Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
emphatic

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by emphatic »

Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Marc

Post by Marc »

A bit of an odd one.

Picked up a 4k UHD TV for my consoles. Set them all up, absolutely fine, no issues.
Over the last few weeks, the Xbox One X has intermittently dropped signal, just flickering on and off. This weekend, is refused to display a picture at all. Had to do the safe restart, and after that, although it detected my TV as 4k/UHD, it dropped the picture every time I tried to force it to display, and came back on as soon as it reset to 1080. Switched it on last night, and it simply tells me the TV isn't 4k compatible. I've had no issues with the PS Pro at all, so I switched the Xbox to the same HDMI port with the same cable, still no-go. As I say, it's definitely an issue with the console, as soon as the PS boots the TV displays the correct resolution straight away, so I'm A) clueless, and B) fuming.

I mean, I think the only 4k game I have on it is Forza Horizons 4, which is infinitely preferable in performance mode anyway, but that's not the point dammit!
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
KayBur

Post by KayBur »

I am wildly annoyed by human stupidity. This is just some kind of trash when they try to impose on me some kind of absolute obvious stupidity. I do not mind, you can believe in anything, but when it is imposed on others, it's a nightmare.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

When the drug dealers who live across the street get into arguments and scream at each other. I think with voices like that, they could have easily been stage actors or opera singers.

Anyway, it's been rather awful since WFH because they have super public arguments about territory and money where they scream and scream about shit.

I guess it's been awhile since the last person got carried out of there on a stretcher, and the SWAT teams haven't been around in awhile either, so I should count my blessings.

Also, we have this ever-present "Eye in the Sky" helicopter program that seems to entirely fail in imparting the Orwellian dread it intends. It certainly heightens the feeling of living in a war zone.

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/depar ... tion1.html

But damn they are loud. All day and all night, search lights on.

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

vol.2 wrote:I think with voices like that, they could have easily been stage actors or opera singers.
I'd love to hear their rendition of Methun Dorma.
BIL

Post by BIL »

More gender reveal fun! This time, two people die horribly. Now that is population control!

EDIT: Also, this poor bastard, who caught shrapnel. It happened so close to the previous incident, I didn't even register it as a separate event! There's also the time we killed grandma, took shrap to the dome at 14m.

You know in Raiden II, when you blow up a tank, and pieces of it go rocketing thousands of feet in all directions, beyond the visible blast wave? That's how shrapnel works! Tiny bits of sharp metal flying like bullets. It'll turn your soft bleeding flesh to dog shit :shock: I think Western society has forgotten this!
Last edited by BIL on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

If only I had kept my gender secret all these years... :| I could reveal it now in the most catastrophic way possible.
emphatic wrote:It seems that Firefox has removed the backspace button for BACK. What were they thinking?!?
They don't even yet users opt out of auto-updating anymore, it has to be disabled at the organizational level, which doesn't show much confidence that any actual human being would go along willingly.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Here we go again with this shit. https://kotaku.com/someone-spent-660-00 ... 1846607442 https://www.polygon.com/22364101/super- ... rld-record

$660,000 for an ultra-rare sealed copy of one of the most common games on the goddamn planet (Almost 60 million copies sold!). Super Fucking Mario Bros.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

vol.2 wrote:When the drug dealers who live across the street get into arguments and scream at each other. I think with voices like that, they could have easily been stage actors or opera singers.

Anyway, it's been rather awful since WFH because they have super public arguments about territory and money where they scream and scream about shit.

I guess it's been awhile since the last person got carried out of there on a stretcher, and the SWAT teams haven't been around in awhile either, so I should count my blessings.

Also, we have this ever-present "Eye in the Sky" helicopter program that seems to entirely fail in imparting the Orwellian dread it intends. It certainly heightens the feeling of living in a war zone.

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/depar ... tion1.html

But damn they are loud. All day and all night, search lights on.
Ha! just on Tuesday I met someone who moved to rural PA from Baltimore. I said "What? Did you get sick of the helicopters?"
He sighed with exasperation. "Yeah, haha. Well, pretty much just sick of everything Baltimore."

Back in 1998~99 I lived in Mt Vernon on Park Ave near the Drinkery.
There was a guy in the groundflooor apartment who would fight and beat and fuck his woman (and some others) all day long. His name was Teddy, we knew it well. We were on the 3rd or 4th floor iirc, You could hear them screaming, throwing stuff and/or fucking when you went to work in the morning, when you came home from work in the afternoon, while you were eating dinner, when you came home from the bar - any and every time of the day. It was amazing.

There was a dealer who held down the corner across the street - he'd also be there in the morning when you went to work, in the afternoon when you got home, when you went out to the bar and when you got home from the bar. He and his boys knew when anyone was home or wasn't - all our apartments got broken into at some point or another. We had those bars on the windows and heavy metal plates around the doorframe, and they'd still crowbar their way in ...in broad daylight.

Oh yeah the helicopters!
Fucking helicopter hovering around all night long, occasionally we'd get the spotlight sweeping across our windows.
Word was when one crashed downtown people on the street cheered.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

The OSSC Pro thread today. WTF?
We apologise for the inconvenience
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Youtubers who mumble or don't speak loud enough to be heard clearly even at max volume. ENUNCIATE, MOTHERFUCKER! :evil:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Specineff wrote:Youtubers who mumble or don't speak loud enough to be heard clearly even at max volume. ENUNCIATE, MOTHERFUCKER! :evil:
It's a TOS violation if you don't stream a videogame using one of these three voices:

1. Breathy Nasally Lisp

2. Morning Zoo Wacky Radio Voice

3. Nigh-Unintelligible Scottish Brogue
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Specineff wrote:Youtubers who mumble or don't speak loud enough to be heard clearly even at max volume. ENUNCIATE, MOTHERFUCKER! :evil:
Pair that with intercut Youtube music library snippets at full blast for maximum enjoyment.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Yeah, whether you're streaming live or recording you should check audio levels first and do a mic check or you'll end up with people telling you you're too quiet. Or that you're at least speaking clearly! A quick recording test to see how you sound on mic does wonders. If you swap what games you play mid-stream the audio in each game can vary a lot too so you really need to have your audio meter visible to make sure your voice is registering in louder than the game, especially if it's a noisy game with explosions, etc...
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I hate it when I click on a link with an interesting title and website has no text. All I get is a link to a YouTube channel or podcast. I don't have time to watch or listen to your show! Just write down what you want to share.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

orange808 wrote:The OSSC Pro thread today. WTF?
Lol wow.
At first I was like yeah you really can't fault someone for not wanting to rely on massively underpaid labor with criminal working conditio.... oh wait, that's not what's going on here is it. :roll:
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Sumez wrote:
orange808 wrote:The OSSC Pro thread today. WTF?
Lol wow.
At first I was like yeah you really can't fault someone for not wanting to rely on massively underpaid labor with criminal working conditio.... oh wait, that's not what's going on here is it. :roll:
That's happening all around, but the 'Merica First thing made me smile. The OSSC Pro IP is an product of Iceland! :-) If you read the thread, there is an open source DIY design planned. That will allow you to assemble your own unit in country, but that's imperfect because the components will still be products of cheap labor. It's unavoidable.

Technically, if you want an all-American device, you can't build an OSSC Pro. That IP is "manufactured" in Iceland (that's where marq's brain is) and marqs isn't getting paid a fair wage for the work. From design to manufacturing, nobody is making money.

If you're concerned about global inequality, almost everything that people do contributes. In many cases, there are few or no alternatives. I didn't get the impression the temper tantrum in that thread is really about global inequality, though. It's rooted in globalism and trade grievances. That's a valid complaint, but it's bollocks to go trolling and politicking marqs. Marqs is very resourceful, but he doesn't rule the planet. There's only so much he can do, here.

That discussion in that thread is off topic trolling and shit posting.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

This same thing happens over and over again (the hardware forum gets messy and there are viscous personal attacks).

If you haven't yet, go back and read the first couple pages of the RT5x thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67984

Like, really, the Tech threads should just be tech threads. The ideal is to keep an archive of usable information for people to search with those parts of the forum.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Guys, talk to the moderators about that shit. Don't spread it to other threads.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Udderdude wrote:Guys, talk to the moderators about that shit. Don't spread it to other threads.
rats.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

When you're right, you're right.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Did you know? Now anything vaguely sci-fi is referred to as 'Cyberpunk' :lol:

internet gonna internet.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

About to lose a dear friend to covid and just thinking about the anti-mask and anti-vax crowd...
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'm not sure that's little... it's certainly the sort of thing that would absolutely piss the everloving shit out of me. :/

They're selfish, and brainwashed by the anti-science messaging being fed to them. We live in an absurd period of history.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

What's worse, we have Trump on tape talking to Bob Woodward and saying it's a horrible plague but he's gonna downplay it. IN HIS OWN VOICE!

(Fuck Bob Woodward for not releasing the tape at the time and instead sitting on it several months until his book was in print.)

Though I'm increasingly convinced that conservatives don't worship Donald Trump the man at all, but some kind of totemic God-King archetype. They can just slot in or out whoever their cultural leaders say is the current incarnation. I remember when Republicans were violently worshipful of Bush jr, and as soon as he was no longer useful they dropped him like he was nothing.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
ravenclaws76

Post by ravenclaws76 »

When you plan to play whole weekend, but game doesn't arrive. Ordered ps5 Demon's Souls, I'm excited and already made 4 character builds in my mind. Store send game wednesday morning, but Finnish post office couldn't get it here and now I have to wait it over the weekend. Hope it comes monday, 'cause tuesday they don't deliver anything. Boooooooooo :evil:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

No, youtube algorithm, I DON'T want to watch 4-year-old Jordan Peterson videos.

Doesn't matter what I just watched, even if it's a trans left-wing youtuber, the algorithm REALLY REALLY wants to autoplay old Peterson videos.

Somebody with money wants him to come back in a big way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXxlYzBCno

Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Mischief Maker wrote:Doesn't matter what I just watched, even if it's a trans left-wing youtuber, the algorithm REALLY REALLY wants to autoplay old Peterson videos.

Doubtful. The former is more often than not ineffectual damage control against the latter. The algorithm only picks out the words "Jordan Peterson".
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:Doesn't matter what I just watched, even if it's a trans left-wing youtuber, the algorithm REALLY REALLY wants to autoplay old Peterson videos.

Doubtful. The former is more often than not ineffectual damage control against the latter. The algorithm only picks out the words "Jordan Peterson".
You don't understand, I wipe cookies from my browser multiple times a day, and I'm not watching videos where Peterson's name comes up at all.

All I do is watch something involving politics with an empty cache and BAM! Autoplay is bringing up years-old Peterson interviews.

If it weren't for the aggressive algorithm, I would think he was still in his Benzo coma.