Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Skykid »

Anyone have little things that really hack them off in everyday life? Not including your girlfriends/wives, cos they're put on Earth to annoy you, so don't count.

I'm talking about stuff that just niggles you that others may not notice.

I get super pissed off in coffee shops. Like now.
I go in and want a certain seat because it's got a plug socket nearby and I need to plug in my laptop so I can do some work. I check out the seat, it's free, so I join the queue. Then, it's almost guaranteed that a bunch of girls will walk in and just head right past the queue without buying jack shit, and while I'm paying for my coffee they claim the seats, sending one girl back to buy all their drinks.

THAT PISSES ME OFF. It's not like I can use my aura to reserve the seat, but being first in the queue means I should be first to the seats. :x

Now I'm sitting here with 10 minutes on my battery and they're sitting next to me talking crap about men and clothes and bitching about their friends who aren't there.

Happens every god damn time.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

sven666

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by sven666 »

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

that coffee shop freak out looks like it was probably for a hidden camera show or something. Pretty funny though.

As for me, traffic is always the worst. I can't stand it whenever I'm stuck at a red light for more than one cycle. And fucking people take their sweet ass time accelerating when the light turns green because they know that they're gonna make it through the light and don't give a shit about the 20 people behind them. If everyone just stepped on the gas you could get like twice as many people through a light. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Wonderbanana

Post by Wonderbanana »

Anyone who pushes in a queue. Even worse are the 99% of British folk who then won't say anything!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

hipsters who hang out in coffee shops to 'be seen' with their Mac products....... :wink:
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Any time I'm at any video game store.

No, I don't want to pre-order. No, I don't want a magazine. No, I don't want a rewards card. No, I don't want you to keep asking me if I'm sure about my decisions after I've already said no. No, I don't care about your recommendations. No, I don't care about your impressions of the game I'm buying.

Thank you for making what should have been a one-minute transaction into a five-minute ordeal.
Wonderbanana wrote:Anyone who pushes in a queue. Even worse are the 99% of British folk who then won't say anything!
This. Or when people honk nonstop in a traffic jam as though it will make the traffic magically go away.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

CaptainRansom wrote:This. Or when people honk nonstop in a traffic jam as though it will make the traffic magically go away.
I hate people that do this, or the same behavior in a drive thru. You're not going to make the line disappear because you want your hamburger faster than everyone else :roll:
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Speaking of queues, any queue in China with no authority guiding (and sometimes with) and no clear physical barrier from cramming is awful. There's rarely such thing as a single-file line so if you want to maintain your spot, you'll want to squeeze like everyone else.

Anyway, there are way too many traffic annoyances. I totally agree with hating folks at the start of a short duration left-turn signal who pause for like 3 seconds before realizing the light turned green. And yeah, honking when not used as a warning signal is inane in general. Besides rubbernecking, the biggest factor impairing highway inefficiency during rush hours is in merge areas where jerks on the main road try to get an edge for themselves, wasting everyone else's time.

There are countless other deplorable driving practices like drivers who are quick to turn into a fast main road right as you approach the intersection but then go slow as molasses afterward (esp. on a 1-lane road where they pass a stoplight in the nick of time and leave you waiting) and drivers who are slow when they're in front of you and then speed up an extra 10-15 mph to prevent you from passing (and some slow down again if you stop passing).

Many folks' annoyances deal with perceived slights to matters of fairness and consistency. It just goes to show that western society could do a lot to be more considerate. In a way, it's sort of less an annoyance in China because you expect everyone to look after themselves so there's a strong consistency and equal playing field there.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I never knew that around the world people called lines "queues".
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
flux

Post by flux »

CaptainRansom wrote:Any time I'm at any video game store.

No, I don't want to pre-order. No, I don't want a magazine. No, I don't want a rewards card. No, I don't want you to keep asking me if I'm sure about my decisions after I've already said no. No, I don't care about your recommendations. No, I don't care about your impressions of the game I'm buying.

Thank you for making what should have been a one-minute transaction into a five-minute ordeal.
My solution for that was to stop going to Gamestop all together. Waiting a day or two for shipping is much more bearable than dealing with the surly employees.

