Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Durandal

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Durandal »

Shepardus wrote:My problem with TLBs is that they have the tendency to leave the non-TLB experience a little "flat," as in lacking a good climactic ending, and you're left out unless you learn to fulfill some arbitrary conditions that typically aren't communicated to the player at all. In Dodonpachi, for example, the stage 6 boss is just like any other stage boss (except harder, of course), and in Ketsui the stage 5 boss has different music but that's about it. At least in DOJ you get to fight a big bee at the end regardless of whether you loop.
I'm okay with TLBs being locked behind a message of 'want to fight true boss? then stop creditfeeding you kusogaijin' like Crimzon Clover did
TLBs hidden in the second loop can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Locking out the final boss (or preferably the final stage) behind a 1CC requirement is fine. It's arbitrary obtuse conditions for otherwise fighting the last boss that piss me off. I fuckin 1CC'd here, let me fucking finish the game ffs.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Yeah a 1CC requirement is fine, if you're credit-feeding the "real game" is over anyway so you're not really missing out on a climax by being denied the final boss - you already gave up on that by continuing. If I had things my way there wouldn't be continues in non-arcade games anyway so everything would essentially have a 1CC requirement. (CC:WI is an arcade port though so it gets a pass from me)
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Satan wrote: I think UFC is a cover for worshipping men with their balls on each other's faces, licking each other's sweat and looking for an excuse to touch each other.
Posts like these, I have to admit, make me mildly annoyed. Look dude, if you've never done any grappling or BJJ and never had anyone skilled trying to pull your arm out of your socket you simply don't know what you're talking about. I mean you don't have to if you're not interested in martial arts, but at least don't strut your ignorance for the whole world to see.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I like the girl fights. :)

McGregor is exciting AF to watch though.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:
Satan wrote: I think UFC is a cover for worshipping men with their balls on each other's faces, licking each other's sweat and looking for an excuse to touch each other.
Posts like these, I have to admit, make me mildly annoyed. Look dude, if you've never done any grappling or BJJ and never had anyone skilled trying to pull your arm out of your socket you simply don't know what you're talking about. I mean you don't have to if you're not interested in martial arts, but at least don't strut your ignorance for the whole world to see.
Fuck off, asshole. We could be beautiful but anti-social cunts like you are holding us back. You're actually an enemy of your own species. You are what is wrong with life on this fucking planet full of unthinking cunts.
I loathe anyone interested in violence towards other humans of any kind, it's disgusting and makes no sense whatsoever. We're supposed to be better than that, remember? Anyone who has a genuine desire to harm other humans should be sent to an island where they can beat each other to death and rid the world of their sickening awfulness. As a species we should be selecting these cunts when they display symptoms of their psycho spectrum mental illness and have the state fucking terminate them. UFC and the fact these cunts are elevated to celebrity status is a shitstain on our humanity, it's a mental illness and it's vile beyond belief.
Last edited by Satan on Sat May 14, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Satan wrote:I loathe anyone interested in violence towards other humans of any kind, it's disgusting and makes no sense whatsoever.
Even in videogame form?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Satan wrote:I loathe anyone interested in violence towards other humans of any kind, it's disgusting and makes no sense whatsoever.
Even in videogame form?
No one gets hurt in a videogame and there is absolutely no evidence that videogames encourage actual violence.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Satan wrote:Anyone who has a genuine desire to harm other humans should be sent to an island where they can beat each other to death and rid the world of their sickening awfulness.
How 'bout an octagon instead?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

No attention. Why are you trying to rationalise something that just can't be rationalised, it's fucking ridiculous. You have to laugh when cunts tell their kids violence is wrong then sit and wank off to two cretins getting on like a pair of egomaniac babies.
Surely the goal of this species should be to improve the quality of our lives and make the world a better place to live in, not fucking degrade ourselves with this shite that panders to the sickos. Surely we should be weeding them out.
Last edited by Satan on Sat May 14, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Old music videos cropped to 16:9.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Mero wrote:Old music videos cropped to 16:9.
Stretching a 4:3 video to 16:9!!!
Mero

