Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Bananamatic

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Bananamatic »

I'm watching this now with my family and my granpa is winning the cumbucket challenge thx 10/10
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

FinalBaton wrote:That'd also be a funny line to drop in their comment section :lol:
I'll post it in the comments if you give me the words. :P
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Where the hell did this whole "oof" thing come from? Have we really regressed to the point where simple sounds become memes?
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Specineff wrote:I'll post it in the comments if you give me the words. :P
"Oohh trop bien! Ce vidéo me fait me sentir comme un harceleur, à la film-de-Stephen-King : caché dans vos murs, à vous mater. Merci de me permettre de réaliser un de mes fétichismes."
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Lord Satori wrote:Where the hell did this whole "oof" thing come from? Have we really regressed to the point where simple sounds become memes?
I don't know what annoys me more, people writing it or saying it out loud.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

FinalBaton wrote:"Oohh trop bien! Ce vidéo me fait me sentir comme un harceleur, à la film-de-Stephen-King : caché dans vos murs, à vous mater. Merci de me permettre de réaliser un de mes fétichismes."
Thanks. It's done. :twisted:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Not being able to get CD digital audio working in the Windows port of Panzer Dragoon, though I must admit the game's atmosphere isn't entirely ill-suited to the lack of BGM.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Lord Satori wrote:Where the hell did this whole "oof" thing come from? Have we really regressed to the point where simple sounds become memes?
I heard it came from a sound effect in Roblox.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

...Which is a game that's been around for around ten years. What does it say about people when some like that catches on just now?
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Pi 3 B+ (and my Nth 'frustrated with Linux' rant)

I still don't see the point of such small upgrades. It's almost nothing.
Yet people will again come in droves to buy the upgrade, including I bet a significant number who have bought the previous two or three already.

It's fine that they keep super low cost solutions for every purse, but they really need a Pi 4 with enough raw processing/video/ram power to support at least a couple of genuine complete Linux distros that can use much better programs.
Would they manage to do so for around 50~70 bucks they'd fill an unoccupied market segment where no computer deserving the name exists, only bottom-end Android solutions and Windows sticks that are now certain to be plagued with 10S.

Every Linux-oriented commercial hardware project seems to end up falling short when it comes to finding a place to exist in the greater consumer market because:
1. the nerdiest base is overwhelmingly the most vocal and listened to, and they're satisfied just with looking at command lines and never actually care about the software applications that matter to maybe 98% of users in the world
2. even the layman over-enthusiast new adopter hops on the "thank you this is great keep the price ultra-low" bandwagon and there's barely any criticism. it makes Google happy for sure since those sub-100 zeni tablets and smartphones still sell like hot cakes in local supermarkets.

I really can't take Linux supporters seriously with their criticism of Microsoft, Google, Apple etc. In my eyes they're not even trying to come out of that eternal niche status. Linux desktops and latops in the same price range as genuine Windows machines will never be popular, and ultra-cheap mini boards that can only run dumbed down distros or run specific-use DIY projects will never compete with actual low-end computer solutions either.
That empty market segment has been there waiting to be filled for ages, and as things go with the slow-yet-certain evolution of Android (much less so W10S that's bound to fail) one of those days Google will fill it for good with something that can pass for a decent alternative to Windows for the average Joe, and no competition to worry about.
This is the future Linux communists want for us. :p
Last edited by Xyga on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

people been saying oof in the uk since long time mid 2000s at least .you usually say it when you punch someone in the tummy/smash something or see something bad happen :lol:
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

I prefer this classic:
Spoiler
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

BrianC wrote:
I heard it came from a sound effect in Roblox.
I like to imagine the Super Mario 64 grunt myself
Kraq

Post by Kraq »

Xyga wrote:Pi 3 B+ (and my Nth 'frustrated with Linux' rant)

I still don't see the point of such small upgrades. It's almost nothing.
Yet people will again come in droves to buy the upgrade, including I bet a significant number who have bought the previous two or three already.

It's fine that they keep super low cost solutions for every purse, but they really need a Pi 4 with enough raw processing/video/ram power to support at least a couple of genuine complete Linux distros that can use much better programs.
Would they manage to do so for around 50~70 bucks they'd fill an unoccupied market segment where no computer deserving the name exists, only bottom-end Android solutions and Windows sticks that are now certain to be plagued with 10S.

Every Linux-oriented commercial hardware project seems to end up falling short when it comes to finding a place to exist in the greater consumer market because:
1. the nerdiest base is overwhelmingly the most vocal and listened to, and they're satisfied just with looking at command lines and never actually care about the software applications that matter to maybe 98% of users in the world
2. even the layman over-enthusiast new adopter hops on the "thank you this is great keep the price ultra-low" bandwagon and there's barely any criticism. it makes Google happy for sure since those sub-100 zeni tablets and smartphones still sell like hot cakes in local supermarkets.

