Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
drauch

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by drauch »

God found a way.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Gonna guess it was from his decision to start using the n word (wtf does ren****r even mean?)
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sounds like one of those futile attempts to normalise a profoundly radioactive racial slur. Like this one! Even poor old Chris Rock ran into trouble with such antics.

Or maybe the racial component was the whole point, and I'm being overly charitable. I tend to be! Of all the chomo watchers in our community, I am perhaps the most ardent. Image
drauch

Post by drauch »

you
Sumez wrote:wa
shock!

omae wa mou banned.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote:Sounds like one of those futile attempts to normalise a profoundly radioactive racial slur. Like this one! Even poor old Chris Rock ran into trouble with such antics.

Or maybe the racial component was the whole point, and I'm being overly charitable. I tend to be! Of all the chomo watchers in our community, I am perhaps the most ardent. Image

Aha. I missed that one. Yes, the real word is spelled "renege." The misspelling escaped my notice. Yeah, not cool.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I don't understand, he's been here since 2010 and seems to be a legitimate poster, what the hell happened to him? His last posts sound like an alt righter developed schizophrenia and dementia.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

From the details he's posted, it sounds like yes he literally developed schizophrenia and dementia in the time since. Just decided to have a certain type of episode while posting this time, instead of his usual recent type of episode of regurgitating far right propaganda.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Kino

Post by Kino »

cave hermit wrote:I don't understand, he's been here since 2010 and seems to be a legitimate poster, what the hell happened to him? His last posts sound like an alt righter developed schizophrenia and dementia.
As someone who remembers his posts on the Neo Geo forum circa 2016, he's been full-blown neurotic for some time now.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Wow, that was weird. :shock:

Anyways, given the madness with recent SMB / SM64 auctions, I decided to have a nosy at Wata Games web page. I wish I hadn't, I want to commit GBH on every smug face on there.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Dear WataGames, please grade my CAVE cardboard box. I licked it once, but I don't think that should significantly lower the value of it.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Who the hell designed the button layout for the Steam Deck and assumed that positioning the face buttons and D-Pad at the extreme corners was a good idea? There's only a tiny portion showing them using the D-Pad or face buttons (to navigate Steam, lol, not even for an actual game) and it looks damn uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtiRGTZvGM

It's very obvious this is aimed at the first person shooter crowd, but serious FPS players would rather play on computer with WASD and mouse than this, and it clearly doesn't care about games focused on digital controls by placing them in the least accessible and comfortable locations.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

The Homer of handhelds.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

What I find deliciously ironic about the Steam Deck, is that it's a consolized PC that will be lauded by the PC Mustard Racers who like to diss consoles for their limitations.

(Of course not all PC gamers are Mustard Race idiots, but all PC Mustard Racers are PC gamers)
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

People that are still shooting off fireworks.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Woke up this morning to find out the second expensive 100GB Verbatim BD-XL disk in a row has been bricked. It's my damn ASUS drive, it died within two years. I tried running a cleaning disk and the drive fucked up the cleaning operation.

Asus used to be a reputable manufacturer. I see LG sells one for half the price I paid for the Asus. Is LG still a reputable manufacturer?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Can't speak for hard drives, but LG batteries are sought after in electric scooters.
My lord, I have come for you.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Not a hard drive, a disk burner. Yes, I'm such a super-luddite I back up my games on 100GB BD-XL disks.

Laugh all you want, but thanks to the burner I have a copy of Devil May Cry V from the brief window it was DRM-free on steam, and now it's mine forever! (Actually since the new drive comes with a complimentary M-Disk, I'll probably re-burn it with some other irreplaceable games just to be sure.)

Thanks for the tip on the batteries. The Amazon reviews seem positive on the drive, but you never know how trustworthy those can be.

EDIT: and since this post is now at the top of a new page, my Asus CD/DVD/Blu-Ray XL disk burner died after less than 2 years.

If you have any input on whether LG is a reputable manufacturer of burner drives nowadays, I would be appreciative!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Denuvo was legit removed from DMC V awhile ago. As for your burner problem, I'd recommend buying some cheap used 500 GB HDDs to throw backups on. Works for me.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Udderdude wrote:Denuvo was legit removed from DMC V awhile ago.
Yeah, but the current version doesn't run without steam. There was a brief window where it ran steam-free and that's what I've got.

drauch

Post by drauch »

I've had an LG drive I've been using for 7 years now to burn BDs. Still working strong.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Excellent, thanks!

MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

More Bromances = safer people
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

My current gripe:
ordering shit using FromJapan from Suruyuga 10 days ago, and it still hasn't arrived at the middleman's shipping center. What's taking so long, and why is Suruyuga always like this?!
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Twitter has these "recommended topics" that pop up in your feed all the time, and lately they have been completely wrong. For example, I got a "sports" topic recommendation that was a friend of a friend complaining about something political.

Also, I don't really follow sports topics so it's weird they would even do that. Whatever algorithm they are using for that shit sucks, and I feel like it's jarring and awful. I guess I'm just spoiled by more mature targeted marketing.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

vol.2 wrote:Twitter has these "recommended topics" that pop up in your feed all the time, and lately they have been completely wrong. For example, I got a "sports" topic recommendation that was a friend of a friend complaining about something political.

Also, I don't really follow sports topics so it's weird they would even do that. Whatever algorithm they are using for that shit sucks, and I feel like it's jarring and awful. I guess I'm just spoiled by more mature targeted marketing.
Dude these are actually just the fucking worst. Wish I could disable them.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I dunno, I usually don't see anything like that because of adblockers and because I always pick "Not interested"/"Show me less of this".
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Toe-key-oh
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ebay, of course.
Sunday, I finally drunk-splurged on a PS5, but quickly realised I'd mis-read and it was a digital, so attempted to cancel the order within literally a minute of placing it. Seller apparently refused, to which I thought 'fine, my mistake'.
Yesterday I see that the item has been re-listed, but my payment is still pending. Ebay aren't interested as the item isn't MIA until tomorrow. Seller has messaged me back saying that Ebay 'wouldn't allow' him to accept the cancellation, so he's raised it with them (a good sign I suppose). I've had to screen-shot everything and send it to PayPal. Who weren't interested last time a Chinese seller jibbed me with a non-functional memory card.

In the meantime, I've had a return request for a brand-new copy of the new Mario Golf that I sold two weeks ago, and I as the buyer claims it's 'not as described', I don't seem to have a leg to stand on.

I knew there was a reason 'd stopped using Ebay years ago.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

PS5 and eBay are a bad combination. lol
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

man, ebay sucks in general. i would go back and trade ebay for the days when i could walk into a thrift store and walk out with arms full of cool shit in an instant.