Post by Mero »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:
Mero wrote:Old music videos cropped to 16:9.
Stretching a 4:3 video to 16:9!!!
That's another crime against humanity.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Satan wrote:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:
Fuck off, asshole. We could be beautiful but anti-social cunts like you are holding us back. You're actually an enemy of your own species. You are what is wrong with life on this fucking planet full of unthinking cunts.
I loathe anyone interested in violence towards other humans of any kind, it's disgusting and makes no sense whatsoever. We're supposed to be better than that, remember? Anyone who has a genuine desire to harm other humans should be sent to an island where they can beat each other to death and rid the world of their sickening awfulness. As a species we should be selecting these cunts when they display symptoms of their psycho spectrum mental illness and have the state fucking terminate them. UFC and the fact these cunts are elevated to celebrity status is a shitstain on our humanity, it's a mental illness and it's vile beyond belief.
You really think the only reason to do martial arts is to hurt other people? I trained BJJ for a couple years a long time UFC became a major thing. Almost never saw single person intentionally hurt others and if someone acted overly aggressive or were violent on purpose (the psycho type you appear to think is everyone) they were ostracized. People do grapple holds and the opponent taps out if it's successful. If someone actually wants to hurt others then yeah they're a sick fuck. Injuries almost always happen if someone does something stupid/risky though some people take those risks in competitions. Most who train don't go to the hyper competitive level. I guess something like Kendo is a front for wanting to stab people with swords as well.

UFC and MMA can go to violent extremes and apparently that's what people want to watch, I'm not a fan either so fuck off. The degeneration with this stuff is real I agree but that doesn't corrupt martial arts as a whole. It's like saying videogames are the filth of the earth because your only exposure is e-sports League of Legends community or some shit

edit: got annoyed. that original post was funny as hell tbh
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

The funniest part was when Satan argued he wasn't a misanthrope

Quick, what's the difference between sexually intimidating somebody in a social setting and joking impotently about it on an obscure Internet forum?
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

.zip files. It seems like every download is that nowadays.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

What's wrong with zips? It sure beats downloading each file individually or an executable installer. The compression is sometimes useful too.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
null1024

Post by null1024 »

atheistgod1999 wrote:.zip files. It seems like every download is that nowadays.
What's up with them? It's been like that for nearly 30 years. Anything that doesn't just open up in a browser [so, video, PDFs, audio files, etc] is zipped to pack files together and make 'em small.

on a vaguely related note, if there's one format that bothers the shit out of me, it's .sit, at least when they don't actually have Mac-specific files inside
unless you can find an old-ass version of Stuffit for Windows or install a copy of Mac OS in Sheepshaver or whatever [or use a real Mac], you can't open the file
Mac programs at least have a valid reason to be in .sit files -- the entirety of them is stored in the resource fork, if you stored the file in most other formats like a zip or whatever, since those formats are non resource-fork aware, you end up with a 0-byte file packed, since there's no data portion.

With shit like .mov files that have no need to be in a .sit [and fuck, they're probably already compressed, usually cinepak or road pizza encoding], my blood gets a boiling. I know why it was done [namely, it preserves creator/type codes, which are impossible to change without resedit or some not installed by default utility, and I already had my rant on that], but it's still fundamentally retarded.

also, there's nothing quite as stupid as a download for Stuffit Expander stored as a .sit instead of say, .hqx [which your browser might be able to decode/you could at least open it with something other than Stuffit], leading to the chicken-and-egg problem
oh, and Disk Copy .smi images are the worst, especially since the System 7 Tuneup is stored on one [which is most useful on System 7.0, since it fixes the "disappearing files" bug] -- and you need System 7.1 to run the self mounting image, why not just have it just be a self-extractor that doesn't have any dependencies on installing a pseudo-disk driver into memory that requires System 7.1 or more, fuck
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Shepardus wrote:What's wrong with zips?
Having to extract them is fucking annoying.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