I really can't take Linux supporters seriously with their criticism of Microsoft, Google, Apple etc. In my eyes they're not even trying to come out of that eternal niche status. Linux desktops and latops in the same price range as genuine Windows machines will never be popular, and ultra-cheap mini boards that can only run dumbed down distros or run specific-use DIY projects will never compete with actual low-end computer solutions either.
That empty market segment has been there waiting to be filled for ages, and as things go with the slow-yet-certain evolution of Android (much less so W10S that's bound to fail) one of those days Google will fill it for good with something that can pass for a decent alternative to Windows for the average Joe, and no competition to worry about.
This is the future Linux communists want for us. :p
It's true those SBCs are extremely underpowered, but I think their purpose is to run Kodi (XMBC), home servers, perhaps even stuff like Retropie (though I guess they can't run proper cores like Higan). There's a lot of hobbyst projects based on the RPi. It's just the desktop replacement use case that's not viable.

However, I'd argue that Linux in general is a poor choice for a general-purpose, "consumer", "accessible" (to non-tech-savvy users) desktop platform. I used to run Debian Sid exclusively on my laptop back when I was a student, but I lost track of the time I put into learning its quirks, plumbing stuff that should work out of the box etc. Desktop Linux is great for development, since the whole system is pretty much a huge IDE, but driver support, office suites, photo editing software etc is severely lacking. It's mostly the vendors' fauit, but I can totally understand they're not willing to invest resources since the audience is so small and not exactly well-behaved.

And yes, I believe a lot of people, myself included, do not want Linux to leave its niche status. I mean, what's the point? If you want a "just works" machine where everything you plug in is supported, use Windows. Need a stable Unix? Go for OS X. What could Linux possibly bring to the table? Right now it's actually catering to the needs of the nerds, power users, whatever we call them, and IMO that's totally fine. Also, why pick only one option: I have a Macbook for work, Windows machine for modern games / guest room usage and Linux machine for GroovyMAME / minor personal projects.

Back to the topic of SBCs, I'd like to see more x86-based hardware. I get the benefits of ARM, maybe it really is the future, but still.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Don't forget a popular catchphrase from the 70s sounds just like the first letter of the alphabet. Ayyy!

edit: Funny how that pinball machine is actually from the 70s in a show that is supposed to be set in the 50s.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

@Kraq: The Linux narrative for many years was to offer all-accessible efficient free OS for cheaper computing.
I never agreed about it being concretized in reality but that doesn't mean I've never believed it could be achieved.

I'm seeing an increasing number of people who'd need that: a super cheap yet real computer, because yes they don't necessarily have a minimum of 200 bucks to put in an entry level Windows netbook or less interesting windows-on-a-stick (plus as I said more and more come with 10S which sucks hard), and the only other option again is supermarket Android, that's far from being a decent desktop alternative.
(Don't even mention chromebooks, my and other people's reaction in short: "wtf is that shit?")

I don't think learning the little needed to make the essentials work is a big issue, once Linux installed they can handle the minimum. I've tested that with a handful of people (ubuntu & Mint) years apart and they were okay for the most part with just a printed sheet to help them and conscious that looking at doing more they woudl be by themselves to learn how.

So Raspberry came and gave all the usual signals you typically get from the heralds of Linux-for-all (easy, cheap, ready packages, etc) of being those who'd eventually come to concretize the void-filling super-entry-level weak yet useable real computer that practically anyone could use for all of the most essential things.

But then so, even though Raspberry at first give you that feeling it's close, and despite selling 5M units a year, they won't consider revising their hardware for power if that means increasing the price to around 2x (a bit less would probably still suffice). And they wouldn't consider doing it without offering a new Raspbian along anyway so it's "too much work".

So yeah I can't help but feel a bit frustrated. Maybe while being globally unsatisfied with Linux for a long time, I still had a little faith, but it seems while I wasn't paying attention the 'free and good OS/computer for everyone' narrative died out at least within the communities.
Power users/nerds will always find satisfaction anyway, they don't live in the same dimension as the noob's, but their opinion is never to be taken into account when thinking about non-niche strategies.
One obvious thing regarding Raspberry is that they do a decent marketing and communication job, they make it sound friendly and attractive, but in the end the product is really only just nerd shit. It's clashing if you see what I mean, again in typical Linux world fashion.

I think the criticism is legit in that they don't present this as another 'for nerds' thing, and if you're not savvy-enough before purchasing there's an almost unevitable process of disappointment that will occur, and when you ask if they plan to go bigger everyone engineers and fans will happily kill your hopes.
What a shame.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Linux has three big 'ole issues:
1: shit's breaking up
Like, 8-9 years ago or so, everything was fine.
PulseAudio finally stopped having issues for the most part. GNOME 2 was the common desktop, and it was pretty easy to use and full-featured.
It was pretty easy to recommend Linux around that point [well, Ubuntu]. It looked and felt nice, and things finally were looking up.

GNOME 3 happens, they start gutting the interface and changing it in ludicrous ways, aiming for the tablet market or something, I dunno. The handling of GTK3 sucked. X is [finally] going away and here comes Wayland... but everyone still needs X.
Everyone is moving to GTK3 now because GTK2 isn't maintained anymore, and GTK3 still sucks [remember kids, we still don't have a large icon view or thumbnail view in the file picker dialog by default, despite a patch being made, and despite this being a feature request for over a decade, and it went and messed up various little UI things for the worse in general, such as looking for a file].
Hey, we can use Xfce or MATE... oh, Xfce's barely maintained and has screen tearing issues and has only recently been fixing ages old UI niggles and the settings menu is never going to be sensibly grouped [admittedly, this is an issue on Windows in some cases, diving through a painful win10 style thing to bring up a win2k-era or Vista-era control panel window to bring up a dialog that's been around since NT3.5 unchanged]; the MATE devs aren't entirely great at their jobs. Oh, and both are moving to GTK3.
something something Cinnamon [I don't trust anything from the Mint devs, gave up on Mint back when in-place distribution upgrades were entirely broken under it, even though Ubuntu had been fine with it for years]
loads of this doesn't affect you if you're using something based on QT instead, but pretty much all of the software I and the majority of other people I knew ran was GTK based

2: hardware
this one's never gonna go away unless someone makes a machine and a distro specifically for it [basically, do what Apple is doing -- macOS is tailored for the hardware], because there's never gonna be a nice way to use proprietary drivers, and hardware manufacturers are never going to release the important information to allow people to directly interface with the device and write their own, so loads of shit is reverse-engineered, and hardware manufacturers aren't going to bother with 3% market share to write their own drivers even if Linux did have a proper driver ABI
To be fair, in this modern age, the three big issues are laptop sleep [oh hey, you're not probing the hardware exactly like Windows? too bad, I'm not waking up the display ever, glhf], wifi [lol broadcom], and graphics; most other shit works a-ok out of the box.

3: software
lol 3% marketshare, and a large portion of that existing userbase doesn't buy software anyway
and some of the big Linux software packages [well, mostly GIMP] really suck and won't ever get better in ways that matter
I use GIMP literally every day. There's a bafuckingzillion stupid things about it [default keymap is the worst possible thing and assigns common operations weird letters/require modifier keys for them, like erase is shift+E, doing anything that uses more than like three layers is a painful, manual process, etc] and as far as I can tell, the people who work on it don't really use it that much.
libreoffice is almost nice except when it's not, and it's slow as shit with screen drawing despite supporting hardware acceleration
doing anything with MS formats is going to suck, too [loading files from Office works decently, but saving in Office format has broken things on occasion]
One obvious thing regarding Raspberry is that they do a decent marketing and communication job, they make it sound friendly and attractive, but in the end the product is really only just nerd shit. It's clashing if you see what I mean, again in typical Linux world fashion.
Eh, the Pi is a machine with big 'ole GPIO pins on it and comes as a bare board and has been marketed from the get-go as a device to teach programming and electronics with. It's always had a very "education" bent. The official distribution channels are electronics component sellers like element14.
By the standards of what it is [because it's basically a microcontroller powerful enough to run a proper OS and almost attempt to use it as a desktop], it's really friendly and attractive... but it's always been a pretty nerdy, technical machine in blatant, obvious ways, with no real attempt to hide or obscure them. This is a machine that from the start was something you used to teach kids how to light up LEDs or 2x20 LCD displays via Python or some other way higher language than anything else on the market you'd do that with.
The rock-bottom cost had people chasing after it for more, and a lot of external press has promoted it as a cheap general purpose computer [and it physically is, but glhf opening up Firefox and watching YouTube on it].

in fact, a ton of sales were just due to sheer lack of cost [myself included, I bought a pi zero entirely because it was $5, and pretty much the only thing I needed to run it that I didn't have lying around was the mini HDMI converter, and maybe I needed to get a USB OTG cable, can't remember if I had one already from with my phone]
I really do wish there was a faster, $60-$70 range Pi, yeah. Something that could maybe not just flat out choke on a recent Firefox [literally unusably slow, to the point where any action has me clicking away to do something else in the background while FF chugs along -- I use Midori on the thing and that's actually usable, but Midori kinda sucks a bit], although admittedly, that's not [entirely] the Pi's fault, Firefox is fat as shit these days, and I used to be able to use FF on the Pi at something vaguely approaching a vaguely tolerable speed.

Still, I like my Pi 2 and Pi Zero [haven't justified a 3 because it's only a bit faster and not a lot -- built-in wifi and bluetooth are good features though], and I like the fact that the Pi is a fairly fixed target piece of hardware, so just about the entirety of major Linux hardware support issues are completely gone with it [and only with it -- distro support with other SBCs is varying degrees of meh to awful].
...but they're both slow as shit once a browser that can post on a modern "social media" site [and has to run reams of javascript to do so] comes into play, and they're a bit sluggish in general anyway.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

null1024 wrote:Eh, the Pi is a machine with big 'ole GPIO pins on it and comes as a bare board and has been marketed from the get-go as a device to teach programming and electronics with. It's always had a very "education" bent. The official distribution channels are electronics component sellers like element14.
By the standards of what it is [because it's basically a microcontroller powerful enough to run a proper OS and almost attempt to use it as a desktop], it's really friendly and attractive... but it's always been a pretty nerdy, technical machine in blatant, obvious ways, with no real attempt to hide or obscure them. This is a machine that from the start was something you used to teach kids how to light up LEDs or 2x20 LCD displays via Python or some other way higher language than anything else on the market you'd do that with.
The rock-bottom cost had people chasing after it for more, and a lot of external press has promoted it as a cheap general purpose computer [and it physically is, but glhf opening up Firefox and watching YouTube on it].
I don't really agree with that, when you come to Raspberry first it's ambiguous, it's presented as 'a small and affordable computer that you can use to learn programming' yeah but it doesn't tell you can't really use it as a computer period.
You look at the hardware section you see quad core 64bit wow! you also see that you can plug/add pretty much all the same stuff including peripherals a computer can handle.
Then you get to choose what looks like a distro with a nice GUI, even ubuntu and windows-looking 'cores' mimicing the real deal, and when you get to the community lots of the talk is about achieving smooth browsing, video, office etc. The blog's current message is about scaling the desktop etc.
All of this points at: hey people look it's a computer that works and is only 35 bucks!
Yes there's a tab about education (how much of that side is for the purpose of getting funding and allow supporters to say 'we also support educational projects' though) and hobby projects but nothing, absolutely nothing is there to warn that it cannot be actually used as an everyday desktop OS running common apps without struggling af.
Nothing says it's just a microcontroller that happens to run an OS for convenience or whatever, the nerdy very technical side isn't very obvious either, you see nice smiling normal character cartoons and simple sentences everywhere, kids etc, the thing screams: low cost computer, easy, for everyone, for doing tons of things with.
It's really only after experiencing it for a while and struggling with what apparently a lot of people also seek to do but struggle with like browsing and stuff, that you end up in the discussions and realize you're surrounded by nerds telling you shut up because it's cheap and yeah the "we never said it was/could X or Y" also comes out.
It's careful silent slight dishonesty on the front to avoid labelling the product as precisely what you say it is, clearly to avoid scaring the layman potential buyer away or I've never seen marketing.
Sure there must be a comfortable majority of users who buy a Pi aware in advance of the actual hardware and OS/software limitations, of the actual purposes the thing is good for, but I'd like to see polls revealing for how many customers the product met their expectations or didn't because it wasn't clear enough what they were buying.
Remember, again: the first term used to describe the product, the first thing you're welcomed with, is 'computer' and nothing at all anywhere to contradict that, the opposite in fact as I've detailed, so it's not the media creating ambiguity in the first place, actually what I read in articles and forums is most always echoing the positive image of simplicity and efficiency with strong support of the fan base the Raspberry company and community radiate to begin, with very little criticism if any.
Raspberry can call themselves a 'foundation' or whatever and talk about education (I'd like to see the actual sales figures in that sub-segment) I don't care, in my eyes they're a business selling a product, and I believe a lot of their success is due to carefully crafted communication and presentation, well attended to, rather than the product(s) itself, even the price is a device to participate into the identity/aura imho, they would probably have very similar sales even if it had been 10 or 15 bucks more and more powerful.
I'd like to see the output shares through distribution channels also. Electronics/components stores? How many for instance through amazon though? that'd speak more to me.
To be clear I'm not trying to completely trash the Pi itself, it's just a machine (and it's absolutely great for what it can do), rather I'm one of those who've been fooled by the cultish-like mentality around it that reminds me of the Linux for everyone narrative of the past that consited in supporting it all with great volumes of hot air.

