Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Durandal

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Durandal »

There's no shame in being anal about project management. I just learned that the hard way with this college project, because cutting loose won't cut it.

You very likely want to address the useless incompetent fuck in your group to tell him to get off his ass and actually work on at least the most basic shit (which he still couldn't even accomplish).
You very likely want to assign who exactly does what with deadlines on top so group A knows what to do until group B finishes their task for group A to work on, and so you don't end up having to fill in for others who are trying to do something out of their league.
You very likely want the peripherals done first and have them ready for integration ASAP so all the project-required middleware you wrote doesn't end up getting never used in the first place.
You very likely want to assign someone extra for a task when one of the key members is someone with an absolutely abysmal biorhythm and only ever arrives at post-1pm, with the only way to wake him up earlier is to call his mother directly since he always has his phone on silent.
You very likely want to set aside time for testing before the deadline rather than implementing features at the last day before the deadline.
You very likely want to know which requirements are optional so you can set your priorities straight, rather than only hearing halfway through that the shit you were working on was optional anyways.

You very likely don't want to be only focusing on making your shit works and not blow the whistle when everyone around you is not moving according to plan.

There is no shame in being that hardass who keeps reminding others of the deadlines. Someone's gotta do it.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

1. All and any [insert random demographic most likely based on age] reacts to [whatever] videos

2. Comment fishing social media posts asking about random things no one would care about any other stranger's opinion on ("you are stuck in the last game you played, where are you", "favourite robin williams role", "who would help you in a zombie apocalypse"), etc. - namely the ones that do it in form of a picture always showing a clear cut example of one, as if it's trying to direct you to one specific answer (the new god of war, a shot from good morning vietnam, a picture of superman). What the hell is the point?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Cloying, overly-sympathetic music in documentaries. Makes me want to switch it off regardless of quality otherwise.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Purchasing a piece of software.
Peruses the Privacy Policy first . . . . .
You collect WHAT? You share it with WHOM??

Nope.

Imagine going shopping irl and having to sign a contract that has the shop owner turning you out, for the duration. And to add insult to injury, your cut of the proceeds would be . . . zero.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Watched Metokur's five-part channel awesome massacre. Now YT thinks I want nostalgia critic recommendations. I was going to type something 2_edgy like "not unless it involves Doug emptying that piece directly into the roof of his mouth," but in truth, I just want to forget his syphilitically unfunny gurning boat race.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Woke up this morning, phone probably failed an auto-update while I was sleeping, shit doesn't boot. Thanks, AT&T. Thanks, Samsung.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

null1024 wrote:Woke up this morning, phone probably failed an auto-update while I was sleeping, shit doesn't boot. Thanks, AT&T. Thanks, Samsung.
Man, that sucks hard. The last time my iPhone did some automatic software patching while I slept, I couldn't use my pass code until I had rebooted it. Almost made me late for work.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

When fucking Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC files a case for IP infringement against an item you're trying to sell on ebay, and ebay complies and removes your listing despite your product being officially licensed and totally legit? Why :|
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Seanbaby's bullshit ET meme.

He was fucking seven when it came out. He didn't read the manual and he lost because he sucks at the game.

Complains that he couldn't play it on his seventh birthday. Well, shit, kid. Yesterday, you were fucking six years old! Now, you have a game that requires reading the instructions and gives you multiple ways to play?

If the fucker had gotten Raiders of the Lost Ark for his birthday, he'd be bitchin' that it was the worst game.

If he had an Apple // and got Ultima 3, he'd be complainging about that.

You couldn't play anything but Pac Man because you were fucking six years old yesterday, dude. That's your personal problem!

Don't feed me shit about getting hung with too many manufactured carts, either. Pac Man should have been a colossal failure. Atari managed to hide their failure by packing the leftover carts with new consoles. That piece of shit can die in a fire. My brother got Pac Man for his birthday and he literally threw the cart against the wall after ten minutes of play and announced to all his entire birthday party guests: "This game is a piece of shit!" True story.

On the other hand, we saw ET for five bucks at Albertsons, bought it on a whim, and played it for hours. Then again, we weren't fucking six or seven years old.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Erh, I'm usually quick to jump to the game's defense, it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.

But it's still pretty damn bad, and was a really obvious scapegoat for the ridiculous direction Atari was heading at the time. They just bought a license and thought they could make money from it, that's the most creative thought that went into the production of that game.
It's not the worst game ever made, and the "great video game crash of 1983" was pretty much limited to Atari/USA, people tend to vastly overblow those stories. But I wouldn't try to paint a romantic picture of that turd of a company either.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Not really an annoyance but two different workmates (UK) were wondering what the deal with 4th july is.
Okay not so bad, but then.. They didn't know who murrica declared independence from.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'll be honest, I have no idea what the deal is either.
BIL

Post by BIL »

MURICA (PROUD POC) defeated LITERAL NAZIS aka WHITE PEOPLE. That's all you need to know.