People not following the rules while driving makes me crazy. People around here don't stop at red lights or stop signs, go the wrong way down a One Way, Make U-turns at intersections clearly marked "No U-Turns" and it always makes me insane. Mostly because these people are putting other people in danger just because they think they're special and don't need to follow the rules.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:that coffee shop freak out looks like it was probably for a hidden camera show or something. Pretty funny though.
S'not funny. I had to have to relocate and buy another coffee. Shit happens every other day, I swear. :(

Also no such thing as Hong Kong queuing man, I once got pushed in front of in the airport check in!

DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

social network like facebook and twitter

tv news in general.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
Evilmaxwar

Post by Evilmaxwar »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:As for me, traffic is always the worst. I can't stand it whenever I'm stuck at a red light for more than one cycle. And fucking people take their sweet ass time accelerating when the light turns green because they know that they're gonna make it through the light and don't give a shit about the 20 people behind them. If everyone just stepped on the gas you could get like twice as many people through a light. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Lol same thing for me, im always thinking: " If everyone would slack the brakes at the same time the light turn green everyone would start moving like a train but no... Its like everyone waits for the car in front of em and they have a crappy 1 second reaction time before they start moving too. I actually hate traffic so much that i will drive as little as possible, Im glad i live right next to where i work so i just get there by foot.

I also have a visceral hate for Quick time player. Evey time i get on some other computer and i see that crap installed i get angry they would dare install such an eye sore.

Also, right now, well since late yesterday, scrolling on this forum has become real slow, like im using a Celeron 333mhz or something. Weird since computer works fine and all other sites are fine, cpu usage is at 1% .. WTF is going on ? Anyone has experienced this ?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Trying to go to have lunch or dinner at some casual place only to get shafted out of a seat because there all taken up by single parties on laptops. They have long since finished eating (most of the time its just a drink anyway) yet they continue to take up space. I asked the manager of a place my GF and I like to go to dinner and he said they usually have to be chased out after closing. Why do you need to be seen in public browsing the internet!? GO FUCKING HOME!!

People who have garage sales and don't take down the signs they posted throughout the neighborhood also suck.

DragonInstall wrote:social network like facebook and twitter
Could probably do without this as well. :wink:
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

I work at a grocery store. It pisses me off when:

1 - People complaining about items that are -almost- expired. I can't take it down at some arbitrary date beforehand. That's just wasteful. It's food that can be eaten.

2 - People complaining that their product is "never on the shelf". I know it was on the shelf earlier in the day. I stock the item. I know when it's there, and when it's not there. 90% of the people that complain about this are people that come once every 6 months.

3 - People complaining that there isn't enough product on the shelf. Really!? After you've bought out the whole shelf, you really need to have 20 more pineapple yogurts!? You can't, like, mix it up a bit and get a few blueberries for a change? Some people don't even get to eat, and you're griping that you can't get more of your favorite flavor! That's just greedy.

4 - People that feel the need to "rotate" my products for me. Ok, you want the freshest product from the back. That's fine. However, don't throw the products all over the shelf and leave a huge mess for me to clean up.

4a - People that shift products around and put one product in front of another, particularly milk. Because I stock milk from inside the cooler, I must now either empty the shelf or walk all the way around to move the offending item back to the correct location.

5 - People that grab items from all the way across the store, then decide that they don't want them once they reach my isle. Instead of returning the item, laziness prevails and they leave the item on my shelves (if I'm lucky, sometimes they just leave it to rot, wasteful jerks) for me to return to the proper location. Waste of my time -_-.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Evilmaxwar wrote:
Also, right now, well since late yesterday, scrolling on this forum has become real slow, like im using a Celeron 333mhz or something. Weird since computer works fine and all other sites are fine, cpu usage is at 1% .. WTF is going on ? Anyone has experienced this ?
Try switching the forum theme to the one without the star field in the background; the star field theme seems to chug on some peoples setups.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Vandals piss me off big time. I don't mean the kind that smash up cars (they piss everyone off), just the dumbass kids who use a marker to scribble their 'tag' on anything they see.

Bought a new build flat last year with my partner. Took about 2 months before kids came along and started drawing on shit outside. They put new plants just outside the entry door in big white marble pots, and they looked alright (should do considering how much we pay for maintenance). Took about 1 day before some little punk had scribbled his name on it.

cools

Post by cools »

Skykid.

:wink:
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I'm a fucking janitor. In a drug recovery/mental health facility. I think that says enough

Makes everything else in life pleasant. If i start to get irritated, all i have to do is tell myself, "at least there isnt shit on the ceiling.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

cools wrote:Skykid.
Love you! :mrgreen:

gct

Post by gct »

It seems like driving is a touchy subject for many. While we are on that topic, how about people who make left turns into the right lane of a multi-lane road and vice-versa? Pretty dangerous when you have left-turning and right-turning traffic entering the same road.
Also, impatient idiots who are stuck behind a left-turning car, suddenly swerving out into the right lane without adequately checking first. Damn near kill me all the time.

What really bugs me is damned kids and their PDA. At least I can take some pleasure to know that while they think they have something really great going, the reality is that they will most likely be split up within 6 months :twisted: Older couples tend to show a bit more discretion.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Having to deal with drunk ppl when im sober. Due to not been a regular heavy drinker and through the years having to deal with friends, GFs and family who are great ppl when sober turn into the most selfish wankers thats walking. Having to put up with ppl like this since ive been a kid has made it so i cant stand all drunks unless im in a very very good mood or pissed as a fart myself

(not quite a little thing like the topic says but what the hell i wanna moan) Although to be frank I hate all ignorant wankers, bullies and yobs pissed and sober. Although anyone thats cruel to animals have gotta be the worst forms of life. That gang of kids that my neighbour stopped tying fireworks onto my pet cat are very lucky it wasnt me who caught them or saw their faces :evil:
Evilmaxwar

Post by Evilmaxwar »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:saw their faces :evil:
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

people who wake up really early just to watch tv
people who speed in school zones
people who criticize things without understanding them
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I really hate people who don't watch where they're going. Like in a mall or somewhere else with lots of people and (mostly posh girls) walk around looking at their cellphones or window shopping instead of WATCH WHERE YOU'RE FUCKING GOING. Most times I just feel like walking like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74 but instead I just dodge these bitches like they're some shot pattern. Next time I'm in the same situation I'm just gonna stop right in front of them and ask them to watch where they're going should they crash into me.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Having spent the last several years in the hospitality industry, I really hate when people bullshit me because they know I can't just call them out on their bullshit. People so frequently take advantage of the fact that corporate dictates how guests are treated I can only shake my head. For example, my current and previous employers have 100% satisfaction guarantees by which if anything is wrong with your stay, you can invoke the guarantee and your stay is free. People will often come down to the desk in the morning in and invoke the 100% claim and say something like their neighbors were noisy or their beds weren't made and just decided not to make the hotel aware of the problems. If you want to see something really pathetic, watch someones face as they try to explain the decision to spend the night tossing and turning because of a loud neighbor instead of taking two seconds to call the desk and have their problem addressed. Even better are the people that claim 100% literally weeks after their stay, having never registered a complaint while they were actually at the hotel. As scummy as those people are, the vast majority of people are reasonable and don't take advantage of shit like that, which gives me some hope.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
null1024

Post by null1024 »

In Florida, people don't use their turn signals very much. Really annoying, especially considering that Florida drivers are worse than New York [City] drivers or ones from New Jersey...
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

@Acid King - Not sure if you're the type willing to subject oneself to Spongebob Squarepants, but if you are I think you'd enjoy the episode "Krusty Towers" (if you can't find it on TV the sped-up version on YouTube is semi-watchable).

On-topic, I always find myself set on edge by women (men do it too, but particularly women) who refuse to dress and/or otherwise present themselves "as they are" - for example, women with black hair who insist on dying it blonde. Short women who insist on wearing ridiculously high heels/platforms. Women who really don't need much makeup but insist on a paint roller anyway. Or insist on accessories (huge sunglasses are a particular "favorite") that look ridiculous on them. And I won't even go into plastic surgery land. For some reason it always pains me to see someone go beyond the point of "trying to look good" into "totally disregarding your own identity in favor of somebody else's ideal" - I dunno, for some reason that particularly bugs me.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Yeah, I find the giant sunglasses to bit pretty kitschy as well. Particularly since it's a fad now...

Adding to that: People that wear their fashionable sunglasses indoors to try to look cool. You look like a twit >_<.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

There's no fine line between fad & fashion. While I am a somewhat superficial person at times, I've generally got no problem with people that want a change. I've dyed my hair before, worn earrings, and all that shit.
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.