Anyway oops! our Linux/Pi rant posts are getting a bit too thicc for this thread. ^^
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I swear I was able to play ogg files on my mac before. Tried to listen to one for the first time in awhile and it'll only run on Google Chrome ffs.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Following steps in a Youtube how to guide, and the software that it's demonstrating has been updated and the guide's not accurate, yet, no updated guide exists.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I know I just posted, but I really hate that you can't reply to reviews on My Anime List (or any site really) so you could call people out when they're full of shit.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I have my Watch Later playlist on YouTube sorted so the last added item land on the top. Now all of a sudden, the new items land at the bottom. And there's no button to edit the list. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Practically every time I post in a monitor advice discussion people just disappear. :lol:

Too much info maybe? yet I'm holding back to avoid flooding readers, there's a ton of stuff to pay attention to when hunting for monitors.

I know if I just skipped the introductory technical talk and questions, and linked to some random stuff with maximum stars on amazon or newegg and be like "yeah dude that one's awesome" people would be happy, even if the monitor's actually shit and overpriced, a lot of buyers wouldn't necessarily realize anyway.

But that woudl be evil.

So maybe I should simply quit posting about monitors, I've considered it before and that was probaby the best idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

emphatic wrote:I have my Watch Later playlist on YouTube sorted so the last added item land on the top. Now all of a sudden, the new items land at the bottom. And there's no button to edit the list. Does anyone know how to fix this?
In case someone else wants to know, it turns out you can only sort this list in your phone app, not in your browser. WTF?
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

When me and other Europeans fondly discuss Dragon Ball and how it was a part of our childhood, despite it's many flaws and dubious, yet humorous dubs, and some American posts this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaH23Gh8TBs

Also, "Tien was my favourite, but Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon was the best!" :lol:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Xyga wrote:Practically every time I post in a monitor advice discussion people just disappear. :lol:

Too much info maybe? yet I'm holding back to avoid flooding readers, there's a ton of stuff to pay attention to when hunting for monitors.

I know if I just skipped the introductory technical talk and questions, and linked to some random stuff with maximum stars on amazon or newegg and be like "yeah dude that one's awesome" people would be happy, even if the monitor's actually shit and overpriced, a lot of buyers wouldn't necessarily realize anyway.

But that woudl be evil.

So maybe I should simply quit posting about monitors, I've considered it before and that was probaby the best idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've noticed that a lot of people ask a question in hardware and don't ever do a follow-up. Just that one post/question annnnnnnnnnd they gone(happened to me bunch of times : gave some info/tips and the person asking the question doesn't ever comment back. Kinda annoying for the reasons you've stated : having no confirmation that the person has seen my post, I feel like I've been wasting my time)

Maybe that's what it is?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Yeah, nice for me that latest thread worked fine.

But in general I wonder when this happens it's because some drop the same question over at different places (various similar forums of several communities) and then forget.
(people rarely use thread suscribtions w/ email alerts, too old fashioned)

Or they leave early because the first reply isn't social-media-fast?
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Xyga wrote:Yeah, nice for me that latest thread worked fine.

But in general I wonder when this happens it's because some drop the same question over at different places (various similar forums of several communities) and then forget.
(people rarely use thread suscribtions w/ email alerts, too old fashioned)

Or they leave early because the first reply isn't social-media-fast?
GeneraLight just bumped 3 threads to ask the same question thrice :lol: I think you've just got your answer right durrrrrr
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

old lady's Windows 10 laptop stuck on an update @100% for like days.

force-power off, first thing on boot up that 100% hang screen is back

try to reboot and use the tools: they don't show up with the usual trick

trying safe mode actually brings up the win boot interface tools

load from few days back save point.... fucking hung at 100% update screen is back

attempt to retry from other save point .... actually loads the desktop

check update history, nothing seems wrong

leave

old lady calls back: "it's stuk the same way again"

Fuck Windows 10 and shops that sell shit bottom-end laptops with that shitty OS, to people who don't know about and don't even need a computer to begin.

FUCK THAT :evil:

(tbh this would probably require the repair procedure, but that shit would then go back into an endless cycle of updates.
I miss the days when you could tell a Windows to only update wtf you decide and when)
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

MS has been pushing broken, buggy updates for years now. Not only that, they recently tried forcing updates on users. Even if you went through the effort of disabling Windows Update manually, it bypasses it entirely and tries to re-enable it!

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/08/repor ... ws-update/