Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Stevens

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Stevens »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:Board game boxes that are 80x larger than the components of the game.
That is annoying. On the plus side if that game has an expansion I'm a big fan of combining boxes and throwing away the extra.

I wonder if there are enough of us here that a thread could gain some traction.

On another note I am fairly certain that the toddlers who live upstairs favorite past time is throwing rocks on the floor. Good thing I live in a sturdy pre war.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Next doors dog. Its a big mutha and it barks at stuff that breathes.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

The fact that there's no Bitbox for Atari consoles, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

After finding out what the hell a "Bitbox" was, NES (Famicom in Japan) ones were the first results. :|
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Lord Satori wrote:After finding out what the hell a "Bitbox" was, NES (Famicom in Japan) ones were the first results. :|
Sharing boxes doesn't exactly work for FC/NES, though, since the carts are vastly different in shape in size.
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

Yesterday, I realized the anime series I watched the entirety of them were terrible, thus causing me insomnia and sleeping for few hours (not very healthy).

I should really learn how to stop when you realize the show creates feeling of boredom that leads to no sight of satisfaction, like galge and rom-com shows (I really can't stand those corny, moronic bullshit).
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Desktop pc is barely two years old and both the front and back 3.5mm audio jacks already crapped out.
The main many-pins power plug also is finicky, and the bios gave me shite in the beginning until I've found an older stable version to install.
I know there isn't one seriously completely reliable brand on Earth but it's my first and fucking last ever MSI mobo.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Making an offhand statement with innocent intentions and realizing a minute afterward that it could be construed in an awful way and that the person most definitely did construe it that way.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Carrying a rucksack with something rattling in it, so it creates some sort of annoying rhythm as you walk.
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Mischief Maker wrote:Making an offhand statement with innocent intentions and realizing a minute afterward that it could be construed in an awful way and that the person most definitely did construe it that way.
That's the reason I had to nuke my tumblr. They're all a pack of rabid dogs.

At least in real life, it's easier to take back what you said and apologize.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Mischief Maker wrote:Making an offhand statement with innocent intentions and realizing a minute afterward that it could be construed in an awful way and that the person most definitely did construe it that way.
My life is often like a mental episode of Curb so I totally get this.
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Watching any US made TV show and upon someone showing up with a gun, people are shocked someone has a gun! I mean, aren't there less people in the US that don't have a gun than there are with a gun? :lol: On the other hand, watching Trailer Park Boys (Canadian), they don't bat an eye.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

95% of my school being SJWs.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

atheistgod1999 wrote:95% of my school being SJWs.
Buy a Go Pro, an AR15, a shotgun, a pistol and a sack of ammo and grenades, and get to work motherfucker.
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

Satan wrote:
Buy a Go Pro, an AR15, a shotgun, a pistol and a sack of ammo and grenades, and get to work motherfucker.
The only time where mass shooting is condoned to eliminate the SJW's scourge.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

S_Fang wrote:
Satan wrote:
The only time where mass shooting is condoned to eliminate the SJW's scourge.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/fans-of-cathol ... e/38480900

My school is the one that played against the Catholic one. It's not a private Jewish school like you might think; it's a public school and while there are a lot of Jewish students, it's not 100%. There are Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, Atheists (including me), as well as other religions.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not against Jewish people, but I can't see how anyone could possibly be offended by some kids they don't even know, and have no power over them, telling them that they did something they didn't even do. I'm an Atheist and if a group of religious people told me that I killed 18 million people in WWII or that I'm going to burn in Hell or something, I wouldn't be offended, depressed, or shocked and would simply tell them to go away.

Virtually everyone at school was legitimately depressed over it. Some trolls at school then made graffiti with racist and anti-semitic (including that chant) phrases and everyone thought it was legit. I actually only know 2 kids who agreed people were overreacting. In homeroom that following Thursday, the principal talked over the loudspeaker YET AGAIN about how people can get counseling for that chant and still didn't understand that the graffiti was the work of trolls. I calmly said in a normal tone of voice that I thought people were overreacting and that the vandalism was just the work of trolls, and the homeroom teacher then told me to go to the Dean (basically a sub-principal for a grade that stays with them until graduation, at least at my school).

I think I should also mention that I got in trouble for mentioning that Lenny in "Of Mice and Men" was retarded (he literally is and that's what my teacher last year used to describe him when we were reading the book) on an assignment where I was supposed to write character bios for a book of my choosing (everyone else chose the same book) in English class.

I was also actually told by a teacher a few months ago that it's illegal to make fun of people online, which is totally true because after all, people on Encyclopedia Dramatica and 4Chan have gotten arrested for making fun of people like Chris-Chan and SammyClassicSonicFan, right? :roll: (I live in the USA, FYI) The next day, I told some random girl in my Study Hall that I was told that and she got all butthurt or something and said that it is illegal and that I was being insensitive because of what happened on Instagram that I had no idea about that she expected me to know (and it was something that involved probably just some students at school in her grade, which is a year younger than mine). I asked her what happened and she cried "It's really really bad and we're not going to talk about it anymore!". I asked her a few days ago what it was that she was talking about, and she once again expected me to know and said that she reported it. I asked again what it even was and she said that some student posted a comic making fun of some new student I don't know exists and then couldn't say anymore (she looked like she was about to cry). I'm not exaggerating.

