, cleaning it up and finally washing the fucking floor. When I get home later I will move the rest of the stuff and wash under that.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
ave

Post by ave »

Something that pisses me off are those English grammar mistakes:

"I could/would/should of done that"
"There not right!", likewise: "Their is nothing to say"

Those are just fucking annoying because any person proficient enough to speak proper English would not expect the word "of" after the word "should", and "There not" is hilariously wrong grammer. I have zero sympathy for anyone who makes these mistakes. Funny thing is, I know many immigrants and ESL (english as second language) speakers like myself, and they NEVER make these grammar mistakes. It appears they are reserved exclusively for native speakers of English.

Your/you're also annoys me, but at least it doesn't interrupt the reading comprehension as much as having to think "oh, he meant 'have'" and "guess he meant their" all the time. A close runner up is when people confuse "too" and "to". How the fuck can they think "to" sounds like "too"? One o has a SHORT pronunciation, not a long one like oo. I blame it on some hillbilly accent.
"I like that to", I read that frequently in YouTube and Facebook comments and whereever the grammar rapists are hanging out. It gives me grammar cancer. You like that to WHAT, asshole?

[/rant]
THE ETERNAL
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

My Windows Update walked into an exam earlier this evening. It's forgotten everything it's ever done and has no idea how to even write its own name.

2 hours later and it's fixed (the quick part) and updated (the painfully slow part). y u so slow to download from Microsoft?!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Microsoft's quality control has really went downhill since Windows 10. Seems patches breaking Windows completely and forcing a system restore are becoming more and more common. And that's on top of Windows Update itself seeming to break every few months .. :lol:
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Udderdude wrote:Microsoft's quality control has really went downhill since Windows 10. Seems patches breaking Windows completely and forcing a system restore are becoming more and more common. And that's on top of Windows Update itself seeming to break every few months .. :lol:
You're referencing AMD issues.

Well, allow me to retort. :)

The press ran out and leaked the vulnerability stories to get their clickz. This wasn't about keeping people informed. Not this time.

Silicon manufacturers and OS maintainers were working to get fixes in place before the ambitious "gotta git mah props" reporters started running around screaming and stirring up a panic.

If these vulnerabilities had been ignored or swept under the rug, it would be different. That didn't happen here. That just didn't happen.

So, the result?

Rushed patches and AMD problems.

Also, I see other manufacturers that aren't doing shit. Apple is tight lipped and they will likely ship belated half fixes. Most Android devices will never get a patch at all.

Speaking of fucking Android, Google never bothered to abstract their hardware layer, so drivers quickly lose compatibility with newer versions of the Android OS. Carriers have no incentive to keep up and devices are quickly abandoned. What a shit show!

Anyhow, the quality might be better if the patches weren't rushed, but the press decided that we had to know right now. In this case, I think that decision was about getting those clickz.
We apologise for the inconvenience
orange808

Post by orange808 »

gbatemp drives me nuts. It needs to be replaced.

The signal to noise is awful. Thousands and thousands of dumb shit kids running around posting ignorant misinformation and flaming.

For every time Libretro pops up with some good information about Retroarch or there is a new useful release, there are hundreds of worthless shit posts and worthless threads.

It's gotten to where I check it once every couple of weeks.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Well, allow me to retort.

The press ran out and leaked the vulnerability stories to get their clickz. This wasn't about keeping people informed. Not this time.
What in the world are you talking about? I hope it isn't spectre/meltdown, because that would be 1) not specifically related to AMD, 2) totally unrelated to the shittiness of Windows Update, 3) originally reported by researchers last summer and only became public now because developers on the Linux Kernel mailing list were discussing the workaround.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

A close runner up is when people confuse "too" and "to". How the fuck can they think "to" sounds like "too"?
Funny you should mention that. I don't know about every other place in the English-speaking world, but here they are pronounced exactly the same. In any case, no assumptions can be made about how an English word sounds based only its spelling.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

ED-057 wrote:

Well, allow me to retort.

What in the world are you talking about? I hope it isn't spectre/meltdown, because that would be 1) not specifically related to AMD, 2) totally unrelated to the shittiness of Windows Update, 3) originally reported by researchers last summer and only became public now because developers on the Linux Kernel mailing list were discussing the workaround.
AMD is affected by at least one possible vector. Just because the inject flaw has no current proof of concept, you bought the AMD company line about immunity. FYI, everyone agrees it's possible.

And, the Linux community had a meltdown because the performance hit for patching is a PITA. Also, there is the issue of when and where to disable the workarounds in the future.

Anyhow, I don't want to interrupt you. Please continue posting what you read on TechCrunch. Very reliable.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

AMD is affected by at least one possible vector.
That's nice. Meanwhile, AMD is not the only, nor the biggest chip maker to be caught up in these revelations.

You can post all the wild rants you want, considering what thread we're in, but you haven't yet explained what yours had to do with the post you quoted.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

ave wrote: A close runner up is when people confuse "too" and "to". How the fuck can they think "to" sounds like "too"? One o has a SHORT pronunciation, not a long one like oo. I blame it on some hillbilly accent.
to, too, and two have the same pronunciation in english. i can say this with confidence as a confirmed english person. as ed pointed out, spelling often has surprisingly little to do with how a word is pronounced in english.