Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
brentsg

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by brentsg »

orange808 wrote:The media intentionally isn't reporting that boomers are the only age group that faces any significant or real danger from Covid-9. They are telling you to stay home, but the death rate for Millennials is .02%. That's almost certainly overstated, because that 02% is among the very small rare fraction of millennials that ended up in hospital (got very sick). It's not dangerous to young people. It's no worse than the flu.

This is all about protecting olds. But, would they do the same for you?
Are we now taking public health stances based on which age group it will affect? WTF.

I have asthma so I guess you can kill me off too.

I never understood ageism since we will all be old. Trust me you will be shocked at how quickly time flew by.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
orange808

Post by orange808 »

brentsg wrote:
orange808 wrote:The media intentionally isn't reporting that boomers are the only age group that faces any significant or real danger from Covid-9. They are telling you to stay home, but the death rate for Millennials is .02%. That's almost certainly overstated, because that 02% is among the very small rare fraction of millennials that ended up in hospital (got very sick). It's not dangerous to young people. It's no worse than the flu.

This is all about protecting olds. But, would they do the same for you?
Are we now taking public health stances based on which age group it will affect? WTF.

I have asthma so I guess you can kill me off too.

I never understood ageism since we will all be old. Trust me you will be shocked at how quickly time flew by.
That's my point.

Also, these people told me AIDS came from evil black people that f*ck monkeys and God sent the virus to punish the blacks and gays.

I'm not the only person that heard that brand of crap.

These people are just as backwards and lost as they've ever been.

One last thing: Boomers made this environment. They chose it.

I don't feel bad. They sure don't feel bad about giving everyone else the shaft.

I'm not packing a bag, because I'm not taking a guilt trip. ;)
We apologise for the inconvenience
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Everybody gets old (unless they die first) but some people don't plan for it. There is a personal and societal tradeoff to be made. How much of your youth do you want to devote to saving money so that you can blow it all on medical bills when you're an old fart? How much of your youth do you want to devote to paying taxes/premiums so that the current old farts can blow it all on their medical bills? How much do you think the future youth will be able/willing to blow on your medical bills when you're an old fart if you can't cover them yourself?
bottino

Post by bottino »

That fucking sucks, BulletMagnet. I hope everything goes well for you guys and wish your old man a speedy recovery.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Thanks, to Bottino and others; I'm sure Dad'll be fine, he's too stubborn to let a little thing like open heart surgery slow him down much, heh.

As for myself, I got the "official" rejection letter the other day, and it mentions that I have the right to appeal the decision; I don't know how much good it'll do me, but I think I'm going to go ahead and do so, even if it ends up wasting my time even further. Guess I get that from the old man, too. :P
BIL

Post by BIL »

Manga sites with the motherfucking pages out of order. I am ASS MAD here! Image

Now, some will say "OMFG UR PIRATIN, BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS" and to that I respond There is principle in everything. :cool:

Have a care, for God's sake. Do a good job! Image GET IT RIGHT CUNTS ImageImageImage

EDIT: yes I have posted as much in the comments, doesn't seem to do much though Image

MX7

Post by MX7 »

Just buy books rather than staring at a Web page filled with machine translated scanlation. Where's your self re-cocking-spect?

Seriously though I used to be a scum lord pirate, and slowing down my consumption to one or two books a week and spending some time learning to read French at a moron level to read the guro stuff UK publishers won't touch is a great idea.
BIL

Post by BIL »

In my meagre defense the mango in question is Baki-dou, and I'm just reading to see how much more inane it can get. :lol: After battling PICKLE the T Rex-eating caveman (and by "battling" I mean "repeatedly attacking the testicles of"), now BAKI and friends must fight MIYAMOTO MUSASHI. Just as before, I am siding with the bewildered revenant who has all these fervent appreciators of the male body angrily lusting after him, defeat only making them harder. :shock: Could only be improved if they roped in friggin Kenshiro for the next arc.

EDIT: well, mostly reading for the inanity. Musashi himself is great! This motherfucker is the real thing. He's not some poncy tournament fighter, he made his name in the mahfuckin SENGOKU son! In a time of unprecedented peace and plenty he just wants to drink and fuck and be famous, ffs.

That face Image

All the main characters are "buhh, why he not TRU FIGHTING LEGEND" then he owns them with his murder-honed skills and they get even more ass-mad! I get the feeling the author's having a laugh at his own preposterous work, it's fun.

