Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Skykid »

If we take Canadian and North American socio political movements at face value, the unfortunate truth is that they're not confined to Twitter and Tumblr at all. It's become student doctrine: a movement of qualified extremism and absolute intolerance that seems to peddle an agenda without concern or consideration for opposing views. Make no mistake, the current new left isn't just making $150k bids on Kickstarter - street level protesting is both very real and very extreme. The absolute disabling of free speech under the pretext of equality is not what left-wing politics is meant to be.

When the left was about representing the working man, demanding fair wages, unionising in an attempt to create fairness, and bidding the rich elite to contribute more toward the living conditions of the working classes, I was much more in favour.

If you don't believe madcap nonsensical ethics has become the new wave, you're only a URL away from YouTube. I assure you it's all there, and it's scary.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Skykid wrote: When the left was about representing the working man, demanding fair wages, unionising in an attempt to create fairness, and bidding the rich elite to contribute more toward the living conditions of the working classes, I was much more in favour.
Still there man, Still the majority. I've seen it in the streets. Believe my personal anecdotal evidence!

Also on free speech: I get your point but think legitimate protest is too often decried as people trying to silence it.
The thing about free speech is you can say what you want, but you must also deal with voices making their opposition known.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Skykid wrote:If we take Canadian and North American socio political movements at face value, the unfortunate truth is that they're not confined to Twitter and Tumblr at all. It's become student doctrine: a movement of qualified extremism and absolute intolerance that seems to peddle an agenda without concern or consideration for opposing views. Make no mistake, the current new left isn't just making $150k bids on Kickstarter - street level protesting is both very real and very extreme. The absolute disabling of free speech under the pretext of equality is not what left-wing politics is meant to be.

When the left was about representing the working man, demanding fair wages, unionising in an attempt to create fairness, and bidding the rich elite to contribute more toward the living conditions of the working classes, I was much more in favour.

If you don't believe madcap nonsensical ethics has become the new wave, you're only a URL away from YouTube. I assure you it's all there, and it's scary.
With all due respect, you're on the opposite side of the planet getting your info secondhand.

If there's anything Trump has taught us, it's that most awful people get the most media attention, regardless of political affiliation.

Not to mention the media has a personal stake in keeping money in politics and not covering those who fight against it. Have you even heard of Democracy Spring?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Blinge wrote:
Skykid wrote: When the left was about representing the working man, demanding fair wages, unionising in an attempt to create fairness, and bidding the rich elite to contribute more toward the living conditions of the working classes, I was much more in favour.
Still there man, Still the majority. I've seen it in the streets. Believe my personal anecdotal evidence!
Fair enough and I'm happy to hear it! As Mischief Maker pointed out:
Mischief Maker wrote:With all due respect, you're on the opposite side of the planet getting your info secondhand.
This is true. It's kind of an interesting exercise actually, only being able to get a picture via online news media, social media, YouTube and threads on shmups about Gamergate and Trump. YouTube in particular is like automated propaganda: watch one thing and it continually gives you content on the same subject.

So perhaps I have a distorted view of the scale of radical left wing fanatics; I thought you were just a few steps away from being placed into toxic masculinity camps for reeducation and detoxification while the police force was being overhauled to include triggering and encroachment on safespaces as offenses.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Skykid wrote:So perhaps I have a distorted view of the scale of radical left wing fanatics; I thought you were just a few steps away from being placed into toxic masculinity camps for reeducation and detoxification while the police force was being overhauled to include triggering and encroachment on safespaces as offenses.
Actually, you don't. I think I should also mention that in 10th grade at my school, everyone writes a speech, reads it out in class, and a few finalists are chosen and we all have to listen to them in the auditorium. Out of the ~5 finalists, 2 of them were girls talking about sexism: one was about how the Scooby-Doo cartoon from 1969 is sexist, and the other was how commercials are sexist (something about how each type of product usually only shows one gender).
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

^Lol well, there you have it!
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Using Kickstarter as a method of funding a hitman to kill Stefan Molyneux is an excellent free market solution to his bullshit on Youtube.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

People who use "oof" either verbally or worse, in writing. Like, "Oof, hangovers are rough".
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Auddy

Post by Auddy »

Not being able to skip cut-scenes in video games.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

I wished 4 people would drown and only one of them drowned.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

emphatic wrote:People who use "oof" either verbally or worse, in writing. Like, "Oof, hangovers are rough".
or just people... who talk... like this...
It makes you look like you have problem with breathing, except it comes off a dozen times more idiotic than intended because you are trying to convey that through writing. Seriously, why would write as if you were actually talking to someone in real life, with slips of the tongue and 'uhhh'-ing included?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Durandal wrote:
emphatic wrote:People who use "oof" either verbally or worse, in writing. Like, "Oof, hangovers are rough".
It makes you look like you have problem with breathing, except it comes off a dozen times more idiotic than intended because you are trying to convey that through writing. Seriously, why would write as if you were actually talking to someone in real life, with slips of the tongue and 'uhhh'-ing included?
Unless it's dialog in a novel or a comic book, it's... annoying.. as.. fuck..
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Rob

Post by Rob »

"overpopulation is a myth"

I can tell you, living in a state with roughly a person per square mile, that overpopulation is not a myth. Wolverines know what is up:
Wolverines are solitary creatures, and need great swaths of territory to roam. Males mark their territory with their scent and only share their turf with females. Their territories can range from 40 miles (65 km) to more than 372 miles (600 km).
omenaa