What are you using to extract them?
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Martial 'arts' lol You'd think there was some sort of creativity involved. You're just excusing and rationalising your mental illness. You have to ask yourself why you want to cause harm to others and if you argue self defence then you have to ask what is wrong with the people who would like to do harm to you and why aren't we collectively trying to eradicate this destructive behaviour instead of perpetuating it and pandering to people on a psychotic spectrum. It's a sickness in our species that psychotics are admired and elevated to celebrity status and positions of power over the rest of us and most male roles in movies are essentially nutters who kill without conscience and are hailed as heroic role models.
Why do you want to 'grapple' other men like a faggot? An excuse for touchcock? What is the motivation for this laughably ridiculous behaviour? Why is there a desire to try and dominate others? Why can't you just chill the fuck out? They very idea of competition is completely irrational and ego-driven since we're supposed to be one species working together for the betterment of everyone.
Are you a total cunt or what?
And yes you fucking berk, through experience I am a 100% misanthrope simply for the fact that most people are fucking shite who are lost and totally doing it wrong, and not worth a fuck because trying to argue with irrational mongs who've never been taught to reason (by design) is fucking maddening and a waste of my time, and as far as I'm concerned Hitler was too fucking specific and to quote Hicks "an underachiever."
By all means, beat each other death, actually please beat each other to death. Just keep the fuck away from me and the people I love you scabby fucking nuisances. People who rationalise attacking their own species and working against its interests are just fucking insane to the point where we're just better off getting rid of them.
Last edited by Satan on Sun May 15, 2016 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Satan wrote:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:
Can we ban this half-assed troll please? It's not like he would be much of a loss to the board...
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

That's just insanity you negative asshole. What the fuck is wrong with you people? You're fucking lost beyond belief.
I'd ban you from the species if I could you fucking moron, you've got it ass about face. You're no loss at all to your species and your mother should be executed for not aborting you, you fucking oxygen thief.
If someone disagrees with you when you're wrong, they're a "Troll" lol Brilliant point well made - there's a place for you in Israel's Likud party.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Satan wrote:That's just insanity you negative asshole. What the fuck is wrong with you people? You're fucking lost beyond belief.
I'd ban you from the species if I could you fucking moron, you've got it ass about face. You're no loss at all to your species and your mother should be executed for not aborting you, you fucking oxygen thief.
This should be the point where you realize that causing harm to others as a means of making the world a better place, is what drives people to learn self-defence in order to protect themselves from other people who think they are making the world a better place.

You shouldn't be encouraging destructive behavior, but if you do, we will ban you through the same means?
Get out of here, man.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

LOL
As a singular species we should be eradicating those who believe that treating others without humanity is punishable by being treated without humanity as a lesson to the rest. Even a fucking famer understands that removing anti-social animals from the herd rids the herd of this behaviour and as a species we should be striving to do the same for the benefit of us all.
I can't believe that in 2016 someone who believes violence of any kind is wrong... is 'wrong.'
Insanity. Please by all means just fucking kill each other and have done with it. I'll continue to steer well clear of most of you.
Last edited by Satan on Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

You argue so vehemently against "caus[ing] harm to others," yet your post gave me cancer. :(
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Satan wrote:LOL

I can't believe that in 2016 someone who believes violence of any kind is wrong... is 'wrong.'
Insanity. Please by all means just fucking kill each other and have done with it.
you won't be able to stop all humans from punching eachother over nothing without turning the world into a SMT Law-like police state
if that's what you want
Xyga wrote:
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

A state that serves the interests of the majority with a fully transparent democracy where work is not the central focus and encourages creativity and innovation of all kinds and the consumption of psychedelics for the betterment of the species - yes, and if a police state is required to achieve that then yes, and why not, if the police actually serve us and not an elite against us as we have now.
Last edited by Satan on Sun May 15, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Shepardus wrote:You argue so vehemently against "caus[ing] harm to others," yet your post gave me cancer. :(
I hope it's in your ass and you shrivel up into a matchstick and die miserable and alone in a hospice, you dumb weeaboo fuckhat.
You of all people should know better.
Last edited by Satan on Sun May 15, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.