It reminds me of the SVC Chaos manhwa where Genjuro cuts Iori's friggin dick off - sword or not, the fuck else would anyone expect, pitting a hardened Bakumatsu Murder Machine against some pampered Duran Duran cosplayer?
chargrad

Post by chargrad »

I don’t like it when someone starts talking very loudly and attracting extra attention to themselves and does not say anything good.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

GOG just ended support for the GOG downloader app today. Now it's direct download or Galaxy.

I hate GOG Galaxy because half my games detect it then suddenly my save file disappears because they're looking for a cloud save instead of the one already on my hard drive. Also if I wanted to play my games through a frontend, I'd just use fucking steam.

At least offline installers are still a thing.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Leader Bee

Post by Leader Bee »

Games that use fighting game mechanics in a genre that isn't a fighting game; If I wanted to remember special moves I'd be playing street fighter.

It initially bothered me in Sotn, not that I couldn't remember the moves but more that they were unreliable to pull off on a D-pad and when I needed to pull off a soul steal or whatever it was hit or miss if I'd pull it off.

More annoyingly, I've recently started playing ff6 for the first time and sometimes I'm struggling to pull off Sabin's blitz moves that use diagonals. It's more of a problem here because you loose your turn if you fudge it and have to wait again to possibly get "incorrect blitz input" yet again.
The universe is neither hostile nor friendly, simply indifferent.

Even without my umbillical cable attached I still have over 12,000 plates of fortified armour AND I have my AT Field! There's NO WAY I can lose!!
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

When a game's trailer has fantastic music that pushes me over the edge into buying it, only for it to turn out that song isn't in the game, the music that is included doesn't sound remotely similar, and sometimes the game doesn't even have any music!

One example.

Another example.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Guy got beaten and robbed by thugs in Philly with footage uploaded FO THE GRAM, as you do nowadays. Some black guy in Florida has the same account name as the cameraman? Clearly they are the same person!

Always with the Rick & Morty. :| Is this what it's like to hate anime avatars on Twitter? :oops:
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I had already paid a six month contract for my web hosting when they announced they would be shuffling the packages again and that they would (naturally) be putting me in a top tier plan that cost 40% more by default. I figured that when the end of my contract rolled around I would have to go in and manually choose a more reasonable option. But no. Instead they suddenly cancelled the existing contract and stated they would be rebilling the following day. So I had to change it immediately. And oh, sorry, the not-most-expensive plan doesn't include the domain registration anymore. That is now a separate charge. And bandwidth caps are back too. So now I am still paying more than I was ten years ago, and getting less bandwidth, and the TOS are now a mile long and full of arbitrary restrictions. This is progress.

Next up, the chuckleheads at the cable company apparently think this is a great time to raise rates too. For the third time in three years. (The price has nearly DOUBLED.) That, while they are constantly spamming me with junk mail, trying to coerce me into getting TV shit that I don't want supposedly for a lower price than what I already pay. No doubt, I'll be cancelling all of it out of pure spite and go back to using mobile data as my only internet connection since it is the only other option here.

It's bad enough that most websites are designed by imbeciles now and they all try to sell you out to the goog/facekook mass surveillance operation. The MBA retards think I want to pay more and more for something worse and worse? GTFO.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Walking my dog tonight, a guy with two pitbulls that I know from previous experience are aggressive, is coming right for us, and he's coughing with gusto then spitting out a giant loogie onto the sidewalk.

We just crossed the street.

Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

What a massive dick.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

The only thing worse than a pitbull is a pitbull owner.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

How big of an asshole do you have to be to make fun of someone for wearing a mask now? People suck.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm going stir-crazy in quarantine, forcing myself to take a week-long political news fast for my mental health, really looking forward to the thursday game release from gog, hoping for a cool new action game...

...and it's another visual novel.

CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

FOV sliders are a sin. How can someone look at what's supposed to be a 90-degree angle and not get a dissonance from it not looking right? How can people move and turn rapidly in fish-eye mode without getting dizzy? Excuses about it allowing you to "see more" are just nonsense. Worst of all, they now put this crap into retro-style FPSes and new ports of old ones. If I could put dislikes on Twitch streams that mess with it I certainly would 'cause I've seen way too many of those already.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

CyberAngel wrote:FOV sliders are a sin. How can someone look at what's supposed to be a 90-degree angle and not get a dissonance from it not looking right? How can people move and turn rapidly in fish-eye mode without getting dizzy? Excuses about it allowing you to "see more" are just nonsense. Worst of all, they now put this crap into retro-style FPSes and new ports of old ones. If I could put dislikes on Twitch streams that mess with it I certainly would 'cause I've seen way too many of those already.
You can outright see more with high FOV, and I've heard of people considering crazy stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOJ3yCK8pI, but one major use for FOV adjustment is to compensate for the actual field of view you should be seeing based on your position and monitor size.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

I needed to slightly increase field of view on Doom Eternal (amongst other settings) to alleviate motion sickness.