Post by omenaa »

Sony removing features from their products via firmware update Part 1452341: Today I updated my Xperia Z3 Tablet to Android 6 and now it's no longer compatible with DualShock 3. Before Android 6 it supported both DualShock 3&4 but now you can only connect DualShock 4 to it. It's not like it's a bug; they removed the option from the settings. Sony seem to become really desperate at selling PS4s and accessories to everyone. Can wait for that next firmware update to kill both Vita and PS3.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Auddy wrote:Not being able to skip cut-scenes in video games.
Especially when it's something like New Super Mario Bros Wii, where the cutscenes aren't even telling much of a story or anything.
Durandal wrote:
Not sure what's more annoying, the folks on YT/news article comments sections being like "only the sociopaths control our society.......... maybe someday we humans as a species......... will learn love for each other......... something's coming very soon.........", Or Those Really Weird People Who Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. I'm leaning towards the latter because, unlike the pretentious ellipses, I can't fathom a single god-damned reason anyone would do that.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:Or Those Really Weird People Who Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. I'm leaning towards the latter because, unlike the pretentious ellipses, I can't fathom a single god-damned reason anyone would do that.
These people are undeserving of life, yet death is too merciful. :lol:
Seriously, why would anyone ever do this?

My dad does the ellipses. I don't know why.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

I've always wondered when it comes to these people, that if you asked them to write on paper instead, would it still be littered with ellipses, spelling errors, and generally weird grammar? Like, do they just find typing weird and unnatural, or have they seriously dumped everything they learned in school? (assuming they'd learned anything to begin with)

tbh I write so infrequently nowadays that it tends to be a disaster whenever I do.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

null1024 wrote:
mamboFoxtrot wrote:Or Those Really Weird People Who Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. I'm leaning towards the latter because, unlike the pretentious ellipses, I can't fathom a single god-damned reason anyone would do that.
These people are undeserving of life, yet death is too merciful.
^
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

sore throat, possibly tonsillitis.

ingrown toenail. :|
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

null1024 wrote:
These people are undeserving of life, yet death is too merciful.
Agreed.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

This Feature Isn't Supported Because Paying Customers Don't Need It trolls
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

Facebook trending: Popular game name.... level recreated in UE4 by some cunt.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

No_not_like_Quake wrote:Facebook trending: Popular game name.... level recreated in UE4 by some cunt.
Social media in general.
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

atheistgod1999 wrote:
No_not_like_Quake wrote:Facebook trending: Popular game name.... level recreated in UE4 by some cunt.
Social media in general.
No doubt. It's all assfuckery. Only reason I remain engaged in that is my friends have seemed to forgotten how to make simple phone calls for plans.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

It's trying to tailor 'trending' to your interests. Also this is better than most other shit you see in trending, I'd rather get all stuff like this instead of celebrity notifications. Or which UK politician is being called anti-semitic this week.

In fact, what annoys me is how criticising the policies of the state of Israel is considered racist towards the Jewish people.
By that definition an Israeli who criticizes his own government must also be anti-semitic. :roll:

Damn, it shouldn't be this hard to find what was actually said in the most recent drama, either.
Turns out there is some weight to this story.
Spoiler
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

People who feel the need to narrate and/or commentate whenever a movie or TV show is on; I watch little of either, but whenever I do it seems my dad or aunt is nearby to regularly interject with "ohhh, he's her husband" or "that's because of what happened at the school", or something like that, as if they're not sure I was watching closely enough to catch it. They're like the stereotypical little kid who shouts "don't go in there!" at characters on the movie screen, only more subtly condescending and with infinitely fewer excuses for their behavior.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

BulletMagnet wrote:People who feel the need to narrate and/or commentate whenever a movie or TV show is on; I watch little of either, but whenever I do it seems my dad or aunt is nearby to regularly interject with "ohhh, he's her husband" or "that's because of what happened at the school", or something like that, as if they're not sure I was watching closely enough to catch it. They're like the stereotypical little kid who shouts "don't go in there!" at characters on the movie screen, only more subtly condescending and with infinitely fewer excuses for their behavior.
I hate when that happens. And then there are those who are even worse. When they do that and then say, but you like watching stuff with the commentaries! Yea, from those who made the darn thing, not people who have nothing to do with it other than watching it!
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

BulletMagnet wrote:People who feel the need to narrate and/or commentate whenever a movie or TV show is on; I watch little of either, but whenever I do it seems my dad or aunt is nearby to regularly interject with "ohhh, he's her husband" or "that's because of what happened at the school", or something like that, as if they're not sure I was watching closely enough to catch it. They're like the stereotypical little kid who shouts "don't go in there!" at characters on the movie screen, only more subtly condescending and with infinitely fewer excuses for their behavior.
ha, yeah, I can relate. Don't give me the spoilers or trivia pls, I'm watching it right now :lol:
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1H1rZL53I

^ Almost everyone at school (including staff) is like that, minus the literal tantrum-throwing.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEuYKyLy-xg

When a man can be put in jail without evidence, simply through the conspiracy of feminazi cunts, and be dragged to jail again after posting bail. And when there seems to be proof it was all a setup against a perfectly innocent man.

https://www.fundedjustice.com/en/projec ... Tyler-Kost
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.