Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Satan
Banned User

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Satan »

A world where violence isn't encouraged, where work is a gesture, where a home, the best healthcare and an actual education rather than training for enslavement are entitlements, where creativity and innovation is the central focus and where we are all equal and free of an elite. Woah, what an awful idea. You'd prefer this bullshit? Wasting your life working for some cunt in their private tyranny under the delusion you may own your own tyranny some day, paying taxes for nothing in return, a fucking slave to an elite who've brainwashed you into buying into their bullshit, celebrating and elevating borderline psychotics above yourself and enriching those who would beat the fuck out of you if you so much as contradict them or give them a look they disapprove of while they punch other humans potentially to death inside a cage. Awesome. Have at it, dummies. High 5 everyone.
Last edited by Satan on Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

If it means living in fear of being "eradicated" for something I do being interpreted as harmful to the totality of the human race at a scale I don't live at, then yeah, thanks for the proposal but I think I'll stick with this world.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

It's pretty simple, treat each other with the respect normally reserved for 'god' eradicate the superstitious notion that god is some guy in the sky that looks likes a cross between Santa and Arnold, and make Earth Heaven for us all TOGETHER. How difficult does that have to be? The very idea you have an enemy in this world is insane and something sold to the egotistical, irrational public by the elite to fuel their war grinder. You can call this Satanism if you like, I couldn't give a fuck.
I could post Chomsky videos on the subject all day, but you can collectively fuck your own ears. I couldn't give a fuck what any of you think, because you're fucking idiots who happily argue against your own best interests and I hope some of you get your heads kicked in today since you love violence so much lol
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

And if someone doesn't treat another with respect, or if someone misjudges another's actions or desires? Sure, a world where everybody respected each other would be nice but utopian proposals where everybody agrees on the same vision are a dime a dozen, it's when you have to eliminate everybody who disagrees that it becomes a dystopia.

And for the record, martial arts done in a respectful manner isn't far removed from sports in general, in that it's possible to get injured but it shouldn't be intentional. No more harm done than playing basketball or something.
Last edited by Shepardus on Sun May 15, 2016 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Satan wrote:A state that serves the interests of the majority with a fully transparent democracy where work is not the central focus and encourages creativity and innovation of all kinds and the consumption of psychedelics for the betterment of the species - yes, and if a police state is required to achieve that then yes, and why not, if the police actually serve us and not an elite against us as we have now.
regardless, laws and rules need to be enforced in one way or another
Satan wrote:It's pretty simple, treat each other with the respect normally reserved for 'god' eradicate the superstitious notion that god is some guy in the sky that looks likes a cross between Santa and Arnold, and make Earth Heaven for us all TOGETHER. How difficult does that have to be? You can call this Satanism if you like, I couldn't give a fuck.
well you know, not everyone lives in a stable country with a stable household, a stable source of food, a stable family situation, a stable internet connection, a stable education system, a stable source of income, a stable source of electricity, a stable source of hygiene, a stable source of psychedelics, a stable society, and a stable means of expressing yourself
sure, its easy to treat eachother with equal respect when you live in a desert where you need to work your ass off just to get by and the other lives in a country where he gets by having the time of his life because he got rich parents

if you don't want people on Earth to commit crimes or have to disrespect eachother, perhaps the first step is to make sure all people on Earth have equal standards of living rather than having to listen to some guy telling you how you should live your lives when you don't even have the means available to do so. which is not taking in account opportunists and power-hungry people who are just looking to make bank off your ideal world
The very idea you have an enemy in this world is insane and something sold to the egotistical, irrational public by the elite to fuel their war grinder.
the 'enemy' has many forms. It's either the seven sins, criminals, terrorists, or wrong ideas
In an ideal society there are always things you consider 'unideal', and thus by extension the 'enemy'. or in your case, the enemy is people who promote violence
I hope some of you get your heads kicked in today since you love violence so much lol
I'm not sure how being a bystander to violence makes you morally superior
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
tomwhite2004

Post by tomwhite2004 »

"Audiophiles" or opinions on formats from people without the necessary equipment to make any judgements on quality.

My cousin recently received a Mark Lanegan box set and went on and on about how amazing it sounded against the cd's that we both already owned. "Remastered on heavy vinyl" he exclaimed. I go round his place and he is listening to everything on what must be less than £50 of gear, the jankiest old turntable, amp and speakers I had ever seen, needless to say it sounded awful.
He still went on about how amazing it was and that vinyl sounded superior regardless of setup. So to prove a point bought round a 320kbp rip with decent set of Grado headphones and let him hear the difference that a good set of headphones could make, he soon shut up!

Basically, it doesn't matter your source is cd, flac, mp3, vinyl or a fucking wax cylinder. If the source is going into cheap equipment its all going to sound like shit.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Monitor took a biblical shit out of nowhere and I'm browsing on a blurry-ass TV. Don't know what you got until etc etc etc. 3:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Satan wrote:I couldn't give a fuck what any of you think, because you're fucking idiots who happily argue against your own best interests and I hope some of you get your heads kicked in today since you love violence so much lol
For a guy who supposedly liberated himself from ego thanks to shrooms, you've got some pretty inflexible views on who people are and what their role in the culture should be based on some pretty scent details.

Not to mention your aggression seems to be at a constant redline.

Maybe you should take up a martial art and burn off some of that excess anger safely in the gym with other consenting adults before you explode at the worst possible moment in general society.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Satan wrote:
Shepardus wrote:You argue so vehemently against "caus[ing] harm to others," yet your post gave me cancer. :(
I hope it's in your ass and you shrivel up into a matchstick and die miserable and alone in a hospice, you dumb weeaboo fuckhat.
isn't there any way to make sure that nobody under the age of fourteen can join? I'm tired of these icy calm wannabees and their inability to not post like retard when somebody points out that they're clueless...
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Jon

Post by Jon »

Satan wrote:It's pretty simple, treat each other with the repect normally reserved for 'god'
Satan wrote: I hope it's in your ass and you shrivel up into a matchstick and die miserable and alone in a hospice, you dumb weeaboo fuckhat.
:lol:
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Well, obviously Satan isn't going to have much respect for God, now is he?
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

People who want to make the world a better place tend to swear off violence. People who don't care if the world is a shitty place won't hesitate to use violence for fun and profit. Guess which group is in charge.

Kwai Chang Caine taught me that violence can be used responsibly.

Dear Satan,
I am horrified by your verbal violence in this thread, and have reported you to the anti-violence police as a candidate for eradication.

P.S.
LOL, just kidding. I didn't really report you.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

For some reason banks have installed concrete pillars right next to ATMs. It's impossible to get close enough to the ATM to press buttons (hahaha, buttons... as if we had those anymore! I mean touch screens) without losing my side mirror.

On the bright side, unlike a human at a window, at least an ATM won't give me grief if I walk up instead of driving up. Although I'm sure this technology is in the works.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

All those BluRays with entirely new alt-language dubs, recorded for the release.

Fuck that shit. Seriously fuck it.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Along those lines:

Not being able to take screenshots of BluRays.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Xyga wrote:All those BluRays with entirely new alt-language dubs, recorded for the release.

Fuck that shit. Seriously fuck it.
Fully agree. Also, not including any alt-language dubs that was originally on the DVD or even VHS!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

The amount of misinformation surrounding the issue of game aspect ratios is staggering. I'm pretty tired of statements like
With emulation and nice rendering technology, we can go beyond the original hardware
From this page. Here's hoping to see someone address the issue without nonsense like "Sonic should be a perfect circle when he jumps".

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.p ... #post14998

Speaking of misinformation, this sort of thing is also getting old:
Hell, the first Legend of Zelda created the idea of a free open world to explore in video games.
From here.

Did you know that we've had NPC schedules in games since the 1980s? It might have been done better in Oblivion (Or Shenmue), but the mechanic is nothing new.

And don't even get me started on people who claim the North American release of Final Fantasy IV was based off of the Easy Type...
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: isn't there any way to make sure that nobody under the age of fourteen can join? I'm tired of these icy calm wannabees and their inability to not post like retard when somebody points out that they're clueless...
Oh God, please. It's unfortunate that no one has been able to come up with a truly foolproof method (though I suspect this just might work...).
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Haha yeah, unfortunately it seems that we'll be well past the period when people will be easily able to say "I'll just check this out on my" (insert obscure shadow mask based TV here) before it actually gets serious attention, as developers are understandably racing to get other accuracy things done. But...man, tuning systems for particular TVs is such a rabbit's hole of incompatbility. I've got a TV set up mostly for PlayStation / PS2, and a monitor for SNES, but I know that overscan setting won't work right for other groups.

But the pox on those fellows who say "you're just being pedantic wankers," etc., etc.

But speaking of cluelessness in games, the whole "mass market = apocalyptic plots to keep morons interested" is so damned stale. I need to stop ranting about Tomb Raider, but for an anti-Victorian, anti-American monopoly of gaming media character, she sure ends up acting a lot like an old style imperialist for whom money means nothing, information is dangerous, and who is only interested in elite plots and the balance of power (the major difference between Lara and her enemies is in army size). And the reason for this is not a flaw in her character, it's the cardboard world she inhabits that's doing it. Lovecraftian influences are one thing, but with the still-undying interest in dry police procedurals, why can't anybody come up with a game plot that would actually not be a complete disgrace to archaeology? It's ironic that the early TR franchise was paralleled by one of the first real successes in reality TV, the archaeology series Time Team, which reminded us that history is one of the few common treasures, while Tomb Raider played off old island cannibal savage stereotypes and The Lost World (though dinosaurs are pretty cool). It could work for a game; I'm sure there's a ripping yarn behind the Iraqi museum thefts, for instance. (It's usually the studios saying something stupid, like "we have no idea how to sell Killing Pablo Escobar" or anything else you can come up with for that matter.)
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

My dad being pissed that I'm demanding him to do things for me. What things? Take me to the DMV so I can get a learner's permit so I don't need them to drive me places, and that I want a job and don't want to go to another summer camp. They want me to go and say I can just tell work that I'll be absent for a couple weeks to go to a camp and NOT get fired (I'm not kidding). Bonus points for my dad saying I need to become more independent AND that I can't get a permit because their insurance rate will increase when they want to spend over $1000 (they said it's that much) for me to go to a place I fucking hate EVEN IF I ALREADY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO DURING THE SUMMER! I'll write more later because I hate typing on my phone.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

atheistgod1999 wrote:My dad being pissed that I'm demanding him to do things for me. What things? Take me to the DMV so I can get a learner's permit so I don't need them to drive me places, and that I want a job and don't want to go to another summer camp. They want me to go and say I can just tell work that I'll be absent for a couple weeks to go to a camp and NOT get fired (I'm not kidding). Bonus points for my dad saying I need to become more independent AND that I can't get a permit because their insurance rate will increase when they want to spend over $1000 (they said it's that much) for me to go to a place I fucking hate EVEN IF I ALREADY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO DURING THE SUMMER! I'll write more later because I hate typing on my phone.
They want you to go to another summer camp so they can have another swingers party at the house while you're gone.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll clean your sheets before you get back!

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Mischief Maker wrote:
atheistgod1999 wrote:My dad being pissed that I'm demanding him to do things for me. What things? Take me to the DMV so I can get a learner's permit so I don't need them to drive me places, and that I want a job and don't want to go to another summer camp. They want me to go and say I can just tell work that I'll be absent for a couple weeks to go to a camp and NOT get fired (I'm not kidding). Bonus points for my dad saying I need to become more independent AND that I can't get a permit because their insurance rate will increase when they want to spend over $1000 (they said it's that much) for me to go to a place I fucking hate EVEN IF I ALREADY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO DURING THE SUMMER! I'll write more later because I hate typing on my phone.
They want you to go to another summer camp so they can have another swingers party at the house while you're gone.

Actually lol'd IRL. :lol:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

There's gonna be a little agnosticdeity2017 on the way :shock:
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

The last thing you want during the night of your father/mother's birthday is to have a bedroom right next to theirs.
nothing is happening, I'm just imagining things, I can't hear them over my music anyways, nothing is happening
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

People who leave to "better" themselves and then come back claiming they want to be in people's lives once again only to randomly just say I couldn't care less and just leave once again. Either stay with the ones you consider your friends, or leave for good.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Having to re-fill every job application with the same info every time.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Having to re-fill every job application with the same info every time.
Bonus: Having to create a unique account for every single employer whose site you use to apply for a job there.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Mischief Maker wrote:

Skykid wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:

Actually lol'd IRL. :lol:
Ed Oscuro wrote:There's gonna be a little agnosticdeity2017 on the way :shock:
Durandal wrote:The last thing you want during the night of your father/mother's birthday is to have a bedroom right next to theirs.
nothing is happening, I'm just imagining things, I can't hear them over my music anyways, nothing is happening
Yeah, that was pretty funny :lol:
boagman

Post by boagman »

BulletMagnet wrote:
atheistgod1999 wrote:Having to re-fill every job application with the same info every time.
Bonus: Having to create a unique account for every single employer whose site you use to apply for a job there.
This is a primary reason for creating a new, throwaway email account.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

A couple months ago, I made a Starbucks account with a long-but-super-easy-to-remember password, but managed to forget my username. I'm not getting any reset username emails despite me typing in my email address and it saying that the email was sent. I can't even find the username my email because the account creation email was automatically put in my spam folder and I was too lazy to take it out, so it's now deleted. I need the account to apply for a job there.

EDIT: Turns out I misread something on the login page. I need to use my email to log in.
boagman wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:
This is a primary reason for creating a new, throwaway email account.
Thanks, I did that.

Also, every major fast-food chains' hiring page on their website saying how great it is to work there. That's not fooling me, and it doesn't have to; I'm just a fucking 16-year-old who can't get anything better than a minimum-wage job.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

This question on an application for a frozen yogurt place:

"If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?"

I hate questions like that.