But yeah, individual choice for people really sucks.
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

I understand needing adjustments depending on setup, but I've seen people playing with FOV that would only make sense for VR. Whatever the case, you still gotta take into account how viewers will see it when you're streaming. And looking at some streams like that makes me physically ill within seconds.

EDIT: On a different note, Firefox updated their address bar... by making its functionality straight up WORSE. What's with the big internet corps and shooting-themselves-in-the-foot style "improvements"...
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Oh man. I dropped Firefox years ago. It has been in a constant race to make things worse.
I only use it on my phone because it supports addons.

On an unrelated note, I saw a phishing message in my inbox this evening with an ancient password of mine.
Was kinda worried for a second until I started thinking of what services I used that password on [nothing I've cared about in the last 10 years]. :lol:
Googling the old password brought up a list of passwords on an ftp site [no usernames or anything like that], so it was clearly leaked in some breach or another.

really would have been pretty bad ten years ago though, I'd have been in a mad scramble to change everything
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Check out haveibeenpwned.com. Enter in that bad boy and see what all it's on!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Oh yeah. Was almost certainly like the LinkedIn leak that did me in there.
Kinda surprised I didn't see that account vandalized or something, lol.
headlesshobbs

Post by headlesshobbs »

null1024 wrote:Oh man. I dropped Firefox years ago. It has been in a constant race to make things worse.
I only use it on my phone because it supports addons.

On an unrelated note, I saw a phishing message in my inbox this evening with an ancient password of mine.
Was kinda worried for a second until I started thinking of what services I used that password on [nothing I've cared about in the last 10 years]. :lol:
Googling the old password brought up a list of passwords on an ftp site [no usernames or anything like that], so it was clearly leaked in some breach or another.

really would have been pretty bad ten years ago though, I'd have been in a mad scramble to change everything
Yeah i just saw the same thing and I guess mine was threatening to "expose my life to everyone and make my life miserable" lol! I've already had a discussion about this with work and we'll turn over anything we get to the authorities if the dipshit tries to follow thru on any threats.

Old passwords are good for probably a year or two, then you should update. Still this is dumb that you'd expect site owners to button up security enough not to take a breach or two.
"Don't HD my SD!!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Hm, turns out I was PWNED a while back, SEVERAL TIMES :shock: So I had a look in me spam hoping for a similarly extortive threat, perhaps to expose my shameful youth downloading Castlevania OSTs. Little did I know FORTUNE AWAITED ME Image
Spoiler
OH MY GOD.

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Mullin Yato Evans a merchant in China and Dubai.I have been diagnosed with COVID-19.It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few weeks to live, according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my businesses.

Though I am very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for.

But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life in a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so,I have decided to give also to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria, Malaysia and some countries in Africa. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.

I had recently asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contented with what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of Two Hundred and Eleven Million United States Dollars $211,000,000,00 that I have with a Financial Holding Firm abroad.

I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations. I have set aside 10% for you, your time and also any expenses incured during this assignment. God be with you.

Kindly reply me on my confidential email account : ramit_inma_ashol@gmail.com

God bless you greatly as you do.

Regards,
Mullin Yato Evans
THE STORY CONTINUES

"Defiled all forms of medical treatment" I'm stealing that Image

A very little annoyance: SUPER SCAWY HORROR MODS that blag Silent Hill music and SFX wholesale. JOB DONE MIRITE. This would've been a very cool scene, if it didn't sound like a promotional CD for Konami's latest whoring out of a long-pillaged IP. Would I still have said "OMFG, that be very SH1-esque" yes, but that's fine! Toyama & co stole from the very best for their classic pastiche, and good pastiche is no bad thing.

It's not hard FFS. Get a brillo pad, a dimestore mic and some stock animal SFX, boot up Audacity, then get blackout hammered on your intoxicant of choice and cunt it all up in the Effects menu. Easy!
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

A quick bite:

Spammer: "I have your password. I took control of your cam, and recorded what you have done...while visiting those sites".

Me: "Oh, good. Anyway I uploaded...it on Sexagainstnature.com, section "Too sick 2 exist". I am always sure that I make my kinks known to the connoiseurs!".

I admit that my rants on various games have been put on hold. I promise that I will spam the relevant topics in due time.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I wonder if Darksydephil (an internet superhero whose power is to get caught jacking off on livestream) has ever received one like that. :lol: