Love the forums? Support them!!!!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
thesuperkillerxxx

Love the forums? Support them!!!!

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

If you are a regular poster, I HIGHLY recommend tat you help malc out and support the forum monetarily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave 10 USD, and hope others do the same.

Paypal or whatever!!!!!
raiden

Post by raiden »

Paypal or whatever? What other way is there? I don´t have a paypal account, and I´m not living in the US, so a bank money transfer would cost me something like 30$. Sending money by mail is a little insecure. Is there yet another way to give money to Malc I´m not aware of?
Rob

Post by Rob »

I show my support be posting helpful information, but I'm OK with you guys paying! I show my support for that. :)
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Sadly, I can hardly support myself at the moment. Yea, I'm out of a job again. Maybe I should consider and try playing music full time...then I'd have no time to post here or even play games.
Ahhh, the rockstars life...all work with no play.

Seriously though, I'm planning on doing some more work with Vodkatron in a couple weeks. A few more songs are in the making as we speak. Hopefully, I can add my touch of magic in there to insure they aren't weak.
(sorry, just had to practice my song writing skills a bit, read the last paragraph again...you should get it)
Super Laydock

Re: Love the forums? Support them!!!!

Post by Super Laydock »

thesuperkillerxxx wrote:If you are a regular poster, I HIGHLY recommend tat you help malc out and support the forum monetarily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just think about it, he paid out of HIS own pocket to help US out getting a new forum. That ought to worth something, right!?

Check out his post here for details if you feel like donating:

http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

I allready did my part ofcourse...
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
landshark

Post by landshark »

Just think about it, he paid out of HIS own pocket to help US out getting a new forum. That ought to worth something, right!?
It's all optional. Nobody is under any requirement to do so and in no way should be made to feel bad about their choice.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

landshark wrote: It's all optional. Nobody is under any requirement to do so and in no way should be made to feel bad about their choice.
Hey, that wasn't my intention at all (making people feel bad about not donating).
As Malc says himself there is NO obligation whatsoever. If you feel right about donating do it, otherwise it's ok too, allright!?

Just wanted to show some support to Malc and did not want to offend anyone here.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Seems a lot of Shmup-o's are feeling quite "edgy" these days...
Maybe we should just lock ourselves in a large dimly lit basement and kill each other, Fight Club style.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

If it makes people feel more comfortable, I contributed, but I'm also pretty financially secure these days.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone. I just love the forum and hope others will support it, too.
landshark

Post by landshark »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:Seems a lot of Shmup-o's are feeling quite "edgy" these days...
Maybe we should just lock ourselves in a large dimly lit basement and kill each other, Fight Club style.
Sorry - my intention was not to sound like a dick from the otherside either. But I've seen a few "support the board" messages and I remember one of them sounding like you should definitely support him.

If were doing the fight club thing, I'm just gonna bring a rifle and stay at a distance if you don't mind.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

landshark wrote:
TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:Seems a lot of Shmup-o's are feeling quite "edgy" these days...
Sorry - my intention was not to sound like a dick from the otherside either. But I've seen a few "support the board" messages and I remember one of them sounding like you should definitely support him.

If were doing the fight club thing, I'm just gonna bring a rifle and stay at a distance if you don't mind.
Rifle? Words of wisdom and technique from a true "shooting" fan you are...
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Moving topic to OT at the moment, although we might have a Sticky later on about it. And...
landshark wrote:It's all optional. Nobody is under any requirement to do so and in no way should be made to feel bad about their choice.
Precisely. For the record I donated 50 USD to the forum (I see it as a donation to the shmup community at large) but I also completely understand that not everyone is in a position to do so.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Ever since the topic of new forums started, I've been one of the first to say I'd donate. So when I just minutes ago found out I'm financially secure enough to do this, I donated $20. Thanks for the forum, y'all!
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
landshark

Post by landshark »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:Rifle? Words of wisdom and technique from a true "shooting" fan you are...
I can't wait for the snow to go away :(
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

I'm going to wait around to see how things turn out before donating. The last forum was getting a little too powermad and edgy, for my tastes, before it crashed.
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I donated $4.00, if everyone done that, it would make alot of difference.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Edit: I am gonna pm malc to see if there's alternative ways of contributing.

IlMrm