Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
drauch

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by drauch »

I have no home :(
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

drauch wrote:I have no home :(
same

it's okay though, there's no need to have an "innernet home", it's fine
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Why are B.C. Rich "redesigning" so many of their cool shapes "for 2019"?

http://sevenstring.org/attachments/5026 ... jpg.66425/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

That "2019" Mockingbird, in particular, is a fucking crime against aesthetics.
NYN

Re: Little things that start with a-none

Post by NYN »

I notice that I get ever so mildly agitated when peeps in conversation and writing number any originator.
MM1 (ooh!) , DMC1 (aargh!), D00M 1 (stop!), Street Fighter 1 (bah!), Zelda 1 (groan!), Gradius 1 (wince!), Resident Evil 1 (you!).

For brevity. For smooth communication. For clarity. For sure. For shame.

Notable obvious exceptions are things like Final Fight One and National Lampoon`s Loaded Weapon 1.

Now back to square one.
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Ronyn wrote:Zelda 1 (groan!)
To be fair, Zelda no Densetsu did get a re-release in Japan on FC cart as Zelda no Densetsu 1.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Heh. I'll keep using dem retroactive 1's :P

BTW I've been blasting Van Halen 1 over and over last night and it was glorious :mrgreen:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I notice that I get ever so mildly agitated when peeps in conversation and writing number any originator.
MM1 (ooh!) , DMC1 (aargh!), D00M 1 (stop!), Street Fighter 1 (bah!), Zelda 1 (groan!), Gradius 1 (wince!), Resident Evil 1 (you!).
Is that because you like to keep everything zero-indexed? Sector zero, patient zero, ground zero, Zelda Zero? (Megaman Zero would be a little ambiguous)
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Ronyn wrote:I notice that I get ever so mildly agitated when peeps in conversation and writing number any originator.

For brevity. For smooth communication. For clarity. For sure. For shame.

Notable obvious exceptions are things like Final Fight One and National Lampoon`s Loaded Weapon 1.

Now back to square one.
But how would you tell the difference between the original Devil May Cry and the godawful reboot titled DMC?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

the nightclub level in the dmc reboot was cool as shit. rest of the game was pretty good too. super corny of course but who cares.
NYN

Post by NYN »

ED-057 wrote: Is that because you like to keep everything zero-indexed? Sector zero, patient zero, ground zero, Zelda Zero? (Megaman Zero would be a little ambiguous)
I'm not into math or indexing or ranking. It's just a feeling like stubbing ones toe when reading or getting your ear boxed in conversation.
Mischief Maker wrote: But how would you tell the difference between the original Devil May Cry and the godawful reboot titled DMC?
Something like this:

DMC.

DmC. It was already ssstylized by default.

SSSatisfactory for you?
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I'm more annoyed by Microsoft's numbering system. Their third system is Xbox One.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Bag zipper broke. Didn't come off while I was holding it, at least... but I did have a bunch of shit I needed to lug back in it. Ended up tying the bag together with a plastic grocery bag.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Scapegoating China and populists in the press for your failure to innovate.
We apologise for the inconvenience
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Sexual assult victims that put down other sexual assult victims. Lady I follow on fb mentioned she didn't enjoy being hit on all day while waiting for tires for her car. She had posted in the past about her assult. Another victim shows up and puts her down stating if she really had crap happen to her, being hit on all day wouldn't register. Ugg, humans can be crap at times.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Messaging in fiction, wether I agree with it or not. Just tell a good story.
Godzilla was an inside job
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Every time i switch on the X-bone it needs an update for something or another :evil: . Can it not just play a game without this shit
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

YouTubers shoving their avatar in their own videos, or just cutting to nothing but their avatar on screen when talking. Which for some reason nearly all channels on cartoons do.
Bonus point if their avatar even has multiple expressions that's constantly being switched between.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

^^^ Could it be so that they don't get their videos yanked for exceeding use of footage beyond fair use?

And while I'm here: When anyone says "I finna". Immediately makes me think of Mammy Two Shoes from Tom and Jerry, followed by a bit of throwing up in my mouth.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Wildly inconsistent volume levels. Including but not limited to:

1) Voiced lines in video games where I can't hear what is being said over the music anyway
2) Language lessons with one speaker being much louder than the other (whichever one I'm trying to learn will be the quiet one, of course)
3) Crap internet videos that force me to crank the volume ALL the way up on my computer, AND turn the volume up on the speakers. Then afterwards I'll have to turn both back down again so that I can play music without being stuck at 1-3% with no adjustment range.

This also makes me realize that HDR displays are nothing but a dead end. If support for a color space with wider contrast range managed to work its way into the software swamp it would just result in websites that were randomly too dark with advertisements as bright as the sun. You'd have to get some hacked video driver to restrain that shit to a reasonable range. And you'd be right back to square one.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ED-057 wrote:Wildly inconsistent volume levels.

Amen BROTHER!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I didn't know hockey skate blades were so expensive. My $350 MSRP goalie skates need new blades and I just checked and it's gonna cost $200 to put some new ones on there... really wasn't prepared to pay more than half the price of a pair of new skates, for 2 blades... thought it'd be around $80, not $200

ED-057 wrote:Wildly inconsistent volume levels. Including but not limited to:

1) Voiced lines in video games where I can't hear what is being said over the music anyway
2) Language lessons with one speaker being much louder than the other (whichever one I'm trying to learn will be the quiet one, of course)
3) Crap internet videos that force me to crank the volume ALL the way up on my computer, AND turn the volume up on the speakers. Then afterwards I'll have to turn both back down again so that I can play music without being stuck at 1-3% with no adjustment range.

This also makes me realize that HDR displays are nothing but a dead end. If support for a color space with wider contrast range managed to work its way into the software swamp it would just result in websites that were randomly too dark with advertisements as bright as the sun. You'd have to get some hacked video driver to restrain that shit to a reasonable range. And you'd be right back to square one.
The majority of Youtube content creator mix the music-only parts way, way, WAY fucking louder than the narration parts. That's really annoying
Last edited by FinalBaton on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

emphatic wrote:

Amen BROTHER!
YouTubers doubling the decibels when delivering punchlines; like spoiled goat butter for my ears.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

emphatic wrote:

Amen BROTHER!
Agreed. I like to keep the volume at a set level, but the volume between the cable box, video games, and movies vary so much, it's impossible to stick with one volume setting.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Dear people who never turn on the extractor fan in the bathroom when you go take a crap:

FUCK YOU.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Games that are 100% offline with no internet components purchased from a presumably DRM-free platform, that attempt to send outgoing packets across the internet, presumably to track when you play the game.

Made even worse when the game crashes itself when you block it with a firewall. I've run into an issue where some games crash when I use the built-in Windows Firewall to block them, and where they crash only when my second firewall is enabled to block them so I have to use either one or the other to block them and figure out which the game works with.

The other option is to yank the ethernet cable out of the computer before ever playing the games which seems a ridiculous thing to have to do to avoid what amounts to spyware in your games.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

when you send an offer of €38 on an eBay listing, and some time later get an automated mail telling you that it was sold for €36.

Hunh...
null1024

Post by null1024 »

disk failure
I was able to get stuff off the disk [it's an external], but it's still really annoying to see $80 vanish like that, and it was only a few months.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Sumez wrote:when you send an offer of €38 on an eBay listing, and some time later get an automated mail telling you that it was sold for €36.

Hunh...
Related: when you send an offer on a $100 item for like a dollar less* and it gets automatically declined.

*As a curiosity after other reasonable offers were auto-declined.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

eBay constantly "helping us" sell our shit by automatically turning on the "best offer" feature.

I just love it when people waste my time with bullshit low ball offers.

If I was desperate for money and wanted to sell it below the maximum value, I'd use the auction format.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

orange808 wrote:eBay constantly "helping us" sell our shit by automatically turning on the "best offer" feature.

I just love it when people waste my time with bullshit low ball offers.

If I was desperate for money and wanted to sell it below the maximum value, I'd use the auction format.
I finally blocked a person that was using an offer bot. I'd consistently get offers from them for 40% (or lower) of my asking price. I like to have offers on but having auto-declines for garbage tier offers is a must.

I once had someone message me with some pretty nasty shit after their first 5 lowball offers were declined. I sent a reasonable counter at one point. I ended up blocking them and they made an alternate account to send me more nasty messages...