You know, speaking of matters this side of the pond - I think it's about time for an OI M8 / WANKING LOICENSE thread. Not my strong suit at all, but I'm a little worried I'm soon gonna have to ask the nice old lady down the co-op for a license... to watch barely legal German lesbians when I wanna crack one off at the end of a long lonely day! Just kidding! I have that stuff stockpiled! It's quality not quantity, you sick fucks. Image

However you never know when a hailstone will land on your HDD. And I'm fairly dark, enough that I'm constantly pestered to interpret for Cuban passengers when flying home (lo siento muchacho! I only know MURICAN!) - but I'm not quite dark enough to qualify for "sexual emergency" exemption. I don't wanna fuck with getting caught, you know? So depending on how this legislation goes... me and granny are probably gonna have to have an awkward talk. :oops: She's old enough I bet she had relatives die horribly in front of her in the Blitz, like my own granny! Image

I'm gonna do a bit of research for the OP. I'd like to hear from others mostly, being a paper Briton with the luxury of JUMPIN THIS CUCKFEST LIKE BAIL.

edit: I shouldn't call myself a "paper Briton." My family in these isles goes back to Year Fuck. Pops just skipped out for some GHETTO BOOTY and never came home.
Last edited by BIL on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Blinge wrote:Not really an annoyance but two different workmates (UK) were wondering what the deal with 4th july is.
Okay not so bad, but then.. They didn't know who murrica declared independence from.
lol
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
trap15

Post by trap15 »

People complaining about game prices. I get y'all don't understand what goes in, but it's justified 9 times out of 10 that I see complaints.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

BIL wrote: You know, speaking of matters this side of the pond
I remain unable to figure out which side that actually is.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Allow me to clarify that right now, with the song of my people! :o

Please stand for the national anthem of Cuck Island

I got the Cuck Key and then was able to get into Cuck Island, where I died.
^ this guy must've forgotten his wanking loicense.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

BIL

Post by BIL »

...Please tell me the UK government didn't just zap your post away, Baton. :sad: :lol:
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BIL wrote: You know, speaking of matters this side of the pond - I think it's about time for an OI M8 / WANKING LOICENSE thread.
This must happen.

Will you be focusing on basic Human rights stuff, like unfettered access to "Choking-bi-granny-prolapse-threesome", or will it be a broader examination of the Orwellian state of the Nation?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Having thought it over, I think I'm gonna give it a pass bud. :sad: It's too serious a matter for a joker like me to handle, particularly with my not having anything on the line. I'm British by heritage and residence, but more of a detached onlooker in practice. Recipe for a lame thread that possibly explodes a ton of shitposts all over bloodf's carpet. I've no shame admitting my limitations. :mrgreen:

The GG thread (or indeed good ol' reinforced blast incinerator Little Annoyed Hell) is probably a sufficient venue for anything I could contribute on the subject.

Unless we actually end up in a position of needing to ask the nice old granny down the co-op for a fucking license to crack one off in our own homes. I may pipe up a bit then, although I suspect other Cuck Islanders will too. :lol:
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

People that liken small annoyances to cancer and aids. I've been guilty of it myself in the past.
Sumez wrote:1. All and any [insert random demographic most likely based on age] reacts to [whatever] videos
I don't get these at all. Never watched one and no plans to start.
trap15 wrote:People complaining about game prices. I get y'all don't understand what goes in, but it's justified 9 times out of 10 that I see complaints.
As in new games? New game prices haven't went up in a long time. They aren't even keeping up with inflation. Lol.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:...Please tell me the UK government didn't just zap your post away, Baton. :sad: :lol:
:lol:

Could very well had happened!
But nah, after thinking aboot it, I didn't want to start a political discussion in here. there's already a thread for this and I didn't fell comfortable bringing that stuff in here

Hope you enjoyed the post :wink:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Same. :smile:
Hope you enjoyed the post :wink:
Indeed. It's not worth your ass, lads. :lol:

>THE THEME OF EDGYPOSTING UK

Although, I wonder if one day it actually might be. :sad: tbh at that point I'd sooner go full allahu snackbar. Bite the bullet, not the pillow! Image Or more realistically, go home... I still love this place but it's becoming a pseudo-Orwellian shithole. Image
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Whenever the concept of alternatives to eating animal meat comes up, anything from delicious veggie burgers to the somewhat recent news of lab grown meat, and the internet immediately brings out a huge onslaught of defensive meat eaters acting like the concept of eating something that doesn't require them to kill animals somehow threatens their masculinity.

You always hear people complaining about zealous vegans, but honestly meat eaters tend to be much worse, and stuff like that makes me embarassed to be grouped with them. At least the former actually have a well grounded case.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Its an emotional minefield, on both sides.
Unfortunately, what passes for a conversation on such subjects, ends up being little more than rabid proselytising from a certain Vegan element, versus hyper defensive ignorance from a certain element of pro-meat eaters.
Nonconstructive signalling and toxicity from both sides and certainly not a reflection of the majority on either side.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Obviously not, but if you aren't being vocal, no one sees you, and it's hard to be vocal about not caring that much.
Even as a meat eater though, there's no way I can seriously defend the need to slaughter animals for my own luxury comfort with a straight face.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

there is literally nothing wrong with killing animals as long as it's done without harming the environment
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

See, that's definitely one of the biggest issues of meat production. Worth noting that especially soy production is pretty bad in that regard, too (even if it's not really comparable).

You can argue wether slaughtering animals is "wrong", but I can't see why anyone would fault someone from thinking it is.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

how many insects die in the production of each veggie burger though ?? poor insects :(