Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Sumez

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Sumez »

Looks like it worked here, too. I'm not surprised :3
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Most meat doesn't even taste good.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Sumez wrote:Looks like it worked here, too. I'm not surprised :3
i'm actually a veggie . i just like mass murdering insects and hate judgemental veggies and vegans.. let people eat what they want to eat.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I wonder if there are vegans who hunt for sport
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

probably some that hunt humans
InspiringMike

Post by InspiringMike »

"probably some that hunt humans"
Another reason to fear vegans, I guess.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

charlie chong wrote:probably some that hunt humans
That would be our youtube shooter Nasin Sabz
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Whoever is in charge of scheduling at Wimbledon should be shot for putting this boring match on before nadal vs Djokovic. It was obvious this would go on for a stupidly long time.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sheeeit! Is that today? Now that the WC panto is done I'm gonna tune in. Ta for heads up, sorry for annoyance!
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

It might not happen till tomorrow now. Who knows when this insane serve off will end!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Hmm, annoying indeed. Glad it's finally on, but Djokovic and Nadal are on a strict curfew now.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Aww YE, that goofy-ass OUR GIRL show got shitcanned to Tuesday to make way for MANLY SPORTING CONTEST. Image Go! Oddly-named foreign men! Go out and UNGGHHH/HWAAA to the extreme!
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Japanese indie game trailers.

It's always 75% character artwork, 10% cutscene snippets, then maybe 15% actual gameplay at the end.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Bonus points for when the in-game footage is subject to so much zooming / pan-and-scan / rapid cuts to other footage / other effects etc; that you don't actually get any feel for what the game is like :evil:
Though that one is definitely not unique to JP trailers :|

I really don't like a lot of how games are advertised lol
Steamflogger Boss

edit
BIL

Post by BIL »

YOU POSTED SOMETHING RUDE DIDN'T YOU (・`W´・)
Can you not delete your posts? Little "X" icon in bottom-right. >_>
It's gone now, because I've posted this! ;3
It's useful when you post something in the wrong thread, like I just did putting this in "It Made Me Smile" !
More a fit for Little Annoyed Hell, the blast-hardened garbage incinerator. Image

James Gunn got shitcanned from Disney...

Because of hilarious rude tweets! :(
Spoiler
Well no, the little boy stuff is pretty vile, I'd agree, and it wouldn't terribly surprise me to learn Hollywood was harbouring a nonce. But I'm European. Here a man can brutally rape a ten year-old boy and receive favourable treatment because he was experiencing a "sexual emergency." That doesn't make me laugh, it makes me think of putting one in the back of a captive skull. You gotta laugh sometimes. Image

Apparent fixation on child sex aside... why the fuck would you post that stuff under your own name? And leave it up?! NO SHIT DISNEY IS GONNA CURBSTOMP YOU IF THEY SEE IT. Brianna Wu is smarter than that!

Did he want them to see? Or did Hollywood give him a false sense of security? Hmm. >_>
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

BIL

Post by BIL »

IKR! Every damn time! :O

Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Was originally going to post a clip of Gilbert Gottfried, doing "The Aristocrats", in response but would the farms spoiler tags be strong enough? :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebanS7YL6V4
BIL wrote:Did he want them to see? Or did Hollywood give him a false sense of security? Hmm. >_>
My guess would be that they knew. When the broader public knew too, they had to let him go.

Those posts, combined with the fact that he was a virtue signaller, is what would give me pause.

Still, its only words. From what I've read, I probably wouldn't agree with his politics but public indignation can go fuck itself.
Steamflogger Boss

BIL wrote:IKR! Every damn time! :O

The lack of self awareness from Price here is amazing.

Edit: Just noticed the tweet was from before the current drama. But still funny and she probably would stand by it. Oh and by all means is it the correct stance, but she seems to think it shouldn't apply to her.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

BIL wrote: James Gunn got shitcanned from Disney...

Because of hilarious rude tweets! :(
Spoiler
Fucking wew, man. I'm actually just deeply concerned.
deeply concerned that someone was stupid enough to post shit like that with an actual name attached
Some of them seem like ordinary, stupid shitposting... but some of them just seem fucking nasty. Like, fuck.

One one hand, I'm not too fond of seeing dumb shit said ten years ago dug up against people... but on the other hand, what you say does matter, and if it doesn't now, it might later.

man, I was going to make a joke and it turned serious as I typed it:
imagine an employer googling your user name you've been using since you were 12 and coming across some flame post you wrote in your teens calling some idiot all kinds of spiteful shit, and you were rejected for it
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Plugging in your 360 for the first time in a couple of months, only to find that, despite having worked with no problems previously, it suddenly no longer reads discs.
JBC

Post by JBC »

H'aanit's Old English dialogue in the Octopath Traveller demo, even though it's supposedly accurate, still doesn't belong there because it's said not to be in the Japanese release. Not likely the developer's intention, & seemingly solely the work of the localization team. She was the first character I chose & I found it quite annoying. I'm trying not to let it give me a bad impression but I can't help feeling like it sucked the cool factor away. Between that & the very title of the game itself bothering me I'm gonna have to pass.

I did speed my way through the 3 hour demo by skipping any dialogue & found it to be pretty good in all other respects. Hate to let a little thing like that ruin it for me but I have trouble investing in the mostly generic stories of fantasy RPGs as it is. I'm not even into the lore of Souls & that's my favorite modern series, even though what's there is pretty good by comparison to all the amnesiac princes & effeminate elven lads of the world.

*shrug*
Godzilla was an inside job
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

The person digging up James Gunn's deleted tweets to get him fired from Disney is Alt-Right troll Mike Cernovich.

Cernovich is a failed army soldier, failed lawyer, failed pickup artist, and failed husband living off his successful attorney ex-wife's alimony who found his niche as a pizzagate conspiracy theorist. Yet he still failed at InfoWars but we'll get to that later...

He now tries to get people fired by digging up old tweets or sometimes makes them up entirely. He's the one who got Sam Seder fired from MSNBC for a week until cooler heads prevailed. He's also come under investigation for making false allegations against Chuck Schumer.

Here are some of Cernovich's own deleted tweets. Did I mention he was arrested for sexual assault and plead it down to a misdemeanor battery?

And yet, he's fucking hilarious to watch. He's such an awkward weirdo that even Alex Jones couldn't have him on his show a second time. (This is the video that made him go after Sam Seder, btw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f1zrJUa5-s

The Gunn tweets were deleted years ago and Disney is fucking up just as badly as MSNBC did when they took Cernovich's bait and fired Seder. Hopefully they come to their senses too, because Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the only quality film to come out of the MCU.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ah, Mike Thernovich. No more fitting soldier of reprisal as this neopuritanical shitfest (hopefully) descends into tit-for-tat bloodletting. Good luck shaming that character, never mind firing him.
Mischief Maker wrote:Disney is fucking up just as badly as MSNBC did when they took Cernovich's bait and fired Seder. Hopefully they come to their senses too, because Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the only quality film to come out of the MCU.
I almost hope they walk it back, just for the potential self-inflicted damage to their brand as they promptly step on that landmine of a firing statement re: Gunn. I want nightmarish mutually unsustainable carnage on all sides.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Xyga

Post by Xyga »

this weather...

Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

It's been 28c in my room all summer. With the door open. Goes up to 30c with it closed. I'm currently enjoying a rare morning where it's not a billion degrees out already and it's only 25c at the moment, although I'm sure that'll change by mid-day lol.

Of course, outside it's been "feels like 35c-40c" for months .. lol
Last edited by Udderdude on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

@Xyga : Europe is burning too? Here we're having the hottest summer ever recorded. Farmers are having a hard time growing grass to feed the cattle. catastrophic summer for them

my body has a really hard time tolerating heat, harder than for most, so this is a pure nightmare for me
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

35°C here, but living in the southern half of Europe/France it's not unsual this time of the year (last year was much worse with similar temperatures but for like 4 months straight with barely any rainfall), worst I've experienced was 43°C some years ago, even up to southern Germany you can have days flirting with 40°C the hottest summers.

What's unusual are news reports of what's happening further north in the UK, Canada, Scandinavia...indeed :shock:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"