THIS is one of the main reasons I hate being born in 1999 instead of 1979 (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Sorry for writing so much; I'm pissed off.

TL;DR: I got in trouble for saying people were overreacting over some incorrect stereotype some kids at another school said as well as using the word "Retarded" in the correct context. Also, almost everyone at school believes it's illegal to make fun of people online (I live in the USA).
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Thu May 05, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Tree cutting. Going on all over the place in town causing traffic jams and me to go different routes in this crappy town to get places. Ugg, I know it is needed, but really, can't they just focus on one portion of the city at a time?
BIL

Post by BIL »

atheistgod1999 wrote:TL;DR
I went to a retarded highschool too! #agnosticBIL1979

Just work hard and focus on your future, none of this stuff will mean shit once you're out of there.
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Kill them, anyway. Just make sure you film it.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Satan wrote:Kill them, anyway. Just make sure you film it.
reminder that it's columbine anniversary tomorrow
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

The hypersensitive SJWs at my college (college liberals, you know how they are) have managed to make me more conservative than I've ever been before in my life.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Bananamatic wrote:
I'm on spring break, anyway.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Shepardus wrote:
The hypersensitive SJWs at my college (college liberals, you know how they are) have managed to make me more conservative than I've ever been before in my life.
meanwhile the professors here make jokes about exploding arabs and people laugh at them
god damn i love living in this 2nd world shithole
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Bananamatic wrote:
is it just coincidence that the columbine anniversary coincides with Hitler's birthday?
Bananamatic wrote:
Shepardus wrote:
meanwhile the professors here make jokes about exploding arabs and people laugh at them
god damn i love living in this 2nd world shithole
on 9/11 some few years back, the Syrian muslim guy in our class joked about flying some planes into some towers during a social studies lesson
we all laughed
at least the Netherlands will never be as bad as the rest of Western Europe
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Video tutorials on YouTube. Not the concept itself, but the fact that the vast majority of people doing them didn't seem to think it a good idea to work out what they're going to do and say ahead of time, leading to a lot of "uh"s and "um"s and sometimes "where did I put that file" and even on occasion "okay that was supposed to work". Then throw in the god-forsaken lip smacking and/or teeth-sucking noises in between each of these "uh"s, "um"s, and other verbal tics, and this shit starts to become intolerable.

It's like... I get that you're not a paid professional, but... god damn, man. Try a little harder than that?
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

If you're going to do something, do it right or don't bother.
Youtube is such an underused and undervalued tool. The last time I was in full time education, videos of my lectures and tutorials would have been such a help if they were available, you'd almost think the education boards don't want to help you learn, all for the sake of putting a camera in the class and a mic on the lecturer's lapel. I realise there may be privacy issues here, but they can make the videos inaccessible to anyone without a direct link.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Shepardus wrote:
Funny, it's abhorrent puckered arseholes like quash and opus that are pushing me further into liberalism.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Blinge wrote:
Shepardus wrote:
Funny, it's abhorrent puckered arseholes like quash and opus that are pushing me further into liberalism.
Maybe find a balance?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Blinge wrote:
Shepardus wrote:
Liberalism or fascism?

I don't side with quash or opus' ideologies entire, although I'm willing to agree with certain elements of the argument. Liberalism that was party to old leftist thinking is basically buried now - I don't think I can ever agree with the standing ideological views as they are. The current political left is an absurdity; a kind of fantastical extremism where people can't be offended and people aren't free to offend. That's not the kind of world I'm interested in.
Last edited by Skykid on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Skykid wrote: Liberalism or fascism?
I'm not a fan of fascism to be quite honest. No need to be silly.
The current political left is an absurdity; a kind of fantastical extremism where people can't be offended and people aren't free to offend. That's not the kind of world I'm interested in.
I'll respond to you, but I didn't intend for the argument to spread here. (derp)

I think that 'world' you mention shout louder and provoke a backlash on the internet that belies how small a group they actually are. What's the term used for them, 'regressive left'? something like that.
They're an easy scapegoat for someone that wants to throw big important opinions around on the internet and appear macho at all costs.

My point being: it's incorrect and all too convenient to think this group represents the current political left.
The people you mention, if we're talking about the same type, do fuck all other than twitter and tumblr drama. I don't particularly identify
or agree with anything regressive lefties/SJWs/whatever say. And ffs do not get me started on 'cultural appropriation'

Another thing that gets on my nerves is how readily some feminists get bogged down in semantics; to the point where they're inventing a whole new lexicon, throwing about terms like "hetero-normative" no one speaks like that. It's entirely insular, they're not going to win over anyone elses opinion and probably don't care to, it's cultish. Meanwhile people with genuine messages about gender equality are either drowned out, or tarred with the same brush. I guess it's nothing new.

On the other hand I do tire of keyboard machismo lately, and I believe the most vocal opponents of 'SJWs'/ a few posters in the gamergate thread have never seen a pussy without paying for it.

I saw a girl post on this forum once, that was nice.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart