Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
njiska

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by njiska »

jonny5 wrote:
njiska wrote:
emphatic wrote:
You guys forget that having a dick makes us rapists as well. :(
Yes and apparently it's wrong to point out that dressing like a slut makes you more attractive to a person looking to rape somebody because that would challenge a woman's right to sexually express herself. Gives me a headache trying to wrap around the logic of that.
I am aware of the situation you are referring to( see here), but when it's a police officer doing a seminar, telling women " Don't dress like sluts if you don't want to get raped", it is not acceptable.
While I question the cop's choice of words and the avenue in which they were communicated, the statement isn't entirely without merit. The problem I take is more with the equally pigheaded female reaction of "We can dress how we want and if you try to tell us otherwise, even if there's a logical fucking reason, you're just a sexist pig".
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

I really doubt seeing a woman in a sexy outfit is likely to transform the average dude into a rapist.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
njiska

Post by njiska »

Mortificator wrote:I really doubt seeing a woman in a sexy outfit is likely to transform the average dude into a rapist.
The argument as I see it less, "Dressing slutty turns guys into rapists like a moon to a werewolf", and more, "If a person is already looking to rape someone they would be more inclined to go for the drunk girl in a short, easily accessible skirt with heels she can't run in, than a school marm." Which there is some statistical merit too. There's also the issue of rape drugs and who a guy is more likely to make his target.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

njiska wrote:
Mortificator wrote:I really doubt seeing a woman in a sexy outfit is likely to transform the average dude into a rapist.
The argument as I see it less, "Dressing slutty turns guys into rapists like a moon to a werewolf", and more, "If a person is already looking to rape someone they would be more inclined to go for the drunk girl in a short, easily accessible skirt with heels she can't run in, than a school marm." Which there is some statistical merit too. There's also the issue of rape drugs and who a guy is more likely to make his target.
It's mostly about clothes that attract attention. If a plain clothes girl and girl in a hooker getup goes into a supermarket, which one will get the most attention from the other females in there? It's only natural for guys, as we check out any piece of tail that walks by, hey, even we even check out a dude's ass if we can't tell right away it's a dude. :lol: You don't see animals in the wild rubbing themselves in blood to attract the predators, do ya?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

njiska wrote: The argument as I see it less, "Dressing slutty turns guys into rapists like a moon to a werewolf", and more, "If a person is already looking to rape someone they would be more inclined to go for the drunk girl in a short, easily accessible skirt with heels she can't run in, than a school marm." Which there is some statistical merit too. There's also the issue of rape drugs and who a guy is more likely to make his target.
Where are these statistics?
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
chempop

Post by chempop »

Of course excessive ''cleanness'' is not good. On a positive note many hand sanitizers are based on regular alcohol ( ethanol ), so its not much worse than rubbing your hand with vodka. What is nasty though is all those anti-bacterial soap and items that use antibiotic-like chemicals.
Triclosan is the best example: commonly found in soaps and toothpaste (colgate total) but also in some clothes and even toys. This product should be avoided. Unlike alcohol it acts a bit like an antibiotic and can affect natural micro-flora diversity and balance. It is know to accumulate and persist in tissues, it contaminates the environment and the photo-degradation of triclosan is know to produce a variety of dioxin byproducts, some of which are know carcinogen.
Great, so my 1st graders are washing their hands with alcohol... No wonder they love lathering up in it and sniffing it until they are dizzy! The only good use I've seen for that disgusting hand sanitizer was when one of my students showed me how she makes teachers freak out - by drawing with a red marker on some tissues and adding some sanitizer to make "bloody rags" :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

When you get a melody stuck in your head, but it isn't nearly long enough for you to remember what song it came from. Especially frustrating when it's an instrumental because no-one will be able help you find it.
Evilmaxwar

Post by Evilmaxwar »

chempop wrote:
Of course excessive ''cleanness'' is not good. On a positive note many hand sanitizers are based on regular alcohol ( ethanol ), so its not much worse than rubbing your hand with vodka. What is nasty though is all those anti-bacterial soap and items that use antibiotic-like chemicals.
Triclosan is the best example: commonly found in soaps and toothpaste (colgate total) but also in some clothes and even toys. This product should be avoided. Unlike alcohol it acts a bit like an antibiotic and can affect natural micro-flora diversity and balance. It is know to accumulate and persist in tissues, it contaminates the environment and the photo-degradation of triclosan is know to produce a variety of dioxin byproducts, some of which are know carcinogen.
Great, so my 1st graders are washing their hands with alcohol... No wonder they love lathering up in it and sniffing it until they are dizzy! The only good use I've seen for that disgusting hand sanitizer was when one of my students showed me how she makes teachers freak out - by drawing with a red marker on some tissues and adding some sanitizer to make "bloody rags" :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hahaha, looks like a fun kid :D I use alcohol regularly to clean off marker ink, im amazed by the fact that so many people actually do not know it can do that. Your student is on the right track.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

turning on the radio and hearing only the last 30 seconds of a song that I like.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

njiska wrote:
The argument as I see it less, "Dressing slutty turns guys into rapists like a moon to a werewolf", and more, "If a person is already looking to rape someone they would be more inclined to go for the drunk girl in a short, easily accessible skirt with heels she can't run in, than a school marm."
This guy disagrees :?

Don't assume that the mind of a rapist, a deviant, disturbed person, holds the same ideals of 'sexy' or 'attractive' as the common man, or has simple sexual gratification as a motivating factor for their actions.
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

Don't assume that the mind of a rapist, a deviant, disturbed person, holds the same ideals of 'sexy' or 'attractive' as the common man, or has simple sexual gratification as a motivating factor for their actions.
What other reasons would motivate a rapist to rape? Power and control? The pleasure he gets from seeing a woman completely helpless, begging for her life while he fucks her? The unique and alluring perversity of the act (fetishism)? I definitely believe that some rapists rape for sexual gratification and the thrill of the hunt. I wouldn't even be surprised if some do it because they get off on destroying other people's lives (sadism).

That man in the news story you posted sounds like he had a fetish for old, vulnerable women (or was desperate for sex), and the healthcare field was the best place for him to fulfill this desire-- much like the Catholic church (supposedly) is a heaven for priests to molest alter boys... but that is just a rumor. I don't know if it's true.
"Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die. Trapped in a moe~ existence"
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I hate it when I`m vacuuming and the hose catches a plastic bag or a piece of cloth.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

I think some of you guys might be taking issue with the wrong group, there. The problem isn't so much how we frame the arguments, but more that "she was dressed like a slut" is still used by loathsome, misogynist cunts as a way of justifying instances of rape, or of justifying throwing their hands up and not engaging with the issue seriously. The idea that it's ever partly the victim's fault, or that women should go through life constantly weighing up how likely they are to attract rapists, shouldn't be entertained.

Of course, I'm probably a bit of an outlier on this one - I've always thought changing anything about yourself so that some knuckledragging deadheads won't hurt you means they've won from the get-go, because then they're actually influencing daily life in a significant way. Changing your attire because you think there's a high chance you'll be surrounded by malicious picowits with no self-control might be quite sensible, but you should never lose sight of the fact that the onus should be on them (i.e. rapists and their sympathisers) to change. Or to fuck off and die. I'm easy.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Walking bare foot and catching your little toe on the door. :shock:

Bosses that say you can claim true miles expenses if you live closer to the place of destination, but then say "you can only claim from your place of work" if your home is further away.

People that do shopping in petrol stations holding up everyone who wants to use the pump.

The sound of clipped nails (shudders)
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:turning on the radio and hearing only the last 30 seconds of a song that I like.
Radio in general. Don't know if it's a specific problem of our local stations or it's like that everywhere, but they seem to have only like 5-6 hours of (bad) music they loop over and over, and every station has the same exact playlist. And the commercials take up like 30-40% of time. I have no idea how can anyone willingly listen to this shit.
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Not having a 'mark all' button to delete a selected page of messages from your shmups inbox. :?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Skykid wrote:Not having a 'mark all' button to delete a selected page of messages from your shmups inbox. :?
+1
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

emphatic wrote:
Skykid wrote:Not having a 'mark all' button to delete a selected page of messages from your shmups inbox. :?
+1
Totally +1! :lol:
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

jonny5 wrote:
emphatic wrote:
+1
Totally +1! :lol:

You mean like that there in the lower right corner?

It's the same thing with the forum search engine, people whine about it but they don't actually know how to use it properly.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Seriously, has that always been there?

:oops: :lol:

At least I'm not the only one to have missed it. :lol:
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

worstplayer wrote:
burgerkingdiamond wrote:turning on the radio and hearing only the last 30 seconds of a song that I like.
Radio in general. Don't know if it's a specific problem of our local stations or it's like that everywhere, but they seem to have only like 5-6 hours of (bad) music they loop over and over, and every station has the same exact playlist. And the commercials take up like 30-40% of time. I have no idea how can anyone willingly listen to this shit.
Commerical radio. Only 5% of stations aren't commercial. Here in NJ. In the 90s I hated z-100 and all the poppy/house stations. I found 89.5, which is heavy metal/hard rock all the time. And its a college station so there are no playlists. Only the DJ and the listener choose what they want.

I can't stand the same 6 popular songs every hour being played.
burgerkingdiamond

but can you use it to mark mulitple messages and delete them at once? when my mailbox get's full I have to open each message individually and delete one at a time.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
burgerkingdiamond

TodayIsForgotten wrote:
worstplayer wrote:
Commerical radio. Only 5% of stations aren't commercial. Here in NJ. In the 90s I hated z-100 and all the poppy/house stations. I found 89.5, which is heavy metal/hard rock all the time. And its a college station so there are no playlists. Only the DJ and the listener choose what they want.

I can't stand the same 6 popular songs every hour being played.
I hate the radio too. I only turn it on if I don't feel like switching out whatever CD I'm listening to. That's what makes it so annoying to hear something I actually like, but it's almost over.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:Image

but can you use it to mark mulitple messages and delete them at once? when my mailbox get's full I have to open each message individually and delete one at a time.
Yes, selecting all the messages in a page is the sole function of the "Mark all" -button. I highlighted the relevant part a bit more.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
burgerkingdiamond

Ghegs wrote:
burgerkingdiamond wrote:Image

Yes, selecting all the messages in a page is the sole function of the "Mark all" -button. I highlighted the relevant part a bit more.
I guess that deserved some sarcasm, but I've tried it before and I don't remember there being an option to delete marked, only mark all important/unimportant and I didn't see what the point of marking a message important/unimportant was.

But of course I just went to my messages and discovered the delete all marked option. So who the fuck knows why I didn't realize before.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

jonny5 wrote:Seriously, has that always been there?

:oops: :lol:

At least I'm not the only one to have missed it. :lol:
BWAH WAT?! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

(I dunno how I've been missing that all these years. :lol: )
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

I only found it becuase I went looking for it. I may of PM'd a mod about it saying they should have one. A similar picture was sent to me :oops:
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

emphatic wrote:
njiska wrote:
It's mostly about clothes that attract attention. If a plain clothes girl and girl in a hooker getup goes into a supermarket, which one will get the most attention from the other females in there? It's only natural for guys, as we check out any piece of tail that walks by, hey, even we even check out a dude's ass if we can't tell right away it's a dude. :lol: You don't see animals in the wild rubbing themselves in blood to attract the predators, do ya?
I agree, many men automatically assume that if a girl is dressed like a slut then she is a slut and wont say no. While the blame is mostly on the rapist some blame should rest on the women who is visually provoking and at times provoking in other ways. We all know its common for a women to lead men on just for free beer. I know of a good looking women who regulary goes out for the night with just £5 or £10 in her purse and when she gets home at night will have much more money then she started, all by leading men on getting them to spend money on her.

Lets put it another way if I (or a better looking man) walked into a bar filled with women wearing just a thong Ild expect my arse to be slapped many times, same as you wouldnt walk around at night in a high crime area with a wod of money on display.

Im not saying that women shouldnt dress like sluts if that what they enjoy (as it makes good eye candy) aslong as they know there could be consequences.
Last edited by TrevHead (TVR) on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drauch

Post by drauch »

People that use the word 'literally' all the time, especially when there is no reason to do so. Also, people who use hand motions to get you to come over to them when at work (that you don't know.)
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

drauch wrote:People that use the word 'literally' all the time, especially when there is no reason to do so.
Reading this made me literally die laughing.

:mrgreen: